Happy birthday, Yoona.

She is committed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOONA'S POV

 

 

 

Psychology says that there is no accident. Though the words wasn't supposed to get air time, it was no random coincidence as well. In a situation where someone calls a lover an ex's name, the SLIPPER wishes he/she were still with that person.

 

 

That is always on my head, I hate being an analytical thinker but I can't help it. A month here in Yongsan was sure fun and exciting but the time I spent here, she didn't slip in my mind a single bit. Add the fact that we didn't contact each other since then. I was occupied with my work. Thanks to that.

 

 

"Care to share?!" I looked up to my right to be met by a sweet aroma of a mixed coffee that has been my favorite this past weeks.

 

 

"Thank you Kai. You know what I want." I smiled.

 

 

I grab the cup of coffee he prepared for me. He sat across the table facing me. We were outside the cafe and just staying for the night.

 

 

"Is this how you're planning to celebrate your birthday?!" he suddenly spoke up.

 

 

"Just for a change." I shortly replied.

 

 

"Come on, spill." He laughed then looked at me seriously, "Even though you're not sharing, I know that there are lots of things going on inside, so spill, I'll listen."

 

 

I sighed. Kai has been my buddy here at Yongsan, I would listen to his dramatic story and I would share some of mine, and that's how we became close. It's been a month I think, since I left Seoul.

 

 

"If I utter a completely different name, would you get offended?!" 

 

 

He creased his eyebrows and think.

 

 

"No."

 

 

"No?! as in N-O?!" I asked in amusement.

 

 

He chuckled. "What if I'm someone special, say you girlfriend and what I've mentioned is an ex's name, how would you feel about it?"

 

 

"That must hurt, whose the guy, I'll punch him for you!" He exclaimed getting off his feet. I motioned him to sit and calm down.

 

 

"Just answer and don't make any commotion, its freaking 10 in the evening." I hush.

 

 

"That's a completely different story, of course I would get offended but come to think of it, that person at that moment must be comparing two people while being with someone, and accidentally slips. You'll never know for sure."

 

 

"You think so?!" 

 

 

He nodded in response. I just smiled and played the rim of the cup with my finger.

 

 

"You know,ever since you were assigned here at Yongsan... you were thinking a lot, you would smile but I know you're hiding something, I don't have the guts to ask but just in case you forgotten, I'm one of your friends." He smiled.

 

 

I was touched. I can't help but felt tears beginning to appear at the side of my eye. And I wipe it using the back of my hand.

 

 

"Happy birthday, Yoona. I think I'm the first one to greet you and made you cry  this must be going to be memorable and I'm proud of it." He said.

 

 

And both of us laughed, we stayed for a while. Talk about a lot of things.

Actually, I planned on staying here until midnight to welcome my birthday before going back to Seoul, and here is Kai, being a gentleman accompanied me and made me feel less lonely. I wonder if he has a girlfriend, I find him attractive but I only see him as a friend  and I am so lucky to have him because he really is a good friend. We would bicker a lot but when it comes to serious things, he is  completely different person.

 

 

He looked at his watch. "5minutes before your birthday, any plans?! Let's go to a bar and unwind." He said excitedly. 

 

 

I looked up and stared at the sky. "I'll think about it." I chuckled. I can see on my peripheral view that he is pouting. Haha, so cute.

I suddenly asked myself mentally if she was thinking of me. But I doubt it, she must be having her beauty sleep. I smiled bitterly. Kai is being quiet again.

 

 

"You are such a private person Yoona, but please be assured that you are always being remembered." He smiled.

 

 

I was confused.

 

 

Suddenly, I heard a song.

 

 

Not just an ordinary song but a birthday song. Is somebody celebrating their birthday as well.?! I looked around, I saw Kai also singing that song while clapping his hand. Then out of nowhere, I saw a cake in front of me, where the hell did it came from?!

 

 

When I looked on my side, there they are. Gelato's staff, not just them, S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter