The past

Just one look

Flashback 2 years ago....

 

Chloe was at her aunt's cafe again. It was summer again and she was here to visit her aunt. She loved her aunt very much and always specially came to korea to meet her during the summer. Chloe loved being in korea, so even the little time she spent here she always cherished it. It was a really hot afternoon and buisness was running slower than the usual bunch of people who stopped by for an occasional cool drink to quench their thirst.

 

Suddenly her aunt came through the back door and asked "omo Chloe ah~ have you had your lunch yet? You must be starving my poor baby" she cooed at chole.

"Not yet, but I was just about to step out and grab something in a while"

"Well then you better hurry up" her aunt said.

With that said she stepped out of the cafe and walked to the nearby hamburger joint. She wasn't a big fan of the place, but she would have to make do with it for now. She entered the shop and stood in line to place her order. Just as it was her turn to speak, her order, a guy came out of nowhere, got infront of her mumbling an apology and started placing his order. "What the heck!!" she thought it was her turn, was he blind or something? After he was done he started to walk away, but she stopped him in the midst of his tracks.

"Excuse me what did you just do right now? Can't you see it was supposed to be my turn." She spoke in English furiously, forgetting that she was in korea and had to speak korean.

"I'm so sorry. But I only have a 10 minute break for my lunch and I am in a hurry so I had to do it. I'm really sorry" the guy spoke in perfect english bowing really down while apologizing.

Chloe took a much closer look at his face now and saw that the guy looked exhausted to the bone, like he had run for several miles without stopping. But his features and his looks where quite handsome, apart from the tiredness that colored face. So she decided to let the guy off the hook.

"Since you apologized, I think its ok. You must be really busy. Enjoy your lunch!" 

"Really?" And with that he flashed the most perfect smile chloe had ever seen. His whole face lit up with that smile. My my handsome was an understatement for this guy.

"Really" she said a little breathlessly. What was wrong with her? 

"Thank you so much" with that the guy dashed out of her sight in a second really fast.

And she moved in line again to place her order.

 

The whole afternoon and evening passed like that, with chloe in a daze thinking about that cute guy from the afternoon. She never once had developed a crush on a guy in just first sight. It wasn't supposed to work like that, he really was very cute though. It was almost closing time for the cafe and she was about to lock up and leave because she was the only one left there alone. Suddenly the bell at the entrance rung signaling that someone had just come inside. She looked up to tell the person that it was almost closing time,

"I'm sorry but it's--" she stopped mid speech when she saw who had come through the door. It was the cute guy. The same about whom she had been thinking all day long. 

"Oh it's you that girl from today" he spoke in that rough, raspy voice of his. Had his voice sounded so y earlier too? Chloe thought.

"Yes and it's you" she answered right back.

"Did you say it was closing time already? Can you please make me an americano? I am in desperate need of coffee. I'll even pay extra."

"Coming right up" she said. If it was even possible, he looked more tired than earlier. And being the helper she was, she wanted to help him feel better.

"Thank you so much. You saved my life" he said sighing in relief. Boy was he dramatic. (A/n:His name should be wang dramatic jackson. Keke)

He went to go sit down on the nearby table. After a while he seemed to loose patience and started walking around the cafe. He looked like he didn't like to sit too still at one place.

"Here's your order sir" Chloe said in her sweetest voice she could manage and gave him the drink. 

"Thank you" he said while finally sitting in the table again.

It was totally quiet for some time while he sipped onto his drink and she cleaned the spotless counter AGAIN! 

'I really am sorry for earlier." He attempted to make small talk.

"It's alright" she said like it's no big deal. And it wasn't in reality.

"You speak English. And I haven't seen you here before. I come to this café quite a lot." 

"That's because I am not from here. As you can tell" Chloe shut up not giving anymore information. This guy could be creep for all she knew. 

"Oh then?" He asked. When she kept quiet, he understood, like a bulb going off in his head.

"Oh! I'm sorry I didnt mean to pry" he said while looking down. He looked disappointed, that she had stopped talking to him. The corners of his mouth turned down.

"This is my aunt's cafe. I just came from the states a week ago for the summer. And i always like to help out here. Soo.." She fell silent.

"Ohh!" Was all the reaction she got. Now it was her turn to be curious. 

"Why did you look in such a hurry earlier?" 

"Oh!! That? I was just taking a break from my practice to grab a quick bite and then get back to work. I usually don't get a lot of time to eat." 

"Practice?"

"Yeah dance practice. I'm sorry I'm not supposed to tell more than that." He said looking a bit guilty.

"It's alright. You already told me a lot"

"I love the drinks by this café a lot btw. I always come here whenever I have time. Oh we talked a lot but I never told you my name. Hi i'm Jackson!" He offered his hand.

"I'm chloe!" She said putting her hand in his. It was so warm.

"It is a pleasure talking to you. But I wish we hadn't met the way we did, me being so disrespectful and all" he looked down.

"Let's forget about that and start fresh. And I don't mind you, really were in a hurry." 

"Thank you so much for the friendship and the coffee I really needed it" he flashed that dazzling smile of his again. 

Why was Chloe feeling a bit faint. "No problem" she said and he let her hand go and she immediately pouted at the loss of contact.

"Oh my God! I should be getting back, I'm late! It was nice meeting you" and with that he ran outside again.

"You too" Chloe said quietly even though he couldn't hear.

 

Many days passed after that and Chloe didn't see jackson again. Though she wanted to but she didn't know how to contact him. She even went to that crappy hambuger place in the hope of seeing him, but to no avail. The time when she returned back to the states was coming closer, even though she didn't want to, but she had to leave. She had no choice. Her last night in korea and she was the last person at the cafe cleaning up again. The bell at the door rang signaling someone's arrival. Without looking up she started speaking. 

"I'm sorry but--"

"Its closing time and I'm not supossed to be here" a rough and smooth voice completed her sentence.

"Jackson! " she said in delight. "Well I guess somebody returned to the face of earth"

"Haha not funny. I've been busy, you know" and she knew he wasn't lieing because he looked really tired too but there was a twinkle in his eyes. 

"Americano coming right up" she said as if reading his mind.

"You are a life saver"  She giggled at that.

"So what brings you here today"

"well I had the rest of the evening off. So I thought I might go see a friend" 

"And that friend is very glad you came to see her" she brought his americano and her green tea set them on the table and sat opposite to him.

As they were talking about random stuff, she learned he was from hong kong. A foreignor. The reason for his good english, was because he had studied in an international school. He also shared that he was a fencer in the past. Chloe liked athletic guys. She was korean, even though she grew up in the States. And he was also very funny and he had a high pitched hyena like laugh, at first she got surprised with it, but it was really infectious and soon she was laughing too at his silly antics. And then she reminded them that they had to leave. But she didn't want to leave Jackson's company yet and she thanked the gods when he said.

"Umm do you wanna like go on a walk with me?"

"I would love to" she said.

They started walking around in awkward silence. She barely knew this guy but she felt so safe with him. Why that was, she had no clue. He made her feel protected. He broke the silence with another one of his stupid jokes and soon the awkwardness dissolved. Then after a while she said to him,

"I leave tomorrow" 

SILENCE 

"Do you have to?" He asked in a broken voice. 

"My break is ending and I've got school of course I have to" She was sad too.

"Then I guess this is goodbye now" he stopped walking and made her stand face to face with him. She noticed the twinkle in his eyes was gone.

"I guess" she just stood there awkwardly. When suddenly a pair of strong arms came around her in an embrace. Jackson buried his face in her neck, this hug felt way too familiar to both of them. Their bodies fit perfectly with each other.

"Jackson" she said and her voice quivered a bit. He then broke the hug and said,

"Don't be sad, I bet we'll see other soon" 

"I hope we can" 

"Well then until next time" he hugged her again and she sniffed in his scent trying to imprint it in her brain...

"Until next time" she said they broke the hug with one last look at reach other they walked their separate ways....

 

A/n: wahhh!!! I m here again with an update..i m so sorry i kinda forgot about this story cuz i had no time to update and i m sorry for that..but now i think i m back for good..nd i will try to update as soon as possible again..i hope u poeple love this story enough to subscribe..keke..i love all my readers..even the silent ones..keke..ne readers jjang!! Until next time see you!! 

                             -melover