One step closer

Just one look

Jackson stood outside chloe's building until he saw her get on the elevator safely. Call him crazy but he already felt protective of her. And he was just weird like that, he couldn't stand anything happening to her. He walked back to the road to get a taxi to go back to the dorm, sure he could always call his manager but he needed some alone time, and he really wasn't in the mood to take any scolding. It was late after all. He got into the cab while  politely greeting the driver and told him the address, smiling widely the whole time. His cheeks were starting to hurt now, but still the corners of his face wouldn't come down. He was so happy, happy felt like an understatement to him right now. He felt satisfied, content, blessed, yup those were the words that described his feeling completely. He had spent day and night wondering about that one girl, tortured himself to remember her and now that all of his efforts had paid off, there were no bounds to his happiness. While he was lost in his own world his phone started to ring and the driver had to snap him out of his reverie and tell him to answer his phone. He looked at the screen of his phone. Just the person he wanted to talk to. 

"Hey mark." He answered cheerfully.

"Jackson's where have you been man? I expected you to come back hours ago, listen, come quickly manager hyung will be home any minute now." He sounded worried. "Are you okay?" He added.

"I'm a lot better than okay man." He said still dreaming. Mark was losing his patience now.

"Listen come home this second, and I want to hear all about where you have been and why did you suddenly escape when filming ended. You didn't even talk to me jacks. I'm hurt." He added knowing that what he said was already working on Jackson's soft heart. It was safe to say that mark had some skills up his sleeves when it came to getting something serious out of Jackson. 

"No no, mark hyung. Why are you saying all this you know I tell you everything right? I'm gonna be home in a few minutes. I swear I won't hide anything from you guys." He said softly.

"Okay then hurry. We're all waiting." With that he hung up. It's gonna be an interesting talk, Jackson thought.

As soon as Jackson's key in the lock turned he was bombarded by questions from every direction.

"Yah, where were you? I was worried you idiot." Jb, the leadernim was the first to come forward for the interrogation.

"Hyung, calm down he just came back, let the guy breathe abit. Yah did you eat? Should I make you something real quick? Do you want some water?" Jinyoungie worried like omma that he was.

"Hyung nomu bogoshiposseoyo." Bam bam pouted at him, telling him that he was bored without him and no one would play with him.

"Hyung, did you go to the company to practice without me, in the basement? You told me we would go together." Gyeommie complained like always worrying about practice.

"Hyung you said you would help me with my English tonight. My exams are coming up and I'm already stressed. Why did you disappear??" Youngjae said.

"Yah yah kids calm down, he'll answer all of our questions. Just calm down a bit. Jackson you come. Sit. Jinyoungie get the guy something to eat, he hasn't eaten. Youngaje you can come to me I'll help with the english, bam bam stop whining and just play with gyeommie, and gyeommie Jackson did not go to the company alone. You know he keeps his promises, and JB Jackson will answer your question." Mark spoke up taking the charge as the oldest taking Jackson's side like always. But Jackson stared at him with eyes as wide as saucers, and so was everyone. This was the longest he had heard mark speak. EVER. And that too in one breath. Something must be wrong with mark today he thought, or maybe he was suddenly in the mood to speak today? Staying quiet was tiring. Jackson knew.

"Okay mark we'll deal with you later, Jackson answer me first." JB said coming out of his shock.

Jackson took a deep breath and starting explaining everything to the guys, from when he saw chloe at the fan event, and was surprised when he felt a connection, to where he met chloe during their training days, then his brainstorming of a few days, and then finally finding her in the same cafe today. The members stared at him in silence. He gave them a bit of time, after all his was a lot to take in and he didn't know how they were going to react.

"And she remembered you?" Jinyoungie asked in shock.

"Of course she did, so you think THIS is easy to forget?" He waved a hand at himself and smiled mischievously.

"Yah, stop joking. Let's be serious baboya. She really did? She recognized you right away in just 10 seconds?" JB looked in shock.

"I guess she did, but not right away, it took her some thinking too, but she figured it out much sooner than I did. Yoekshi, girls are smart." Jackson said in awe.

"Daebak!!" Was the only word that left yugyoem's mouth.

"Hyung, I think you like her. Keke and noona definitely likes you. Hyungg~~~ when can i meet her? Eh eh??" Bam bam threw full aegyo at Jackson.

"Okay kid calm down. One thing at a time." He said calming his excitement. Bam bam pouted.

"Hyung, I think this is destiny you meeting her again after all this time. I think you both are destined to be together." Young jae threw in his valuable input.

"Who belives in destiny anymore jae-ah?" Jackson tries to reason.

Mark just kept quiet, Jackson knew he was gonna have his own set of questions to ask in their shared room tonight. 

"Listen guys, I'm just happy that I got to meet her again, and I don't know what it is but we share a connection from the moment we saw each other, and we both feel it. I would really appreciate it if you guys supported me. See you guys are my strenght, and without you all I'm nothing. Plus she's a really big fan of us now, and I'd like you all to meet her someday." 

"When when when??!!!" Bam bam jumped.

"Someday." Jackson calmed him down.

"Of course we will support you. If you're happy, then we're all happy jacksonie. Right kids?" 

"Yes!!!!" They all spoke in chorus, then mark shouted suddenly, "yah Im Jaebum, I'm your hyung not your kid." Everyone was silent for almost 2 seconds until mark let out his high pitched laugh and they all realised what had happened and they all climbed on top of him to beat the living crap outta him. That's how they did it in got7.

Jackson was lying on his bed contemplating about whether to text chloe or not. It wasn't even that long of a time since they had separated but Jackson missed her terribly. He sent her a casual text.

Jackson: did you get home okay? :-) 

He sent it, and got really sad when a reply didn't come. He started shaking his leg impatiently while lying in the mat. After a while he started twirling his ring around his finger. Growing more impatient by the passing second. Mark was lying down on his mat his head buried in his laptop like always, but Jackson knew he was paying attention to all of his actions.

"She isn't replying to your text right?" Mark said matter of factly.

"How did you know?" Jackson asked dumbfounded.

"Only an idiot like you wouldn't notice your impatient actions idiot! And I did see you throw your phone in frustration. Chill man, have you seen the time? She's probably asleep. If you behave like this she's gonna get sick of you in no time." 

"Haha not funny mark." He said and started a pillow fight throwing his pillow in mark's face. "Yah!" Mark shouted and got up in full force to smack Jackson with a pillow of his own.

In the middle of their fight Jackson's phone went off with a loud ping sound. Both of them were in uncontrolled fits of laughter even screaming in between, it was only a matter if time until JB came to the room to shout at them. In the midst of all this Jackson noticed his phone going off. 

"Stop stop STOP!" he shouted to make mark stop hitting him.

"WHAT?!" Mark shouted back. 

Jackson was already lunging for his phone unable to hear mark's voice anymore. He looked at his phone nervously, his heart was beating so fast. The phone unlocked and he saw that she had replied to him. It was short but still. A huge smile spread across his face. 

Chloe: yes, I got in safe. U? ;-) 

His eyes zeroed on that wink she has sent him. She winked at him? WHAT?!!  He replied to her quickly.

Jackson: yup me too. I told the boys about u. They all wanna meet u. ;-) 

He sent a wink back. 

"Mark hyung!!!!" Jackson sang. " I love you mark hyung." He tackled mark again and climed on top of him trapping him in a breath stopping hug, and kissed him all over his face. 

"Yah yah stop!! What are you doing??!! WHY ARE YOU KISSING ME? STOP! SOMEBODY SAVE ME! JAEBUM AH!!!!!!" 

Jackson got off of mark and he was glaring at Jackson non stop, he mad a kissy face at mark. Mark gagged in disgust.

Jackson continued to text chloe for a while a smile on his face the whole time, even though mark pretended, but he was actually really happy his brother had found somebody. He had been always tired due to his busy schedule but still tried to keep a smile on his face the whole time. He could fool everyone but not mark. He was glad now he could see a genuine smile on his best friend's face.

Jackson woke up the next morning feeling more refreshed than ever, even though he had gotten very little sleep. He wished he could go meet chloe this very second, but couldn't. Maybe he'll find time during the day. He opted for calling her right now wishing she was up even though it was still early. The phone rang for a few times then a sleep ladden voice answered it.

"Hello." The voice sounded a bit rough, laced with sleep Jackson found it super y.

"Hello sleepy head! Wake up wake up it's a brand new day!" He sang into the phone.

"Jackson??" Then he hears some ruffling sounds and he knew that she had sit up straight. "Good morning to you too." She sounded more awake now. He laughes into the phone not his hyena laugh, but a y sound.

"Don't you have work today?" He asked her.

"What? Work? Oh yeah! What time is it?" She sounded dazed.

"A littler 7." He answered.

"7? WHAT??" She shouted into the phone, it shocked jackson a bit.

"Calm down! Its still early." He tried to calm her.

"No no no no no. NO! I'm late! Do you mind if I call you later?" She asked hurriedly.

"Not at all. And chill, you'll get there on time. I'll talk to you again." It sounded like she was moving around now.

"Yes yes, and thanks for waking me up! Have a nice day!" 

"You too." He hung up with a smile tugging at his lips.

If the morning itself was this good, how nice was the rest of the day would be. He went around getting ready with a smile on his face and nothing could erase it. Not even his burnt breakfast and grumpy mark.

 

A/n: Hello everyone!!!! Wahhh! Another chapter. They are getting one step closer to each other right? *winks* and I forgot to mention in my last update but i hit 100 views yesterday! Like omfg!!!! Thank you soo much to everyone who read this fic it means a lot!! And it encourages me to write more good stuff when people are here to read it!! I can't thank u all enough!!!! And things are about to get even sweeter for uri Jackson and chloe, so please stick around. I love you all so much. Ne readers jjang!! Until next time...

                               -melover.