Hong Kong - part 1

Just one look

Jackson woke up to the sound of his alarm going off. Bambam who was sharing the hotel room with him, groaned as his alarm started going off too. Jackson shifted in bed and tried to catch five more minutes of sleep but to no avail. He then remembered that he was going to be boarding a flight back home to Hong Kong; Chloe was coming to see him as well. He smiled into his pillow, pushing his tired and sore body off the bed. He then shook bambam trying to get him to wake up. Bambam stirred and then spoke in a very sleepy voice.

"Ehh? Is it time already? Do we get on the plane again?"

Jackson's heart melted as he saw the kid in bambam who was still just 17 and kids his age didn't wake up at 2:30 am to go please thousands of people. He decided he will let bambam sleep for 10 more minutes till then he did his business in the bathroom. Just as he was done and about to go wake him up. He heard the door to their room open and Jb's voice could be heard as he walked in. 

"Aish. Bambam ah~ Get up or we're going to be late."

"Huh?" He blinked the sleep out of his eyes and just as he saw Jb he rubbed his eyes cutely, walking straight into the bathroom. Jb glared at Jackson who stood there, freshly showered and fishing clothes out of his bag.

"Why didn't you wake him up?" Jb asked.

"He was tired okay? The poor thing was half asleep and when I shook him to get up he asked me if he had to get on a plane again. I decided to let him sleep for 10 more minutes. So don't look at me like I’ve committed a crime."

'You haven't committed a crime, relax. I get it, we're all tired and we all deserve a break but you have to understand. We aren't the only people and we are on a tight schedule so we can't keep the others waiting for us. So next time just wake him up okay?" As Jb spoke he rubbed the back Jackson's neck, the action made some tension leave his body. "Besides I think I might need your help in waking Youngjae up, you need to poke him fencing style again."

Jackson laughed then. "What? Like last time he just sat upright when I poked him at the right spots."

"Yup, just like last time."

"Let's go, but let me get dressed before." 

On their way to Jb and youngjae's room Jb suddenly asked. 

"Isn't Chloe coming to the concert today?"

"Yes, she is. She lands a few hours after we do. I wish I could stay longer, it's just two days."

"Hey, there is always another time don't feel bad about it."

"Yeah you're right. I'm going to go and pick her up at the airport." Jackson smiled, thinking that he would get to do something like all normal boyfriends did.

"Will that be okay?" Jb worried.

"Yeah, totally. I know my way around and I can drive here. Plus I even asked manager hyung for permission."

"I'm happy for you man." Jb genuinely smiled.

"Thanks hyung. Now let's get youngjae awake." He said as they both walked through the hotel room door.

Chloe woke up abruptly her eyes flying open and she saw that it was still dark out. She relaxed back into the bed and after a minute her alarm rang, signaling it was time to wake up. She pushed herself off the bed and headed for the bathroom. After she was done showering she wore the clothes she had laid out the night before. She put a few little things like her toothbrush and hairbrush in the luggage and finally zipped it up after checking that she had everything. She was bringing just one small suitcase, a carry-on bag and her purse. 

She was tying her hair into a ponytail and saw that her phone's screen was lighting up with a voice message. She grabbed it quickly and pressed play. It was from Jackson.

"Hey baby, Morning. I would have called you but it's still too early for you to be up and I didn't want to wake you. I'm leaving right now; I really can't wait to meet you. When you get this I’ll be on the plane so you won't be able to contact me. Just call me when you land. I'm waiting for you baby. I love you! Mwwaaaaaahhhhhh!" 

Chloe smiled while listening to him give her a big kiss on the phone. Idiot, she thought. But she loved her idiot. What? She was shocked at her own thoughts. There was no denying it anymore, she did love him and she was going to tell him that. Just as she picked up her phone to call a cab, it rang. 

"Are you ready yet? I'm taking you to the airport !" Kaitlyn's voice boomed through the phone.

"Seriously?" Kaitlyn had not even once mentioned yesterday that she was going to be dropping Chloe.

"Yes. Now be quick, I’m waiting downstairs. Move it woman!"

"Okay okay, chill. I'm just locking up and checking everything." 

Chloe hung up and hurried. She took a final look at her apartment, even if it was just for a short while she was going to miss her apartment. She hurried through the door and went downstairs. Just as was said Kaitlyn waited for her there. Chloe went and hugged her friend, who did so much for her without ever having to ask.

"Okay woman you can turn into a mush later, let's go or lover boy over there won't be able to see you."

"Thank you." Chloe said sincerely as she got into the car.

The conversation was light during the way. Kaitlyn made Chloe promise to click lots of pictures and send some to her and bring her a lot of presents because she was apparently an awesome friend. Chloe heartily agreed to everything.

At the airport when both of them stood there saying goodbye to each other. Kaitlyn got a little teary eyed, but she hid it well. 

"Why do I feel like I’m sending my daughter away to college?" Kaitlyn tried to crack a joke. "Really girl, I never thought this day would come after all that happened. But let me say this, I’m very happy for you. At any point you feel like it's too much and you can’t do it, just call me and I’ll get you home. Okay? Just know that can count on me."

"Yes, thank you. I love you!" Chloe hugged her tight.

"Aish. Now get going woman."

"I'll call you when I land."

"You better." 

"Bye Lynnie. See you."

"Bye babe."

Chloe walked to security with her eyes still watery. Kaitlyn's words meant a lot to her.  She filled her head with happy thoughts of seeing Jackson as time flew by all the processing was done and the plane was already taking off. Her heart beat erratically in her chest as she thought of seeing his hometown and seeing him perform. She plugged in her earphones and listened to got7 songs which made her calm. She also had a track of Jackson singing 'playground' which she had recorded secretly without him knowing. This was her lullaby. She fell asleep to it on nights when Jackson wasn't there singing it to her. She closed her eyes in bliss thinking she will be with him soon. 

Chloe woke up a little while before touchdown. She looked at her reflection. Her makeup free face was bloated and her eyes were puffy and red. The lack of sleep did that. Her hair was a royal mess of tangles. She got up and went into the tiny bathroom of the plane. She had no idea how people did stuff in such tiny space. Shaking her head she worked on making herself presentable for her boyfriend. Her hair as to now was free of tangles and hung straight down her back. She'd lined her eyes with a dark brown liner, and applied mascara of her lashes. To complete the look she applied some natural looking lipstick.

She smiled, happy with her work and stepped out of the tiny space. Her face was no longer puffy, eyes no longer red and a smile was plastered to her face. She felt a fluttering feeling in her stomach at the thought of seeing Jackson. She shook the last memory of him walking away quickly, not letting it dampen her mood. The announcement was made for them to return to their seats and to fasten their seatbelts as the plane was going to land. Her heart leaped out of her chest and it wasn't because of the plane. Finally the flight landed and it was time for her to step out. She was in Hong Kong! All she wanted to do was scream at the top of her lungs but she bottled up her excitement for until after she met Jackson. He would be very glad to join her in the screaming. 

When she had trouble in getting out her carry-on and purse from the upper compartment a nice gentleman helped her get it out and handed it to her. The guy was close to around her age and was very easy on the eyes. He smiled at her, his blue eyes twinkling. 

"Welcome to Hong Kong." His English was perfect.

"Thank you." She shyly said to him and moved on. This guy sat a seat away from her and had constantly tried to talk to her. But as she had been asleep half the time shaking him off was pretty easy. Now he stood behind her, a little too close to comfort or maybe she was so tired that she was imagining things. She stepped out of the plane and powered up her phone to call Jackson like he had told her do. She was waiting for her luggage when the guy came to her again. 

"Hi, I'm Asher." He extended his hand forward. 

"Hello. I'm Chloe." She shook his hand and his smiled widened.

"Is it your first time here?" 

"Uh, yeah."

"Beautiful city, lots of things too see. I'm here on a business trip."

Chloe looked at the luggage desperately praying for her suitcase to appear so she could just go. He was doing nothing to freak her out but she still felt uneasy.

"I'm visiting someone." She said just as her bag appeared. Watching her move, he moved too and lifted her bag off for her from the conveyor belt. 

"Thank you."

"It was lovely to meet you. Enjoy your stay."

"Yes, you too." She moved away from him hurriedly walking towards the exit while deciding that she will just go to the hotel by a taxi herself.

She got out of the exit and was fumbling in her bag when her eyes spotted a Korean sign. She saw that the person holding it was wearing an all black outfit and a snapback with his hood over it. Sunglasses hid almost half of his face. He could've been all covered and she still would recognize him. Jackson stood there waving the sign on which 'Yeobo' was written in big bold letters and below it in very small font her name was written. He had a grin stretched across his face. She stood still for 2 seconds not believing her eyes. When he waved for her to come over, she squealed abandoning her luggage and launched herself towards him. 

He dropped the sign to the floor and caught her with ease spinning her around in a circle while she laughed uncontrollably.

"OH MY GOD! What are you doing here?" 

"Like a good boyfriend I’m here to pick you up baby." He said while he put her down and went to get her luggage as she continued to stare at him. She could barely see his head and face of his disguise, the moment felt too surreal to her.

"Why are you looking at me like that baby?" He said as he threw the straps of her carry-on onto his shoulder and dragged her suitcase.

"It just, it feels like a dream." She told him honestly.

"It's real. Here let me prove it to you." He said as he took her face in his hands and leaned closer until their lips met. As soon as their lips touched she forgot all about that they were standing at an airport, she couldn't care less by now. She gave her all into the kiss as she pulled him closer by the front of his hoodie. His hands landed on the small of her back, pulling her too. When she gasped his tongue dove onto , claiming and tasting. It took all of her might not to throw his hoodie and snapback and bury her hands into his hair. She nipped and bit at his bottom lip and slightly pulled back before driving back in which made him growl. When they separated both of them were breathing hard and Jackson chuckled at her flushed cheeks.

He gave her a peck on the forehead and led them out of the airport. As they walked out Chloe saw Asher looking at them walk out and she waved slightly. She wanted to yell, 'this is my boyfriend' but she settled for a wave instead. He was flustered at first but waved and walked away quickly. Chloe laughed. 

"Who's that babe?" Jackson said as he clasped her hand in his. 

'He sat a seat away from me. Total flirt. Don't worry, he knows I’m taken." She smiled as she kissed his collarbone through his shirt because that was the only part of him she could reach. "Where am I going to stay?"

"At the hotel I’m staying." He said as he fumbled with his pocket.

They were outside now. It was still early in the morning but the sun was out and she breathed in the fresh air. 

"The taxis are this way babe." She said as she saw that they were walking in the direction of the parking lot. 

"We're not taking a taxi chlo." He said and just grinned. "I brought a car, I can drive baby."

"Really?" Her voice got high pitched and she was about to jump up and down with glee.

"I've never seen a car making you this excited." He said as he struggled to keep her on the ground so she wouldn't trip over her own feet.

"It's not the car that's exciting me, but us driving together, alone. I love going on drives. I used to go all the time back in the states. Now I don't have a car and I just miss it so much." 

They reached his car and it screamed that it belonged to Jackson. It was a perfect car. He popped the trunk and put her bags inside before he opened the passenger door for her to get in. He even pulled the seatbelt around her just like the guy does in the dramas. It had Chloe's cheeks flaming. 

"You should have told me you miss it. I would’ve made time to go get a license then."

"Ehh. I just thought it wasn't that important, but something about driving around calms me."

"I'll go get it, now that I know." He reached for her hand and intertwined their fingers together with his other hand on the steering wheel. 

"This is nice." She admitted as she brought their joint hands up to press a kiss onto the back of Jackson's hand. "Oh! I almost forgot, I’ve got to call Kaitlyn."

She let his hand go to which he made a whining sound like a puppy would make. She laughed at him and dialed Kaitlyn's number. It rang before she picked it up.

"Hey, you landed safely?" Chloe moved the phone towards Jackson so he could speak in it.

"HONG KONG!" He screamed into the phone making Kaitlyn laugh.

"Chlo!" She called out feigning annoyance.

"Yes Lyn, I reached safely and as you can probably tell Jackson came to pick me up. He's driving me up to the hotel right now."

"Did you say he was driving?"

"Yup, he has a permit here. It's so beautiful Lyn like Oh my God! I can't believe I’m here." 

"Pictures ! If you don't send me some in five minutes I’m going to hurt you."

'You're going to have to go through me first." Jackson spoke in the middle making Chloe laugh.

"Ha Ha! You focus on driving Wang! Chlo I have to get back to work. Let me call you in a bit okay?" 

"Yes, that's fine. Don't worry about me, I’m fine and well. Tell that to aunt too please."

"Of course, have fun. And remember I’m always here."

"Yes, thanks. Talk to you soon." 

"Yup, later." Chloe hung up the phone and she wove their hands together again. They stopped at a red light. Jackson pulled off his sunglasses and hood, putting on his glasses that he wore sometimes because of his bad eye sight. When he pulled his snapback off too Chloe gasped.

"What happened to your hair?!" She almost shrieked. "It's blonde!"

"I dyed it babe. You don't like it?" He said while running his hands through them, ruffling it up.

"It's been five seconds since I saw it. I don't know if I like it yet or not." Her expression was horrified and he had to laugh.

"You should look at your face right now. It's just hair sweetheart. I'll dye it back to brown in a few months."

"Hey now don't laugh. What would your reaction be if I showed up in blonde hair?" 

He seemed to think about it for a while. The light turned green he put the car back into drive. 

"I've decided I don't care what the color of your hair is as long as you always come to me. You're mine and I’ll take you any way you're offering. Besides I think you might look hotter as a blonde."

Chloe just laughed. "And you look like a hot geek in your glasses. I think the hair suits you."

"I'm glad I’ve gotten your approval."

"I'm glad I gave it to you! How much more time now?"

The sleep she had been fighting was getting to her now, her eyes struggling to open after every blink.

"Twenty minutes give or take. Are you okay baby? Tired?"

Chloe just nodded as he caressed her hair softly, which was making it even harder for her to stay awake.

"It's okay. Just sleep." He said and covered her with the blanket she had taken out from her bag.

"I don't want to. I want to see the sights, and talk to you. Ugh I hate this and you do this every day for months? People should salute you really. I really respect you babe, like really. You're awesome in doing what you do."

"Thanks honey, that means a lot to me. After a while you get used to it though, the jet lag, the constant feeling of being tired. You learn to live with it."

"You have to stay healthy. God! When I go back home I’m not going to be able to sleep thinking that this is what you have to go through."

"But in the end it’s all worth it baby. All fans aren't bad and they leave pretty sweet messages worrying about us. It gives us strength."

"I'm grateful for fans like those."

"Me too, now stop chatting and sleep. I'll wake you when we get there. Come here." He pulled her towards him so her head was resting on his shoulder with his arm wrapped around her. He kissed her forehead and smiled when her breathing evened out. He was really happy that she was here. 

The look on her face had been priceless when she'd seen him with the sign he had made with the help of everyone. He had told his parents she was coming when he had called them upon his arrival and they had been overjoyed by the news. 

They stopped the back entrance of the hotel which was safe from any paparazzi that were swarming at the front entrance. He gently shook her trying to wake her up.

"Baby wake up, we're here."

"Huh?" She cutely tried to open one eye and rubbed the other. She looked so adorable he resisted the urge to squish her cheeks.

"We're at the hotel; you can sleep comfortably in the room. You're going to have to get up."

"Oh-kay." She pushed her body away from his and patted both of her cheeks trying to make herself more awake. He got to the other side and opened the door for her. She took his hand and stepped out, a little unsteady on her feet. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder while signaling for someone to get her bags from the car. Jackson went to the reception to get her room card. Inside the elevator she leaned against him and closed her eyes again. Within two seconds he was positive that she was asleep again. When they got to her floor he picked her up bridal style and carried her to the room not wanting to wake her up a second time. 

One of the hotel staff brought her bags into the room and left. Jackson immediately went to the bed and put her down. He took off her shoes, jacket and watch and tucked her in. When she was still sleeping peacefully he pecked her forehead and started to head out when she grabbed him.

"Don't go." She mumbled sleepily. "I know you have to head to rehearsal but just stay. 10 minutes."

"Okay." He lay with her in bed and her body immediately curved around him. Her head was rested on his chest with one of her legs thrown over his thigh, as he wrapped both his arms around her. He stayed for 5 minutes before his phone vibrated in his pocket he took it out to see jinyoung was calling. 

"Yes, jinyoungie." He whispered.

"You're back at hotel with her. So are we."

"Yes I am but what are you guys doing here? I was about to head back."

"I'll go to her room, let's talk there." Jinyoung said and hung up. 

After a few minutes Jackson heard a knock and he untangled himself from her to get up. She let him go this time without waking up. He opened the door and was greeted with everyone standing outside.

"We came to say hi!" Bambam said excited.

"Shh! Quiet down she's asleep."

"Oh that's too bad." Jinyoung said.

"Let's go for now, we can come get her for lunch." Jaebum said as he texted on his phone. He did that a lot lately.

"Okay, wait I'll be back." He quickly went back into the room to find that Chloe had dragged his pillow down and was now wrapped around it. He quickly kissed the top of her head and walked out with the rest of Got7.

 

A/n: I know the end is abrupt but another update will be following shortly so look forward to that. Please leave comments. Ne readers jjang! I'll see you guys. Until next time. .
                        -melover