Safe with you

Just one look

The banging grew louder and louder filling Chloe's ears with the sound. Her head hurt and she felt dizzy all over again. God! What was happening? Who was that man? What did he want from her? Suddenly the banging stopped. She thought that the unknown person had found their way inside to get to her. She saw to see the man return with something like a big stone or a something that looked very heavy. She couldn't figure it out in the dark. Another moment passed and she heard a sound. Apparently the man had thrown the heavy object at the glass window nearby. She covered her ears to shield it from the sharp sound and let out a terrified scream. The glass did not break at the first attempt and the man tried again. 

Why wasn't anyone around to save her? No matter how like loudly she screamed no one would come to get her, as the area around was completely deserted and it was very late into the night. Before the man could try for the second time she heard the tires of a car screech to a stop. The silhouette of the man dropped the object where he stood and took off, nowhere in sight now. She sat on ground with her knees to her chest and her hands to her ears, she now closed her eyes tightly and fought the tears which were threatening to spill. After a moment she a soft knock on the door combined with the voice she could recognize anywhere. Jackson was here, she thought.

"Chloe, baby, are you okay? Open the door please." 

She made no attempt to get up and open it. It was as if she was glued to the space she sat on. 

"C'mon baby, you can do this. Get up and open the door." 

Still nothing.

"Are you hurt? Can you not move? That's it I’m calling an ambulance."

An ambulance? No she didn't want that, so she opened her eyes and saw Jackson standing there in the dark. He saw her move, and hung up on his phone. She still hadn't moved a bit and when she tried her body shook all over. Somehow she stood up from her place on the floor. She took a solid two minutes to find her balance and tried not to go falling back to the floor again. She reached the door with staggering footsteps and unlocked the door with shaky hands. As soon as the door was unlocked she recoiled away from it as if she had touched a hot iron. 
She again took her place on the floor and gathered herself into a ball, with her hands around her knees. Jackson entered the cafe and watched how she ran away from him. His heart broke at how fragile and scared she looked. He moved towards her with careful steps. He got a little closer to her but she moved even farther away from him, as if telling him not to come close to her. He halted his moments and took a seat on the ground farther away from her. They both sat in silence for a while then Jackson asked.

"Baby, are you hurt?" He said.

She just shook her head in the universal signal of a 'No'. 

Again silence. Empty silence. Jackson did not know how to comfort her. What would be the right words to say right now? He had no clue. Then he stood up, unable to sit still for long.

"It's just me baby, it's me Jackson. Please come I'm not going to hurt you." He said as he spread his arms wide. 

She looked at him for a total of two seconds, before she got up and threw herself at him. A wretched sob escaped her lips as she put her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. He caught her with ease and her back to calm her down. He whispered comforting things into her ear and planted kisses wherever he could reach. With her in his arms he walked out of the cafe and to the car outside. Manager hyung got out to open the door for them and Jackson got in with Chloe. She held him so tightly he was sure his shirt was going to rip right of and he had bruises forming in his back where her nails and fingers dug into it. He couldn't care less about all those things right now. All that mattered to him was to make Chloe alright. He tried to pry her fingers off his shirt and loosen her hold on him, so that he could go and check everything and lock the place up. Chloe made a sound of disapproval and held on even tighter shoving her face in his neck, trapping him in place.

"Baby I need to make sure if everything is okay and then lock the place up. I'll be back before you know it." He cooed softly in her ear. 

"No." She said a single syllable which inflicted so much pain that she was hiding.

"Okay baby. I'm right here." He said to her and then called to his hyung to lock up. Jackson held her tightly and her back comfortingly. His touch was working in calming her down but her body still shook uncontrollably against him.  He kept on whispering in her ear about how she was safe and that no one would harm her. She still hadn't said a word and Jackson was starting to get worried about her. He decided to call the guys to tell them he had got her. They had all been very anxious when manager hyung got that call and Jackson almost wrecked himself and others in his way to get to her. He dialed Jb’s number. It rang for a while before he picked it up.

"Jackson?"  His voice was calm but there was a hint of worry that only the people who know him would be able to recognize. 

"Yes hyung, I've got her. I'm headed to her place right now. If there is a schedule I will come right back with manager hyung. I'll just call her aunt or Kaitlyn." 

"Eo Jackson, we need you right now. I tried to get you out of it but couldn't, I'm sorry. I feel bad, but it's work Jackson ah."

"It's fine hyung. I'll come back."

"Okay, hurry." With that he hung up the phone. 

Both Chloe and Jackson sat in silence. Jackson's hand had stopped on her back and she moved a bit as if to tell him to do it again. She looked up from his embrace to see his wrinkled forehead and a frown on his mouth. She placed a hand on his cheek; which bought him out of his reverie. Both looked deep into each other's eyes. Chloe knew his was breaking his heart, to see her like this. 

"Is everything okay?" She asked in a low voice.

"Yes baby, everything is okay. Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?" 

"No, I'm fine. You look worried; I don't like this look on you." 

He cracked a humorless smile about how she was worried for him, and he wasn't even the one who had been attacked. God this girl was an angel he thought; he fell for her even more in that moment.

"No chlo, it’s just that I have to get back to work, I can't get out of it. I wanted to stay with you." His frown deepened.

"Then you should go to work. I won't come between you and your work ever. Look at me I'm totally fine right? So get your head on straight and go do what you're best at doing. I will wait for you at home."

He kissed her forehead, and called Kaitlyn. Both of them had gotten closer after they had met in the hospital. She was no longer the star struck fan girl, but a true friend to him, almost like his little sister. One of the many reasons he liked her because the said loved Chloe deeply. He could trust Chloe with her at any point and he wouldn't have to worry because he knew that Kaitlyn would look after her. She wasn't uncomfortable around him at all, but when he brought others with him she became a stuttering mess. Especially in front of leader Jb, and even he was very attentive towards her and looked after her conspicuously, but it had caught Jackson's eye many a times, but for once he kept his mouth closed. They would sort it out on their own.

"Hey is everything okay? Chloe called earlier and now you're calling. I'm sorry I didn't pay attention to my phone and was busy with work; I never miss her calls though. Tell me everything is okay!" 

"I would tell you if you'll let me speak Lynnie."

"Whoops! Okay speak already."

"Chloe was attacked in the cafe, some man came banging at the door when she was in there late. I got there on time otherwise the man would've broken in through the window."

"OH MY GOSH WHAT? OH GOD! I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T PICK UP THE PHONE. IS SHE OKAY?"

"Lyn calm down, she's fine. Like I said I got there on time. I'm on my way to her place but can't stay with her; I've got to head to a schedule. She looks too shaken to be left alone. How soon can you reach her place?" 

"I'm on my way right now. You don't worry and head to work safely. Don't worry, I'll stay with her."

"I know that Lynnie, you drive slow and don't hurry. I'll keep her company till you get there."

"Yes mom! I'll drive slowly. See you there."

“Yup, see you." Then he hung up looking less stressed and more like himself.

"Kaitlyn's on her way sweetheart. Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Yes I'm sure Jackson. You're babying me way too much. I'm a grown woman, I can stay by myself." 

"I know you can stay by yourself and that you're a grown woman, but baby. I don't want for you to be alone, so give me some peace of mind and don't be difficult. I'll drive me crazy not knowing you don't have anyone close with you in case, God forbid, anything happens. Please baby." He touched their foreheads together.

Both were silent, Jackson wanted to hear her say it to him.

"Okay?" he asked.

"Okay." She said.

"Thank you." He said kissing that pout away from her lips.

The manager stopped the car in front of her apartment building and went out muttering,

"Call me when you're ready to go. We need to leave quickly."

"Yes hyung." With that he left them alone.

"Just drop me off upstairs up to my apartment and then I can wait there for Kaitlyn myself. I don't want you to be late because of me.

"Relax babe, I'm not going to be late. And like I said I'm not leaving you alone. Besides, she should be here soon enough. Don't you want to spend some time with me?"

"Aw baby of course I do." Her seatbelt came undone. She climbed onto his lap, burying her face in his neck and placing a soft peck there, which made him groan. She smiled knowingly. 

He her hair lightly; nails digging in her scalp, making her close her eyes to savor the feeling. "I worried you, didn't I? She asked 

"Heck yes baby. But I’m glad you took all those lectures of me telling you to call manager hyung seriously. I'm very grateful to him today."

"Me too, Will you tell him I said thanks?" 

"Sure gorgeous. Anything for you."

She smiled against him and he felt her do it.

"What are you smiling about?"

"This is nice, just you and me. Lately everything has been a mess. You haven't complained, not even once."

"Why would I complain baby? I have to protect and be there for you. I want you to know you can count of me, that I'm never going to get tired of you. Okay?"

"Okay. I just keep waiting for you to realize that this isn't worth all the effort and run for the hills."

"Then keep waiting, because it's never going to happen. I'm not running away from you chlo, not now, not ever."

"I think I saved a country in my past life to get such an amazing boyfriend."

"I think so too. I am amazing!" Chloe hit his chest lightly and giggled.

Jackson cracked some more of his stupid jokes and Chloe was finally starting to look normal. They saw Kaitlyn pull over in her car as Jackson received a call from her.

"I'm here. Where are both of you?" She never bothered to say hello.

"You go up, we'll be right behind you."

"Okay." She hung up.

"Baby let's go, she's here." He said to Chloe.

"I can just go up with her you get going."

"Nope, I'm making both of you are safe in there. Let's go."

"Fine." She muttered.

Both of them got out of the car and Jackson started walking in the direction to her building when Chloe caught his wrist and halted his steps. He looked at her confused.

"Give me a piggy back ride." She said and pouted at him.

"What?" He couldn't believe it when she said it the first time.

"A piggy back ride, up to the apartment. Please. I can't feel my legs." She swayed on her legs as if they were made of jelly. But he knew she was bluffing. He just shook his head while smiling and bends down to his knees so that she could climb on his back. She squealed with glee and climbed his back, with arms around his neck and legs around his waist. She held onto his neck like a vise, almost choking him. She was afraid he would drop her on her just for fun if he wanted. 

"Yah! You’re choking me. Loosen that hold or I'm letting go." He threatened in a teasing voice. She scoffed but loosened her hold on him. He walked with her on his back with a smile plastered to his face. He wished he could stop this moment, where they could forget all about their problems. He entered the elevator and all the people inside, looked at them as if they were crazy. Jackson and Chloe paid them no mind. Chloe his hair and blew air into his ear making him squirm. She was having way too much fun with his. From here on she would suggest piggy back rides more often. Just for fun she tickled the space beneath his ear which made him go crazy and she giggled at his helplessness. 

"Yah! Chloe Han you do that one more time and I'm dropping your this very second."

"No you won't ~" She sang. "But even if you did, you're going down with me." She said and tightened her grip around his neck. He laughed his hyena laugh just as they reached her apartment. He set her down on her feet and she beamed at him so bright, his heart swelled. She reached on her tip toes and planted a quick kiss on his lips.

"Thank you." She smiled at him.

"My pleasure." He said while, Chloe unlocked the door.

"Chlo?" Kaitlyn's voice came from inside.

"Yeah." Chloe called back. "Go now; I'm sure you're already very late."

"Okay. Go inside and lock up. I'll see you as soon as my schedule ends." 

He took her face in his hands and planted a soft, long kiss on her lips. The kiss was sweet and soft and it conveyed all the words that Jackson and Chloe could not say out loud. Jackson gathered her close in his arms and lifted her at the waist. She didn't put her legs around him but bended them at the knees and crossed her ankles. Both of them parted for air as Jackson kissed her nose cutely. He set her on her feet again as she tugged his snap back off his head and put it on hers.

"Whoa there!" He said as he reached back for the snap back but she ducked to avoid his hand, a giggle escaping her.

"What? Wouldn't you lend one to me?" She said and pouted. The cap was too big for her as it almost covered her eyes. "C'mon oppa please~ you have many others. Please ~"

"Okay it's yours!"

"Yay!!" She squealed and hugged him.

"Can you two stop being nauseatingly romantic for two minutes?" Kaitlyn approached them and mock gagged looking at them.

"Nope." Chloe said and held him even tighter.

"Eww!" Kaitlyn scrunched up her nose and pushed Jackson towards the elevator. "You buzz off now, I'm sure manager oppa is going crazy pacing the street back and forth. Go."

"Okay okay. You take care of my girl." He said to her. "I'll see you" He said and pecked Chloe's lips one final time and tapped her snapback once before disappearing into the elevator.

A/n: Greetings everyone! I’m back with a new one. Things were getting a bit stressed so I decided to chill it out a bit. But don't worry the drama is nowhere near ending. It’s just the beginning my folks! I know this chapter is much shorter than previous ones and I apologize for that! Longer ones will be coming your way soon. Haha.. please leave comments! As always ne readers jjang! I'll see you guys. Until next time..
                                                                                      -melover