Preparations

Just one look

"I--" She stood there stuttering into the phone. She had no idea what to say. If she pulled back this time she really might lose him. She knew how important his family was to him, and if he wanted them to meet her she must be pretty important to him too. 

"It's okay, take some time to decide, I'm not asking for an answer right away." 

"Yes." She whispered into the phone.

"What?" He exclaimed.

"Yes, I'll go to Hong Kong." She said sounding crazy even to herself.

"Really?!" He voice raised in excitement.

"Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes! Oh my God! Jackson this is crazy!"

"I know! We don't have time we have to get your ticket sorted out. Manager Hyung is not going to like this." 

"Hey hey hold on! I'm buying my own ticket. Let me worry about that. You don't need one more thing added to that list of your worries."

"Chloe, are you mine?"

"Of course, I am. What sort of a question is that?" She asked, not knowing where he was going with this.

"You're my woman, who's leaving all of her work and that also on such a sudden request, to meet my family. Of course I have to make all the preparations. I'm not letting you do this. My mom raised me right babe."

"That makes me no sense." Chloe said frustrated.

"It makes complete sense, just pack your bags and let me take care of the rest."

"Ugh!"

"Tell me its fine. Say it."

"Okay! FINE!" 

"That's my girl. Now we leave for Thailand in a few hours. I'll talk to you soon okay?"

"Okay. I miss you. Take care of your throat. I get scared when I hear your voice like that. So please take care."

"Yes baby, I'll take care of my voice. You go prepare. Who's going to watch the cafe?"

"Uh, I haven't decided yet. I'll have to ask my aunt or Kaitlyn. I'm just praying someone in free."

"Hey, don't worry. It’s all going to work out."

"I hope so. I'm excited!"

"Me too baby, me too. Now I really have to go. I love you baby."

"Okay. Be safe." Then she hung up blushing at how softly he had spoken those words. If only she could say it back. She wanted to, but things were already moving at the speed of light. She wanted to slow down. But asking Jackson to slow down was like asking a person to not breathe. It was impossible. He was unstoppable. But their relationship needed this. He needed to make sure that she was going to be there for him, just like he'd always been for her. So she said yes and now she felt excited like a crazy person. 

She ran out to Kaitlyn, who was still sitting watching IGOT7, and screamed, at the top of her lungs.

"I'M GOING TO HONG KONG!"

"WHAT?" Kaitlyn screamed right back. When Chloe nodded, she ran and hugged her best friend as they both celebrated by jumping up and down while squealing.

She got ready for bed in monotone. Her head was clouded with thoughts of Jackson. She was excited to see her boyfriend perform and it was her first time at a JYP concert, or any concert for the matter of fact. She had already started packing and tomorrow she was leaving the cafe early, to go shopping with Kaitlyn. She thought she would combust with happiness. She wore another one of Jackson's sweater, she could swear her place had more of Jackson's clothes than his dorm, which was black and had J Wang written on the side of the sweater. This sweater swallowed her whole as it was a loose one Jackson himself. She breathed his smell and closed her eyes, hoping for only good things to happen.

She got up to the sound of the phone going off. She tossed and pulled the pillow over her head to block the sound but to no avail. She reluctantly got up and reached for the phone in her nightstand. When her hand caught it, she picked the call and put the thing to her ear. 

"Hello?" He voice was husky and laced with sleep.

"Good morning baby! Rise and shine!" Jackson's overly happy voice came through the device.

"Ugh! Let me sleep." She groaned and cut the call. She threw the phone back onto the nightstand and snuggled back into her warm blankets. She was always a morning person, but last night she wasn't able to sleep. She had been too excited to actually close her eyes for more than five seconds that resulted in a cranky Chloe not wanting to wake up.

The phone rang again; she huffed in frustration and willed her body to get up and picked up the phone again.

"Babe! You've got work! Then you've got to pack. You can't stay in bed all day. C'mon get up and chop chop!" She heard Jackson's voice again.

"Fineeeee!" She told him. "What about everything? My tickets? Where am I going to stay?"

"Babe, calm down it's still too early to worry right now. Told you I'm going to get it sorted. Your ticket is done. All the other preparations are done. All you have to do is get on a plane and that's it!"

"You got it all sorted in a night?" She was amazed at him for getting it done in such short notice.

"Yup! Well manager hyung wasn't too happy about having to run this direction and that in the beginning but he loves you too much to complain. He's actually excited that you're coming."

"Aw! I'll make sure to bring cupcakes for him!"

"And me?"

"Yes babe, for you too. Happy?"

"Yes! Now go get your out of bed and go to work. I'll talk to you in a few hours to sort out the details of your flight."

"Okay! Have a good day and take care."

"Yes baby. Love ya." Then he hung up and Chloe wasn't feeling so cranky anymore.

She got up and got ready for work. She now sat in the backroom finishing all of her pending work as she won't be around for two days while she would be in Hong Kong. Her aunt was gladly watching the cafe for her. She was so thankful to her aunt and Kaitlyn, who had promised her they would take care of it all while she was away. She could really count on those two. 

Just as she went out she saw that eunhye was back, just like she had promised.

"You're back!" She said beaming at her friend.

"I told you I would." She looked at Chloe with affection written all over her face. This girl was really kind, more than she let other people see, she thought. "Just Americano for me." Chloe told the order to one of her workers and took a seat with eunhye.

"I did what you said. You were right unnie. I can call you that right?"

"Of course you can."

"He liked it. He thought I wasn't going to call him back."

"I told you he would. It’s not bad to miss him."
 
"I'm just not good at expressing myself. I have a lot to think about. A lot of things stop me when I start to trust someone." Chloe confessed.

"It's okay to have a lot of thoughts. Everyone would tell you to follow your heart, but the head is above the heart for a reason. It’s good to think now and then. I think a lot too." She had a thoughtful expression on her face.

"I just didn't want him to worry too much about me."

"But you ended up making him worry. My boyfriend is just like me.  He doesn’t want me to worry about him but that just makes me worry that much more. Same goes for me and you too. Your boyfriend has every right to worry, just like you." 

"Thank you so much for your advice. You need anything all you have to do is call. Thank you." She gave eunhye her card.

"Not at all, in fact I should be the one thanking you." She smiled and took out her phone and started tapping the screen. Then she laughed in an evil manner which made Chloe get startled.

"Unnie, you're scaring me!" She said.

"Why? What did I do?"

"No, you just look like something's cooking in your head."

"No, nothing like that. I just sent him a text."

"Really? Wait I'll do that too." Chloe missed him and she knew he was about to leave for Thailand. 

Hi babe. How are you? I miss you so much! <3

She sent the text and waited for his reply.

There, Jackson was on the airport waiting, when he got Chloe's text. He looked to see that mark was in a similar position as him. Phone in hand, with a dumb smile on his face. He smirked, thinking that maybe his girlfriend had texted him too, just like Jackson's. He opened the text and replied telling her that he was just about to board the plane and that he missed her too. He showed the text to Jb who was sitting next to him. While the maknae line was busy trolling youngjae as they hid his passport and he ran all over the room yelling for them to give his passport back. 

"Hyung, see I got a text." He said smiling like an idiot.

"What's so special about getting a text? I get a lot of texts." Jb said.

"It's about getting a text from the right person." Jackson told him but he still looked confused. 

"Yah Jackson! Let's take a selca." Mark came over to them and both posed with a V towards the camera. Jb just looked at them like they were freaks with identical idiotic smiles on their faces. 

"Try dating Jb, you'll get it." Mark said as Jb walked away to give youngjae back his passport, muttering how they were idiots under his breath.

"Hyung let's take one more." Jackson said and this time both were pouting at the camera.

Mark then got another text and he got up from his seat next to Jackson and walked back. Jackson was too busy to notice him when Chloe sent a picture of herself too. Jackson smiled and typed another giddy reply.

Chloe smiled at the text Jackson was sending but kept her phone back in her pocket. 

"Oh! Unnie would you like to go shopping with me and my friend?" Chloe asked eunhye.

"Shopping? Maybe some other day, I'm busy for the whole day."

"Oh that’s too bad then. Maybe next time?"

"Surely next time." Eunhye smiled. "I've got to head out now. I'll see you soon." 

"Okay! Thanks for coming. Have a nice day." Chloe said as eunhye walked out.

Then she went on to complete her work as Jackson boarded his plane to Thailand. After a while Kaitlyn called her.

"Yo! You want to get lunch?" 

"Sure. Just come pick me up then we can head for shopping straight from lunch."

"Works for me. Be there is 20." Kaitlyn hung up; she never really bothered with hello and goodbye. Chloe shook her head and went about to getting ready to leave. Kaitlyn showed up in exactly 20 minutes like she'd said and Chloe said goodbye to all of her workers and walked out.

They went to a restaurant to get food and while their food was coming, Chloe could practically see the wheels turning in her head.

"Spill." Chloe said, like the word explained it all.

"What?" She watched Chloe with rounded eyes and pretended that she didn’t know what Chloe was talking about.

"Babe, I've known you for a long time now and if you think you can hide something from me, then you're very wrong." Chloe chuckled as Kaitlyn let out a long sigh.

"Okay, so here it is. Jb's been behaving very strange lately. He's talking different, like actually about feelings and stuff. Before we just fought and argued or something. I don’t know what has got into him, he's completely changed."

"First of all I didn't know you and Jb talked at all." Chloe asked with raised eyebrows.

"Not much, just a text here and there but lately it’s been a lot of texts. I don't know he's scaring me."

"Scaring you how?"

"He's making me think that he actually cares which I know he doesn't and I'm letting him mess with my head."

"Lyn, if there is something--"

"I know what you're to say, it’s never going to happen. You know I don't do relationships, never have, never will. This thing with him will go away before you even know it. He's just messing with me; we constantly want to kill each other. That doesn't make a very good match."

"Lyn." Chloe said quietly. She could clearly see her friend was running away from her feelings for Jb. But no one could make Kaitlyn see that for herself. She won't acknowledge them until she wanted to.

"Why are we even talking about this? See he's not even here and he's ruining our lunch. Besides I think that hot guy at work totally likes me. Maybe he'll be up for a little something." Kaitlyn said and grinned mischievously.

"Just be careful." Chloe looks at her worried.

"Yes mom!" She rolled her eyes. "Now eat up, or we won't have enough time to shop."

And just like that Chloe dropped the topic of Im Jaebum and Kaitlyn sighed in relief.

Chloe groaned in exasperation as Kaitlyn handed her another dress to try on. This is ridiculous, she thought. Chloe loved shopping as much as the next girl but Kaitlyn was a force of nature you could not mess with and boy did she shop. First of all Chloe kicked herself for promising her that she can choose all of her clothes and that she won't complaint. Mistake #1, check. Telling Kaitlyn that she can choose anything she wants and to take her time with it. Mistake #2, check. Now here she was standing in the changing room putting on the millionth dress that day. Chloe shopped fast and simple. She looked at two things, comfort and style. If it was comfortable and it looked good on her it was coming home with her. It was simple and she never thought a lot about clothes.

Whereas Kaitlyn was a total opposite. She had a clear view of what she wanted and wouldn't stop until she got it and was satisfied with it. They were trying to pick a dress that was a perfect mix of y and cute, which Chloe was going to wear at the concert. Kaitlyn had walked this direction and that looking at all the dresses, claiming that she was going to find the one. Chloe had no idea if she had found the one yet or not. She just wanted to go home, call Jackson and then sleep. Irritated, she walked out of the dressing room and show how the dress looked on her to Kaitlyn.

"Oh my god! Chlo this is it! We found the one!"

"You think?" Chloe looked at herself. She was wearing a little black dress. It was A-lined, according to what Kaitlyn had told her. The dress was simple in the front, just plain fabric but the back was stellar. The back was lace from neck to the waist where the fabric and lace were mixed to create a beautiful pattern. Its hem reached the middle of her thighs and it was sleeveless. She could see herself wearing this dress.

"Yes oh god yes! You're getting that dress whether you like it or not."

"But I like it.” Chloe smiled. "Now can we go home? I have to get to Aunt’s for dinner."

"Oh hells no! I'll get you to dinner but we've got a lot of stuff to still get."

"What stuff? Are you trying to make me bankrupt?"

"Accessories and more clothes. Now do you want to get to dinner on time or not?"

"Yes!" 

"Then chop chop! Follow me girl."

"Oh wait, I want to get Jackson something."

"Like what?"

"Clothing that he usually does not wear something colorful."

"And how will you put his name on it like basically all the clothes he owns."

"I might have an idea for that." Chloe smirked and walked to the men's section ready to pick out something for her boyfriend.

Jackson landed in Thailand and was met by many many, screaming fans. The response overwhelmed him like always but he played it cool on the outside like he always would. The fans had multiplied in number as Got7 wasn't the only group there. This was a JYP nation concert and all the JYP artists were on the tour. One girl screamed Yugyoem's name and her hand went down to him in a very disrespectful manner. Jackson saw what was going on and discretely shook the girl's hand off of yugyoem's body. He gathered the giant maknae who was looking shocked, close to him. 

"Are you okay gyoem-ah?" Jackson spoke in his ear and he just nodded in answer. Jackson still kept an arm around the maknae and did not let go until they were in the safety of the car. Jb noticed something weird going on and asked yugyoem. They were all used to this kind of thing happening, sometimes fans did it knowingly sometimes unknowingly, but their maknae was sensitive. 

"Yugyoem ah?" Jb looked straight into his eyes and asked.

"I'm fine hyung." He waved his hand back and forth as if it wasn't a big deal. 

"Someone touched him when we were walking, I took care of it." Jackson said in a hard voice. Jb cursed under his breath as jinyoung gasped. Jb was on the phone then, inquiring how tight the security will be at the hotel when they got down. This was his job as a leader to keep them safe, and when incidents like these happened he felt like he let them down. Mark who was sitting next to yugyoem brought his head to rest on his own shoulder and told him to rest while patting him on the head. When Jb got off the phone he tapped Jackson once on his shoulder, as if telling him good job. He just lifted his chin in return. 

Jackson then closed his eyes and thought about Chloe. He was going to be seeing her in a little more than a day now. He was excited; he hadn't told his parents that Chloe was visiting. He wanted to surprise them as he knew they wanted to see her too. When he has originally told his mom that he was going to come home for a concert she had wanted him to bring her with him. But he had thought that it would be too quick at the time. Now he had no problem with too quick. As long as Chloe would let him he was going to move on the speed of light. He felt happy that his parents who meant everything to him would meet Chloe who had become his entire world now.

Chloe had earlier sent him a selca with a sad face and told him that she was out shopping with Kaitlyn. He had laughed at the picture and wanted to wrap his arms around her and carry her home. She'd texted him saying that she was tired and was heading to her aunt's for dinner. He was happy that the cafe would be taken care of in her absence. That cafe was Chloe's baby and he had grown attached to the place too. He wanted to show the place he grew up in, all the places he went and that special room in his parent's house which was filled up with trophies and medals he won for fencing. Yup he had full room of them, his mom had insisted on it saying that memories should be cherished, and she was right. When were mothers ever wrong? He closed his eyes and prayed for everything to go well.

Chloe reaches her aunt's place with a million shopping bags in tow. Just like promised she wasn’t late. She was tired but feeling satisfied. She had found the perfect thing for Jackson and she couldn't wait to show it to him. She brought presents for his mom and dad as well. With a big smile she let herself in and the smell of food assaulted her senses. 

"Auntie I'm here!" She called out and her aunt showed up from the kitchen in an apron. 

"Oh sweet girl! How have you been? Oh my all this stuff!”

"Yes I've been good, you worry too much. I went shopping. I leave tomorrow." She said happily.

"Oh I know. C'mon I'm almost finished. I was just setting up the table."

"It smells delicious." Chloe put all of her stuff down and helped her aunt set up the table.

As they started eating the questions that Chloe was anticipating came.

"So you're going to meet his parents?" She asked around a bite.

"Yup and attend the JYP nation concert."

"Do you think it's a good idea for you go alone?"

"I'll be fine. I'll give you his managers and his number so you contact them both. Jackson took care of everything. You can really trust him auntie."

"Okay. If that's what you want. Take care of yourself and call me."

"I will auntie. Are you really sure the cafe will be fine?"

"Oh you tell me! I used to run that cafe before you for several years so don't you worry. It’s in safe hands."

"Thank you. What would I do without you?" Chloe asked tears stinging her nose.

"You never have to be without me sweet girl. Now finish your food and let's clean up."

Chloe said goodbye to her aunt and headed home in a cab. She thought of her gift for Jackson and how she was going to customize it just for him. She reached home and hit speed dial, calling Jackson. He answered voice groggy.

"Hello?" 

"Babe."

"Oh hey. You're back from your shopping trip?

"Yup and you?"

"On my way to the venue. I had very little sleep. I don't even know when I dozed off. Others are asleep as well." He spoke in a soft voice.

"You're taking care of yourself right? I don’t want you to fall sick."

"I'm not sick. Don't worry. All this is normal, I can handle it."

"Okay if you say so. I'll head to bed now. Do well at the concert."

"Thanks babe. Love you. See you soon."

"Yes." Chloe chuckled and headed for the bathroom to clean up and start her work. After she was showered and changed she headed for a certain shopping bag which held the shirt that she had bought for Jackson. It was red in color was just a plain dress shirt. There was nothing extravagant about it, yet she loved the clothing very much. As soon as she had seen it she knew that this is what she wanted to give him. She took out her needle and a white thread. She had decided that she was going to embroider the words JWANG and 852 on the shirt to make it truly belong to Jackson. He rarely wore something which didn't have his name on it and she had wanted to add a personal touch to her gift.

She started sewing the words into the fabric. She had decided to sew the words JWANG on the left side of the shirt and the numbers 852 on the back of the collar. She remembered a time when she had asked him why he had his name written all over his clothes and all his stuff.

"Why do you have your name written everywhere?"

"What do you mean?" He asked as he pecked her forehead as she sat in his lap her head against his chest as they watched a drama.

"Like all over your clothes and your snapbacks."

He just smiled and said, "It makes me remember who I am and where I'm from. It helps in keeping me grounded."

"Really?" She asked him with rounded eyes.

"Yeah, really. It always helps knowing where you are from. In my profession you need humbleness. It doesn't take very long time for all this fame to get to your head. When I look at all this, it helps me remind I'm still a kid from Hong Kong who just got too lucky."

"I admire you for keeping yourself grounded. You turned out really good and I hope you stay this way always."

"Forever baby."

"Forever."

She brought herself out if her daze and finished adding her personal touch. She still admired him and didn't think the he was full of himself for wearing his name all over his body like many other people did. Well they all could go shove it. 

She lay in bed and closed her eyes as anticipation filled her chest. She was going to be with Jackson in a few hours and she couldn't wait anymore. She closed her eyes and went to sleep with a smile on her face.

A/n: Hong Kong here I come!!! Hello! I’m as excited to write the next chap as you will be to read it! See you in the next one people! Please leave comments! Ne readers jjang! I'll see you guys. Until next time.
                                         -melover