I'm sorry

Just one look

As soon as Jackson walked out of her apartment and got into the elevator he regretted every single word that had come out of his mouth. He hadn't meant a word of it, he wanted to apologize. But he continued walking. He tried calling her just to make sure she was okay. She didn't pick up, he had known she wouldn't. He was trying to be understanding in every way, but he hated it when Chloe suddenly closed off to him. He hated not knowing what was bugging her and he hated not being able to take her problems away. So he got angry and pushed her even farther. What a genius ideas Wang Jackson. He wanted to kick his own and knock some sense into his own head.

He was never the type to get angry at everything, but he was angry at the fact that after he'd told her that he'd be with her always she was still closed off. It made him think she didn't trust him enough to share her past. He had no clue about it earlier but after tonight he knew it was about a guy. Chloe reacting that way during an intimate moment made him fear that it was worse that he'd originally thought. He shuddered wanting to somebody's head off. He wanted to kill the man who was responsible for her state. 

He reached the dorm; he hadn't bothered taking a taxi, and walked straight to his room. He knew all the members were home and they saw him walk with his head down and shoulders hunched straight to his room. They hadn't expected to see him come back at all tonight. They all thought he would want to spend some time with his girl as they were leaving for a month long tour in a few days. He went inside his room and found it empty thanking the Gods that mark wasn't home. If he was he would squeeze out the truth from Jackson and didn't know how to pry him off. Jackson locked the door and took off his shirt throwing it into some corner of the room and lay down on his bed. His closed his eyes willing for sleep to come, but couldn't. He had to know she was okay. He took out his phone from his pocket and dialed Kaitlyn's number. It rang before she picked it up.

"Yo, Wang!" 

"Can you do me a favor?" His voice was deep and husky, like it hurt talk.

"Is everything okay?" She sounded worried.

"Can you check up on Chloe for me? She's not picking up my call."

"Why? What happened? What did you do?" She screamed into the phone.

"We got into a fight and I stormed off, angry." 

". You better pray that she's okay or lord help me I'm going to kill you." she hung up and Jackson sighed. He called Chloe again and again but she didn't answer. He tossed and turned all night in bed, no sleep came to his very, very tired eyes.

The next day he called her whenever he had time from rehearsal. She was still not picking up. He sent her several texts telling him he was sorry, but still no answer. His mind was put a little at peace when Kaitlyn called in the morning telling him that Chloe okay. At least she hadn't fainted because another panic attack.

He concentrated on rehearsal making sure to not mess up. Putting his game face on he danced on point and sang his parts well. Now everyone knew something was wrong, because he wasn't being himself. When they'd finished dancing to another song mark and Jb cornered him. He knew exactly what was coming.

"What's wrong Kaka?" Mark said in his most firm voice, so Jackson knew he wasn't going to leave till he got his answers.

"Nothing mark, I'm okay."

"We know you're not and we want to help." Jb said.

"I just got into a small fight with Chloe. I'll be fine." He didn't want to lie to them, but he couldn't say the whole truth either.

"Are you sure?" mark said, not buying his explanation.

"Yes."

"You need something, anything, you tell me. Okay?" Jb said.

"Yes. I'm fine you guys don't need to worry."

"Okay." Both of them walked away and he sighed. They knew him too well and he could see it in their faces that they didn't believe a word of him telling them that he was fine, because he clearly was not fine. 

Chloe watched him walk out and slam the door. Her tears didn't know how to stop. She continued to lay on the floor her body limp. Her phone rang and she could hear it but she didn't have any strength to go get it. So she let it ring and ring and ring. She laid there on the cold floor, feeling nothing but emptiness. She closed her eyes and eventually sleep took over her tired body and broken heart.

Chloe opened her eyes and she was still on the floor, suddenly events from the previous night came back to her. A sharp pain pierced through her chest but she managed to push her stiff body off the floor and walk towards her bathroom. When she got out of the shower she heard her phone ring again. She took a deep breath, looked at the screen to see that Kaitlyn for calling. She picked it up.

"I have been calling you nonstop. Do you have any idea how worried I have been? Answer you damn phone next time girl. Where are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm at home. Why wouldn't I be okay?" Her voice sounded dead even to herself.

"I know. He called. He wanted to make sure you were okay since you weren't picking up his call."

Chloe said nothing but she sobbed into the phone.

"I'm on my way to your place." Kaitlyn said and hung up. Chloe looked at her phone and saw several missed calls from Jackson. One call was from five minutes after he'd left her apartment. What was left to say for him? She thought he was done with her. He had been very clear about it. She pushed that horrendous thought out of her head and went to fix breakfast.

"I'm going to kill you!" Kaitlyn said but came to her and hugged her instead. "Are you okay?"

"I'm not." She started crying again. There was no use in lying and pretending she was fine. 

"I'm going to rip him apart with my bare hands! How could he? But what did he do? He just called me to check up on you. His voice sounded dead and I knew something was wrong."

"He said he was done with me and my secrets." 

"HE DID NOT!" 

"He did. But it was my fault. I told him to get out first."

"Why would you do that?" Kaitlyn said confused.

"We were in a moment and I suddenly remembered something and thought I was actually there again. Things got out of hand after that."

"Oh honey. I'm sorry. Just tell me he tried to be understanding."

"He did, I pushed him away, too far away. And now he's never going to come back." Chloe cried while hugging her friend.

"Shut up idiot. If he doesn't come back I'm dragging his back to you. Don't you worry I'm not letting him escape this easily."

"No, I want him to stay away. I'm not good for him Lyn. All I do is hurt him. He needs to concentrate on his work." 

"But-"

"No!" Chloe's tone was firm.

"Fine, get dressed I'll drop you to work."

"Okay." Her phone started ringing again and she put it on silent and stuffed it in her bag and headed to work with Kaitlyn.

The day went by in a blur with nothing eventful happening. She did all of her work in monotone and barely talked to anyone. She was getting ready for bed when her phone rang telling that she'd just received a voice message on LINE. She decided to listen to the message. It was from Jackson.

She held her breath and the message.

"Chlo." His voice sounded so tired. "You wouldn't pick up my phone, so I decided to leave you this message. I hate fighting with you and I hate the reason that we're fighting for even more. I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean what I said. I'll never ever be done with you. I'll always stay by you no matter what and I--" His voice broke like he was holding back tears. "I'm sorry. Please answer my phone. I have to hear your voice and know that you're okay. I need you to stay sane Chloe. I-- I'll call again. I miss you." The message ended and tears streaked down Chloe's cheeks. He sounded so tired it took all of her strength to not call him back. Its better this way, he doesn't need to deal with your stress on top of everything. She reminded herself. 

She tossed the phone aside and went to get ready for bed snuggling in another one of Jackson's shirts.

It was early in the morning when she woke up disoriented. She was having a dream where she visited places she never wanted to go again. She drank a little bit of water from the glass on her nightstand and got up. The clock said 5:00 AM and she walked to the bathroom to freshen up. She wanted to run and to hit something so bad. A workout sounded like a good idea. She rarely ever worked out, but today it was just the thing that she needed. She got ready in her workout clothes and was just about to head out when her phone rang again, signaling another voice message. It was obviously from Jackson.

She played the file and listened. 

"I’m on my way to the airport. You're still not answering my calls by the way, and I'd really appreciate it if you did." His voice sounded like he had a sore throat. It came out a lot huskier and deeper. She wanted to wrap herself around him and comfort him. She sniffed and listened further.

"I leave for tour in an hour and won’t be back for a month. I was going to tell you that day, but it slipped my mind. I'm so tired and I miss you so much." She could hear him yawn. "I haven't slept; my brain couldn't shut up about you. It kept telling me I was a jerk to treat you the way I did and I couldn't argue back. I'm about to go insane Chloe. Just I want to you know that you're still mine. God help me I'm going to drop this tour and come running back to you because it's unbearable, not being able to talk to you. I want you Chloe, no scratch that, I need you. I need you to breathe and feel alive again. I'm done denying it to myself so I'll just say it. I love you. I know you love me too, so come back Chlo."

Chloe dropped her phone to the floor and stood in shock. He said he loved her. He was leaving for a month. They had such poor timing to start a fight. She left her phone on the floor and walked out; she needed to process all that he had said. After gym, where she ran on the treadmill and punched the punching bag she was left with a sore body and a confused mind. She wanted to call him and tell him that she loved him too but was she ready for it? Was she ready to tell it all to him? She knew he wanted answers and she no longer deny them to him. She needed to man up and face the ugly truth and commit to her man. He had said over and over again that he wasn't leaving, and proved it too. Now was the time to trust his words. She was sad and wanted to hear his voice. But now she was puzzled, after his morning message he hadn't called her for the whole day. Had he finally had enough and was angry at her again?

Now she stood in her cafe at the cash counter when eunhye walked inside the cafe talking to somebody on her phone. She waited patiently to finish her call and order her drink. After she did Chloe went around to making her drink and went to serve it her. When Chloe put the drink down she smiled up at her. Chloe smiled back but it didn't reach her eyes.

"I called a friend back home to brag and she ended up telling me she's engaged can you believe that?" She smiled. She apologized for her sudden use of English.

'I can speak English." Chloe told her. 

"I don't know if you remember but you gave me a cupcake that day. I need like a dozen more of those. Can you make them for me?" She asked politely and Chloe couldn't find it in herself to say no. She was a helper. Generally she never made them on demand or took orders for them but this was her friend so she decided to make them for her.

"But it'll take me some time." She told eunhye.

"That's fine. I have nowhere to be." She took out her laptop and started working while eunhye went to make the cupcakes.

After she was done, she put the cupcakes into a pretty box and brought the box to eunhye. She found her smiling while looking at the screen of her phone.

"Boyfriend?" She asked her, she'd told her about him a while back.

Yep, he's out of the country for work." Somehow eunhye's words made sorrow flood back into her chest. Jackson isn't here too. She thought.

"Chloe, right? Why don't take a seat?" She said with a sweet smile on her face, but she still looked intimidating.

"You’re the owner right?"

"Yes." Chloe said as she sat down.

"Excuse me for asking but, you look a little sad. Are you okay?"

Chloe let out a sigh, she wasn't angry that eunhye asked her a personal question, she needed advice. She sat and poured all of her worries out to eunhye, hoping that she would understand her inner battle. She didn't tell her whole thing, but just that she was torn between calling her boyfriend after a fight while he went to work overseas. 

"I have a boyfriend too. He's working overseas, too." Chloe said.

"Isn't he calling you and asking how you are?"

"Actually, he keeps calling. I don't know if I should call him back or not."

"Why not?"

"He kept calling and I didn't answer; now he's not calling anymore. I think he gave up and is mad at me."

Chloe missed him, she missed him a lot. But now she was afraid that if she called him he would get disturbed because he'd finally gotten the signal she was trying to send him. She was trying to tell him to concentrate on work. Now that he finally did, how could she call back now?

"I'm sure he's sitting there thinking the same thing as you. He might be missing you too but he's not calling because he thinks you're busy and that it's bothering you."

"You think so?" 

"Yes, miscommunication leads to fallout. You need to contact him. You call him and tell him that you're okay and put his mind at peace."

"Do you contact your boyfriend often?"

"I do sometimes, if I don't call them that don’t mean that I'm not thinking about them. My boyfriend thinks the same so it works out for the both of us."

"I can't be like that. I miss him too much."

"Then call him and do yourself a favor. I'm sure he's not mad at you. I think he misses you too much to be mad."

"Really?"

"Yes!"

Eunhye ordered another coffee and worked on her laptop as she and Chloe talked about this and that. 

"I have to go." Eunhye said. "But I'll be back tomorrow, someone broke my coffee machine."

"I'll make you cupcakes again. Thank you for coming." She bowed and thanked her for a good piece of advice as well as for visiting her cafe. Eunhye smiled one last time and walked out the cafe.

Chloe felt like she could finally breathe. She hurried back to the backroom and dug her phone out of her bag. When she found it she dialed Jackson's number. It rang once then he picked it up.

"Baby." He breathed. "Are you okay?" She could her loud music in the background and she had to strain to hear his voice clearly. She heard a door close and then silence.

“Baby." He said again. Chloe just sobbed into the phone. "Hey, are you crying? I'm sorry, please don’t cry. Please." His voice broke like he held back tears himself. 

Both of them stayed silent and there was just the sound of breathing on both sides.

"Say something." He pleaded.

"I miss you." She whispered.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry I left so abruptly. I should have just ditched practice and walked to your place when you weren't answering you phone. But I couldn't miss practice, Jb would've have killed me and fed my body to the wild dogs." Chloe laughed.

"Now that's the sound I want to hear. I'm missing you so much that I feel like running all the way back to you."

"But you can't. You have to do what you do best. I'll wait for you here. I'm sorry too. I'm ready to let down my walls baby." Another sob erupted from her chest.

"But you don't have to anymore, it was wrong of me to walk out like that. I got angry too quickly for no good reason. If I maintained my cool, you would have at least kissed me goodbye."

"It wasn't your fault jacks. It was mine and I’m finally ready to accept it. You matter the most to me and I want to make you feel like I trust you, because I really do."

"Are you sure? You really don’t have to though. That was the first and last time that I’ll pressure you, I promise."

"Thank you. Now come back quickly."

"Jackson, get back in here." Jb called for him.

"One second." He yelled back. "Baby I've got to go. I'm in the middle of practice. I'll call you later."

'Yes go. I'll wait for your call."

"Okay baby. See you."

"Bye babe." And she hung up. 

It didn't miss her notice that he didn't say he loved her again. She kind of wanted to hear it so she could say it back to him, but he didn't. She felt like a huge weight has been lifted off her shoulder and that she could breathe again. She took deep breath, fixed her hair and applied some kohl and mascara. She hadn't bothered with any of that this morning. She couldn't care less about how she looked then, but now that she was back to her original self and wanted to look presentable for the customers. She made sure to thank eunhye when she comes back to the cafe again like she had promised. She really liked that unnie. When she went back to the cafe she only thought about how she couldn't wait until Jackson had time to call her back again. She smiled and went to work.

When Kaitlyn called awhile later, she knew in a minute that Chloe was okay.

"So you called him back huh?" 

"Yes I did." She said shy. This was a new feeling for her. Fighting and then experiencing even more love for the person after the fight.

"What did the idiot say?"

"Hey don't call my man an idiot! He apologized. I did too. I think we're okay now. Though he is not here right now."

"Why? Where is he?"

"Tour and I couldn't even tell him goodbye just because I'm too messed up in the head. Ugh I feel like punching something. I won't see him for a month. I'll go crazy!"

"Hey don't worry you're already crazy. Nothing can cause any more damage."

Chloe growled as Kaitlyn laughed.

"Not funny Lyn." Chloe pouted.

"But it is. Hey girl listen I have to get back to work. I'll pick you up. Just call me when you close up."

"You're the best. I'll make you dinner. Thanks."

"Hey none of that now. See ya later."

"Yup, later." She hung up with a smile on her face. She really had the best people in her life.

Later that night she wore one of Jackson's sweaters, it smelled just like him. The sleeves were too long for her and the hem came to the middle of her thighs. It had the numbers 852 on the back in bold white letters. The clothing was black like almost all of his clothes. He owned some white but there was such a lack of color in his wardrobe. When she went shopping she was buying him clothes whether he liked it or not. The sound of Kaitlyn coming to the kitchen brought her out of her reverie. 

"Smells delicious. What's cooking?"

"Pasta." 

"Oh yum. That man of yours, he call you yet?"

"No, I think Jb's being too strict. But I guess that's how he has to be. I don’t really blame him. It’s because of him we get to see such awesome performances."

"I know, that guy is just ugh." Kaitlyn sighed.

"Can I ask you something? Promise me you'll give me an honest answer."

"Shoot."

"What's going on between you and Jb?"

Kaitlyn choked on the water she was drinking and Chloe had to pound her back to get her to breathe right again. Kaitlyn's reaction had spoken louder than any words.

"NOTHING is going on between me and Jb. Are you crazy? No no no no. Just no!"

"Fine, fine. I know you'll tell me one day." Chloe smirked.

"Oh my God you're impossible. Ugh!" Kaitlyn went out to the living room while stomping her feet. She saw how Jb had looked at her when they had been together a few times. The chemistry between them was undeniable.

Both ate and watched an episode of got7's reality show IGOT7 which had them rolling because of the laughter. Chloe ran when her phone rang in the bedroom.

"Hello."

"Hey baby." His voice was hoarse, like he was sick.

"Hey are you okay?" She asked with worry evident in her voice.

"Yeah, we just finished the concert. Don't worry my voice always turns like this after all the screaming and the singing."

"Take care, take it easy. You have to get back to me in one piece."

"Yes boss." He laughed but he could also hear the pain that action caused in his throat.

"So what are you up to?" She asked as she heard in the background.

"Is that Chloe noona on the phone?" Bambam asked.

"Yes it is “Jackson said and then she heard bambam's voice.

"Noona~ how have you been? It's been a while!"

"Hi bambam. I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm good too. Noona you've turned hyung into a crazy person."

"Wasn't he originally crazy?" Chloe laughed when she heard Jackson go hmph.

"Uh, we he was but these past few days were totally new side to him. He wouldn't eat, or sleep or--"

"Yah! Brat!" She heard Jackson's voice and the sound of him wrestling the phone away from bambam.

"Shut up! Go away!"

"Bye noona~ Next time we meet, I’m giving you my number." Chloe laughed.

"Hey I was telling her the truth." Then silence and she heard the door close.

"I'm sorry, he's such a brat." Jackson said.

"Hey he's cute don't call him that."

"Fine, he’s cute. I admit!" She could practically see him pout.

"Stop pouting baby." She with a laugh.

"Oh shut up. Besides I didn't call you to chit chat."

"You didn't?" Chloe asked puzzled. What if he asked her questions over the phone itself? She couldn't do that.

"I didn't. I wanted to ask you a serious question."

"Okay." She gulped.

"Well as you know we're on tour, and Hong Kong is in the list of destinations too. I'm going back home for a day."

"That's great news baby. I'm happy for you!" She released the breath she was holding.

"But I want to ask you one thing."

"Ask away Wang Kong."

"Will you go to our concert in Hong Kong and then would you like to go home back with me?"

"What?" She whispered.

"I love you Chloe, and I want you to meet my family. This might be horrible timing but give me this chance. Let me feel that you love me too, if you're not ready to say it yet."

"I--" She just stood there with her eyes wide and gaping while the phone was still pressed to her ear.

A/n: Well here is the update I promised you guys..haha.. were you surprised that they faught? Well now everything is okay! I will be updating again very soon! Please leave comments. Ne readers jjang! i'll see you guys. Until next time!
                           -melover.