The truth

Just one look

This chapter contains mature, harsh content and mention of violence. Read at your own risk, I advice any minors to skip this part.

Jackson pulled her out of the restaurant through the main gate and was glad there was no one taking pictures of them. He hadn't really bothered with a disguise apart from his usual snap back and chloe's face wasn't covered either. He kept her wrist grasped firmly in his hand and guided her to his car. Chloe was confused by his behavior. The party inside hadn't even started and they were leaving already? It was kind of rude when JYP had called her as his guest personally. She still looked at him with question in her eyes and he just chuckled in answer. 
 
They drove mainly in silence but chloe was uneasy. She kept fidgeting in her seat, like something was about to go terribly wrong. Her fingers twriled the bracelet in her hand, a habit already forming. She looked down and huffed in frustration. She was feeling too hot. Abruptly she unwrapped the scarf from around her neck and all but ripped her jacket off her. Jackson looked in her direction. 
 
"Woah! Easy there tiger! Why are you preparing for battle?" He laughed loudly. Her lips twiched. 
 
"It's hot in here."
 
"Well baby, I know I'm wild and y but you don't need to flatter me that way!" 
 
"You're so full of it." She aimed a half hearted punch to his shoulder and he laughed some more. 
 
"No, but seriously, What's wrong?" He asked softly.
 
"Nothing I just don't do too well with surprises and I'm getting this uneasy feeling that something isn't right."
 
"But you're with me chlo, and if you end up hating it we'll leave right away." He intertwined his fingers through hers and she exhaled, visibly relaxed. 
 
"Okay." She mumbled and he brought their hands up to place a chaste kiss on the back of hers.
 
In no time after that, he was pulling into a parking lot and went to get her door. She still had no idea where he'd brought her. As soon as they got in the lobby she gawked, it was too beuatiful. A staff immediately came towards them. Jackson spoke to them and then he was walking away. 
 
"Stay with them, I'll just be back from the restroom." 
 
She nodded but remained stiff. Thankfully the staff of this hotel knew English and they took her on a tour of the lobby explaining all the exquisite paintings and artwork. Chloe listened with interest. And after almost a while later Jackson came back. He'd changed his clothes and he looked absolutely amazing in his black dress shirt, with a jacket and trousers which fit him perfectly. She thanked the Almighty for those pants, she could not handle his loose pants anymore. His hair was now slicked back minus the snap back. He walked towards them which such confidence chloe almost drooled. Damn, but he looked hot. 
 
She cleared when he gave ger a dazzling smile. He offered her his arm and she took it, linking their arms together. He then thanked the staff and walked towards the elevator. Chloe kept looking at him in awe. 
 
"What?" He asked her, snapping her out of her daze.
 
"You look hot!" She said making him choke on nothing. She laughed at his reaction but they'd reached the rooftop.
 
Jackson talked to someone at the desk and then they were being led to their table, out in the open on top of this high building. The veiw from there was breathtaking. She could see the entire hongkong skyline in all its glory and Victoria harbor. She sat with wide eyes, taking everything in.
 
He smiled, flashing all his teeth.
 
"So? What do you think?"
 
"Wow Jacks I don't know what to think! This looks so great."
 
"I wanted to do something like this for you. Bring you out on a proper official date." 
 
"I have to admit this feels surreal. This whole day has been such a rollercoaster ride. But I'm gald we could find the time to relax, together." 
 
They held hands over the table. Soon orders were placed and wine was brought. Chloe declined her glass and got drunk off the atmosphere of that place. Soft music played in the background, and the food was amazing. She didn't feel stressed and eased away to the soft sound of his voice and the twinkle of his eye. This made him happy, she could see all the tension just vanishing from his incredibly tired set of shoulders. She was glad for it.
 
Dinner went by smoothly with light conversation. Jackson filled her up on his plan of going home tomorrow and taking her with him. Unfortunately, his brother could not make it back from Australia, but she was going to be meeting a lot of his friends from his fencing team. She was excited for whatever he had planned for them. Soon the meal was almost over and Chloe found herself not wanting to leave. Even though it was cold they ordered ice cream and decided to eat it standing. Both got up from their seats and wandered near the railing. Walking hand in hand, Jackson wrapped chloe up in her coat, rubbing her arm for warmth. She smiled at the small gesture. 
 
They came to a stop in a corner and she gazed at the view as he hugged her back. The skyline was pretty and the city bustling beneath them. The harbor twinkled up with lights, looking so pretty she was left dazzled. This felt like a dream, the place he grew up in was so beautiful. 
 
"You know?" He suddenly asked her. She hummed back. "The reason I brought you here is because of my parents. My father proposed to mummy here. He'd told me a long while back, when I find someone I want to keep, I should bring them here. I'm keeping you, forever." 
 
"I have to say, I'm impressed. You're making me feel like I'm the only girl in the world."
 
"You are for me. The only one." He pressed a kiss to her temple and she smiled. She loved this man. "I love you." She wasted no time telling it to him. She was done with running. 
 
She heard his sharp intake of breath and the drum of his heart against her. "I love you too." He turned her around and planted the sweetest kiss on her lips. She hid her face in his chest as he hugged her tight. He felt like the wall she'd so securely built between them was crumbling away. She was opening up to him. Just as they cuddled their ice cream arrived. He spent most of his time feeding her some as she babbled on about this and that. She looked adorable like a kid and he just listened to her talk. Her phone rang then and he knew who it was. 
 
"Babe!" Chloe shrieked into the phone as he chuckled. It was Kaitlyn. "Wait I'll put you on speaker. Jackson say hi!" 
 
"Hey Lyn."
 
"Hey yourself wang. She sounds awfully happy. What did you do to my friend?"
 
"He brought me to this awesome restaurant and he even bought me ice cream."
 
"Finally your man whom you claim to love so much brought you out on a decent date."
 
"He did. Lyn it's so beautiful here I'm serious. We have like the best veiw of the skyline and my room at hotel is awesome and the concert oh my god! Where should I begin?" 
 
"Are you happy chlo?"
 
"Of course I am."
 
"Then that's all I need to know the rest are just small things. I'm glad he's there for you."
 
"I know he's been amazing. I really miss you Lyn. We're bringing you to Hong Kong the next time we're both free." 
 
"Sure thing! Whoops! I have a message coming in I'll call you later. Bye chlo. Bring her back to me in one peice wang!" 
 
"Will do. Now hang up you're disturbing us!" Jackson laughed obnoxiously.
 
Chloe said a proper bye and hung up. The ice cream was almost finished. He enveloped her in his arms again. Kissing the top of her head he wrapped his arms around her protectively. She swore he gave the best hugs, just like she needed them. Being in his arms dulled everything else for her, this was where she wanted to be all the time. She felt his sigh and tipped her chin back to look at him. He just smiled, not saying anything. He'd been like this all night, something bothering him but he'd never let it show once.
 
"Spill." She looked at him in the eyes. He stuttered like an idiot. 
 
"Spill what?"
 
"The thing you've been trying to say all night to me. No, you weren't obvious about it. But I can see right through you Wang Jackson."
 
He pecked her lips, cheeks, jaw. As he started on her neck she pulled him up by his hair. He was trying to distract her, and it was working. She glared at him as he smiled a wang puppy smile. She melted inside but tried to maintain her glare. He just paid the check and pulled her towards the exit. 
 
"I'll tell you when we reach the hotel." He kept walking. His phone rang then. 
 
"Eo Jinyoung-ah. Yes she's with me. Oh yeah I'm actually heading back right now. No jinyoungie I'm not going back to the room. Okay. Wake me up in the morning when you guys leave! Don't forget to say bye to mummy, she told me she missed you. Okay. Yup!" 
 
She could only hear his part of the conversation but she could tell jinyoung was nagging like a mom. She loved how he was like his mom away from home. Someone needed to bring Jackson back on track from time to time and she was happy it was jinyoung who did it.  
 
On the ride back to the hotel, she felt guilty keeping him from going home but he claimed he wanted to be with her. To lighten the mood he sang obnoxiously loud to the Cantonese songs being played on the radio  She smiled even though she understood nothing. 
 
They arrived at the hotel and met the guys at the entrance. Thankfully, none of them were drunk. 
 
"Oh hey you guys. Noona~" bambam approached them. He told them how he'd styled Jackson into the outfit he currently wore on their date. A big grin slitting his face. 
 
"Good job bambam! I knew it was your work as soon as I saw his outfit."
 
"You talk like I never dress good!" Jackson pouted on the side.
 
"Its not that, you big baby. Stop pouting."
 
"Let's go up, its getting late." Jinyoung pushed all of them towards the elevator. The ride was pretty short and Jackson promised to be at chloe's room after his shower. 
 
At her room chloe still felt nervous and decided to take a shower herself. Just as she was settling in bed she heard the door open, in came Jackson after a second. He held his hand out handing her one of his sweaters and she smiled big. Putting in on both of them tucked themselves into bed. Her head rested on his chest, she could hear the steady beat of his heart, calming her down. He held her close, being very silent. He hadn't said a word since he'd come inside her room and she was getting worried.
 
"Are you okay? Are you too tired?"
 
"No, I'm okay. Don't worry about it."
 
"Why won't you tell me? I know something's up. I can practically feel it."
 
"If I ask I know you'll shut me off. And I don't want that."
 
"Ask before you decide. Go ahead." 
 
"I want to know chloe, what holds you back? What happened the night you pushed me away? What did my actions trigger?"
 
He felt her freeze in her spot. Her blood ran cold and suddenly she could remember it all again, just like it happened. 
 
"I knew I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry chlo, I really am--"
 
"No." She cut him off. Her voice cold as ice. "I'll tell you."
 
"You dont have to."
 
"But I want to. I don't want anything to come between us anymore. I'm ready to be a little brave."
 
"Okay. You can stop at any point, and no matter what you'll say, I'm going to be here." 
 

Mature, harsh content ahead! Read at your own risk!

 
"It's about my ex boyfriend. We went to the same school. He was the cute Indian nerd, named Arunoday Rathod whom everybody liked. He was in some of my classes, I had no intention of knowing him well. But then we got paired off together for a project. That way, we started hanging out a lot. Then he asked me out on a date officially after the project ended. I'd started liking him so I said yes. He seemed fairly normal, but I missed all the hints, blinded by being so much in love with him. He used to get jealous really easily and also very mad. He'd often lose temper but I'd forgive him every time. We were together for almost two years before I said enough. During a heated argument he'd raised his hand on me." 
 
Jackson stiffened, his fists were curled into balls, His eyes full of rage. Chloe continued. 
 
"We'd fought because I heard he was dating some other girl behind my back. But when he raised his hand on me, I warned him and broke it off. I thought that I was free of him for the rest of my life. I was so wrong. He tried to win me back for months after that. He'd send me letters, flowers, come to my house, stand outside my classes. One day I could take no more and called him out for his bull in front of the entire cafeteria. That day when he left I saw real rage in his eyes. He disappeared after that. No one knew where he went." 
 
She paused to take a deep breath. Jackson drew soothing circles on the small of her back. 
 
"One night he showed up in my bedroom, through the window  just out of nowhere. I only saw him for a second and tried to scream. He was too quick and put a handkerchief over my mouth. I'm pretty sure it was chloroform. When I opened my eyes I was in a abandoned, dark place with a pounding headache. My hands and legs were bound, my mouth gagged. I looked around to figure out where I was when I saw him sitting there just watching me." 
 
Chloe shivered and Jackson tighened his arms around her. 
 
"The menace I saw in his eyes, it was a look of pure hatred. He'd kidnapped me and bound me and he told me he was going to get his revenge on me. He'd make me learn my lesson for insulting and leaving him. That I was only his. I knew there was no may be wasn't mentally sick for being this way. But he'd been so sweet to me, so loving so caring, I couldn't recognize that person infront of me. He wasn't even a person anymore, he was a monster. After that he beat me continuously, told me I'd deserved it. He kept beating me till I passed out everyday. He would use me as a punching bag until he got bored of doing just that after three days. He told me he wanted to have some fun."  
 
Chloe sobbed not being able to hold it in. She sobbed so hard her whole body shivered and rocked. Jackson held back his tears but a few escaped. He was the maddest he'd ever been in his life. He wasn't sure he would be able to hold it in if he heard what more she had to tell. 
 
"He me. He touched me, he had his way with me. And the worst part was I had no more fight left in me. I just lay there like I was dead . I might as well have been dead. I wished to die that night I could no longer take it. He decided to grant my wish. He told me he was done with me, that he no longer wanted me. I remember it clearly, just as he'd held the gun over me we both heard sirens. He decided to kill me quickly but that's when I put up a fight. I punched and kicked and didn't let him run away. They caught him and I was rescued. After the incident he was sent to jail. I could no longer stay in the states so I moved to korea. I still go to my therapy sessions twice a week, still take my anxiety pills." 
 
She fell silent feeling exhausted. She wanted to sleep, escape all this but she couldn't anymore. It was all out for him to know now. She was sure he was so repulsed he would run faster than she could blink. Jackson said nothing just pulling her closer and closer towards him. 
 
"I'm sorry." He spoke, his voice was raspier than usual. She felt his tears on her back. She moved to look at him and wiped his tears. He looked broken, more broken than she ever felt. 
 
"You don't have to be sorry. Its all done, all in the past now. I've come to terms with it. That night with you I don't know what happened, I reacted out of instict. But the thing that tore me in half was that I couldn't tell you what was bothering me. I'm sorry."
 
"No. No. No goddammit!" He got up from the bed and paced back and forth. He pulled at his hair so hard it was a miracle that it was still attached to his scalp. She looked at him scared, if he lost it at her she had no idea what she would do. 
 
"You don't have to say sorry for one ing thing you understand me? I feel like ripping that er up into peices. I'm so ing sorry baby so sorry! I'd kill him for you I swear to Lord I'd kill him. You didn't deserve that happening to you. Not at all, stop thinking that you're at fault. He was messed in the head baby, messed up badly. I'm so glad that you're okay, i'm so glad he didn't ki--"
 
He came to the bed and hugged her to his chest. She cried so hard, she had difficulty breathing. He rubbed her back calming her down. She stopped sobbing and looked at him in the eyes.
 
"Please don't leave me."
 
"Never baby. No one can take you away from me. I promise you, I'll protect you no matter what. You're safe now, I won't let anything happen to you. I swear." He planned on keeping this promise. 
 
"I love you Jackson. Now you know everything."
 
"I love u too chloe. I know, but that changes nothing between us. You're mine and you'll always be mine. You're still the chloe I saw in that hamburger place, one at my fanmeeting. It won't make me look at you a different way. What I feel for you is even stronger now. Nothing can change that."
 
"Thank you."
 
"No thank you, for trusting me. Now I think you need to sleep."
 
"Tell me you won't go anywhere."
 
"I'm not going anywhere baby. Close your eyes." 
 
She snuggled against Jackson and fell asleep within seconds. But Jackson lay awake with his eyes wide open his mind still processing each word he'd heard from Chloe.

 

A/n:  Hello!!!! Yes I’m still alive and I still remember y’all! Yesterday I suddenly got Jackson and Chloe feels and I decided to put this up for you guys. Things were a bit heavy but now everyone knows her truth. Now that we have that out of the way Jackson and Chloe can be happy now right? Right? We’ll see!! The drama is nowhere near done so please leave me lots of comments on what you think. It’s a first attempt of mine at writing angst so I have no idea how I did! Let me know please! I’ll be back soon! Until then, I’ll see you next time.

                          -melover