Panic

Just one look

When Chloe came to consciousness she was in a room she didn't recognize. Everywhere that her eyes landed was white. Above her, beside her, just everywhere. She didn't even know where she was but already wanted to get out of there. There was also a distinct beeping sound that came from around her and her head still spun. She opened her eyes fully and saw her aunt. Her head was rested on the side of Chloe's bed whilst having a firm hold on Chloe's hand. As soon as she moved, her aunt opened her eyes.

"Oh my gosh you're awake. I'm going to call the doctor."

"Calm down auntie. I'm not dead." She tried to joke.

"This is not the time for fun and games Chloe." Oops! She sounded angry.

"Okay okay call the doctor. I'll be here, lying down helpless."

"That is exactly what I'm going to do."

After she left Chloe the only person she could think about was Jackson. God he was going to kill her, if she tried to keep any of this from him. She had to tell him, but how? Nobody knew about them, as she thought it would be better that way. Just as she was pondering how to make this phone call, her best friend flew through the door. It was because of her that Chloe and Jackson were together now. The one who was too busy to go to the event herself. Yup the one and only Kaitlyn or kuki as she called her affectionately.

"I'm going to kill you!!!" She screamed as she came inside and then kicked the door closed.

"Well hello to you too! Don't mind me! I end up in hospitals everyday!!"

"Ha ha! Not funny Chloe! I have been calling and calling and calling! And you didn't have time to call me back, not even once. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now."

"Sit down, let's talk."

"Fine. C'mon start talking."

"What if I told you I was busy?"

"I'd still kick your for not calling me back."

"Will you stop talking for one minute and listen to me? What if I told you I was busy with a certain someone?"

"OH MY GOSH! SHUT UP! YOU'RE SEEING SOMEBODY?!"

"Calm down! Yes, I am actually."

"Then where is he? He should be here right now by your side. I'm telling you he isn't doing a good job already and imma kick his too if he--"

"You're not going to stop talking, are you?" Chloe face palmed.

"Whoops! Sorry. Please continue."

She rolled her eyes but continued. "To answer your question he isn't here because he's probably busy with schedules. I haven't even called him today. Do you know where my phone is?"

"Wait schedules? What? I don't know where your phone is dude I just got here."

"Go and call aunt. I'm not ready for the doctor talk yet. Just go."

"Okay stay here. I'll be back."

 

Just like that, the storm named Kaitlyn was gone. Did Chloe want Jackson to be here? She didn't know. He didn't know anything about this happening to her. This wasn't the first time she had fainted like this. She had a case of anxiety which went way back to when she was in the states. But this was the first time she had an anxiety attack since coming to Korea. There was a long history before it. She was yet to tell Jackson about all that. But she really would like him to be here right now.

 

"I told your aunt to go hang out in the cafeteria. She looked like she needed food. I told her I'd get the doctor instead. That's exactly what I’m going to do after your guy gets here. So tell me all about him."

"You kind of know him actually. His name is Jackson Wang. Umm...”

"And?"

"Yeah he's the Jackson from Got7."

"WHAT? I send you to one fan meet, ONE! And this happens. I went to several of their events and nothing like this happened to me! This world is so unfair!!"

"Oh drama queen. Calm down! Apparently we both knew each other from before when I used to spend my summers here in Korea. I met him once that time. Then I saw him at the event and the rest all just happened. He doesn't know anything, about all this."

"Why haven't you told him?"

"It hasn't been really long exactly and the topic just never came up. I don't even know if we're official yet. I just want him here."

"I found your phone. I'm calling him. I'm going to put my fan girl feelings aside and be your friend now."

"No I'll talk to him!" But Kaitlyn had already dialed the number and the phone was currently ringing. He picked it up after a few rings.

"Hey babe! See you didn't call today. You forgot AGAIN! I'm never letting you live this one down sweetheart."  Then he laughed. Kaitlyn was having a hard time trying to control herself.

"Umm. This isn't Chloe. This is her friend Kaitlyn, she's at the hospital. You should come."

"The hospital? What happened?" His tone immediately changed from light to serious. She had never heard his voice that way.

"She fainted while she was working, the rest you can ask her. Are you free? She told me you're a busy man."

"Text me the address. I'm on my way." he clipped and then hung up.

"Jackson Wang is a angry, young man after all! I knew there laid an alpha male beneath all that fun and swagger."

"He sounded angry. I'm afraid." Chloe hid herself.

"You're afraid of your guy?"

"I'm not afraid of him. I'm afraid he'll do something stupid if he's not thinking right, like miss a schedule or something. All of that because of me."

"He should be with you though, and I know you won't ever admit it. But you need him right now."

Chloe didn't reply. She just laid her head on the pillow and prayed, for everything to be okay.

 

As soon as Jackson heard the words 'she's at a hospital' that was enough to drive him crazy. He wanted to get there as soon as was possible. He should've been there with her, giving her strength, but he wasn't. He was worried out of his mind. What had happened? Why had she fainted? He always told her not to overwork herself. She sounded just fine when they last talked. Then suddenly what had gone wrong? Several questions floated in his mind, but he put them on hold. He would have plenty of time to ask them once he was with her.

 

"Hyung I need to get to this hospital right now." Jackson said to their manager hyung. He was trying to maintain his calm but failed miserably.

"What's the matter? Hospital?"

"Chloe's there. She fainted at work. I need to be there hyung. We're on a break anyway; you can take the others back to the company and just drop me there. Please hyung." His voice broke.

"Get me that address." The manager said.

"Thank you." He thanked him and the manager just drove away, the tension in the car was thick. To say Jackson was stressed would be an understatement. Seeing all this Jb decided to speak up and ask what was happening.

"Hyung?" He asked the manager.

"Chloe is in the hospital. We're headed that way to drop him off. I'll take the rest of you to the company."

"We're going with you Jackson. No arguments. Would that be okay with you mark to come with us?"

"Yes kaka. We're going with you." Mark said.

"Jinyoungie you take care of the maknaes and take them back to the company. We'll call." Jb said.

"Okay, but call as soon as you reach there. We'll be worried. Take care of Jackson, you know how he gets." Jinyoung said, only for Jb to hear.

"Don't worry. You just take care of the maknaes. You know how they get."

"I'll call, you do the same."

"Okay."

 

The van fell silent; no one said a single thing. Mark and Jb were engaged in hushed conversation. Jackson stuffed his earphones in his ears but he didn't listen to one word that he was hearing. His thoughts were centered on one person whom he desperately wanted to be with right now. Several thoughts swirled out in his head, how had she fainted? Who had brought her to the hospital? He just prayed that there was someone around when this happened. He felt a hand on his shoulder; he turned to see the look on everyone's face. His inner rage went instantly quiet. He attempted to smile for s, his family away from home. They all gave him looks that said that they would all be there for him no matter what happened. They reached the hospital finally and the manager decided to see them off up to Chloe's room so that the boys don't cause any trouble. Jb and mark held Jackson back when the receptionist wasn't ready to give off any information. He was about to snap at the woman to tell them, or he would make her. Just then a girl came up to them. Short, had dark hair with pink highlights, pretty. She had a look on her face that said she wasn't in the mood to take anyone's nonsense. She came to a stop in front of them.

 

"Jackson?" She asked.

"That would be me. These are my friends. They'll be coming along."

"Fine then. Come with me."

 

They all walked to the elevator and then down a very long hallway. The girl came to a stop in front of one of the rooms; she held the door knob in her hands just as Jackson came to a stop. He didn't know why but he was gathering strength up. He nodded after a second and they walked through the door. He saw Chloe lying on the bed that looked clearly uncomfortable. Her face looked extremely pale, she had an IV hooked to her hand, and she had one of those hospital white gowns on, all her hair messed up. She was still beautiful, but his heart broke at the sight of how weak she looked. He wanted to run, wrap his arms around her and protect her from the rest of the world forever, but all he could do at this moment was look at her without breaking down. She smiled a small smile at him and raised her hand towards him. He immediately went and took her hand not noticing anybody else in the room.

 

"Babe." His voice shook.

"I'm fine." She croaked out.

He looked up to the sound of an older woman clearing .

"Aunt this is Jackson Wang. He is my--"

"Boyfriend." Jackson completed her sentence for her. "I'm sorry we had to meet this way." he continued in a polite way.

"It's perfectly fine. I can see that you care for her." She said.

 

Jackson smiled politely at her. Just as Jackson wanted to ask what had exactly happened, the doctor walked through the door. Jackson visibly stiffened as mark and Jb moved to stand on either side of him.

 

"Hello Dr. Choi." Chloe's aunt greets him.

"Hello, hello miss Chloe."

"Hello." She replied in almost a whisper. Jackson tightened his hold on her hand.

"How are you feeling today?" Dr. Choi asked.

"Fine." Her reply was curt.

"No dizziness?" He asked as he was checking her pulse and her chart.

"None." Jackson could clearly tell she didn't want to be here. Who would want to be in a hospital? But something was weird, he could sense it.

"Well Chloe ssi the attack you suffered this time was much more intense than the previous ones you've had."

"Attack?!" Jackson spoke up.

"Yes. An anxiety attack, and this time your blood pressure went very low. Your body was not able to handle this. Hence it hit you so hard and you were unconscious for so long. It was some another level. We told you to keep the stress level in check since we've dropped all medicine. Well now I’m putting you back on it."

"Noooooo." Chloe whined and hid herself. Jackson was completely silent.

"Don't behave like a kid!" Her aunt scolded. "Please do the needful." She said to the doctor.

"That I will. There isn't anything to worry about if you take your medicine. Do you want to do the sessions again?"

"NO!"

"Okay, that's fine, for now. I've talked to your doctor back in the states about everything. You don't need to worry about a thing."

"Thank you. You've helped us a great deal." She told Dr. Choi sincerely.

"No problem. You'll be free to go after you take care of all the paperwork."

"Oh! I'll see to that." Her aunt said and she walked out the door with the doctor.

 

The room was a silent. It felt like a loud deafening silence, Chloe was the one who was the most uncomfortable with the situation. She knew she had a lot of talking to do but she was glad that he was here with her, holding her hand.

 

"You okay?" She asked as she squeezed his hand and looked at his comatose state. He looked like his soul had left his body.

"I should be asking you that." His voice sounded even huskier than normal

"I'm fine. It's just nothing." She waved off with her hand.

"It's not nothing Chloe." He said in between clenched teeth.

Chloe sunk in deeper into her bed and withdrew her hand from his, which he had started to squeeze in a stranglehold.

"You're scaring me." She said in a small voice.

"Jacks." Mark put a hand on his shoulder as if telling him something through a secret language which Jb understood too.

"I'm sorry baby." He said and spread his arms as if telling her to come to him. She went immediately, he held her tight.

"Why didn't you call me earlier? I would've come and you know it."

"I called as soon as I was conscious. I needed you here, even though I have a lot to tell you."

"That you do baby, but it can wait. Your health is the most important thing right now. We need to get you all nice and strong again."

She hit his chest lightly and he laughed his y laugh. Chloe felt the rumble in his chest generated by the laugh, on her cheek.

"SERIOUSLY? Oh my god I’m so done with this!! Are you really serious right now?!" Kaitlyn screeched.

Everyone looked at her with her with questioning looks. Chloe gave her a look that said have you finally gone crazy?

"What girl don't look at me like I'm crazy! ’Cuz I'm not! Not only that he looks hot, to top it all off even his laugh is hot. And look at these two. They look like they're freaking carved like sculptures in reality! I’m so done with this!!!! I CANNOT!"

The room was filled with the sound of laughter. Everyone laughed at her and she pouted while standing in a corner.

"We don't look like sculptures." Mark said as he smiled at her, with teeth and all.

"But thanks anyway." Jb joined in.

"Oh my God! Stop looking at me like that! Do you want to see me faint too?"

Mark laughed his high pitched laugh and Jb's eye smile came out.

"Don't you just sit there. You should be thanking me!" Kaitlyn said to Jackson.

"Uh and why would I do that?"

"Because she met you because of me."

"Umm, pretty sure she didn't."

"Okay let me rephrase, she met you AGAIN because of me."

"What?" He looked at her confused.

"Uh huh! She went to your event because I couldn't go. I was supposed to go originally, but I ended up getting busy and she went in my place because I practically begged her to and the tickets were too pricey to just waste like that."

"Uh Then thank you I guess?" He made such a cute face that she had to crack a smile.

"You’re very welcome. Take care of my girl man. If you don’t I’ll be the first one to come kick your ."

"Hey, no threatening our boy here!" Jb said.

"Not threatening! Just looking out for my girl here."

"Then does that mean you're our fan?" Mark said.

"Today's the day you're going to choose to voice your every thought?" She gave him a 'seriously' look.

Mark just laughed and said. "Yup that does mean you're our fan."

'"Whatever." She muttered.

"Guys you're killing my girl. I'm surprised she didn't fall to the floor when you walked in. She's like the biggest fan." Chloe threw in her valuable input.

"You say one more word and I'm spilling all your secrets to pretty boy here." She said while pointing to Jackson.

Chloe zipped up with an imaginary zip; Jackson pinched her cheek saying something about how adorable she was.

"Eww!" Kaitlyn said as she scrunched up her nose.

"You're all set to go home." Chloe's aunt came through the door and announced.

"Thank you so much. You've done so much for me."

"Oh stop! You're not supposed to thank family you know that right?"

"I know but, for all that you've done, when I moved here you got me a place, you sold the cafe to me, and you’ve helped me restart my life. I never thanked you for any of that, so I just wanted to say it. I love you."

"Oh sweet girl. I'm going to ruin my mascara."

"You'll still look pretty no matter what!"

"Ok enough. I'm staying with you by the way. You shouldn't be staying alone. What if something happens?"

"Umm. If you don't mind, I'd like to stay with her. Only if it's okay with you." Jackson spoke up. There was going to be no way he was leaving her alone.

"What happens when you leave for work? I'm assuming you work somewhere." Aunt said.

"I'll come over we he leaves." Kaitlyn said.

"Will that be okay with you?" Aunt asked Chloe.

"Yes. I'll call if I need anything at all. Don't worry so much. I'll be just fineee."

"Okay then. Get changed I’ll get a cab."

"That won't be necessary. We'll call our manager and he'll come get us. We can drop both of them at her apartment."Jb said.

"Okay. Why don't you all wait outside? She has to get changed and get all her things. Please wait outside." Aunt said politely.

"See you in a bit. I'll be right outside." Jackson said to Chloe. He bent down and placed a lingering kiss on her forehead then went outside reluctantly.

As soon as they left the room aunt let out a breath she was holding.

"Tell me one reason. Why should I leave you alone with that boy? I've never seen him. When did all this happen?"

"It really hasn't been long, but he takes care of me like no one else. He's wonderful auntie. He's the kind of human being you can trust blindly. See for yourself, he ran to me as soon as he knew I was here. The poor guy doesn't even know anything about all this happening to me before today. I owe him an explanation yet he is here and he's being so patient with me. I feel so horrible." She stopped talking because she could speak no more. She felt like someone was choking her. The words just wouldn't come out.

"I see that this is serious." Aunt said.

"More than I can explain in words."

"Okay stay with him and explain it to him. He goes wrong one time, it’s game over for him. I'll see to that."

"He won't go wrong. I know that."

"Well then be happy. That's all I want. On a side note, he and his friends are so good looking. It’s as if they just walked out of a magazine." Aunt said cheerfully.

Chloe just laughed and then got up to change, trying to figure out what to say and how to say it.

 

Jackson walked out of Chloe's hospital room and collapsed in a nearby chair. He put his head in hands. The conversation with the doctor repeated in his head. A frown formed on his face thinking about it. Chloe had a lot of talking to do. He had no idea about her past, and he thought why it hadn’t occurred to him to ask her about it. Sure he had a past too, but it was nowhere near as complicated as hers. He had no idea how to feel. Should he feel angry or sad or just plain irritated? He couldn't come to a conclusion. He needed to hear her side of this. It was unlike him to ruin his present time with her because of her past. He decided he would give her time, as much as she needed. He'll make her feel loved, cherished, protected. That way when she trusts him completely she'll open up to him. For now all he had to do was keep her happy so that this does not happen again.

 

He saw her walk out the door to her still looking very weak. A nurse appeared out of nowhere with a wheel chair and told her to sit on it. Chloe eyed the wheelchair like it was the dirtiest thing on the planet. She didn't move any step towards the chair, like she had no intention of sitting on it. He spoke up looking at her.

 

"C'mon baby let's go." He took her hand and attempted to pull her towards the chair. She didn't move a step towards it.

"I can walk just fine." She said between clenched teeth.

"Sorry ma'am hospital protocol." The nurse said.

"You won't even if I push you?" Jackson decided to pull out aegyo and pouted at her with round eyes.

"Fine." She puffed out her cheeks and sat on the chair. She sported a pout of her own. Jackson pecked her lips lightly and then kissed her forehead.

"Smile baby, we're going home."

"I'll smile just fine when I'm off this thing."

"No way." Kaitlyn breathed out.

"What?" Jb asked her.

"Nothing." She said as her cheeks turned a shade of red.

"You're cute." Jb muttered.

She blushed even deeper but pretended like she didn't hear him.

 

In just that moment the car arrived and Chloe said goodbye to Kaitlyn and her aunt. Jackson gave Kaitlyn a one armed hug, which she fangirled quietly at, and her aunt a bow as he walked to the car. Jb and mark bowed to Chloe’s aunt and mark waved at Kaitlyn, while Jb winked at her. Chloe was pretty sure she watched her friend swoon.

 

Jackson helped her get settled and pulled the seatbelt across her body, securing her. She looked at his forehead which was wrinkled with worry. She smoothed it out with a kiss. She smiled at him encouragingly. He tried to smile back but it looked like a grimace. She leaned her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, as if exhausted by the whole thing. He her hair which made a sigh escape her lips. Mark and Jb got in as well and the car drove away.

 

"Are you okay?" The manager asked her.

"I'm fine oppa. Thank you for letting Jackson come to see me. I'm sure he's very busy."

"I've cleared your schedule for the day Jackson. Told them you were tired."

"Thanks hyung. I'm tired. Take us to Chloe's place please."

"I Am." manager replied.

"Who's watching the cafe?" Jackson asked her.

"My people will be fine for today. I'm going back tomorrow."

"No you are not." He said his tone firm. "You need rest."

"I have had a whole day of rest and I'll be resting today too. I'm fine going to work tomorrow."

"No baby. You're not going anywhere. You will take rest and I’ll make sure of it."

"But baby." She poked his chest. "You're not the boss of me." She glowered at him.

He took her face in his hands and kissed her till both of them were out of breath. When their lips parted she was in such a fog that she even forgot the reason for their argument in the first place.

"You're hot when you're Mad." he said as his eyes heated. Chloe had never seen him this way.

She pinched his fore arm. "Stop!" She said as mark and Jb chuckled.

"Tell that you'll listen to me and give me some peace of mind." He said in a pained voice, Chloe's heart broke.

"Okay." She agreed.

"Thank you." He said and kissed her again.

Both of them separate when they heard Jb and mark snickering from the front seat. Chloe hid her face in his chest and pinched his fore arm again. Hard.

"Ow!" He exclaimed and rubbed the sore spot.

"Stop kissing me this way in front of others."

"Nope. Not going to happen. I'll kiss you whenever I want."

She just rolled her eyes at him as he kissed her cheek as if proving his point.

Chloe unlocked the door to her apartment and both of them walked in. Jackson collapsed on her couch face first as Chloe laughed at him. Just as Chloe was busy arranging everything in place Jackson's phone rang. It was jinyoung asking for some news.

"Yes mom." He said in a sing song voice.

"Are you okay? You sound just fine. Is Chloe alright?"

"Yes, everything's fine. We both just got to her home. Mark and Jb hyung are on their way."

"That's a relief. I'll ask them for details. I think both of you should rest, you're very tired too. I'll see you at home?"

"Not today. I'm not leaving her."

"I understand. Take care both of you. If you need anything, anything at all just call okay?"

"Yes jinyoungie. Thank you."

"Yah! I'll hit you if you say thanks. This is what brothers do for each other.

"Don't hit me!" Then he laughed his hyena laugh and continued. “Take care of the maknaes and tell them it's all fine. I'll be back soon."

"Okay I’ll see you then. Bye Jacksonie."

"Bye jinyoungie." And he hung up.

"Was that your mom?" Chloe asked.

"No, jinyoung."

"You call him mom for real?"

"Sometimes, yeah. When he worries too much and really behaves like a mom. We all like teasing him. They were all worried, he was just checking up on us. I told him all was fine."

"Aww that's sweet, that they were all worried."

"Uh huh." He said as he held his arms wide as of telling her to come to him.

"I'll be right back."

 

Jackson pouted as she walked away. His face lit up when she walked back in one of his Jackson 852 hoodies. He sat up he looked at her mesmerized. The hoodie almost swallowed her small form whole, it was too big and too long for her like all his clothes were. She looked adorable. She came and sat on his lap straddling him. She pressed her lips to his in a whisper soft kiss. A growl left his mouth when she nipped at his bottom lip. Jackson flipped them over, so that Chloe was lying on her back on the couch now. His lips found hers again.

 

He and tugged at her bottom lip and she opened up for him. His tongue explored every corner of . When he her tongue into his mouth, a moan left her lips. She felt as though her body was on fire wherever his hands touched her. Her hands found their way into his hair as she threw the snapback he had on across the room, it landed on the floor with a faint thud. Her fingers wove through his smooth hair a growl came from him as she tugged at it. Jackson's hand ped the hoodie and his hand lifted her tank top a teeny tiny bit as his hand connected with the bare skin on the small of her back. He touched her as if needing to feel her skin. She gasped when she felt his somewhat rough hand on her bare, sensitive skin when suddenly she began to laugh. Jackson looked down at her with puzzled eyes.

 

"It tickles!" She said whilst giggling. "Your hand."

"Oh really? What about now huh?" He said as he mercilessly tickled her sides. She was a laughing and panting mess as she begged him to stop. Both of them were breathing hard when he stopped. He looked her sweetly as he brushed a strand of hair off her face.

"I'll give you time." He said quietly.

"Wh--What?" She asked him.

"To tell me everything about you. I know you're not ready. I'll wait for you."

"I'm sorry." She said. Her chin wobbled as she fought the tears threatening to spill.

"Hey." He said and kissed both of her eyelids and gathered her in his arms, close to him.

"Thank you. I'll tell you everything soon. As soon as I’m ready."

"Take all the time you need. I'm not going anywhere." He kissed her forehead and hummed her lullaby as she fell asleep.

              

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chloe was the last person to leave her cafe yet again. She was finally able to break this terrible habit of hers but today the workload had been much more than usual and she lost the track of time. After her hospital stint Jackson had become super protective of her. He answered every call of hers; it didn't matter if he was busy. He came to visit her almost every day. The appearances from random creepy people inside the cafe had been lessened because Kaitlyn decided to take the matter in her hands and she scared the creepy people away threatening to call the police if they ever showed up again. There were no random flowers or letters from anyone she didn't know. She felt normal again, and safe.

 

She was just about to lock up when she saw a silhouette of a man a few feet away from the cafe. She couldn't see his face as the light on the street didn't reach him. He stood in a dark corner, his eyes fixed on the door of the cafe. She had no idea who he was but she had a bad feeling about this. She ran back inside and locked the door. She took out her phone and called Jackson. It rang and rang. He didn't pick it up. She muttered a curse under her breath and tried to call Kaitlyn. It went straight to voicemail. She then tried to call Jackson's manager, praying he picks it up. The call connected and he picked it up after a few rings.

 

"Yes." He answered.

"Oppa! It's Chloe. I'm at the cafe, and I'm really scared. Can you come and get me?" she tried not to panic.

"Lock the door. I'm on my way. 5 minutes."

"Okay. Hurry." She breathed a sigh of relief.

 

She went and saw through the glass door that the man was still there, eyeing the cafe. She moved away from the door and turned her back to it. When she did this she could not see the mysterious man walking towards the cafe. He banged his fist on the door loudly, but the door didn't move as it was locked. The banging grew louder, the person outside now desperate to get the door open. He was causing loud noises which made Chloe's head spin from fear. She covered her ears with her hands and closed her eyes shut as she slid to the floor, fighting to keep her consciousness and praying that manager oppa comes soon.

 

A/n:Hello everyone! I’m back!! haha. Things are getting intense. I hope y'all are liking all the twists and turns. I'm a putting a lot of effort in writing this for you guys. Don't worry I’ll give you Chloe’s story soon. Patience people! haha. I hope everyone likes it and leaves comments. Thank you all so much!! i love you guys so much. Ne readers jjang! I’ll see you..Until next time.

      

                           -melover