Who are you?

Just one look

Jackson walked into JYP's office after he had called for him. Every nerve in his body felt alive as he shook from head to toe. He had never been this nervous in his life ever. Not during the Asian games for fencing, not when he told his parents he was going to Korea, not on their debut stage. He had a feeling this was going to be about the person who was the most precious to him. He was worried, but he didn't let it show on his face and walked his swagger walk to his boss' desk.

"Hyung annyeonghaseyo!" He greeted loudly and obnoxiously like he always did.

"Hello Jackson, take a seat." He said in English. Uh oh! "I'm sorry for taking you away from practice. You just got in right?" 

"Yes, I was just getting started. What's the matter hyung?" he furrowed his brows, he was ready to get this over with.

"Well to set it straight, it has been your appearances in a certain area, repeatedly, that had me calling for you to talk. You want to tell me about that? A cafe named 'Blossoms' and an apartment building that too in the same area. I am not going to jump to conclusions, so please explain."

"Uh...Umm..Where should I start from?"

"From the beginning, of course."

"Ok hyung, you know that I'm an honest person and there's no way I'm going to lie to you, so here it is. For the first time when I visited that café was in the trainee days, I went there often and one day when I was there, I met a girl, we became friends right away. But soon after that she went back home and I didn't hear from her until very recently. She came to one our events and I recognized her as the girl from all those years ago. It started out as friendship, but there was this thing about her that pulled me to her and I tried to resist, I did, but I couldn't hyung. All those times I was seen in the area I was visiting her but I've been taking precautions. Manager hyung and the members know everything, there is no way I will let anything harm you or this company because of me. I'm always thankful for the chance you gave that clueless teenager from Hong Kong."

JYP kept quiet through his speech and just noticed each change of expression on Jackson's face. The way he spoke about the girl with so much care, and even the mention of her turned his face soft. JYP knew what the real matter was now.

"But the promise you made to the company Jackson, about three years. Did you forget that?"

Jackson immediately looked guilty. "I'm sorry hyung, I wasn't planning on any of this happening, you know how focused I am about work and I would never get distracted. You know how it is." He pleaded. If JYP said the words he was fearing he was going to say, Jackson would loose the purpose of his life, he would loose everything. 

JYP looked deep in his eyes for any form of insincerity, but he only found truth and dedication in them. 

"Please don't take it away from me, I would lose everything, please. Understand pd-nim" Jackson pleaded.

"Hearing those words coming from you, I guess you are serious after all." 

"Yes, I li--" 

"Stop! I never heard those words from you. All I know is that you two are close friends, and I would like it if you kept it that way for three years, oh well only two years now."

Jackson looked at him confused. What was his point in pretending not to know about his and Chloe's relationship? 

"Well since I never heard the words 'yes I am in a relationship' from you, I can still stay the you aren't in one. Because that's all the CEO of JYPE knows."

"Are you sure hyung? You aren't just saying it's fine to my face and then planning to ruin her life in your mind like all those chaboel mothers in the dramas do right?" 

JYP laughed out loud. This kid is too much he thought.

"No Jackson I'm not planning on doing anything like those chaebol mothers do. As your hyung, I wish you all the luck and I wish to meet your 'close friend' soon. I'm letting you off the hook just this one time Jackson, otherwise rules are important. But even I know that in the heart knows no rules and the matters of the heart aren't supposed to be dealt with the brain but the heart itself. Go live your life boy" 

Jackson had tears in his eyes as he ran out of his seat to embrace his hyung, he had no words to say about how much he cherished his boss. He wasn't going to ask them to separate even though he knew, but he was going to pretend not to know for his sake. OH MY GOD! Jackson was screaming in his head. Jackson wrapped his arms tightly around his boss, not very professional but he was an emotional guy. JYP just chuckled and rubbed his back. He pulled back still tears in his eyes.

"Thank you!" He croaked out.

"You're welcome." JYP winked at him while smiling.

"Go now and do your job. Go." he pushed him to towards the door.

Jackson just attempted to smile and walked out of the office with a lot of emotions running in his body. He truly had been very blessed in all stages of his life, first his awesome parents, then s, now his cool boss and the most precious, his Chloe. He walked back to the practice room. One look at his face and all members stopped dancing and crowded around him. Jackson immediately went to mark's open arms and continued to sob without a word, mark tried soothing him but he was as scared as s. Jb spoke up seeing that Jackson was in no mood to talk any time soon. 

"Jackson ah, what happened? what did pd nim say? Why are you crying? Say something please." He himself looked like he was on the verge of loosing it and breaking in tears.

"Okay everybody lets calm down. Mark you help Jackson sit. Somebody get him some water." Momma jinyoung came forward in full force. Bambam and yugyoem who had started tearing up too were being comforted by a blank faced youngjae, like his soul had left his body. Mark sat with Jackson trying to calm him down and tried to get him to drink some water. After few comforting words from everyone Jackson finally regained control of himself. He wiped his eyes with a tissue which were bloodshot from crying and looked at them.

"Kaka, you okay now? Please tell us what happened in pd-nim's office." mark said.

Jackson then launched into the tale of what happened with JYP. The members listened to him in silence. When he was done all of them looked at him with wide eyes.

"So he didn't fire you?" Jb was shocked.

"No, he didn't. That's what I thought was going to happen too. But he is nicer than we think he is. The respect I have for him just increased ten times more."

"Jinyoung hyung is an angel." Bambam cried and leaped towards Jackson giving him a tight hug.

"Then why were you here bawling your eyes out, if he didn't fire you, when we were all worried?" Yugyeom was angry, no one had any idea at what.

"Yugyoem ah~" Jb and jinyoung spoke at the same time while youngjae restrained him from moving towards Jackson.

"Because I was overwhelmed. I thought how I got so damned lucky all my life, to have such great people around me. Do I really deserve this?"  He was on the verge of tears again.

"Oh my god you're such an idiot." Jinyoung scoffed, yugyoem's face went soft at Jackson's words.

"You cannot be serious." Mark looked like he was going to knock some sense in his head, with his fist.

"Why?" Jackson blinked at them in confusion like a cute puppy.

"We're as lucky to have you in our lives as you are. Even I wonder how lucky I got every single day. I was a kid who knew nothing, but because of you guys and your support, look where we are hyung! Don't think you're not worth, because let me tell you. You are." Youngjae said who had been silent all along.

When he had first come to JYPE, youngaje was just a kid from mokpo who loved to sing  He was innocent and naive not knowing how cruel this world could be. Then he was put into a group with six other guys who had their own stories of getting where they were. That team he was put in contained a quiet guy who kept to himself, an obnoxious, loud guy who could even make a rock laugh out loud, one cute and one innocent dongsaeng, a man who oozed charisma and an omma who loved him to pieces. He had hyungs who encouraged him and dongsaengs who loved him. He too wondered every single day how had he managed to reach here, but he had learned the hard way never to doubt himself again.

Jackson was shocked listening to youngjae's words, the said guy was very awkward and normally shy around him. Youngjae's words tugged at the corners of his heart as he gathered the younger guy in a warm hug. Everyone joined in the hug making it a group hug. All of them felt like their group had dodged a bullet. All of them stayed like that for a minute more. Jb called off the practice for the night. They all felt like they didn't have any strength left for practice. On their way back to the dorm Jackson laid his head on mark's shoulder, somehow still needing the support. There were two people he was going to call. His mom and his Chloe. 

He excused himself to his shared room with mark and dialed the number.

"Hey Honey" Sang his favourite voice in the world.

"Hey." His voice wasn't excited and happy like usual so Chloe immediately caught on that something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" She cooed into the phone.

"I was called to pd nim's office today." 

"Why?" She deadpanned.

"He found out chlo. About us."

"Oh my god! No no no no please." Her voice broke.

"Hey baby calm down don't freak out--" 

"No, now I know what you're going to say. He found out and he told you to end it with me. If you didn't, he is going to ruin you. Now this where you say that you've worked too hard to achieve the position where you are now, and can't stay with me. But I'm not ready to listen to any of that Jackson Wang. So I'm hanging up. Later~"

"Chlo--" But the line had went dead already.

He brought it away from his ear and looked at it in shock. What the heck had just happened? This night was getting more and more dramatic. He looked at the phone again and laughed humorlessly. He tried calling her again but it went straight to her voice-mail.

"Hi this is Chloe, leave a message."

"Baby I have something important to say, don't you ever hang up on me without listening to me again. Jinyoung hyung knows yes, but he didn't tell me to leave you, no baby. He told me to go be happy and live my life. Happy with you babe. Didn't I tell you that you were it for me? How can I lea--" His voice betrayed him. "I'm not going anywhere.  Call me."

He cut the line not, even 5 seconds had passed and his phone rang.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry honey. I didn't mean to. I thought you were going to say the words to me and I could not bear to hear it and I--" There was a long pause where no one said anything. "I'm glad you're not going anywhere." Jackson smiled at her words.

"Don't do that again." His voice was thick with authority.

"I won't, promise." She giggled and the sound felt like music to his ears.

"Okay I'm going to go call my mom and then sleep okay? You call me tomorrow when you leave for work alright?" 

"Aye aye captain." she chuckled. 

"Good girl. Sleep well. I'll talk to you soon."

"Uh huh. Later honey mwah! <3"

Jackson let out a sigh of relief. Everything was fine now. His mom only further reassured him that everything would be fine and that her and his dad would be with him no matter what. She was proud of him. Jackson finally put down his phone and listened to mark's calm breathing. He closed his eyes, hoping for a normal day tomorrow.

Chloe woke up the one morning feeling tired as hell. She had been busy with work until late the previous night and could not get her proper sleep. A few weeks had passed since the whole Jackson and JYP thing. She was glad they were able to pass that first hurdle that came in their relationship. She was also thankful to his boss. That man was angel according to her. She hoped she could meet him one day and thank him personally. But this incident only proved to her that eyes followed idols everywhere. But it was going to take a lot to scare her away from Jackson now. He had been successful in becoming her everything. She called him every single day and he came to meet her very often even though he would be dead tired. One day Chloe exploded on him and told him that it was better he stayed at his dorm when he wasn't even able to walk properly from being too tired.

"I'm not letting you sacrifice your health for me! Have you forgotten what you yourself said? 'Be careful with your body as health is more important than anything else.' She quoted him whilst yelling.

He just smiled sweetly looking at her as he collapsed on her bed, he patted the space next to him. She just stood there glaring at him until he pulled her towards him in an embrace.

"You, baby. You're worth it. All of my tiredness, stress flies out the window as soon as I see this pretty smile yours. I would do anything for that smile." 

"Oh shut up! Wang cheesy idiot." She scoffed. What else was she supposed to do when he caught her off guard like this? One minute she was yelling and the next he was unleashing the power of his eyes on her fogging her mind. She couldn't even manage to keep a train of thought and forgot the reason for her yelling.

"Did you just call me an idiot baby?" He asked her, his voice teasing.

"So what?" she tried to stand her ground but Jackson climbed on top of her and started tickling her sides mercilessly. 

She giggled, laughed, snorted, and made a complete fool out of herself while begging him to stop his torture. When he finally stopped, she was desperately trying to catch her breath. Jackson looked down at her with such affection she melted under his gaze. He then captured her lips in a kiss that made her forget her name.

Chloe snapped out of her daydream as her phone started ringing. She answered without looking, knowing full well who it was.

"Babe." she said, a smile in her voice.

"Good morning." He drawled in his y husky voice. She could imagine him right now, hair messed up, still in bed not wanting to wake up.

"Get up sleepy head, it's a brand new day." 

"What makes you think I'm not up?" He challenged, she heard the ruffling sound if covers being tossed. Idiot, she thought.

"Because I just heard you toss your covers aside." she laughed, he was too cute.

"Okay okay, but I'm up now. Did you sleep well?" 

"Not at all." she rubbed her head where a migraine was beginning to form.

"Ohh! so you couldn't sleep because you were too busy thinking about me. How sweet of you baby."

"Oh don't flatter yourself. I was working." She could practically see his pout through the phone.

"But be careful okay? Eat a nice big breakfast and call me when you get to the cafe. Okay?  Don't forget like you did that time." She forgot to call him once, ONCE! He wouldn't shut up about it since then. 

"Okay, yes I won't."

"Jackson hyung get up we're going to be late! Oh say hi to noona for me~" She heard bammie's voice. "Get out." Jackson yelled and she chuckled.

"Okay then I'll miss you lots. Call me later babe."

"Yup, later~" She hung up and smiled.

Chloe still felt that unsafe feeling while walking to her cafe everyday. She had noticed some people coming inside each day, just sitting there staring at her. One of her workers decided to do something about it but Chloe had said no.There was no need to cause unnecessary drama. After all it was only her who felt creepy. She shrugged her thoughts away and walked into the cafe Blossoms bright and early. She was the first one there as usual. She was just setting some things up in the back room when she heard the bell at the door go off. Signaling someone's arrival. 

She hastily walked out and saw that two tall looking men had walked in. One of them had spiky brown hair with somewhat dark skin and the other one looked handsome even though the sunglasses he wore covered half his face. Both wore sunglasses. They went and sat at the near by table as Chloe neared them to get their orders.

"Good morning gentleman, What can I get you?"

"Yes hello, I would like a Turkish coffee. Khunnie you?"

"I would just like an Americano please. Cold with syrup." 

"Okay, please wait for a while. They will be ready soon."

"Yes thank you." Both of them smiled, she could feel their eyes on her back even as she walked away.

Strange. Something was very strange. She felt like she had seen these people before. Why she felt that? She had no idea. The man who had ordered Turkish coffee had some taste and sense. It was the finest coffee brewed, not many people liked it. But he had taste. And the other one was so handsome like he had stepped out of a magazine. After the orders were ready she walked with them back to their table. They seemed to be deep in some discussion, looking stressed. She hated that someone was feeling stressed from the morning itself. She would give them her cupcakes, she still had some left.

She placed their coffees on the table as they thanked her. She then went to the backroom and put two cup cakes on plates and brought them out.

"These are on the house." She said a she placed them on the table. "Umm, it's none of my business really, but y'all looked stressed and I thought these might brighten your day. I call them 'pick me ups'. Please enjoy."

"Thank you so much. How nice of you. I would like to congratulate your boss for hiring such a kind employee." the dark skinned man said.

"You're looking at her." She saw his eyes widen beneath his glasses.

"Oh! So you're the owner. You have a lovely cafe. Thanks for these." The handsome one spoke up since the other guy seemed to be at a loss for words.

She smiled at them and walked away. Strange. Very, very strange. Should she be scared to be in a room with such people? After they were done she went to collect the empty cups and plates. The older guy seemed to he back to his senses. 

"Do you deliver?" He asked. 

"No, we don't. Actually we've been wanting to open the service up but we are having some problems." She didn't want to reveal too much to a stranger.

"If you need any help, you can contact me." He took out a card and handed it to her.

She put it in her pocket without looking at it. 

"Sure, I hope y'all had a good time. Please come again." She said as they walked away and bowed. Wow somebody had just randomly wanted to help her out. That was a first. She took out the card and looked at it again. She read the name written on the card , did a double and a triple take but the name stayed the same and didn't disappear. Her grip on the card loosed and it fell on the floor with no sound. She stood rooted in her place not moving at all until one of her workers walked it and shook her a little, like to wake her up. 

"What's wrong?" She asked Chloe.

"JYP." she whispered.

"What?" Her worker asked her.

"Nothing, I'm just going to go in the back for a while okay? Take care here. I'll be back."

"Okay." Her worker mumbled and looked at her like she was crazy.

Chloe picked up the fallen card and ran to the back of her cafe. Her heart pounded loudly as if it was going to burst. On instinct she called Jackson wanting to tell him what had happened. The phone rang and rang he didn't pick up. He was at a schedule, of course he couldn't pick up her call. She collapsed to the floor and put her head between her knees to help with the spinning. She felt faint. The man who had come to her cafe for coffee was Park Jinyoung, the CEO of JYP entertainment aka Jackson's boss. Now she knew why they covered their faces with sunglasses. She felt like such an idiot. If she had followed kpop a lot more then she would know this. But how could she not have noticed him, she thought that he had looked familiar. Her head was still spinning but she decided to get up and walk back to the cafe with a thousand thoughts swirling in her head. Did him giving her his card and offering his help meant that he had approved of her? She had no idea. And who was the other guy with him? Khunnie...khunnie...who was-- OH MY GOD! she screamed in her head and her eyes widened. 2PM's Nichkhun Horvejkul had come into her cafe! 

She stopped walking and held her head in her hands. This was just way too much for her to handle alone. People started looking at her and giving her strange looks. She turned back in the direction of the back room and decided to stay there until she felt more like herself.

Now it had been a few days since JYP coming into her cafe and Jackson had eventually called her back late at night. The conversation went something like this.

"Baby I'm so sorry the phone was with manager hyung and I was filming--"

"It's okay Jackson." her voice sounded life less and shocked.

"No, it's not. You sound different. Are you okay? Are you hurt and I wasn't there when you needed me?" His voice raised an octave. 

"No no, God no! I'm fine. Don't worry so much." 

"You stay in the cafe I'm going there. Just give me 10."

"No don't--" But the line was already cut. There was no use in telling him that she was fine. He wouldn't listen to her anyway until he saw for himself. As soon as he walked through the door she launched herself at him and he caught her effortlessly. She wrapped her legs around his waist while he carried her in. One of his hands cupped her cheek as the other held her, as if to check that something was wrong or not.

"I told you I was fine." She pecked his lips.

"I wanted to see for myself." 

"Of course you did" She rolled her eyes at him, as he set her on her feet.

"Don't you go rolling your eyes at me. You scared me when you sounded so freaked on the phone." 

"I was freaked."

"Now would be a good time to me tell why." He stood there with his arms crossed across his chest, it was a very serious posture for him. 

Though he softened and walked to sit at a table as soon as he saw chole bring out a cupcake for him. 

"Here." She placed the sweet treat in front of him and placed an even sweeter kiss on his cheek. He grabbed her hand and made her sit on the across him.

"I'll eat, you speak. Gosh baby you're messing up my diet, the Jyp is going to fire me for looking ugly." He joked but Chloe choked in her breath and coughed. It took a while for her to return to normal. She inhaled a deep breath.

"He came by to the cafe today." 

"Who?" He asked nonchalantly.

"JYP" 

Jackson inhaled a sharp breath which sounded like a hiss, his eyes widened as he looked her.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Did he say anything? OH MY GOD! ARE YOU OKAY?" He was freaking out now.

"Relax relax. I'm fine. They just drank coffee and went away. That's it. I think they were checking up on me, like if I'm good enough to deserve you or not. They were probably just looking out for you. Chill."

"They? Who else?"

"I think it was Nichkhun. Though I'm not sure their faces were covered."

"Khun hyung too? Oh my god!"

"I'm fine, they didn't even say anything to me. He was very kind. He told me that if I ever needed any help in business to, call him. Then he gave me his card and that's how I found out the man was your boss."

"Wow! I guess he approves of you then. If he was so kind to offer you help. I think he likes you."

"Oh! I even offered them cupcakes because they looked stressed."

"What?!" Then he laughed his hyena laugh. "You gave him coffee and cupcakes? You're a charmer Chloe Han." 

"What? charm? No!" She hit his forearm. "I did nothing as the sorts of charming him. You know I like giving cupcakes to the people who need them."

"Yes because you're so sweet and kind and so lovable. Aigoo~~" His hand came up to squish her cheeks buy she swatted it away.

"C'mon let's go I'll drop you home now." 

"You won't stay?" She made puppy eyes at him, unknowingly using aegyo.

"I would love to but can't, I have a schedule." 

"Okay then that's fine."

She locked up, they reached his apartment. He kissed her a sweet good night which had manager hyung clearing his throat to remind them of his presence. Chloe blushed scarlet and playfully pushed him away. He watched as he blew him a kiss and walked to the apartment.

She came back to the present and chuckled slightly at the memory. Her phone rang interrupting her train of thought. It was a business call so she went to the backroom and received it. When she came back a huge bouquet of beautiful red roses sat on the counter. She asked around for the giver of those roses. One of her workers told her.

"Don't know. Some guy came and said they were for you. Tall, fair but not completely white, and had a deep voice."

"Was he wearing all back?"

"No only his jeans were black." huh. Jackson wasn't wearing all black? Now that was a first. And if he came to give her flowers why didn't he meet her?"

She picked up the bouquet and read the little note attached to it.

Its been a while sweetheart. You look as beautiful as ever. Hope to meet soon.
                                                                                                                           -Love  A.Rathod

Chloe's eyes widened as she stood in shock looking at the letter. She held her breath,as if not knowing how to fill her lungs with air anymore. Then it was all black and she was falling, into nothing.

 

A/n: Hello everybody! back again with another mystery.. hahaha.i hope all of you aren't trying to beat me up after the last one..kekeke...well i went a little over the top with the lenght..beacuse i just kept writing and when i saw the word count i was shocked! keke.my hand is fine for all of those who were worried! you're all the best. i welcome the new subscribers. and please dont be shy and drop comments.. i wont bite, promise. hehe. And i wanna give you all a big virtual hug because i hit 500+ views! That is a big deal for me! Hne readers jjang! until next time, i'll see you... 

                                               -melover