*Chapter 12

Something Behind That Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

L.Joe is still leaning on the wall with Yeonrin in front of him. They are still there, in the dark street with no one around as the night goes deeper.

 

“You got some wounds. Let’s go buy some ointment.” Yeonrin said and walked away. L.Joe is confused, one moment she is there, angry at him and now she is there, concern about him. *That girl is really something.*

 

But L.Joe just follows her walking beside her. Yeonrin feels that he is beside her and mentally facepalmed her self *What were you thinking Shin Yeonrin? You were supposed to be mad at him. You were supposed to hate him. You were supposed to walk away not to look back and walk up to him being concern. Aiish. Might as well go with the flow since he saved your life twice, even if it is an act or not*

 

They walk away from that empty street where gangsters, drunken men and wild people go and makes their way to a busy street in Seoul. It is already deep but most of the streets of Seoul are still alive. The walk is quiet, neither of them want to say a word.

 

“You take a sit on that bench and I’ll buy.” Yeonrin instructed L.Joe once they arrived outside a pharmacy. L.Joe obliged and do what he is told, he sat on the empty bench as Yeonrin went inside.

 

Once he settles in, he wiped the tiny drop of blood dripping from the cut on his lip. He sighs and thinks why he heard voices in his head a while ago. Sure he gets headaches but hearing voices in his head, it is a first. He remembers what the voices are saying. *Rinrin? Who the hell is that?*

 

“Earth to L.Joe.” Yeonrin said, with L.Joe thinking so deeply he didn’t even notice that Yeonrin is already sitting beside him.

 

“Look at me.” Yeonrin said as she took out the tube of ointment from the plastic bag. She then turns to L.Joe as she notices that he is too far for her to reach and apply ointment on his wound. Without words being exchanged, she scoot closer to him and casually reach for his face pulling him closer. L.Joe can smell her, a sweet smell of vanila is lingering on her.

 

That gesture gives shock to L.Joe but he didn’t pull away. He don't know but he doesn't want topull away in that gentle touch of hers. Yeonrin opens the tube and squeezed a little amount of ointment on her finger and applied it on L.Joe’s cut on his right cheek.

 

“Ouch. Be careful.” L.Joe winces as he pulls away.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter