Responsibility

Mismatch Heaven?

 

Chapter 2: Responsibility

 

Ella quickly went downstairs to join her sisters at the dining room and also to be present for their Grandfather’s wishes also. But when she got into the dining hall which is pretty huge like a ballroom hall to be pictured at…

 

“Hey, where’s grandpa?, you said he wants to see us”-Ella asked confusingly to her sisters, well, to the one’s who heard her question since the others are fooling around again.. Gui Gui kept running around the table chasing Cyndi for taking her diary, and also threatening her to post it in a blog on the net...

 

“Well, he’s not here yet but butler Lee told us to gather here before grandpa arrives”-Genie the obedient and polite granddaughter answered Ella not taking up whole of her attention from the book she’s reading…

 

“Oh, okay, but-.”-Before Ella could finish her sentence her attention was caught by the loud bursts of the door behind her, as the old man in his 80’s walk in, and as soon as that happened Gui ran towards the old man and gave a huge hug and kiss on the cheeks as well….

 

“Grandpa! Good morning!”-Gui happily shrieks at Master Sy the Grandfather of the four heiresses of the Sy fortune.

 

“Oh-ho, my dear Gui is you trying to suffocate your grandpa?”-The old man chuckled signaling Gui to loosen her hug a bit…

“Oh, sorry grandpa, come on let’s sit already...”-Gui pulled the old man to his regular sit at the middle chair of the long dining table.

“Thanks my dear, now sit, we have things to talk”-The old man stated as soon as he received all the greetings from his granddaughters.

 

“What is it grandpa? Did something bad happen?”-Cyndi broke the silence right away.

“Oh, is there something bad should happen? For me to join a wonderful morning meal with my wonderful granddaughters?”-The old man nervously chuckled while rubbing his hands…

“Oh, really grandpa? You mean this meal we are having is pure meal, pure innocent as well no such agenda attach?-Gui gave a smirk while raising a brow to her grandfather across her.

“Gui! that’s too rude even for you..”-Genie gave Gui an eye saying knock it off signal…

 

“Okay, fine, I confess there is something I want to say to you girls…”-The old man leaned his both elbows in the table making his both hands under his chin…

 

“What is it grandpa?”-Ella eagerly asks couldn’t stand the suspense atmosphere surrounding them…

 

“I’ll cut off all your credits…”-The old man said finally…

“Oh, just that I thought you said…”-Cyndi chuckled gesturing her other hand into a no worry or I don’t care gesture but froze right away…

“WHAT!!!”-All four girls shouted in unison as soon as the old man’s statement sinks in…

“What do you mean our allowances will be cut off”-Genie wide eyed asked right away…

“Ha-ha I must have heard it wrong, I should clean my ear everyday from now on, I think I just heard grandfather cutting of our credits...Ha-ha”-Gui laughed furiously but eventually faded away when she looked around that their faces are dead serious specially their grandfather…

 

“You heard it all right, I’m cutting all your credits and connections to the Sy Corporation”-Master Sy proudly said to the girls clearly.

“Why?, I’m doing good in my work… the stocks are going high”-Ella protested right away while answering rapidly as if confused of the whole ordeal…

 

“Wait, my school is already topped this year’s evaluation, surely next semester it’ll be a full house”-Cyndi said in chimed with Ella.

“And grandpa, how bout my school? I need tuition I don’t have work.”-Gui pleading in her voice...

“Am I doing badly in my recent commendation? I thought I did great in our recent events and functions I hosted”-Genie stated and closed her book giving her now attention to the matter at hand..

 

“Enough! Hang on,”-The old man raised his hand to stop the whole blabbering between the girls… “You all have done well but that is because you are carrying my name!”-He slammed his other free hand and stood...

“This is no punishment either, you may have done good but not enough!, from now on you must work for your well being; act as independent, in order for you to do that all of you will be transferred to the Aisha Island..”.

“What? That place is so far away from civilization, no scratch that; a place where civilization haven’t been heard before”-Gui immediately commented…

“Wrong, I recently opened a resort there, you four will work there, as ordinary laborers no one must know who you are, or else you can never come back in this mansion, you must work in order to survive, prove yourselves that you are a daughter of you parents and my granddaughters until then you cannot talk nor contact me for two months you will strive and live as a normal person..”-The old man coldly states the words more emphasize.

“Like never ever come back?”-Genie asked and obviously was about to break down crying…

“Never ever”-The old man answered firmly… “Since you Gui are on summer break there’ll be no problems regarding your study for now, but if you cannot earn the needed amount for your study then you cannot go back to school, that goes to all of you”.-The old man was about to turn back and leave..

“Why are you doing this? Are we not enough?”-Cyndi stood full of rage from what his grandfather threatening them, her not going to teach again. She then felt her shirt being tugged lightly by Genie who is sitting beside her…

 

“No, apparently not… all of you get ready you’re leaving tonight”-The old man finally left, leaving the teary eyed Genie, furious Cyndi, wide-eyed Gui and confused Ella alone in the dining room losing an appetite to eat…

 

 

“If I get my hands on those rascals! I’ll-.”-The old man was cut off by the noises he heard and was getting louder as it gets near the living room doors…

 

“Oww! Please grandma let go we’re already here”-Calvin begs at the old lady who was still holding the ears of both him and Aaron.

“Here's your lost puppies!”-The old lady lets go and like gesturing throwing them, making them kneel as soon as she let go.

 

“You! Where have you rascals been huh?!”-The old man stood Calvin right away…

“We were just going out… having a brother bonding that’s all...”-Calvin answered lowering his head as if pretending to sulk…

“Aish!”-The old lady smacked Calvin’s head… “Bonding? you were surrounded by demons when I arrived and you even drag your little brother on your philandering…

“I was not”-Calvin mumbles and was loud enough for the old lady to hear and was gesturing to smack Calvin again but he positioned himself into defense right away…

 

Aaron smirked at the sight of his big brother but stopped right away… when he met his grandmother’s eyes and lowered his head as well…

 

“Don’t think you’re off the hook young man”-The old lady raised her brows and signaled his son, the father of the four heirs to his fortune…

 

“I’m leaving; I have to go somewhere… I’ll see you guys…later”-The old lady hugged and kissed her other two grandsons before leaving in a car…

 

“So where were we?!”-The Master of the house asks in a loud low voice which made all four of them winced…

 

“Sorry father I only wanted to go out and have a break, I also wanted for Aaron to have some time other than sulking in his room all day since its summer he has no classes.”-Calvin answered calmly and eyed Aaron to make a statement also… but Aaron did not even budge but only ignores all the commotion… “You are hopeless!”-Calvin quietly mouthed at Aaron which he still ignores and shrugs…

 

“That does not mean you will go out all night and not leaving a word, you even drag Aaron”-Wu stood up in level with his father…

 

“But- - -.”-Calvin stammered at his statement but could not continue…

“Enough of this, I have enough of this whole thing”-The old man just waved his hand and slump his back to the sofa… “You all need to learn being a responsible individual”.

 

“I am being responsible”-Wu commented firmly at his father’s words.

“A table cannot stand with only one or two support foundation or a chair, all four is needed, which I meant all four of you must”-The man said coldly…

“What does that supposed to mean”-Jiro blurted asking, the guy who has been sitting the whole time being quiet broke his silence…

“I’ve made a decision, whether you like it or not, all four of you must leave and regain yourselves as the appropriate and deserving heir of Chen International.

“Huh? I don’t understand father”-Calvin stood up lightly touching his knees, hurting from kneeling which also Aaron did and stood frozen only listening to the conversation being carried between his brothers…

“You all four must leave and work hard for yourselves come back in two months and let’s see if you have earned back my trust and respect to you.. You will be strip off your name, you will walk out of here with nothing and start earning for yourselves.”-The old man looks firmly at his sons.

 

“All of us? I haven’t done anything to displease you, have I father?”-Wu immediately showed protest at his father’s recent reveal...

“No, you may haven’t but you have failed to disciplined your brothers and got caught up in your own world from now on you will watch over them and teach them as I did to you”-Master Chen just trailed off… “You will all leave tonight and will not come back until I say so…”-By that the old man left without any other word from him… leaving a mad Wu, a shocked Aaron, sulking Jiro, panicky Calvin in the living room staring blankly in space…

 

 

PHONE CONVERSATION

 

“I have told them the first part of the plan”-A man’s voice echoed through the room as he talked to the person at the other end of the phone...

“So have I…”-The other man chuckled…

“Will this work?”-??

“I’m sure it will”-??

“I will call as it progress, do the same thing”-??

“Yes, I will, farewell my friend, I hope all of this is worth it…”-??

“It will be…”-??

The receiver at both ends clicked…

 

**from that it ended their conversation

 

 

Who are these people talking? And who are they referring too? What plan could it be? Will it affect our characters’ lives? Stay tune!!! Love lots!

 

So guys! What do you think is it too long? Too boring? I hope not… but if it is I’ll try to make it interesting more. On the next chap!!... Thanks for my subscribers! Please read my other FF too... “True Confessions of a Troubled Heart” not GuiLun but I hope you’ll still read it… xoxo