Chapter 8: First Day at Hell's Labor

Mismatch Heaven?

Chapter 8: First Day at Hell’s Labor

 

 

 

My body hurts a lot as soon as I got up from my bed and felt like going down on a fever, it must’ve been because of the whole trip… I decided to get a shower thinking it might lessen the physical torture of my body, and it did; the water rushing from my head up to my feet was very phenomenal… I didn’t know how long it took for me to use the bathroom, must be almost an hour, I picked out some clothes, knowing it’ll be my first day of work in the restaurant… a woman last night delivered our uniforms for today; which I reluctantly accepted…

 

I wore a black cargo shorts with pink loose shirt with a printed sign “Aisha Island” with a Hawaiian taste of logo and a name pin “My name is Cyndi”, which was totally weird…

I took my flat converse (red) from my bag pack and wore it also matching is a dorky looking Hawaiian hat…

 

I stomped my feet outside my room and as soon as I got out I smelled the most scented thing the smell of a freshly cooked scrambled egg and pancakes!! I run right away to the dining area and found my other 3 sisters…

 

Ella’s wearing a an inch above the knee black skirt and a loose shirt like mine only hers were topped with a brown blazer with black heels and a name pin “My name is Ella (Manager)” who’s sitting in front of the table with Gui while reading a newspaper and drinking her usual drink in the morning lemon tea.

 

As for Gui she’s wearing a brown shorts and a pink strapless under a brown cardigan, wearing her hair in a ponytail with black beaded flat shoes and is drinking her usual drink also the strawberry smoothie…

 

Genie’s the one cooking and arranging the plates who was already wearing her uniform, a powder blue blazer and it’s under with grey loose shirt and never ending dark blue shorts with her own converse shoes (navy blue).

 

“Good Morning, every one!”-I happily jump into the dining area which made Gui surprised…

“Good Morning…”-They all answered in unison…

“Anything I can do to help you Genie?”-I Asked

“It’s okay, I’m just finishing up brewing the coffee… same?”-Genie looked up to me while carrying a mug...

“Yeah, black, bold, strong coffee Americano”-I smiled to Genie

“Coming right up!”-Genie enthusiastically answered

 

After we ate and Gui finished washing the left over dishes, since she’s being assigned to do so since last night… we took our respective folders and decided to go to our respective work areas…

 

“We better hurry, we wouldn’t want to be late”-Ella spoke up in an anxious tone…

“Okay, wait here’s the map… good thing, it means I won’t get lost anymore”-Gui pouted and smiled to us…

 

As soon as we got out of our apartment we said our Good Lucks to each other and break apart, except for me and Ella since she and I work at the same area…

 

*************************************************************

 

I didn’t get enough sleep last night since I was so caught up on thinking what should I do first on my first day of work at this restaurant since I’m a sales manager there…

 

As soon as I got into my uniform which was being delivered last night by an old woman; although it’s not that stylish at all… wearing a totally not my style pink loose shirt topped with a Hawaiian polo with black shorts and a pin name “My name is Wu (Sales Manager). Good thing I get to wear what shoes I want to pair it with so I chose white stripped blue sneakers since it’s a bit sandy although I doubt I’ll be spending sometime on a beach…

 

When I got into the dining room I was glad and thankful Jiro’s already up and preparing our breakfast, a bacon sided with fresh bread and sunny- side-up egg… Jiro looks okay on his work outfit although we wore the same loose pink shirt his doesn’t include a polo and his are being paired with brown cargo shorts and also wearing sneakers as well…

 

I also noticed our youngest sitting quietly in front of the table and was as always thumping his fingers on the table listening to his tracks on his i-pod… he’s also wearing his uniform which I find it very well fitted on him… wearing pink fitted shirt that emphasizes his body with a brown cargo shorts and his converse (brown)…

 

I realized we’re missing the most troublesome of the siblings… Calvin….

 

“Jiro, where’s Calvin?”-Jiro looked up from what he’s doing and pointed at Calvin’s room…

 

“I’ll go get him”-I stomped my way at Calvin’s room so furious on how irresponsible can he be… and hardly knocking at his door…

“Calvin open this door or you’re going to get whooped…”-I threatened him which mostly doesn’t work…

“I’m at the freaking bathroom!”-Calvin shouted back in a reply…

“Hurry! Up! We’re not waiting for you; we wouldn’t want to be labeled as slackers! On our first day!”-I shouted back as well…

“Fine! I’m coming already!”-He mumbled and I heard some slams on the other side of his door…

 

As soon as he was finished he got out of his room and everyone just jaw dropped…

“What the fudge?”-Jiro almost spits on Aaron while staring at Calvin

“Do I look good that much?”-Calvin boastfully caresses his hair…

“Are you out of your mind?”-Aaron took off his headphones and diverted his attention to Calvin…

 

“Calvin, go back inside your room and change to your uniform now!”-I furiously shouted at him, like who wouldn’t? He’s freaking wearing a white tux and white pants with open chest white polo underneath and also wearing a freaking leathered shoes!

 

“Why? What’s wrong? These are more stylish!”-Calvin started to nag again

“Stylish? Do you want to get fired on your first day?! Go change!”-I shouted at him who earned lots of shaking heads from Aaron and Jiro, which thank to Great God Calvin, complied and went back to his room and finally change to his proper uniform…

 

Wearing Blue blazer with a blue Hawaiian hat and a grey loose shirt and a ridiculously navy blue shorts and a pair of converse (blue again)… Calvin got out of his room his face can’t be paint out of happiness, it was full of disappointment…

 

“I totally look like I’m a freaking dork”-Calvin mumbled while frowning at us…

 

“Let’s go already…”-I finally said not giving in to Calvin’s urged to get in a debate with him…

 

After we got out of our apartment, we went separate ways to go to our work area…

 

*************************************************************

 

“Hi, I’m Ella I’m here to work as a production manager? It’s my first day…”-I bowed to the other employees who seems to be friendly…

 

“Hello, pleasure to meet you”-They said in unison and bowed as well…

“Ms. Ella the sales manager must be in the office right now with the head chief, you can go in now…”-A guy from the group spoke up…

“Okay, thanks”-I thanked them and proceed to a room back at the kitchen and as soon as I opened it I saw an old guy sitting behind a desk and a man turning his back to me…

 

“Hello, I’m Ella, Production Manager”-I bowed to man behind the desk

“Oh, Ms. Ella please come in meet your partner here at our restaurant Mr. Wu”-The man smiled to me and gestured his hand to the guy and as soon as the guy turned to face me…

 

“Nice to---.”-Wu stopped mid way on his sentence and went wide eyed...

 

“You!!!”-Both of them shouted in unison while pointing each other hard…

 

*************************************************************

 

I was left alone while Ella went to meet the Head Chief and the Sales Manager, I hope it ended well…

 

“Ms. Cyndi You can start by delivering orders at our kitchen now”-A young girl told me and complied right away, have to make a good first day impression…

 

“Here, table 6… surf and turf- -.”-The guy behind the kitchen counter stared at me which I also did the same thing…

 

“Hey… it’s you! Rimmed glasses!”-I commented right away as soon as I know his face…

 

“Yeah, well I’m Jiro of course…”- The guy I rimmed glasses replied

 

*************************************************************

 

I got so bummed ever since yesterday when I found out that I’ll be working at a ice cream stand… wheew… too much excitement huh?...

 

While pushing the trolley containing the cones and toppings for the ice cream I accidentally tripped at a rock which was very excruciating given I just got a cramped at my first day of work…

 

I fell to my knees and started to massage my foot groaning, and I noticed a shadow reflecting at the ground and when I was about to look up I met the eyes of an angel.. (ahehehe angel?)

 

“Are you okay miss?”-The guy said in a charming way

“Wait a moment you’re the? You’re the so called clumsy girl!”-The guy smiled at me which I don’t know how to reply…

 

“I’m Calvin… and you?”-The guy offered his hand which I took

“Genie…. My name’s Genie”-I replied stuttering

 

*************************************************************

 

I got so burned up frustrated on how this partner of mine is not here yet, we’re supposed to meet by the tent on the beach; well that’s what the in-charge told me… when I see that person I’m gonna yell to the roof!! Cursing by myself…

 

And when I heard some twigs that are being stepped on behind me I turned around ready to burst my fury to that tardy person!

 

“You! You’re lat- -.”-I stopped right away as soon as I recognized who’s my so called partner is…

 

“No way, in hell”-The guy mumbled through his words which I heard…

 

“Snobbish Jerk!”-I yelled at him pointing at him at the same time…

 

“Lost Kitten!”-e yelled back pointed at me as well

 

 

 

 So how do you think you guys!? I totally wrote it as fast as I could so that I can update right away!! Comments? Xoxo love lots!!