Chapter 9: Meet your Partners

Mismatch Heaven?

Chapter 9: Meet your Partners

 

 

I got so burned up frustrated on how this partner of mine is not here yet, we’re supposed to meet by the tent on the beach; well that’s what the in-charge told me… when I see that person I’m gonna yell to the roof!! Cursing by myself…

 

And when I heard some twigs that are being stepped on behind me I turned around ready to burst my fury to that tardy person!

 

“You! You’re lat- -.”-I stopped right away as soon as I recognized who’s my so called partner is…

 

“No way, in hell”-The guy mumbled through his words which I heard…

 

“Snobbish Jerk!”-I yelled at him pointing at him at the same time…

 

“Lost Kitten!”-He yelled back pointed at me as well

 

“Why are you here? You can’t be that person they were referring!”-I yelled at him still mad about the thought of me working with him for two months!

 

“Why am I here? Why are you here!?”-He shouted back as well

 

Suddenly I felt someone was standing behind us the whole time…

 

“Ehem…”-I turned around and saw the guy who just oriented us yesterday… what was his name again?...

 

“Sir Chow?”-the snobbish jerk spoke

“Yes, I guess you have met now… Gui Gui meet your acquaintance Aaron…”-The oldish guy spoke gesturing his hands introducing me to the jerky guy…

 

“Yes, fine… but I believe I can work alone so… assign him to somewhere else…”-I immediately retracted at his statement

“Please do, I’d be glad to be transferred, plus pairing with her won’t do much good, I might get lost…”-Aaron raised his brows at me while shrugging “the nerve of this jerk!”

 

“I believe your complaints will only fell into deaf ears, perhaps the only thing you can both do is to work together, peacefully and ethically…”-Sir Chow calmly saying things as if his on a Zen area…

“No…No…and Hell to the No!”-I huffily shrieked while dropping the freaking folder (not realizing the folder contains the map she needs…stkk...Stkk...=). )

 I stomp away from them puffing like smokes of fury from my nostrils…

 

“Me either...”-Aaron mumbled about something but I did not mind at all, I kind a took a quick glance at the snobbish jerk saw him walking towards the tent and just sat there… what a chauvinist!

 

 *************************************************************

 

I was left alone while Ella went to meet the Head Chief and the Sales Manager, I hope it ended well…

 

“Ms. Cyndi You can start by delivering orders at our kitchen now”-A young girl told me and complied right away, have to make a good first day impression…

 

“Here, table 6… surf and turf- -.”-The guy behind the kitchen counter stared at me which I also did the same thing…

 

“Hey… it’s you! Rimmed Glasses!”-I commented right away as soon as I know his face…

 

“Yeah, well I’m Jiro of course…”- The guy I rimmed glasses replied

 

“Why are you here?”-I smiled asking the guy behind the kitchen counter wearing rimmed glasses…

 

“Well, I work here… it’s my first day…”-The guy named Jiro smiled at me which made me feel a bit weird on the inside…

“Wow, me too… it’s my first day! I’m Cyndi by the way”-I couldn’t help shrieked not so obvious happy to see him again, but now without that egocentric guy with him… offered my hand which he shook it lightly…

 

“Cool… good thing also, I haven’t met anyone else here to talk with…”-The guy seems to be quiet shy as well, judging by the part he keeps adjusting his glasses..

“Ohm... if we have time we can talk.. if you want”-I smiled to him I was literally slapping myself offering a crying shoulder if he ever needs one…stupid!

 

“Really? Okay... Deal then…”-He smiled to me sweetly which made my heart skip a beat… what?!

 

“Hey! The dish is dying in the counter!! Surf and Turf!”-A man wearing a huge hat I guess the Head Chef… yelled from behind him in the kitchen…

 

“Oh, yeah… I got to serve this, don’t want to be footballed on my first day”-I quickly took the dish out of the kitchen without the so much response from Jiro… went to the dining area and took another rounds of orders from the costumers…

 

I also saw him on the corner of my eye taking orders as well and telling by the way he moves he is quiet dorky in a good way…

*************************************************************

 

“Hi, I’m Ella I’m here to work as a production manager? It’s my first day…”-I bowed to the other employees who seems to be friendly…

 

“Hello, pleasure to meet you”-They said in unison and bowed as well…

“Ms. Ella the sales manager must be in the office right now with the head chief, you can go in now…”-A guy from the group spoke up…

“Okay, thanks”-I thanked them and proceed to a room back at the kitchen and as soon as I opened it I saw an old guy sitting behind a desk and a man turning his back to me…

 

“Hello, I’m Ella, Production Manager”-I bowed to man behind the desk

“Oh, Ms. Ella please come in meet your partner here at our restaurant Mr. Wu”-The man smiled to me and gestured his hand to the guy and as soon as the guy turned to face me…

 

“Nice to---.”-Wu stopped mid way on his sentence and went wide eyed...

 

“You!!!”-Both of them shouted in unison while pointing each other hard…

 

“You’re the Sales Manager!?”-I raised my brows but now slowly lowering my finger, still eyes glued to the guy making sure I’m not on a nightmare.

 

“And you’re the Production Manager?”-The guy named Wu lowered his finger as well his eyes still on me, he must be thinking his also on a disbelief trance…

 

“Oh, goodie you guys have already met? Then there’ll be no problems or excuses that you guys can’t work supremely well…”-The Head Chief stood up feeling ecstatic that we’ve met already, he must have thought we are good friends or something…

 

“What? Together?”-Wu turned his back on me and re direct his attention to the Head Chief “You can’t be serious… this woman is…”- he was cut off.

 

“Don’t tell me you both have problems, coz if you do I might be forced to relieve you on your positions now and look for another replacement, I do not want any feuds on my resto…”-The Chief bluntly points out seriously which made me think…

 

“Uhmm, Boss? Can speak to him for a moment? Outside?”-I smiled to the boss and linger my eyes to the other guy in the room and signaled him to go outside with me… which he shrugged and reluctantly agreed…

 

*************************************************************

 

I got so bummed ever since yesterday when I found out that I’ll be working at a ice cream stand… wheew… too much excitement huh?...

 

While pushing the trolley containing the cones and toppings for the ice cream I accidentally tripped at a rock which was very excruciating given I just got a cramped at my first day of work…

 

I fell to my knees and started to massage my foot groaning, and I noticed a shadow reflecting at the ground and when I was about to look up I met the eyes of an angel.. (ahehehe angel?)

 

“Are you okay miss?”-The guy said in a charming way

“Wait a moment you’re the? You’re the so called clumsy girl!”-The guy smiled at me which I don’t know how to reply…

 

“I’m Calvin… and you?”-The guy offered his hand which I took

“Genie…. My name’s Genie”-I replied stuttering

 

The guy named Calvin helped me out to stand; thankfully my foot’s already recovered from the cramp…

 

“So, why would a girl like you be in a place like this?”-Calvin asked me in such curious teasing tone while raising his brow…

“Oh… I’m working it’s my first day today, I’m still getting the hang of it…”-I answered as straight as I could since I couldn’t help not to take a risk glance from his face…

 

“Really? Me too, I work as a—.”-he stopped mid-way and started to lean closer at face level to me which I really didn’t know what he’s trying to do should I slap him? I suddenly closed my eyes and was crazy thinking on things… why am I closing my eyes?!

 

When a few moments passed by that nothing happened I opened one of my eyes slowly, peeking and I suddenly straightened myself realizing he was staring at my… chest??

 

“What are you looking at?!”-I suddenly blurted out, don’t know what got into me…

When he suddenly pointed now using his finger, pointing at my chest again… I was about to slap him thinking he was some kind of a erted alien!!  When I chose to direct my eyes to where he’s pointing at…

 

“You work as an Ice Cream lady?”-he then finally says it, wheew! My mind is so dirty! He was referring to my name pin all along…

 

“Yeah, I am… why?”-I asked tilting my head while putting my hands on the trolley…

“Well me too! Wow what a coincidence! Call of fate!”-He clapped his hands seem glad, well me too but let’s keep that as a secret, k?

 

“Really? I didn’t know I’ll be working with someone?”-I stated my sentence well more like a question…

 

“Well then Ms. Genie let’s go to work”-I was taken aback of his gentleman attitude, when he grabs the trolley and started to push it…

 

“Well what are you waiting for sunshine? The Ice Cream’s melting…”-He looked back and smile at me while calling which made me smile from the inside and I paced right away walking with him side by side…

 

*************************************************************

“Ehem… Mr. Aaron, I suggest you go get your partner now... it’s been almost 15 minutes she hasn’t come back”-Sir Chow nagged the head banging music Aaron who has nothing to do but sitting under the tent thumping his fingers again…

 

“Besides, look at this?”-Sir Chow raised a folder at Aaron’s face which earned nothing but shrugs

 

“It’s her folder, and her map is also here… I heard that Ms. Gui has a certain reputation on this island of being a Lost and Found cause…”-Sir Chow laid the folder down by the bench where Aaron’s been sitting…

 

“Besides, you’ll never know danger lurks everywhere…”-Sir Chow left with nothing else to say whistling…

 

Aaron was still listening to his music when he felt suddenly annoyed about the whole situation… and suddenly pulled the earphones from his ears and grunts….

 

“What a trouble maker that girl is… Lost Kitten…”-he mumble staring at the folder and then scratches his head harshly and forcefully picks up the folder took the map and stomps away from the tent…

 

“Wait till I get my hands on that self-absurd Lost Kitten…brat!”-He walks harshly and started to look for the girl whom he befriended earlier…

 

*************************************************************

 

Meanwhile…. Behind one of the Coconut Trees… (I don’t know if there are coconut trees in Taiwan so… bear with me please…)

 

 

 

Familiar Voice: I know you’ll look for her… the test begins….

(The guy laughed as if so menacing…)

 

;-)

 

 

*************************************************************

What is Ella up to with Wu?

Looks like Cyndi and Jiro are going well…?

And Genie seems to be 2nd guessing on what she feels towards Calvin…

Oh… GuiLun is fighting already, will they turn a blind eye on this?

Who is this “Familiar Voice already…”

 

So guys what do you think?

Thanks for the support keep the comments coming!!

Thanks for the early support for the FF’s

“The Perfect Rivals” and the latest “The Secret Life of My Fiancee”

 

Xoxo love lots!