Chapter 11: Being Found part 1

Mismatch Heaven?

Chapter 11: Being Found <3<3 Part 1

 

 

 

I was so nervous back there; I thought I’ll get sacked at my first day of work… wheew! I need this job; I don’t want to be a burden….  I wonder how Jiro is. He went with that guy that seemed to be a manager as well like Ella; I hope he won’t get in trouble like I just did.

 

Why did I lose it anyway? I got so mad with that disrespectful guy who insulted Jiro, and why isn’t he talking back? Like defend himself? He’s like a newborn baby whom he can’t protect himself…

 

I sigh deeply knowing if I think of it this way it’ll only distract me from my work, I’m still doing some order rounds… even though we are not packed today, there are still few costumers…

 

“Cyndi, kindly put this stuff on our tool shed will you?”-Han one of the female workers on the restaurant handed me a box of used decors from the restaurant…

 

“Tool Shed? Where is that?”-I asked knowing I’m still new here…

 

“Oh, just go around back and walk a bit you’ll see it there it’s a abandoned shack… don’t worry there are no ghosts…he he”-Han joked around and as soon as I heard “ghosts” I felt like going under the covers, I can fight anyone or anything but not ghosts…

 

“Oh…Uhmm okay…”-I hesitated at first but eventually accepted the task since I have to impress everyone that I’m a hard worker…

 

*************************************************************

 

Here I am standing in his office, well sort of an office… Wu should be flaring in anger now well that’s what I assume. I’m kind a scared he’ll nag me now, causing a disturbance in the restaurant is unacceptable no matter what the circumstances are.

 

I slightly wipe my forehead from my sweat, even though the air conditioner is on full blast on this room… I’m sweating like a pig here…

 

“So? Are you going to say it?”-Wu broke the awful silence, talking to me while I’m standing in front of his desk and him sitting behind his desk…

 

“Well… I have no excuse for what manners I just portrayed earlier… but”-I was cut off by his sudden scoff…

 

“You shouldn’t apologize… I was standing there long enough to know the real situation, you did well on handling the situation… not losing your composure… and besides the guest was well, an idiotic person…”-Wu shrug on his last remark, I felt quiet surprised that he didn’t chastise me or anything… he was calm…

 

“Okay, you can go now... I’ll be doing my rounds, checking any irregularities around the resto…”-Wu stood up from his seat and turned the knob of the door and gestured his hand… “You first?”- I followed his gesture and smiled to him, going out from his office followed by him…

 

“Thank you, bro…”-I patted his arm…

 

“You’re welcome, one more thing, don’t call me bro when we’re at work… remember our identities are not to be revealed in the public…”-Wu patted my arm as well before he left…

 

And as for me? I’m going to find Cyndi first and make sure she’s okay and not feel guilty of what happened earlier…

 

As I got into the restaurant from Wu’s office…

 

“Han? Where’s Cyndi?”-I asked the short haired girl who seems to be occupied on her phone…

 

“Oh, she’s at the tool shed Jiro… good thing you’re here”-Han seemed to be glad to see me as if she’s been waiting for me…

 

“Why? Do you need anything?”-I asked curiously

 

“Uhmm, why don’t you help Cyndi at the tool shed? She’s out back just go straight and you’ll see an old shack there... go now…”-Han pushed me to the back of the resto and left me which made me wonder why she is so persistent?

 

*************************************************************

 

I hold onto the box which contains some old decors that Han gave me, I didn’t want to accept the task but then if I don’t she might say something bad to the management and I’ll be fired…

 

As I walk to this old looking shack I kind a felt a bit creepy… when I got to it’s door, I couldn’t open it since I’m carrying the box both hands… so I laid the box on the ground before I gently open the door to the shed…

 

The door creaked as I opened it, and when I did I took a steel bucket which I found beside its door and positioned it to the door so that it won’t close…

 

I took the box and got inside, the place is so old and creaky, not to mention with spooky cobwebs that are covering the ceiling and walls… there are shelves that  supports a lot of boxes, papers and even cleaning materials…

 

The only vacant part of the shelf was at the top of the dividing wall, I lift the box over my head and pushed it gently so that I can finally put it there… but the box tipped and fell all its things inside…

 

“Hmmp! Stupid box, making my life even harder, huh?”-I cursed at the box and pouted before I kneeled and pick up the objects from the floor… as I lean to the ground and slightly crawled to get the décor balls on the ground….

 

(Creak….) a creaking sound can be heard inside the shed, which made me look up right away, but there’s no one there… when I picked up the last object and put it on the box, I heaved as I lifted it to my arms, and before I knew it the boxes on top of the dividing wall behind me wobbled and the boxes came flying to the ground…

 

“Ahh!!!”-I fell back and shielded myself for the incoming contact but it didn’t.. I suddenly felt that someone was in front of me, hugging me as if to shield me…

 

“Are you alright?”-Jiro’s voice echoed to my mind as I looked into his eyes, full of worry…

 

“Yeah… Oh My God! You’re hurt”-I eyed his back that’s being hit by the flying objects from the shelves…

 

“I’m fine, here I’ll help you get up…”-Jiro offered his hand to me which I took it gratefully…

 

 

I wonder how the others are going with their jobs… everything seems to be fine for now, I saw Cyndi earlier and it seems that something has troubled her, I’ll talk to her later after our shift…

 

I’m walking around the restaurant checking if things or the operation in the restaurant is running smoothly…

 

I saw a girl using it’s phone inside the resto, I got a bit mad since there are rules to be followed and one of them are “Employees are not to use their mobiles inside the work area at all times”.

 

And seeing her giggling on her phone she must be talking to her boy friend… I scoffed on the idea, guys are just pathetic and a distraction to a woman’s goal… and suddenly an image of that jerk flashed to my mind, I shake my head so that I can regain my saneness on these hallucinations…

 

“Ehem… excuse me, Ms.?”-I approached the girl by the counter of our mini-bar, and raised my brows while clutching the folder I’m carrying…

 

“Oh, Uhmm, I’m Han, Maam…”-The short haired girl lowered her head and quickly hides her phone on her uniform’s pocket…

 

“You are using your phone on duty? Apparently you haven’t read the policies here?”-I raised my brows and pursed my lips…

 

“Sorry, maam I needed to sort out something…”-She seem to be sincere on her apology

 

“Fine, but don’t do that ever again, go back to work… wait, where’s Cyndi?”-I shrug at her and when I was about to send her off I stopped her when I realize I couldn’t see Cyndi anywhere…

 

“I asked her to put some old stuff at our tool shed… it’s out back maam…”-The girl pointed her finger at the back of the resto, as instinct I followed her gesture and walked to this shed…

 

*************************************************************

 

I was so proud for what Jiro did, he didn’t got mad and burst into anger at the costumer earlier, I guess I always assume that the quiet ones are the ones to look out for when they get mad…

 

I chuckled to myself remembering the argument I encountered with that arrogant girl earlier, what was her name again? Ella? Right, Ella… her name’s wonderful but not her attitude, oh yeah, judging by other’s first impression on me… we might be a bit similar…

 

I’m not saying we are the same, it’s just she seemed to be a female version of me, ambitious, focus, smart and arrogant… Ouch! That hurt, trying to critic myself Is no good at all…

 

As I walk to the restaurant a familiar figure caught my eye at one of the see through windows of the restaurant…

 

“Sir Wu?”-A short haired girl appeared in front of me which took me aback…

 

“Yes?”-I stared at her

 

“Ms. Ella wanted to go the tool shed, would you like to follow her?”-I tilted my head at the girl and read her name on her name tag “Han”

 

“Uhmm, Ms. Han? Why would I follow her?”-I scoff while I answered

 

“Well, sir, the shack is quiet old there, she might get hurt and you know it’s a desolated area?”-This Han girl seems to be convincing me to follow that girl, but before I could say more she left…

 

“Get hurt? Even hyenas… won’t go near her…”-I shrugged but then the thought of her getting hurt engulfs me… before I knew it my feet has drag me following her…

 

*************************************************************

 

I was walking out back of the restaurant and will be passing the garden before I get to this shed, when I felt someone is following me from behind…

 

I wanted to turn around to see who it was but then pride came over and I got to thinking I won’t, I won’t give in to this person’s urge to threaten me…

 

So I keep on walking but then the steps behind me grew louder and louder by the second, well, I got irritated on this person so turned around swiftly…

 

“What!?”-I was so surprised on my loud commanding voice, and I then realized the person I just yelled is the person I do not want to encounter for now…

 

“why are you yelling?”-Wu yelled back as if I’m deaf as of the moment, seems annoyed as hell like me…

 

“Why are you following me?”-I calmed and spoke in a steadied voice…

 

“I just wanted to make sure you’re okay…”-He seemed to blush as he said those last words like a whisper but I still heard it…

 

“Okay? I’m fine, you don’t have to worry…”-I turned my back and took some steps… “Besides what bad could possibly happen to me?”-I scoff and talked in a mock way, when I suddenly slipped, which I did not realize there were leaked varnished oils on the ground… “Ahh!”-I feel like I’m falling backwards and before I could even hit the ground…

 

Someone grabbed me from the waist and pulled me back, and was in contact of someone else’s chest…

 

I looked up and I saw Wu’s eyes, I didn’t realize they were so beautiful… as if the world is in slow motion; we just stared at each other…

 

 

Genie and Jiro are getting well with each other… huh?

And the so called cold-blooded mammals (referring to) Ella and Wu…. Are seeming to feel something, don’t you think?

Don’t you guys think that it’s too coincidental that they ended up like that? (Psst! Upcoming sneak peek on what really is happening; is coming after the Part 2 update)

 

So guys, I’m dividing this update into two, the part two contains the continuation of Genie’s and Gui’s interaction with  Calvin and of course our Ya Lun (Aaron)…

 

Sorry I updated these 2 couple first, pls. don’t be mad!!! (Puppy eyes)

Should I upload the part 2?

 

Need more than 5 comments to upload the next update!!!