Leaving Home

Mismatch Heaven?

NOte: Guys sorry but i updated the foreword i change it a little bit please check before continuing reading this... thank you!!!

 

Chapter 3: Leaving Home

 

 

The Sy Household

 

It’s still early afternoon and there’s a lot of time left for the packing but I chose to pack anyway than to delay the inevitable fate that we’ll be thrown out tonight and that is leaving the one place we grew up in and learn a lot of things… I weight everything in my mind and manage to stay positive, saying to myself that grandpa’s decisive decision has a good point and that he thinks only for our welfare and our future. But why this? Why make us leave? We can prove ourselves while living under the same roof as him. My thoughts were stopped by a soft knock on my door, and I know in my guts that the way the knock I hear it’s no other than Gui. I am sure she is terrified about the idea of leaving and going to a unfamiliar place but I know her she’s a bubbly and cheerful person, while giving in to my thoughts another soft knock came to my door and so I decided to answer…

 

“Come in, it’s open”-I calmly say to the person behind the door, and surely was I guessing who it was... came in Gui red-eyed indicating she has been crying her eyes out, I’d cry too but I try not to and pretend to be strong like Ella.

 

“Genie, sorry to bother you in your packing”-She came in sat at the edge of my bed looking down to the two huge stuffed toys in her hands.

“What is it? Is there something wrong?”-I asked her while avoiding her puppy gaze coz If I don’t I’ll eventually gave in to my emotions.

“I really don’t know which one to carry or to leave”-She gestured me the stuffed toys she’s been holding. “You see Mr. Piggy is very fluffy I sleep with him every night”-She sniffed while saying those things to me trying to held the tears that’s been building. “Mr. Hippo here is very wonderful to me, I confess to him every night before I sleep... I really don’t know what to--.”-I cut off her sentence hugging her tightly, knowing she’s saying such nonsense things just to lighten up the atmosphere but I know her better than that.

“Why do we have to leave Genie? why do we have to leave our house?”-She now gave in on the call of her eyes; she wept hard sobbing between her sentences.

“Grandpa only wants us to learn to be responsible Gui, don’t worry; remember the book I used to tell to you when we were kids?”-She nodded to me softly as I patted her back.

“Home is where your family or love one’s is, and you, me, Ella, Cindy we’ll all be going together it means we’re still a home no matter where we go”-After I said those things to her I regretted blurted those for because of those words I couldn’t stop myself from crying as well, which I know made Gui even more sad but instead she hugged me back tightly.

“I know sis, but grandpa is here”-She whispered to my ear, her voice as bubbly and as childish as always.

“We’ll come here, and be with grandpa, until then, we will do our best for him, okay?”-I wiped my cheeks and squeezed Gui’s nose which she winced.

“Yes, but—.”-She now went gloomy again on me.

“Why? What is it?”-I calmly asked

“I still don’t know which to carry, will it be Mr. Piggy or Mr. Hippo”-She pouted while raising both gigantic stuffed toys on her sides of her face which made me broke into a chuckle and made her smile so bright, the smile which I know who Gui is.

“Then bring Mr. Piggy and Mr. Hippo anyway, I’m sure each one will only miss the other if you leave one of them here… and besides they’ll surely miss you so bad if you leave one of them..”-I pushed her forehead lightly with a finger while smiling.

“Really?! Okay then, I’ll continue packing…”-She got up now her mood went sky high… as she was about to leave, she abruptly stopped by the door and turned around on me…

“Sis?”-She called me which made me look up from my packing…

“I love you, you, Ella, and Cyndi… I don’t know if I could live without you guys, never leave me okay? Promise?”-She smiled at me so brightly.

“I know, we love you so much too and yes I promise, besides where would I go, now go! Pack already!”-I playfully threw the pillow beside me at her but she then dodge it and blows raspberry at me, always like a kid…

*************************************************************

I was about to knock at Genie’s room to check if she has started to pack but I stopped as soon as I heard Gui’s voice, now thinking of why is she in her room shouldn’t she be packing? Instead of going in and join them; I stood there by the door carefully listening to what they’re talking about. I heard Gui’s voice hurt and sad, I got emotionally moved by her sobbing knowing our little sister must not cry anymore. I couldn’t bear the rest of their conversation and while I was caught up on listening to them I realized the creak of the door, seems someone is coming out so I ran to one of the big pillars by Genie’s room that is being used as a divide to the halls, and heard Gui’s hurried steps back to her room for packing, that I only guess.

 

Wanting to be strong in front them I couldn’t bottle it up anymore and I gave in to my knees, I slump to the floor tears now endlessly flowing to my face. I did not even mind if someone will see me from where I’m at now, I just want to release all this or else I’ll shutdown if I won’t. Having enough of my drama I forced myself, getting up and took a deep breath…

 

“I, Ella Sy, will promise to deliver myself and my sisters onto prove our worth to our grandfather”-I quietly told myself looking at the reflective gold plated wall in front of me, I wipe my tears and now go back to my old self the person that someone can rely on and deliver what is asked…

*************************************************************

I so got mad this morning that I deserted the rest of my sisters from the dining hall and went to my own sanctuary; the Arena, the place where I train my martial arts and imagine things like create a new defensive or offensive move for school. The place where I can relax and just meditate but now even the swinging punching bags could not help for a distraction of the whole ordeal that just bombarded onto us this morning. Now I’m at my limit, I’ve been kicking, punching, stabbed, swing, and practice moves with my woodened dummy friends, which I consider them likely as someone I can talk to or someone I can vent my anger with…

I’m sweaty and dehydrated, I did not even bother to pack since I’ll only bring my gym bag with me containing boxer shorts that are usually for men but I prefer them for sleeping and some sweatshirts and some pants… I don’t give a damn on what to bring since my mind is nowhere calm at the moment, I decided to go to the kitchen and hydrate myself, as I was about to turn to a corner I slumped back to where I’m standing. Ella’s crying? What could make her--? I stopped that sentence on my head for I already know the answer to my obvious question, she’s usually calm and always someone that has an answer but now she has fallen. I badly wanted to be there by her side but I stopped as she stood and stared at her own reflection and then left. I then emerged, knowing Ella she’ll only breaks down when it comes on our little sister Gui. We always try to give everything she wants since she never had the chance to grow up with a mom, mother died after a week she gave birth to her, mother and father died in a horrible accident; of course Gui knew about this but we’ll always cover it up either with a smile or lots of love and care from us.  It may not look like it but I’m also a softy when it comes to my sisters I’d battle anyone who’d try to mess anyone of them, but of course me, Cyndi Sy, seems to be blind sometimes but all I know is what I see is what I’ll get, no excuses at all… I stopped my trance knowing if someone will see me they’ll think of me as a nutcase so I continued to go to the kitchen grab an energy drink and proceed to my room and now also giving in to the idea of truly packing what you need for a trip that may last for two months or forever… the idea made me shiver anyway…

 

 

The Chen Household

 

I can’t believe we’re going to be exiled by God knows where on earth will they dump us, I did a mistake, yes, but that does not mean we should be punished all. If I know, Wu is gritting his teeth now considering the fact he has been a protégé and now being leveled by his dorky brothers instead. I mean, father knows me enough not to be surprised well except for the idea that I brought Aaron with me, Shessh! That old man really is so sensitive when it comes to him. That guy barely talks to people or even look at them, people even think of him as a deaf and mute person which by the way lucky for him he’s perfectly normal. As for me, still pacing back and forth into this huge room of mine, which now I got thinking why do I have a huge room again?, oh yeah, my clothes there are tons of them and so as designer shoes. It’s my responsibility to look good always besides it’ll tarnish my so called reputation for being a handsome person, don’t want to disappoint the girls swooning over me…

 

I still can’t help feeling guilty for what I did, going clubbing all night, not to mention bringing our mute lil bro with me. I still think that shouldn’t serve as a sole excuse for father to loose his wiring in his head to decide like deporting as to wherever this island that Secretary Yu mentioned; Aisha Island, what psycho would name an island so weird… damn!. I told the maids to pack all my belongings but they said that father strictly ordered for us to pack for ourselves… what the heck?! I have lot’s of clothes to pack and it’s already almost late afternoon and the flight’s in 6:30, we have to leave an hour before that… before I could curse even more I threw my huge luggage on the sides of my bed and went outside to go to Jiro’s room, so far he’s the only normal left in the family besides Aaron, wait, is barely talking and responding even normal? And also I can’t go to Wu’s room he’ll truly throw dagger stares at me for what stupid things I did and if I go to Aaron’s room he’ll only go banging his head, thumping his freaking fingers in his I-pod, who invented that freaking object anyway!. As I knock at Jiro’s room….

 

“It’s open”-Jiro’s voice called over from where he was crouching, at the floor choosing things what to carry or left behind for the trip.

“Hey bro…”-Calvin started to talk but stopped mid-way since he doesn’t now the first thing why he came there…

“Do you need anything?”-Jiro answered him without moving his eyes away from what he’s doing, and that’s piling up his clothes.

“Are you mad too? At me? For being such a selfish jerk?”-I asked too abruptly at him.

“No, I’m not”-he answered coldly which is new to me since he always answers in a very compliant tone, but this one is like he is mad or something.

“I know you think I am, I’m sorry”-Calvin commented right away, right after he apologize, Jiro stopped what he’s doing and looked up to his guilty brother by the door leaning on it. Jiro was surprised to hear him apologize since he usually never admits mistakes and defeat to anyone.

“Don’t be, things happen for a reason, and I know there’s always a silver lining in group of dark clouds.”-He now smiled to Calvin softly…

“Okay then, wow I’m bushed, I’ll take some nappy moment before I get ready later, bye”-Calvin pretended to yawn as if bored and sleepy, so he waved his hand as a goodbye and left without waiting for Jiro’s reply.

 

“Calvin as usual”-Jiro move his head in a sigh and disappointment as he went back to piling his clothes and get ready for the trip that’ll eventually change the lives of all four of them…

*************************************************************

Wu Chen walks back and forth carrying his belongings to its respected luggage; he even took note of his deep sighing and grunts every time he lays the piles on his bed for him to inspect. A lot of people don’t know that he is a neat freak, he does not like to be touched by almost anyone, nor even let anyone touch his things, he even prefers to prepare, clean, wash everything he uses just to make sure it’s completely germ free. Calvin would from time to time playfully suggesting him to hire people build him an airtight bubble house, for being such a weirdo but at the same time almost not showing it.

 

He couldn’t help but thinks all the things he has done just to be properly introduced as the next heir, the son that a father would always want to. Ever since their mother left for another man. He has been trying to compose everything he needs, an act, attitude and even lifestyle to be responsible at the public’s eye. Instead he’ll be thrown out and to be strip of the name he has been working with blood and sweat, just because his freaking brother could not control his partying habit and eventually triggered their father’s patience to run dry.

 

He then took out his other things at his drawer but got messed up and fell all the contents to the ground as soon as he pulled it up… he crouches down to pick it back and return it to the drawer but was stopped as soon as he picked up and stared a picture of him and his other brothers smiling happily with their mother… Aaron was 6 when they took the picture at our old garden house that father built himself for mother as an anniversary gift.

 

“This has been with me all along? I almost forgot what it means to have a family”-He then sighs and lowers the picture to put it back at the drawer but only to decide to take it back and fold it in half and slip it in his wallet instead.

*************************************************************

Aaron: I’ve already finished packing and just considered sleeping the rest of the time before leaving but I decided to waste it all on listening to music instead. I lie in my bed blankly staring at the ceiling my hands behind my head, classes so far is uninteresting since a lot of it are numbers, I only give my full attention on music class. I haven’t decided what course to take, so I took up few different classes just to make myself occupied and also not to be nag by father all the time.

 

Leaving this house, doesn’t seem to make me feel affected at all, I only shrug at those thoughts. I may not talk a lot but I also have a lot of things I’d want to debate but I only brush them off… I started on barely talking to anyone 5 years ago, when mother left for another guy. That bastard had the nerve stealing our mother from us, that day I cried buckets of tears, begging for her to stay but she did not yield to those pleading and just left. I don’t care anymore on what other people think of me, or what they say to me. I just wanted to be left alone for a while away from all this but now I couldn’t I must go to wherever they will send us and prove to father our worth which it did not peak my interest at all.

 

I closed my eyes and let myself drown into the lyrics of the band I’m listening to from  my I-pod, this I-pod of mine is not just any I-pod it’s the only thing left that my mother bought for me for my 12th birthday. Only Jiro knows this since he’s the only one I usually talk to when I want to talk to someone. Giving in to the requests of my eyes; I fell to slumber in my bed.

 

 

“Guys! The cars are here!”-Gui yelled in a cheerful voice calling her other sisters to come down already since it’s time for them to leave their home and go to their temporary new one.

“We’re here”-Genie replied as soon as she emerge from the halls followed by Ella and Cyndi behind her carrying their roller luggage.

“Okay, we’re ready”-Cyndi finally said as soon as they assembled at their front porch.

“Isn’t grandpa coming? Won’t he say goodbye to us?”-Gui asks while her eyes search the behinds of her sisters, for his grandpa to emerge as well.

“Lady Gui, I’m sorry but the Master had something to attend to”-Butler Lee answered while bowing.

“Oh, really? Its okay”-Gui replied as cheerfully as she could but the disappointment in her voice was too obvious not to be noticed by her other sisters.

“What’s so important than giving goodbyes to his granddaughters?!”-Cyndi furiously commented but backed off when a hand patted her shoulder.

“It’s okay Cyn”-Ella patted her shoulder smiling. “Come on, Gui it’ll be alright, no need for goodbyes when we come back we’ll see grandpa again”-Ella went to Gui’s side hugged her while smiling softly.

“Yeah, you’re right, no goodbyes then”-Gui now smiled to Ella and to her sisters, which made the rest of them smile as well.

“Let’s go then”-Genie then intertwined her arm to Cyndi’s and chuckled.

“Okay, but why is there a cab here? Aren’t we using the Benz?”-Cyndi’s head tilted as she asked as to why there are two taxi cabs parking in front of the mansion.

“Well, Miladies, forgive me, the Master strongly ordered for you to take a cab to the airport with no and this is you ticket as well”-Butler Lee answered as politely as he could as he offers their tickets for the trip too.

“What? Economy class? Oh dear and it’ll be a connecting flight as well”-Gui pouted as she read their tickets for their trip to Aisha Island…

“That’s okay… Gui, we’re together anyway, 12 hours of girl talk and bonding as well wouldn’t that be fun?”-Genie tried to lighten up her sisters’ mood.

“Yeah, Genie’s right, right Gui?”-Cyndi smiled asking at Gui.

“Yeah, I guess so… let’s go then... to Aisha Island!”-Gui then shrieked excitedly as they slipped into their respected cabs leaving their home finally.

*************************************************************

At the Veranda

“Forgive me my son, forgive me my daughter”-Master Chen tearfully addresses the picture frame he has been holding the whole time he observes his granddaughters as they leave for their destination.

“I have to do this for them and for their future…”-Master Chen lowers his head…

 

 

As the four sons of Master Chen assembled at the front house waiting for their ride.

 

“We are getting on a cab, no maids with us, not to mention getting on a low class flight to nowhere!”-Calvin scratches his head in irritation having the idea of being low leveled now.

“Maybe if you weren’t so stupid, you would’ve glued your in your room instead going off dragging Aaron with you”-Wu blurted out finally, having enough of Calvin’s complaints of their whole traveling arrangement by Secretary Yun ordered by their father.

“Oh really, now, blaming this on me? talk about being a pacifist not to mention not tarnishing your calm reputation by your education”-Calvin retracted at Wu’s words.

“Pinning this on me now huh?”-Wu mocking Calvin while making an annoying don’t-care face at him.

“Okay, that is enough our ride is here”-Jiro then abruptly step up to stop the two bickering and eyed them for their cabs has just arrived. But before anyone could move where they’re standing, Aaron moved forward walking down the stairs of their porch and snatches the tickets that Secretary Yun was holding and went straight inside the car. This made everyone wide eye at first but eventually did the same thing that Aaron did and ordered their drivers to push the pedal to the airport.

*************************************************************

“And you think this is wise my son?”-The old lady raised her brows to her son sitting at his big chair as always.

“Yes, mother, I cannot just sit around and have them waste their youth for nothing, I must make a move for them”-The man sitting held both his hands to his face.

“I hope you know what you’re doing, I hope you do”-The old lady took a deep sigh and left the living room.

 

 

 

What do you think you guys? Is it boring? Interesting? Fun? Sad? Or what? Just comment, thanks so much for the wonderful comments and to my subscribers love lots!! Xoxo