Chapter 7 Wanted: Employment Day

Mismatch Heaven?

Chapter 7: Wanted: Employment Day

 

 

“I think we’re screwed…”-Gui mumbled as she entered a graveled path seemed garden part of the resort while hugging her two huge stuffed animals (Mr. Hippo and Mr. Piggy)

“We are officially lost”-Gui was mumbling to much while passing some woodened Hawaiian looking doors that she didn’t get to dodge a door that was opening, that it totally smacked her forehead.

 

“Sorry miss”-a cold Guy’s voice said

“It’s okay--.”-Gui looked up after she wipe her red forehead…

“So Not!”-The guy suddenly said in a snobbish tone…

“You!”-Gui yelled while accidentally dropping Mr. Piggy and pointed hard on the guy that smacked her forehead from the door.

 

“Better watch were you going”-Aaron raised his brow while crossing his arms to his chest

“Hey! You should apologize! You… Jerk!”-Gui was puffing and pouting hard at the uncivilized manner of a guy.

“Why would i? You’re the one who walked right in front of the rest room door.. if you were so smart enough, you shouldn’t blocked the way”-Aaron was about to turn around and go his brothers back on their room when someone yanked the helm of his shirt…

 

“Wait! If you were so smart also, you should apologize like a proper man!; and I was lost okay!”-Gui shouted so loud; loud enough for the lizards to fall from the ceiling (figuratively)

“Hey, let go… that’s harassment… and plus if only you were paying attention to where you were going you wouldn’t end up thudding on a door… lost kitten”-Aaron mumbled under his breath

 

“Hey, I’m no kitten and besides I was carrying Mr. hippo and Mr. Piggy”-Gui pouted while picking up Mr. Piggy from the ground and hugged them…

“If you want to go to your room just look at the glossary map there, Goodbye Puss in Boots”-Aaron boasts on pointing at a huge board of Map around the island and smirks as he leaves before Gui could even back talk…

 

“That good for nothing..—wait… did he just call me kitten?”-Gui mumbled hard and stomps to where their room is located; after she looked at the map and suddenly remembers her dream bout her prince charming but shrugged it off right away…

*************************************************************

Me, Cyndi and Genie was gonna go out and look for Gui since we are all worried where she could be, but when we were about to look for her… there she is; sweating and puffing…

 

“What happened to you? Are you alright?”-I asked at her totally worried as soon as she got inside our apartment…

“Here sit down, Genie get a glass of water for Gui, please”-Cyndi led Gui to their living room and ordered Genie to get water which Genie relied right away…

 

“I’m so thirsty…”(Gulping.. the water down ) “Thanks”- Gui gave the empty glass to Genie back then sigh deeply…

“Are you okay? Now?”-Genie asking while tilting her head to her sister Gui

 

“Of course, I’m not!”-Gui suddenly bursts at us….

“What happened? Did someone do something to you?’-I asked eyeing her hands crumpling her poor Mr. Piggy…

 

“I just met the guy who was so arrogant! A jerk! The one who had the stupidest smirk in the whole universe!”-Gui huff and puff so much which I take it that she’s so furious with the guy she is referring to…

 

“Did he hurt you? Where is he? I’ll give him the beating of his life!”-Cyndi got up from her seat cursing through her lungs…

“People come down please… Gui what did he do? And Cyndi please don’t tolerate and create an act of violence…”-Genie sighed deeply while giving us her softest look…

 

“Well, it’s just…. It’s just… he was being a jerk!! A D-Bag!”-Gui stuttered through her words as if finding the correct word to describe….

“D-Bag?”-Cyndi slumps to her seat and crosses her arms

“As in Douche Bag?”-Genie raised her brows…

“yeah… and plus…”-Gui was about to continue her story bout her unfortunate meeting with this guy when someone was at the door knocking… I got up from my seat and turned the knob and was faced by a guy whom we first when we arrived at this island…

 

“Miss Ella? I’m here to discuss some things, may I come in?”-The guy got inside our apartment without so much of an invitation and started to mumble..

 

“Tommorow will be your first day of work… these are you’re employment papers while you’re here”-The guy gave us each a black folder and I saw a few more folders in his hand as well, apart the one’s he just gave us…

 

“Wait… our first name are in here only?”-Gui pouted as soon as she saw hers and the others that they are being stripped off by their last name…

“Yes, I am the only one in this island knows who… and where you come from… your Grandfather has arrange these according to his wishes…”-The guy slightly bowed to us as he mentioned our Grandpa.

 

“Grandpa, was serious”-Genie’s bright face was replaced by a sorrow one…

“It’s okay, oh look I’ll be working at a restaurant as a waitress?”-Cyndi patted Genie and showed a force smile as she read hers while raising her brow…

“Wow, me I’m assigned to be a tour guide, which I don’t know if it’s even a good thing considering I got lost in the first place…”-Gui joined Cyndi smiling as she read hers.

“Mine, is… I’m assigned as the manager of the restaurant you will be working …Cyndi”-I eyed the folder I’m holding and after we read them, we directed our eyes to our other sister Genie…

“How Bout you Genie? What’s yours?”-Gui excitedly went to Genie’s side and snatch Genie’s folder and started to read and let out a jaw dropping expression…

“What is it? What’s hers?”-I curiously asked Gui

“Yeah, Gui spit it out already!!”-Cyndi anxiously shakes Gui…

 

“I’ll be working at a ice cream shop as a sales lady…”-Genie mumbled under her breath

“Hey, it’s okay...”-Gui playfully punches Genie on her arm..

“Yeah, it’s okay…”-I tried to cheer her up knowing her the work will be. let’s just say unimportant…or less..

“But mine is too small than you guys…You get to work as a tour guide which will give you a free tour around isle the whole time… you will be a waitress and Manager, you guys get t work together. Whereas me, I’m useless…”-Genie pouted while lowering her head..

“Hey, it’s okay… Gui’s also has an unfortunate ending, she’ll have sunburns at the end of the day for spending the whole day under the sun, me and Cyndi will be swarmed by lots of customers it’ll be tiring and you on the other hand, just have to watch the ice cream shop and besides lot’s of kids will be buying and I know you love kids…”-I threw my arm around Genie’s..

 

“Hey!”-Gui retracted right away as soon as she heard me… then we all fell into a huge laugh…

 

“Okay, that’s all, I’ll be seeing all of you as I do my rounds checking on you.. starting tomorrow…”-The guy cuts us off, of our well brief optimism…

“I’m leaving since I’m also orienting other people…” “Oh and another one… we don’t tolerate tardiness..”-The guy stopped short gesturing his hands on a “I’m-watching you” gesture.

 

We all went silent and just looked at each other…

*************************************************************

I was beginning to get irritated by Calvin on his complaints as soon as we got settled in our apartment… like:

 

“Why is the water only has cold?”

“Why is this bed sheet so rough and very itchy?- which I slapped him on his back when I told him that, the bed sheet he’s referring is a freaking extra carpet…

“Why is my room smaller than Aaron’s?”

“Why does Jiro have a computer on his room and mine doesn’t?”

“Why is my closet a Minnie-version and Wu’s a gigantic one?”

“Where will my clothes go now?”

 

I only shrug and sighed throughout his mumbling, and was quiet glad when I saw Jiro just quietly reading his favorite book: Romeo and Juliet, which I know is quiet an eccentric choice for a guy… Grandma checked in at newly-opened hotel whereas, us in a low class loft. Everyone stopped what they were doing when we all saw Aaron got inside and was wearing a Don’t-mess-with-me-or-your-dead look on him…

 

“What’s with you?”-Calvin started nagging Aaron again…

Which was replied with silence only and more sighs from Aaron.

“Are you okay?”-I asked him not giving any more impressions that I care which I do since he’s our youngest… but was also replied with lizard chirps outside…no response from him.

 

“Did something bugged you?”-Jiro asked while his eyes were still glued on his book ..

Then, finally Aaron released another deep sigh and nodded lightly on Jiro’s question to him.

 

“Wow. You only reply to Jiro which makes me very annoyingly jealous”-Calvin mumbled while looking his reflection from his pocket mirror…

“Quiet will ya...”-I threw dagger stares at Calvin just to shut him up which thankfully he got the message and kept quiet…

“What happened? What’s that something that bothered you?”-Jiro asked again as he closes his book and put it down, now giving his full attention to the youngest…

 

“Not something but someone… I just saw the idiot girl I met at the airport”-Aaron closed his eyes and just shrugged…

“oh… meet again? Destiny? Or was that fate?”-Calvin closed his mirror and smirked at Aaron which made Aaron shrugged even more.

“Was she cute?”-Calvin nagged Aaron even more and I was about to whack him again if only the knock on the door didn’t come… Jiro got up from his seat and opened our door…

 

“Hey, you’re the guy who gave us envelopes earlier”-Jiro tilted his head as he led their unlikely visitor inside.

“Yes, and I see you guys have finally settled in...”-The guy finally talked as soon as he got inside eyeing us from our seat…

 

“Is there something you need?”-I asked finally

“Yes, here are the papers you need for your work”-The guy gave us four black folders…

“I’ll be working as a ice cream guy? What the heck? Do they know who I am?”-Calvin shrieked as soon as he read his papers...

“Shut up… hmm.. I’ll be working as a restaurant  sales manager… interesting”-I read mine and rub my chin lightly…

“Mine would be a waiter at the restaurant you’ll be working Wu… this’ll be awkward”-Jiro smiled lightly.. and was quiet scared of his job since his not that of a socialized person.

 

“How bout yours? Aaron?”-I asked Aaron and I was a bit hesitant considering his expression says it all… a terrified one…

“Hey, cat got your tongue?”-Calvin is at it again on Aaron…

“Hey, Aaron what is it? You look pale?”-Jiro asked tilting his head, must be out of anxiousness Calvin suddenly grab Aaron’s folder and started to read…

“hahahaha!! GoodLuck!”-Calvin was laughing hard while offering Aaron’s folder to me…

“Wooh… tour guide? You see… Mr…?”-I asked for the mysterious guy’s name ever since we met him earlier I did not get the chance to ask his name…

“Oh.. forgive me, how rude I am.. You can call me sir Chow”-The guy boldly says while bowing to us…

“okay, Sir Chow… you see my brother has a well.. slight problem on the work he’s being assigned to”-I told the guy named Sir Chow.

“Slight? You mean huge problem…”-Calvin chimed in while grinning and I threw him back death glares to keep him quiet…

 

“I know that as well, you’re father assigned these to you… and besides even so he is lacking on social skills, he won’t be alone.. he has a partner.. whom he’ll meet tomorrow..”-The guy explained to us…

“Not just that, our I.D’s only has our first name, we are being stripped off by our family name… shame…”-Jiro shakes his head lightly trying sink in the truth that we are being tested by our father…

 

“Well, then I better leave so that you can rest for your big day on work tomorrow, I’ll see you then… and one thing, don’t be late or there’ll be consequences…”-The guy left before I could even ask another question and when I look round the room seeing the gloomy faces of Aaron and Jiro; I realized we’re missing one… then I heard a door being slammed on the other side of the room which only indicates that Calvin chose to be alone and sulk…throughout the night…

*************************************************************

Telephone Conversion:Three –Way Version

 

Man 1: How are they?

 

Man 2: Have they settled in?

 

Familiar Voice: Yes Sirs, they are all settled in and are already being oriented…

 

Man 1: So it has begun…

 

Man 2: Yes after this… everything will change…

 

Familiar Voice: I agree, tomorrow the test will begin…

 

*************************************************************

 

Okay did you guys like it? Thanks so much for the support you guys are giving me

**scribbles** I typed so hard and fast as I could to update this Fic so I hope you’ll like this chapter… as a sign of my thankfulness for you guys I’ll tell you the title of the next Chap!! Dan da na nan…. “Chapter :8 First Day at Hell’s Labor”; guess guys what will the next chap will be!! Hehehe xoxo love lots!!! Thanks for the early comments and subscribes on my latest FF of GuiLun “The Perfect Rivals!!!” love lots!!! =*