Why You're Needed

The B*tch you all hate

Eunhee's P.O.V.

"Okay, I'll tell you what I need your help with now." I said while dragging him away. I let go of his wrist once we reached an area where there were more people. I looked to my sides and realized that he wasn't moving again. I let a sigh escape my lips. Does he really have to stop everytime we have skinship? I can't call him over or everyone will.. wait. Since when did I care what other people think. I turned around to see if he was just close by, but he was at least a good 50 metres away.

"JINSEOK!" I yelled, my voice echoed across the campus. Yet he still didn't snap out of his trance. By now I had garnered most of the students' attention. I let out a sigh and walked over to where the still frozen junior was. 

"Hello?" I waved both my hands in front of his face. He was still frozen, if his eyes weren't open you'd think he was sleeping. I came to the conclusion  that screaming at him and making hand gestures wasn't going to work so..

Chaejin's P.O.V.

I felt a slight stinging on my cheek. I finally came back to my senses, hearing someone call me Jinseok after so many years of people calling me Chaejin had triggered some pleasant, and unfortunately not so pleasant memories. The first thing I saw was Eunhee standing in front of me, her hands on her hips, staring at me with that same emotionless and slightly angered gaze. Just that, told me she was the one who had slapped me.

"Don't call me Jinseok. Call me Chaejin..." I said firmly and kept a straight face. It was silent for a moment, I think she's not used to the serious me.

"And add Oppa to the end," I said wiggling my eyebrows a bit, my seriousness had passed. She just rolled her eyes.

"Well if you still need my help I suggest you do it," I smirked. Ha. Who's in charge this time? ME. She sighed.

"What have I ever done to deserve this?" She murmured, I think it was only for herself to hear though.

"Well, you did just slap me across the face," I challenged her question. She stared at me blankly for a while, then it turned into a glare.

"What was that for anyways?" I tried to glare at her. She's quite intimidating, so I didn't want to show that I was mad, or maybe we'd get into a fight.. and she'd probably win. She just stared at me for a while then shook her head. 

"Forget it, just follow me," She her heel and began walking away as if slapping me was no big deal. Wow. I decided no to argue and just rant about it later. I soon cought up with her. I sighed, which caused her to look at me for a second, but she immediately looked away when our eyes met. Looking into her eyes always sent shivers down my spine, they were ice cold, brown orbs that showed not a pinch of warmth or emotion, besides anger at times. The rest of the walk was complete silence. I couldn't pick up if the atmosphere was awkward or not, so I just kept quiet. I was about to zone out again when Eunhee stepped into what seemed to be a café. I stared at the exterior a bit before walking in. The outside was nothing special, but when I stepped in, I stopped in my tracks and gawked at how beautiful the café was. Once I walked in, I was welcomed with an array of different shapes and sizes of fancy bird cages hanging from the ceiling. They each had a light bulb in the middle, the light reflecting off the zinc coated, metal bars, making the cages look like they were made of gold. The walls were decorated with a bunch of black and white photos instead of having wallpaper, the tables and chairs were made of a shiny light coloured oak. Though the chairs and tables were plain it went well with the café's atmosphere.

"Are you just going to stand there, Chaejin?" I heard her call after me. I purposly ignored her for a while. 

"Oppa," She sighed. I finally looked up and followed behind her. We took a seat by the windows, and as usual silence filled the air. A waiter finally came to take our orders.

"I'd like a mug of hot chocolate, with whip cream on top please," She requested, suprisingly in a polite manner. The waiter nodded while writing down her order. From her "Ice Queen" reputation I thought she would have ordered something ten times more complicated, and just for her own enjoyment to see the waiters / waitresses struggle with it. I would have. I chuckled at the thought of how ridiculous the waiter would have looked, seeing that his face right now was pretty much emotionless and quite relaxed. It was kind of a poker face. He turned to me signalling me to place my order.

"Hmm... I would like a Caramel Machiatto please, with extra foam and caramel on top," I finalized my order, almost drooling just thinking about how yummy it would taste. 

"Why do you seem so excited over a Caramel Machiatto?" She finally spoke to me, without me taking the initiative to start a conversation. 

"Well," I continued, rubbing the back of my neck, becoming a bit sheepish,"my umma doesn't allow me to have coffee, so this is my first time." I stared at my feet waiting to hear the giggle-fit she would throw, like what most people did when they heard about my limitation of freedom. To my surprise, after staring at my feet and things surrounding them for a minute, I still didn't hear loud chuckling or even muffled giggles. I shyly looked up to see what was going on, thinking that she had left after discovering how pathetic I was. I was quite shocked to see her still sitting there sipping on the hot chocolate that had just arrived completely relaxed and not trying to ditch me. I quickly recomposed myself and stared at the beverage before me, intently. It looked looked really pretty, and as I requested there was lots of foam and caramel syrup in the shape of a teddy bear. I really didn't want to ruin the design so soon and decided to just admire the artwork for a while.

"Are you going to drink it or not? Or maybe you're thinking about the consequences of breaking your Umma's rules?" Eunhee was obvously growing impetient and started teasing me. I sighed, I had stared at the drink long enough that how it looked like was imprinted in my brain. I carefully took my first sip, anticipating the magical taste of coffee and caramel. I savoured for a moment then pulled the mug away from my face. I looked over at Eunhee and saw her staring at, amused by my reaction? She pointed to her lips. OHMYGOD! I started to freak out in my head. She wants me to kiss her.. I'm not prepared. What do I do? What do I say? I can't reject her. Waaah. This is hard. I looked up to see her still pointing at her lips, a bit more frantically this time. I let out another sigh. Sighing has become a lot more frequent.

Eunhee's P.O.V.

I pointed to my lips, trying to be nice and tell him that he had foam there. He started looking a bit bothered and frustrated. I tried making my gestures more frantic. He just looked at me as if I were a ghost, he looked more nervous than usual. I heard him sigh.

"You know having foam on your lips isn't that big of a deal," I finally spoke up, realizing that he didn't understand my gestures, "just wipe it off." His cheeks turned into a flaming pink. I'll never unerstand this kid. Was it something I said? I decided to backtrack and go over what I said. Nothing I said was that bad, right? I did about his umma's rule. He'll get over it. I pushed the thought aside and continued to sip on my hot cocoa. Chaejin also continued to sip on his coffee, and to my surprise didn't even try to start a conversation. Once I reached the bottom of my mug, I placed it down on the table and decided that it was time for business.

"Okay, now that we've got to know each other a bit and have finished drinking our beverages, I think it's time to get to the point of why I brought you here in the first place," I began. I looked up to see him nod in reply. He placed an elbow on the table and placed his chin on his palm.

"I'm listening," he said, his rare seriousness surprised me yet again.

"Well, you see I really need a job and this Woohyun kid said he had one for me, also that it would pay today," I stated. He once again nodded his head to show that he was listening.

"Doesn't that offer sound just a tad bit, weird? I mean I just met him on that day, and I was being a pretty big to him too. Plus, it was obvious that he wasn't fond of me. I'm almost positive that he's up to something and that something's forced him to have to do that." I said, only realizing after my little preaching session that I sounded kind of scared. It looked like Chaejin noticed too, since he looked at me with comforting eyes.

"Well, I'm taking the job. I really need it to survive, I don't have anyone to rely on for money or a place to stay, so I need to do it. What I need you to do is to do a little research on them, or befriend them and find out if they're up to anything. I know that this probably appears just as weird as Woohyun's offer, but I promise you I'm being honest about everything I just said. Besides, you like me right, Chaejin?" I gave him a look. 

Chaejin's P.O.V.

She looked at me after the long speech. This time her eyes weren't ice cold. They were serious and showed some kind of unreadable emotion. I just nodded my head, contemplating on if I should help her or not. I finally made a decision after what felt like a really long time.

"If you remember to call me Chaejin oppa, I'll help," I winked at her. She almost smiled.

"Fine Chaejin oppa," She mumbled the oppa but it was good enough. I grinned from ear to ear. Soon the conversation became serious again.

"I need you to become friends with the kingkas of the school," She gave me a look, then continued,"to get closer to them, and find out if they're going to do anything to me, okay?" I just nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haaay guys! Another pretty long chapter, in my opinion. Hope you guys likeu it~~ Uh, and I decided to make Chaejin a main as you can probably tell. Anyways, I hope you like it~ Please COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE and ADD AS A FRIEND, if you like.

-aegyoseob