Aftermath.

The B*tch you all hate

Eunhee's P.O.V.

 

            My life's lost all it's meaning. This phrase has been repeating inside my brain for the entire week. It's been a few months since Woohyun and I have discovered our feelings toward each other, and it's also been a few months since I've lost a friend and my dignity. Chaejin knew what I had done the day right after Woohyun and I had . I didn't realize how suspicious it was at the time, due to the overwhelming amount of emotions I was feeling during the time. But, the worst part was that the pain from breaking up with Chaejin didn't distract me. My newly discovered love for Woohyun made me lose all common sense; that was when I lost my friend. The rumours spread throughout the school and I didn't deny it, I let it keep going on because I wanted everyone to know that he was mine; that was when I my dignity... Not like I had much of it left in the first place anyway. I lost everything I had that wasn't a possession, including my title as "Ice Queen" was long gone by then. But, this one person kept me going, this person blinded me, this person changed me, this person ruined my life. Nam Woohyun.

            "Lee Eunhee!" this was the third time this week that Mr. Baek's come banging on my door for the rent. The only noise that God provided for me to escape my miserable thoughts, the only conversation to distract me from my problems.

            "Yes?" I answered the door.

            "Hopefully you haven't forgotten that your rent is due this week!" he kindly reminded.

            "I'll have it for this week, don't worry," I felt my smile falter. It upset me that I'd become so good at lying, but luckily Mr. Baek hadn't noticed. 

            "Okay, well I'll see you around then," Mr. Baek concluded. I wanted to stop him and invite him in, maybe I can forget for a bit longer. But, he might find out that I don't have the money. I stopped myself like I always do— like how Woohyun taught me to do. Why does he always pop into my mind? It frustrated me that I should be worrying about becoming homeless, but instead I'm worrying about the man who ruined me. Maybe it was because he's been paying my rent for the past couple months, or maybe because he was the one who changed Mr. Baek's attitude toward me... Stop it. I've been doing this a lot lately: thinking of Woohyun, scolding myself for doing so, and then making up excuses for why I can think of him. It's funny how a few months earlier he seemed to be the epitome of happiness to me, and now he's become the source of my suffering. 

          It only dawned on me this week what was happening to me. I was losing myself. I was losing my personality, my health, and my only connections to the "outside world". Woohyun told me that he liked to think of us as our own world where there's only two of us, and at the time I, of course, loved the sound of that. So, I locked myself in my house, occasionally having him as my guest. It was okay the first few weeks; I liked it in fact. But, he started coming less and less, and I started leaving the house less and less. I felt lonely and empty... the worst part was, I showed it. I've always been able to hide my emotions, but when Woohyun came and visited me I'd just break down, hug him tightly and let my feelings pour out. Maybe it was because I finally found someone whom I felt secure and protected with; the thoughts that I had back then rang in my head. It wasn't. I was changing. He was changing me. I guess he didn't like my "y self" after all. I laughed bitterly at the thought. Eunhee you're so stupid. I then heard a terrible sound, I could tell it was miserable, and it was insane... It was me. 

            "Eunhee!" I heard that familiar soothing voice. Woohyun. 

            "C-," I was about to repeat the usual routine, but my head suddenly began hurting again. I shouldn't let him in, he'll hurt me even more than he already has. But, I just had to see him, and hug him. I opened the door.

            "Hi honey," he sang as if nothing was wrong. I didn't reply.

            "Is something wrong?" he came close to my face, but I staggered backwards— bumping into a wall in the process. 

            "Come sit with me," he looked over while placing himself comfortably on the couch, "and tell me why you're acting so strange."

            "Okay," I muttered, though it probably sounded like a grunt. I let him bring me onto his lap and wrap his arms around my waist.

            "I love you, you know?" he whispered in my ear. Some girls only dream of having this moment with their boyfriends, but it wasmy worst nightmare. Here it comes.

           "Where have you been today and what have you been up to?" he eyed me up and down like an interrogator, "you've been acting really strangely."

            "I-" I began my sentence and got cut off... as usual.

            "You're probably ing cheating on me, you've probably been cheating this whole time! Haven't you?" he yelled at me accusingly.

            "Woohyun, I haven't left the house," I was able to reply, no matter how tires this repeating situation made me. 

            "Where's the proof that you haven't?" Woohyun sighed for a moment, "maybe we should end this."

            "No, you can't leave, I need you! Woohyun, I love you," I said it like it made sense to want him to stay.

            "Eunhee, I can't take the unfaithfulness anymore!" He said while heading for the door.

            "No! Woohyun, you can't leave. I love you more than anything, you're all I have. You can't leave me," I sobbed while holding onto him. It was as if all the energy I had lost came back. 

            "You swear you didn't leave the house today?" he smiled goofily toward me.

            "I swear on my life," I said while wiping away my tears. He began devouring my lips and I went along with it... not that I had much choice; I wanted him to stay. But, my breathing suddenly picked up, and I slid to the ground. It felt like the whole world was against me and I was trapped. Eunhee you're worthless. 

            "STOP IT!" I covered my ears. Why? Is it because you know it's true? 

           "Huaaaaaaaaaaaah," I let out one last scream before I lost myself. This was the third time this week that I'd somehow ended up in this place: my mind. It was a dark empty space, a bit different from the one I remembered yesterday: It was darker. This troubled me... What am I doing? 

            I opened my eyes, only to find myself on the edge of the roof.

           "Woohyun?" I looked for him— my misery. No reply. 

           "Woohyun? Woohyun? Woohyun?" I called for him more desperately each time. It was funny how he was still the only thing on the world that could comfort me. 

           "Woohy-" I was about to call him again when I felt my head pounding. No, not right now. Not here. 

­­–

 

           "Woohyun!" I heard myself calling his name, more frantically this time. Once my eyes were able to focus again everything seemed okay. I was still on the roof. But, I was looking down at something that appeared to be a dark blob. In that instant I dropped onto my knees. 

            "Woohyun," I could barely whisper. Look what you made him do Eunhee. This is your all your fault you know it. Don't you think you deserve to die?

            "Yes," my body was falling down, everything was a blur, but I was getting closer, "I do deserve to die."

 

Woohyun's P.O.V.

            

            "The police are here, what do I do?" I was getting worried. 

            "The important thing is did you complete your mission?" his cold, heartless and annoying personality was evident— even on the phone.

            "When have I ever failed? Lee Eunhee's dead and I didn't even need to get my hands dirty," I laughed a bit too bitterly for my liking, "besides, I hate es." Most of the time. 

 

FIN.

 


Hello everyone, it's done! aslkdjaklsjdasd. Overall I was a bit disappointed with this story, and lost inspiration for it quickly. But, thanks for all of the support and comments (however scarce they were). I know I was very slow at updating and for that I apologize one last time. Anyway, hopefully you guys will give my other fanfic a try and anticipate future ones. I'd also like to ask you if you want a sequel or prequel to this, not that I'm expecting to get anyone's opinion anyway. Oh and I'm sorry for making Woohyun a bad guy! Okay, that's all! Bye for now!

- aegyoseob