Cloudy Eyes

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol had been feeling empty the whole morning. It was as if he was missing something. He had rummaged around his bunk and four carrier bags but he couldn't remember what he was looking for. He had thought about it when he met that Prefect girl near the woods that same morning, and was sure he was going to talk to her about something. Whatever that was, though, he was pretty sure it was not more important than the one Chanyeol was missing. Tao had offered to help him look for it, but he couldn't answer his brother when asked what he was actually looking for. He was thinking he would probably remember it if he retraced his steps and go to the East Gate, but for some reason, he felt scared of going near those woods. If he was as agitated as this if he went to those woods, he might set it on fire.

It was the start of a really weird day for him. Another thing was that his new classmates were acting as if they were scared of the Prefect girl who strolled her way in at second period, missing the whole first period. No one really talked to her, and what Chanyeol couldn't understand was why they turned to him with an accusing look when she walked out of the classroom with Baekhyun.

"What did I do?" he asked, puzzled.

"How did Baekhyun do that?" the guy sitting behind Chanyeol asked. His name was Seokjin.

"Do what?"

"Talk to her!" Seokjin replied.

"Why is she deaf or retarded or something? She talked to me this morning, and she seemed fine." I mean, she talked to Chanyeol first ever since last night, didn't that count for anything?

"But its Eunhye!" Seokjin said that as if that explained the reason behind the stigma.

"She's a Prefect," offered Yura

"So?" argued another girl whose name Chanyeol couldn't remember. "You can talk to Gaeil and Heeseon fine. But not Eunhye."

"I think she's fine," argued yet another boyish girl, whose name Chanyeol thought was Amber. "We were lab partners last year."

"Okay," Chanyeol held out his hand in front of him as a sign of surrender. "First of all, I don't understand that Prefect thing. Second, I only talked to her twice and it's the first time I heard her name. How is that even spelled, exactly? And, for all of you to know, Baekhyun talks to EVERYONE, so I don't think it's that big of a deal." I really don't. No, I don't. REALLY.

"Okay," Seokjin sighed. "Let me tell you how that Prefect thing works. In this school, there are only three this year. There used to be five but the two already graduated last year and nobody passed the Prefect exam after the last one did on the opening of the school year. It's Eunhye's sister. They are the ones patrolling around the school and implement the rules. If they catch you breaking a rule, they are also the ones to decide if you'll get punished."

"Jin should know," Yura said, talking about Seokjin. "He took the Prefect exam."

"Yeah, it was NOT normal," Seokjin went on. "Anyway, Eunhye is like that one who is the freak among the freak, she perfected the whole three test. We took it together, and I didn't understand any of it." Amber snorted, and Jin gave her a look that made her mime zipping her lips shut. "She doesn't really talk much except to her fellow Prefects. Now, those other two are actually fine. We thought Gaeil would turn out like her sister, luckily she didn't."

"The way she creeps quietly though..." Yura said.

"I think I saw her near the East gate..." Chanyeol said, remembering that morning. "Uhm, yeah. I did. She was standing on top of the post. Pretty normal." He laughed at his own sarcasm.

"See? She's like that," Yura said, sitting back on her seat next to Chanyeol.

"Pretty hot," said Seokjin. "But way out of my league."

Yura rolled her eyes.

"You don't like her that much," Chanyeol noticed, stating the obvious. He could tell Yura didn't have anything good to say about Eunhye. And by the way everyone was agreeing with her, that Eunhye girl seemed to be the most unpopular student of the class. Somehow, that just made Chanyeol more curious about her.


************

Eunhye was used to the stigma of her own classmates, but she wasn't ready to hear another mind join that crowd. Unlike Chanyeol's though, Baekhyun's mind was a lot more comforting. He wanted to be friends with everyone, and he had a good sense of other people's moods. He was also genuinely funny, and his perspective of things actually had her smiling. And because of Eunhye's Ability, she could tell Baekhyun didn't know the extent of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter