Hey Classmate

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol stared at the ceiling, unconsciously playing with a tongue of fire around his fingers. He usually did that when he was thinking of something. His brothers were already sleeping, Baekhyun snoring the loudest and occassionally talking or mumbling something incomprehensible. 

They had to adjust to a new set of rules this time. In their first two years in this worlds, they soon realized that each city had their own regulations. Back in their planet, there was only one government, therefore everybody knew the rules that they should follow. In this world, though, everytime they had to move, they were bombarded with new regulations. By far, this was the strictest school they'd ever been to. Chanyeol personally loved the previous one, North Betelguese because they were able to discover their own interests and strengths. They used to do everything together, but back in Betel, they had learned new stuff like dancing, drama, sports, art--Kris most especially liked that, knowledge, and Chanyeol's favorite: music. But because of their luck, other students wouldn't be able to experience that for the next three years because the school had to temporarily close down. D.O. felt most guilty of all, but they all told him they would share the blame. They were one, after all. Who would look out for them but themselves, right?

Personally, Chanyeol blamed that Minhee girl. Or whoever she was. She caused all this trouble on them, and Chanyeol wanted to find her so bad, he almost went out on his own and hunt her down. Of course, he wouldn't do that. He didn't dismiss the thought, though.

Suddenly remembering something, he jumped from the bed. The two girls he saw that night! They were bound to know something. And he now knew where he saw that Prefect girl before. No wonder she looked familiar.

Baekhyun rolled over and grumbled, "Yeth, thir..." but went on sleeping. 

Chanyeol looked at the clock. It read 4:55 AM. He didn't get to sleep yet, but that was fine. He always had the problem sleeping, and he was not in the mood to fool himself into thinking he'd get some tonight. Throwing the blanket off him, he got up and got dressed.

"Hyung, where are you going?" Tao had heard him and was starting to get up, too.

"I'm heading out," he stated the obvious.

"Are you going to line up for breakfast already?" Tao asked again, rubbing sleep off his eyes. "I'll go with you."

"Sure," Chanyeol lied. He wanted to do it alone, and he wasn't hungry yet to line up for breakfast serving who-knows-what. "Go take a shower, I'll wait."

"Can't you go with me?" Tao hated to shower alone because of a traumatic experience before. However, Chanyeol wouldn't be able to escape if he did.

"I already did," he lied again.

Tao moved to Baekhyun's bed and shook his hyung awake. "Hyung, let's line up for breakfast."

Baekhyun opened one eye to look at Tao then shut it again. "Mmmm."

"Let's go shower."

"Yeth thir," Baekhyun said, holding a thumb up but not moving anything else. Tao started to threaten Baekhyun that he would drag him by the foot and wash his hair in the toilet and that got Baekhyun to sat up, half asleep.

"I'm going ahead," Chanyeol announced and walked out of their room.

This school seemed richer than their previous one, though. The dorm facilities actually had apartment-like units with three bedrooms, a bathroom in each one, and a common room. No kitchen, though. Apparently, they weren't allowed to cook inside the dorm building, which was another bust because Chanyeol liked to cook when he got stressed out, sometimes.

He found D.O. in the common room, lying on one of the couches. Old habits die hard, and D.O. was always the first one up to cook breakfast for them.

"You're up early," he commented on Chanyeol, seeing he was already dressed. "That's new."

"Couldn't sleep," Chanyeol admitted. "I'm gonna go get some air. Baekhyun and Tao are already preparing to line up for breakfast. You should, too."

"I'm going to try getting some more sleep. It's just five am."

"See ya later then," Chanyeol said and slipped out the door before D.O. changed his mind and decide he wanted to go with him.

He really had no problem with any of his brothers going with him when he confronted the Prefect girl. Seeing how she seemed to not like Chanyeol, he felt it better that he was alone if he embarrassed himself. Besides, his plan to take revenge on that evil girl wasn't actually welcome when he first suggested it to Suho.

The moment he got out of the dorm building, he was faced with yet another problem: the school campus was huge, and he didn't know where to look.


**********

Prefects lived in a separate House. At least the current Prefects do. Heeseon, the head Prefect was the Headmaster's daughter, therefore had a room at the Headmaster's House. The other two, Eunhye and Gaeil, were two orphan sisters who were taken in by the Headmaster, just like their two older brothers who served as Prefects before them, as well. And so it had become the Headmaster's decision that the Prefects would stay in the House instead of the dorms. It was also because old occurences several years back when Prefects were attacked by the regular students in their dorm rooms just to get back at them.

Currently there were three Prefects in the school. There used to be a lot more but the past three years, volunteers were scarce. The Headmaster blamed it on the degrading culture, and said youth now didn't want responsibilities. His daughter was the bossy type so she was ready to jump in to the role, and so did her friend and adoptive sister, Eunhye. A year later, Eunhye's sister joined in as well. As the Head Prefect, Heeseon was currently with the Student Council and oldest students in their educational vacation, leaving Eunhye and Gaeil to patrol. The two had a lot on their hands, being Guardians as well. Guardians didn't have anything to do with the school, more of the direct hand of the Order, and the students weren't really aware of the other position. This involved the true reason behind the Order establishing a school near the Borders.

Even with their hands full, Gaeil still found some time for herself. She didn't really have to be at the actual location to patrol, although she got nagged by her sister a lot for it. Her friend, Heejin, ended up sleeping over, gushing about the newcomers who came after Gate hours. The gates were supposed to be sealed shut after six pm but it seemed it had to be opened to let the twelve transfer students in. It was such a normal thing and so apparently everyone heard about it. It added to the fact that they were from the North, and Northerners didn't really go this far south. They didn't like the heat. Seeing that Eunhye still wasn't back from patrol told Gaeil she had her hands full. She felt bad for the students.

She didn't feel Eunhye come in that night, and she was already gone when Gaeil woke up the next morning--if she actually came home at all. Her sister wasn't really a big fan of sleeping, saying she felt like she was wasting time because their bodies didn't actually need to sleep. Their regeneration came in a different way.

Gaeil moved to rouse Heejin up. She didn't bring her uniform with her, and she'd need to prepare for class.

"I have to set out," she told her friend. "I'm on morning patrol."

"I thought you put Wards out? You don't really need to be on patrol." Heejin just rolled around and burried her face in the pillow.

"Yeah, but I wanted to go out and see for myself the new kids."

"Can I come with you?" her friend was suddenly wide awake.

"Sure," she said. "Can you jump through roofs?"

Heejin made a face at her and got up. "Fine. I'll see them in the Mess Hall anyway. Are you eating there?"

"Yep. Mess Hall sounds better than Eunhye-eonnie being in the kitchen."

"Why? She's a good cook."

"If you're into that stuff," Gaeil muttered, putting on her uniform in front of the mirror. In five minutes, she was done and was on her way out through the open window. "Gotta go."

"See ya in class."

Gaeil used to be dead scared of heights, but Eunhye took it away and taught her the techniques which she found very useful. Now, she had no problems travelling faster. It really came handy when she was late for class. She was almost to the Mess Hall where she was supposed to check first when she heard someone. She was jumping from the wall to the adjacent back entrance of the Mess Hall.

"No way!" A blonde haired guy was on his way to the back entrance when he saw Gaeil leap. "How did you do that?"

"Jumping," Gaeil said, not finding the right words to say. Her brain was still half asleep that she let her guard down and didn't See this coming. Sure, she wanted to get a good look at the newcomers whom she'd Seen coming even months back, but she didn't want any of them getting a good look at her. She didn't want them to recognize her.

"Kai, I just saw her jump to the roof," the blonde said. Another boy came out from the building to join him.

"Really? Like Kris-hyung?"

"Nope, she just jumped from there to the roof. With her legs."

How was she supposed to jump? With her hands? Her head? There was no time to retort to his weird choice of words because Gaeil just had to get away from them. She recognized the blonde guy after a few seconds and bolted away, jumping to the roof of the Mess Hall. She would be patrolling somewhere else for now. 


**************


Eunhye, just like her sister, did not actually need to be at the location to be patrolling. She just loved terrorizing the students, especially these days that the Student Council weren't breathing down her neck. But that morning, she wanted to be alone, far from all the noise that she already learned to tune out. And so she was there at the East Gate, where none of the sane students visit. There was a rumor even before she got to the school that this part of the school grounds were cursed. Of course, Eunhye knew that wasn't true. The perpetrators happened to be her "older brother" who also served as a Guardian in his time. She was standing on one of the posts of the East Gate, watching the woods outside. She just came from a run around the walls outside and she was taking her rest before she did patrol inside the campus.

She liked the quiet, where she could think properly without other people's thoughts corrupting her own. She was born like that, and got into trouble for it. Because of her Ability, she had matured faster than any of her friends or even most adults, taking away her childhood. When her first Abilities started to show, she thought people were talking to her secretly and that it was a normal thing to do. However, when she talked to her mother about it, she shut Eunhye up and made her swear she would never read other people's mind again. That was when she learned about what would happen if people knew about her, and what it was considered to be at their time. And so she learned to keep quiet and watched in the background.

Eunhye was enjoying her solitude when she suddenly saw her face in someone's mind. In a few moments, she saw Chanyeol spying her by the gate and approaching her.

"You," he said. Not one word had ever been more confusing.

"What do you want?" Eunhye asked in uninterested voice.

"You were there that night, weren't you?"

"What are you talking about?" She knew there was no point denying it because he clearly saw her. At the convenience store and when they jumped off the roof of their apartment building.

"When the school was destroyed," Chanyeol went on. "I saw you there. Now that I remember it, I even saw you at the convenience store."

"You mean the hurricane?" That was what the news said about it. That was what she wanted those people to remember it as, and not a Fury pretending to look like a teenage girl and harnessing ancient forces to bend the elements to her will. "And the earthquake? No. I never go north."

"I saw you," Chanyeol insisted. "You were with another girl."

 She chuckled. "I'm not into that kind of hobby."

"What?" he asked, confused. It took him a moment to realize what she meant. "No, I mean you were with someone. You were at the convenience store, and when I saw you next, you two were exciting the building."

"Are you sure we were exiting a building?" she asked. Technically, they were never in the building at all. With her skillset, she didn't need to.

Chanyeol got more confused. He tried to remember what he saw, but that was going away from the point. There was a whole different reason why he wanted to approach her. He had to talk to her about that girl who threatened them.

"You didn't see anything." Eunhye walked up to him and held his gaze. This wasn't the right time for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter