Chapter 30

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are you going?" Luhan asked when Kris stood up after eating. 

Lunch was in the Mess Hall and the food was better. After hearing about a new cook there, they had tried it out and found out it was finally pretty decent. Even the other students were commenting on it saying they could finally feel they were still a part of the city instead of being on the outskirts. To Kris, however, it didn't really change much. He just didn't have the appetite.

"I'm just going out for some air." Kris stashed his tray on the bin and raised one hand out to bade them goodbye. 

He had a lot on his mind and for some reason, he didn't feel like sharing it with anyone. He went to an empty classroom and sat down by the window overlooking the woods behind the building. It was the classroom at the end of east wing and none of the students actually went there because it was known to be haunted. He never belived in ghosts, despite Tao claiming seeing them with his own eyes. He leaned his chair back, balancing it on the two hind legs, reached inside his pocket and took out his Parchment. One of the rules still remained even after their second test was over: not to tell anyone about their own words. Kris wondered if that was meant for him.

DRAGON.

Did he look as monstrous as the creature was? He knew he was tall, but to be called a dragon... And that didn't explain his levitation problems at all. As he watched his brothers read their own revelations, they seemed to be surer what they were supposed to be capable of, but Kris was left questioning everything that he knew about himself.

Do you see now?

He heard the voice loud and clear and he was so surprised that he fell backwards, hitting his head. Cursing, he got up and uprighted the chair, looking around. There was no one inside the classroom, but him. He could still feel the looming presence of the deepest voice he had ever heard in his entire life, on this planet and the previous one. It had sounded like it was coming from hundred miles under the ground.

"Who's there?"

He was answered by silence. Of course he was alone.

Kris cleared his throat loudly and put the chair back atop the table exactly how he found it when he came into the room and headed out. Maybe he should start listening to Tao.


*****************

Avalanche opened Kim Taeyeon's eyes after a week of living in a different vessel. She looked around the room and didn't recognize it at all. It was way prettier than the teacher's original shabby unit in the teacher's quarters. The ceiling was high, and the walls were covered in an elegant wallpaper that she doubted the teacher would be able to afford. The floorboards were maplewood and the bed was four times more comfortable. How did this simpleton get this luxury, Ava wanted to know.

She walked over to a vanity mirror and check out her reflection. The familiar eyes of Kim Taeyeon stared back at her. Something was different today. It wasn't just the room.

"Who are you?"

Ava froze and she turned around to face the person with her inside the room. She felt the color drain from her face as she looked at Jung Eunhye in the eye.

Kim Taeyeon stared back at Eunhye but the presence was someone else. It was just a part of someone and that was why Eunhye was having a hard time reading what was in her mind. She could only reach fragments, and she sifted through them to find what she was looking for.

"What are you doing here?" whoever it was that Kim Taeyeon was said to her.

"This is my room," Eunhye said. She still scanned the mind while she preoccupied her with talking. She could grasp few of the thoughts. Avalanche. The Three Scrolls. Eunhye tried to reach out more and it was the first time for her to really concentrate on someone's thoughts. She was used to tuning them out. However, this time, she looked far out, way behind the presence inside Kim Taeyeon's mind. And she connected.

She saw where the person was.

"What do you want?" Eunhye went on, pulling herself back to where she was. 

"So you know I'm not her?" Ava held her chin high and met Eunhye's cold stare. She should know she wasn't the only strong one around. Ava smiled. "I didn't know you were that close to this teacher."

There was a knock on the door and Eunhye was distracted for a moment. Ava pulled herself back to her own body and Kim Taeyeon's unconscious one fell on the floor but not before Eunhye could catch her. She made the teacher sit on the bed. "Are you okay?"

Kim Taeyeon looked at her, confused. "Huh? What happened?"

"Nothing. Just rest here, Professor." After helping Taeyeon on the bed, Eunhye ran out of the room to find Avalanche. She finally knew who it was.


*************

Kris flew over the fields, the forest and buildings and the mountain. He knew he was over the school grounds and that he was levitating again. Part of him was afraid that someone would recognize him, but there was another part in Kris that wanted to be seen. He wanted to be free and to come out of hiding. Up there, he was able to be with himself by being himself. He didn't need to pretend to be normal because up where no one else could reach him, he was normal.

The wind from the west and Kris felt it. He welcomed it. Deciding he was out of people's view anyway, he decided to fly. He lifted himself even higher and felt the wind beat against his wings.

Hang on. Kris never had wings. Yet he felt them. He looked to his side and almost fell back to the ground as a silver scaly wing faced him. He looked to his other side and there was another one. What scared him more, though, was the talons at the end of each wing. He was hideous. Kris screamed and suddenly felt himself falling...

There was a loud thud when Kris hit the carpetted floor. Chen, who was sleeping on the bed on the opposite side, opened an eye to stare at Kris.

"Hyung," Chen protested. "If you levitate in your sleep, can you please stay up there?"

"Sorry."

Picking himself up, Kris went back under the covers, feeling his arms making sure they were not full of scales, and checking if his nail beds were still there.

He reached under his pillow to pull out his parchment. Dragon, it said. The clock read 4:35AM but Kris didn't feel like going back to sleep. He was afraid he'd grew scales again, even if it was in his dreams. He got up and thought to make himself a cup of coffee.


*************


Eunhye liked to run and she did every dawn, covering the whole school ground's perimeter in just a few minutes. At this time of the day, most people were asleep and it was easier for her to tune out their subconscious in the background, and that helped her think. She was also looking for something. Someone. She had to find who was the Presence she saw in Taeyeon's mind. She never liked being in someone else's head, but now that she couldn't reach that mind, she grew more agitated. She had felt that presence before. She didn't like it then, and she most certainly did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter