That Girl

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay stared at the ceiling of their new room. He still stayed in one room with Kai, Suho and Chen. Suho was in the shower, and would be for the next forty five minutes, and the other two were outside of the room, probably exploring the House. They had officially moved in that night. There were five more people suffering as that girl had. Lay felt the pain for a few moments, but it was enough to spook him. He couldn't imagine those other patients in the same predicament. He looked at his hands, and wondered if he would be able to do it again. He couldn't stand it that someone had to suffer that bad.

Lay got up and knocked on the bathroom door. "Hyung, I'm stepping out for a bit."

Suho turned off the shower for a few seconds to listen to Lay. "Okay, Just don't go into the woods!"

When he got out of the room, he bumped into Baekhyun, who seem to have lost his way on the hallways.

"Did you see Eunhye?" he asked Lay, who shook his head. "Where are you going?"

"Uh... I was going to the Infirmary."

Baekhyun knew what his hyung was up to. "Okay, I'll go with you."

They made their way out of the House, but ran into Eunhye at the entrance. It was already past the lights off time, and students were not supposed to be out at that time.

"Where are you going?" she asked them.

"To get some air," Baekhyun lied easily.

She gave him a knowing look. "Just because you're a Prefect doesn't mean you can break the rules as you please."

"I'm not going to break any! In fact, we were going to implement the rules. Uh, make sure the students are not roaming around past curfew." Baekhyun saw the look on her face and decided not to push it. "Okay, we'll just  go back."

***********


It was Saturday the next morning, and there were no academic classes, but Sehun was already outside the house before the sun was even up. No matter how he tried, he couldn't go back to sleep. Kris was talking in his sleep again, and Sehun didn't understand what he was saying. The guy could speak four languages, and he sometimes used them in one sentence that only he could understand. Frustrated, Sehun got up after thirty minutes of rolling over and trying to go back to sleep. He went outside, wanting to see what was at the backyard of the House, which could not be seen in the proper school campus.

Hartwood was what it was called. It was the patch of forest behind the House. Last night, Sehun had been looking for Gaeil and he accidentally overheard her talking with her sister and the other Prefect-noona, Heeseon. They said the woods didn't have what plant they were looking for, and the poison might actually be created or enhanced in a laboratory. He only heard two sentences because they abruptly stopped talking as if they knew he was listening. 

Back to the present, Sehun heard some noise, thanks to his abnormal hearing, coming from inside the woods. He then heard a girl's voice. Concerned, and wanting to use his authority as Prefect now that they were officially Badged, he went in to tell the girl to get out of Hartwood.

He came to a small clearing and he suddenly had to avoid a whizzing arrow that went past him, only an inch away from his head.

"Whoa!"

There stood Gaeil, blindfolds on, and she was holding a shortbow. Blocks of wood were tied up on some of the trees that seemed to be her target practice, though how she hit them with her eyes with blindfolds, Sehun had no idea. And the blocks were swaying because of the wind, she couldn't possibly hit them. But all of those blocks had arrows stuck to them.

"What the--"Gaeil took off her blindfolds to look at him.

"How did you do that?" Sehun, awed, walked excitedly towards her. "Can you really hit them with your blindfold on?"

"What are you doing here?"

Sehun told her how he got to the woods. But he still pressed on about the arrows and the swaying blocks. "Show me how to use that thing."

"This?" she waved the bow. "O-okay." 

She handed it to him, and their hands slightly touched. She showed him how to notch the arrow and how to aim, again touching hands. Gaeil cleared and stepped back, telling him to aim at one tree that already had the carving of a target. He released the arrow and knew he'd hit the target. But thinking of something, he slightly blew on the arrow and it missed the whole tree entirely.

"Was it the wind?" Sehun asked stupidly. "Or was my aim bad?"

"You're not pulling on the string right."

"Really? Can you show me that again?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter