Students in Office

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao and Chanyeol passed by the common room and saw the Announcement board, which Heeseon put up over the weekend so she didn't have to announce everyday their designated schedules of duty, saying she didn't want to have to announce fifteen names so early in the morning. She made a mandate that everyone look at it every day instead of going to the Prefects office -- which was currently undergoing repairs after an unexplained incident between Eunhye and Yunho. None of the twelve knew what happened, only that the room needed to be closed for the next three days for repair.

"Why do I get the West Woods again?" Tao complained. "I don't like it there. Hyung, let's trade."

Chanyeol looked at his designation and he was on grade school duty again. He had been to all parts the school except for the woods, may it be East, West or South Woods. Not that he was complaining, he liked watching the kids as they played. He just felt that whoever was assigning their duties to them were a bit biased. Tao's offer sounded enticing, just for a tinge of rebellion.

"Did you see the Prefect Office?" Chanyeol asked Tao, trying to make a point. "Do you want our room to look like that? No duty trades, remember?"

Tao went to the kitchen, pouting. They were the last ones to enter the dining hall, and those who had morning duties were already leaving. Ever since their training as Prefect, it had become a habit for them to get up early, and so all of them are already in their uniforms.

"Coffee?" Soojung, one of the female Prefects handed Chanyeol a cup. "Chorong-unnie made it."

Chanyeol took it when she said that. He'd drink anyone's coffee except for--

"Where's Eunhye-noona?" Tao asked Soojung, making Chanyeol choke. 

Lately, Chanyeol was having this feeling that someone was inside his head. He also had a suspicion who that someone was. Now, he had been too sensitive about people sensing what he was about to say or what he was thinking. And even if he didn't consciously thought of it, he had been looking for Eunhye the moment he walked into the kitchen.

"Professor Taeyeon came here earlier and they went out," Soojung told Tao. Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun choking on his French toast. "She also said to remind you not to trade duties with anyone unless you go to Heeseon-eonnie. She's the one designating the duties."

"I want cereal," Chanyeol announced to no one in particular, just to stop himself from listening about any conversation involving their Head Guardian.

No one talked about what they really wanted to talk about--the second test. They knew each other so well already that even eyes could make conversation. Each of them wanted to tell even just one person about their parchment. Somehow, for Chanyeol, there was something more to it that just that. And Eunhye was definitely something more than she let on.


**********


"This is very alarming," Kim Taeyeon told Eunhye as they went to Eunhye's room to talk. This was her first year as a professor in the school after her graduation, but she had served as a Prefect when she was still in South Lemorian with Yunho and Changmin so they knew each other before. 

Lately, she had been having black outs. At first, it started as a few minutes, then an hour, then several hours, and this time, it had been three days. What concerned Eunhye was that when she Tapped into Taeyeon's memories, she didn't have any recollection of the last three days, as if she didn't exist at all. Another concerning thing was that just yesterday, Eunhye had seen the teacher go to her classes without any problems.

"You have been avoiding me these past weeks," Eunhye told her teacher. "You even gave our class to Yunho..." Which was why Eunhye had to spend double periods with her Warder. "And everytime I go to your room, you're not there."

"Maybe I should take a break for a while," Taeyeon said, looking at her hands. She had always wanted to be a teacher. The Headmaster and the Order had been the only ones who helped her become someone. They gave her a roof over her head and even sent her to school. "All of these happened after that poisoning. I couldn't even remember how I got poisoned in the first place."

"Where will you go?" Eunhye asked, worried. She wanted Taeyeon to stay in the campus, at least long enough for Eunhye to figure out what was going on. She had her theories, but she couldn't put them to test because of lack of information.

"Maybe go back to the Order, first," the teacher thought. "Do some paperwork..."

Eunhye mimed vomitting. "Why don't you stay here in the House like before," she suggested. "Going to the Order to do paperwork will be suicide. You can take a break for a couple of weeks if you're really not feeling well, and stay here to heal."

"That's the thing. I don't feel anything wrong with my body, so I couldn't understand why I was having blackouts."

"I'll talk to the Headmaster about your break."


**********


Kris, Xiumin and Luhan made their way to their building to get to class, passing by the entrance to the school dorm. There were about half a dozen buses parked outside, and Xiumin wondered who were the ones who arrived with them.

"Gaeil said they're the fifth year students."

This country they were at had five levels for highschool, with the last two years for specializations before they set out for their professional preparation for two more years (which was the same as college in other countries). The three of them were in Year 4.

"You and Eunhye seemed to be awfully close," Xiumin told Luhan, noticing things that he had been observing. He knew his brother, and Luhan had been extra nice to the girl.

"We're not."

"I thought you had eyes for the other new Prefect," Kris said. "You told me last week. What was her name again?"

"Chorong," Luhan answered too quickly. He tripped on the staircase and almost fell to his face if he hadn't pushed some of his will to stop his fall. However, he pushed too forcefully and he fell backwards instead, bumping into someone. "Oww!"

"Ouch."

Luhan turned to look at the girl he bumped into and suddenly choked on his own tongue. "Chorong, hi."

"Are you okay?" Chorong asked him. "Do you want to go to the infirmary?"

"I-I'm fine. You?"

"You just stepped on my foot. No big deal."

Xiumin and Kris were snickering behind Luhan and he suddenly had the urge to run away. "Let's get to class," he told them, instead. "I'm really sorry, Chorong."

He knew Chorong was in Suho's class and she had to go a different way. She bade them goodbye and went down the other hallway.

"So who is it gonna be?" Xiumin asked him when they got to their classroom. "Chorong or Eunhye?"

"What are you talking about?" Luhan asked, trying to avoid the subject. He couldn't really tell them yet that Eunhye was his long lost sister. And there was no way he was going to tell them he had eyes for a girl. "Prefects are not allowed to date."

"WHAT?!"


**********


When D.O. walked into cooking class that morning, he went right up to the counter he shared with Chareen. She was already there, catching up with some of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter