Silent conversations

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D.O. had no idea what he was supposed to do there so he just sat by Chareen's bedside and watched quietly. There had been three other students brought to the infirmary with the same symptoms. It was loud inside because of one or two of the patients occasionally screaming. D.O. was sure they could help Chareen, if not all of the patient inside here. He felt guilty for not seeing that his partner wasn't feeling well. If he had known, she would have been brought to the infirmary much earlier. D.O. looked at the sleeping girl and thought about ways to get Lay inside the Infirmary and get him to heal her. 

"D.O." His bright eyes looked up at Eunhye. "Are you okay here, alone?"

"Yeah," D.O. replied. "I'm not the one in the sick bed."

"What happened?" she asked. "Did you see her go in the woods today?"

"The nurse asked me the same question," he mused. "I didn't see her before cooking class. I can't be of help."

"What were you doing when she collapsed?"

"We were making tarts," D.O. said, looking at his hands. He watched at Eunhye examined Chareen, herself. 

There was a noise outside and another patient was brought in. This time, it was a teacher, Kim Taeyeon. The nurses rushed to her and laid her on one bed. Eunhye did the same. From where he was, he watched her help the nurses as if she knew what she was doing. 

"How did Taeyeon get infected?" nurse Tiffany asked to no one in particular, apparently in first name terms with the teacher. "Poor Taeyeon. It must hurt."

Hearing this D.O. looked at Chareen again. He really needed to get Lay in there.


************

"You know what's happening, don't you?"

Gaeil looked away from Luhan. They were guarding the Eastwoods together. Heeseon didn't know about Luhan so it was an innocent mistake. "I just know what Eunhye told me."

"You and Eunhye." This was the time for Luhan to ask her. He couldn't get a  from Eunhye so he figured Gaeil would be the right person to ask. "Is it just the two of you or did you have a brother?"

Gaeil knew he was going to ask this. She didn't even have to Look. "No. There's Heeseon-unnie. Then there's Changmin-oppa and Yunho-oppa. They're currently working for the Order. The two also went to school here."

"You had two brothers?" Luhan felt like a fool for actually concocting a theory that this innocent girl would be his sister. " He even asked Heeseon to assign him wherever she assigned Gaeil, earning an accusing look from Sehun. The latter was stationed at the back of the Mess Hall with the Prefect-transfer, JB.

"I used to have a sister," Luhan said. "Two, actually."

Gaeil tried to channel her inner-Eunhye and kept a straight face. No wonder her sister's face was so stiff, it was hard to hide her expressions. "Where are they now?" She tried to sound as curious as anyone with no relation to Luhan would.

"They died in a tragic accident with my parents." Yeah, Luhan. You watched as the planet swallowed everything. "I wasn't there with them that's why I'm still alive."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Luhan said. "It felt like a hundred years ago. I'm fine. Thank you, though."

There was an awkward silence between them. Luhan felt stupid for even thinking that this girl could be...

"Eunhye thinks they got poisoned by a wild flower that recently sprouted in the woods," Gaeil said in answer to his first question. "So we can only minimize the injuries if we keep them away from the woods. She and Heeseon already found some shrubs. So until all shrubs are cleared, no one can enter the woods."

"Why would anyone want to enter the woods in the first place?" Luhan muttered.

She shrugged. "Plenty of reasons. Students here are already used to the trees so no one's really afraid of it anymore. The Green Woods by the East entrance, for example, is the favorite place of lovers dating in this school. Regular students unlike the Student Council and Prefects are allowed to date, see."

Luhan was nodding to every word she said, until he realized her last information. "Prefects are not allowed to date?"

"Yep. That was decided last year. Prior to that, it was just the Student Council that weren't allowed."

"What changed?"

Gaeil snorted, as if telling Luhan he shouldn't have asked. "The Head Prefect and the Head Guardian changed." 

"What did the Head Guardian have to do with the decision of the Head Prefect?"

"They're best friends..." Gaeil said, rolling her eyes. "And they both had a crush on the Student Council President prior to that, and so they decided to be fair, they would not date anyone. Don't ask me, I'm the youngest!" she said that in reaction to Luhan's accusing look. "That rule was already there when I signed up. It did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter