Answers and More Questions

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen could not take it anymore. It was just one more day that they had left for the second test, and he still haven't figured out anything. Right after their class, he pulled D.O. aside.

"We need to talk."

"You don't need to troll me around, Chen," D.O. said, following Chen to their post. They were both stationed on the North gate to take note of who would go out and come back before the gates closed. "We have the same assignment."

They were by the Gate and had been there for thirty minutes and no one even came near the gate. For students who had been locked in this school, they sure did not have the rebellious streak one would ecpect from them. 
Maybe it was because there wasn't really anything within ten mile radius but more woods and the next sign of civilization was a good half hour drive.

"Did you look at your test?" Chen asked D.O. not for the first time.

"We're not supposed to talk about it."

"Well," Chen started, chewing on his lower lip. "There is nothing to talk about anyway. Mine is empty."

"What?!" D.O.'s eyes went wide upon hearing this. "What do you mean it's empty?"

"There's nothing written on it, unless it's some sort of invisible ink or something."

"No kidding."

"I have to tell Eunhye they gave me the wrong parchment."

"I don't think it's the wrong parchment."

"How do you know?"

"Mine's empty, too."


***************

Chanyeol could not believe it. Sehun had told him why he was looking for Gaeil or Eunhye. For two days already, they could not find the two professors who were supposed to be their Examiners. Now Sehun was telling him he got the same dilemma as Chanyeol. The empty Parchment. A language lesson that did not have any word in it. A test of loyalty and commitment...

"We were not supposed to tell anyone about what was written, but I got nothing." Sehun looked exasperated. "Why would they give us something like this. And you're telling me yours doesn't say anything either. What's going on here?"

They were told not to tell anyone about what was written on their parchment. But since there wasn't anything written on it...

This sounded exactly like one of Eunhye's brainy tricks. She had shrugged it off when he told her about it the other day, which meant he wasn't given the wrong parchment.

"Sehun, we need to call everyone. I think I know what this test is supposed to be."
Within ten minutes that night, all twelve of them were gathered in Chanyeol's room. He wondered of he needed to call Eunhye, too, to tell her their progress, but he wanted to be sure of his theory first before he told her anything.

"What do you mean you figured it out?" Suho asked Chanyeol. "I thought we were not supposed to discuss anything about our words."

"That's exactly why we have to talk about it." Chanyeol stood up to address them but Xiumin pulled him back to his bed saying he was already tall enough. "Does any of you have anything written on their parchment?"

There was silence. For a moment.

"You mean yours is empty, too?" Luhan asked.

"I thought I was already rejected," Baekhyun confessed. "So I didn't bother asking."

"See," Chanyeol said to them. "We weren't supposed to tell anyone about the word written in our parchments..."

"But there's nothing to say because there's nothing written." Kai finished his sentence for him.

"They said it was a test of loyalty and commitment as well as a language test," Suho said. "Maybe we figured out the first part, which is probably loyalty to each other... and commitment because we gathered to discuss this test so that all of us could figure it out at the same time...to be sure we would all pass. But the language part..." He took his Parchment out of his pocket and opened it.

It was not empty anymore.

And Suho recognized the writing. He would recognize it anywhere, at any time and he knew what the certain word meant. It was written in their language back then in EXO Planet. And his parchment said WATER.

"What is it?" Tao asked when his hyung turned pale. "What's wrong?" He tried to look at Suho's parchment but it was empty. "There's nothing here."

"Tao," Chanyeol told him. "Look at your own parchment."

Tao did as he was told, and felt like Xiumin had splashed him with a whole barrel of ice cubes. His parchment which was empty the last time he checked it said TIME in a language he thought he had forgotten.

The others followed suit and opened their own parchments. Kai stared at the word SPACE, and the word STRENGTH faced D.O.

"This is..." Luhan tried to speak after he saw TELEKINESIS written on his. He never learned that word even back on their own planet but he somehow knew what it said.

Chanyeol pocketed his, and it said FIRE. He could figure out what theirs said. "Our Abilities."

Chen's said THUNDER, Lay could read HEALING, and Baekhyun was convinced that he read his as LIGHT. Xiumin's parchment said FROST and Sehun's said WIND.

Kris was the last to take out his. Everyone was already doing it and evenbthough he could care less, he was curious as to what his would say. He expected to see LEVITATION or FLIGHT but it said something else. DRAGON. Kris felt his chest tighten.

"I see you've passed your second test."

They all turned at the door where Eunhye stood. She was still in her uniform even though patrol hours had already passed. "Good work."

"How is this a language lesson?" Kai questioned.

"You already know the language. It just had to remind you what it was." She looked as if there wasn't just a huge revelation that happened a few seconds earlier. "Now I have to report that we have twelve Guardians ready for the Oath." She started to leave.

"Who are you?" Suho's question stopped her. "Why do you know our language?"

"It was the very first one I learned." She turned to Luhan. You can tell them now. I'll explain the rest later, but I have to go now. 

Luhan nodded in response and took a deep breath. Taking his affirmative, Eunhye walked out back to the hallway so she could tell her brothers about the results. She knew they were going to make it, but she didn't know it would take them this long to figure it out. She was actually impressed that Chanyeol was the one who had the idea first.

Speaking of Chanyeol, he ran after her just as Luhan was about to tell them who she was.

"We are not the only survivors," Luhan told his brothers. "They came here even before our whole planet had been destroyed."

"You knew this and you didn't tell us?" Kai asked him.

"She didn't want me to."

"Why?"

"I only recently knew about it myself," Luhan said. "And I personally had to prepare myself to tell you what I am going to say now." He took a deep breath. "Eunhye is my sister."

"WHAT?!"

"Your sister?!"

Luhan nodded. "She was sent by our mother here to escape something. You see, after I was captured, they were, as well. All our families were. They were kept in this place they called Isolation where the immediate families were closely monitored for any sign of... Abilities... like ours. And also to keep them from telling everybody about our existence."

"I don't get it," Suho said, his hands rubbing his temples. "Why here? Why now? Why didn't she find us sooner?"

"I don't know," Luhan admitted. "All I know is they were sent here, and they weren't the only ones."

"Hang on," Sehun said amid all this. "If Eunhye is your sister... then so is Gaeil." Luhan nodded. "I knew it! I knew she was special!" Everyone stared at Sehun. He cleared his throat. "I mean..."

"Yeah, yeah," Kris said, smiling.

"Someone's in luuurrvvvv," Baekhyun said.

"Yep," Chen said, looking at the door. "And another one just ran off." He stood up. "Well, I'm off to bed. Who's with me?" All of them started to rise and go to their respective rooms. That was one hell of a night for them.


*********

"You gotta explain a lot more than that."

Eunhye kept walking despite Chanyeol's loud accusing voice. He wanted to shake the truth out of her. He used his long legs to catch up to her, and he grabbed her arm to force her to face him. When he did, he felt pain on his hand and he let go immediately. He couldn't believe he just got burned. He was immune to fire. No it wasn't fire. He never knew how it felt to be burned. But she did, and she put it on his head.

"I know," Eunhye said, facing him. "But tonight I'm really busy, so be a bit patient. For a change."

"I know you."

She smiled and Chanyeol could feel the hint of sarcasm behind it. "Of course you do. I'm your Head Guardian."

"No. You." It seemed a bit clear to Chanyeol now. He understood why he had that dream about the day of his capture after all these years. She triggered it, even if she didn't mean to. "You were the reason they captured me."

Eunhye saw it in his mind. He remembered that time her mother had brought her and her sister to a friend's house after running away from the Council. She saw how she saw it in his eyes, the same way she did back then. She knew how he felt and that was how she knew he would not be able to hurt her, and so she coaxed him into using his fire. He had to be able to control it so he wouldn't be captured the same way that the Keepers did to her brother. She had a dozen reasons more why she Pushed him to do it, and she didn't even know she was using her Abilities. She just thought she was v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter