Emergency Deployment

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It turned out that Prefect status were carried over even upon campus transfers. Both Minho and JB were Prefects in their previous school, and were still under the same Oath--whatever that was--although they had a choice to resume the status. JB, just like Minho, had his own reasons for resuming the office. It went beyond any Oath. It was the dying wish of his late mother. And there was no way he was going to let Minho live in the house while he was sleeping in the dorms. So there was JB, posting the final list of passers of the Prefects Exam two days ago.

"It took them two days to get to that list?" Kris asked as he and Luhan made their way over. 

"The exam was only part of the actual Test," a voice behind them suddenly said. They turned to see Heeseon, the Head Prefect. "What comes after is the bigger part."

"Comes after what, exactly?" Luhan asked.

"You were all observed after the examinations," Heeseon explained. The exam was just a way for Eunhye to evaluate them one by one, and it took two days because there were fifteen of them, but she wasn't going to tell them that. "If you were fit for the responsibilities you signed up for. Orientation is at the house at 7pm sharp." She turned and walked away from them.

Kai and Tao were already looking at the list JB had just posted. Twelve of them made it, and another guy, Nam Taehyun, and two girls, Jung Soojung and Park Cheorong.

"Those two girls are going to live in the House, too?" Tao asked Luhan.

"I think so."

Kai and Tao gave each other high fives and went ahead to their class. Luhan and Kris did the same, meeting up with Xiumin at the door of their classroom and told him the news. Xiumin made a small dance before following his brothers inside the classroom. Finally, decent food. All they needed was D.O. and Chanyeol and a kitchen.

Luhan stared at the board while the professor talked. He tried to listen, but his mind was elsewhere. Eunhye. He hadn't seen her after the exams, which was not normal. For the three weeks they'd been here, he always saw her around, walking on walls, or just creating pure terror along the halls. Luhan feels like she's avoiding him. He already tried to go to Chanyeol's room twice as soon as the bell rang for dismissal but he always missed her at the right moment. He wanted to ask her a lot of things.

Luhan-oppa.

Luhan looked around at the sound he heard. Someone had called him, but no one was looking at him. The halls outside their classrooms were empty. It was as if he'd imagined the whole thing.

Oppa. It's me. Don't look around, I'm not there. Listen. After the last period, meet me in the Westwoods. I'll tell you everything.

"Who are you?"

The professor suddenly stopped talking(about the history of Lemorian), and those sitting around Luhan turned to look at him. He scratched the back of his head.

"I meant, can I have the lavatory pass, sir?"

"No."

Some of those beside him snickered. He was already getting the stigma after his name had been on that list on the Announcement Board. He ignored them and stared at the board ahead.


***************

It was cooking class again and D.O. smiled as he stirred through the filling he was mixing for the tart they were going to bake. At least he was cooking again. He looked at his partner and saw that she was pale.

"Are you okay?" he asked her when she stepped back and almost lost her balance if D.O. didn't catch her. "Shall I take you to the Infirmary?"

"I-I'm fine. Just a little dizzy."

D.O. pulled up a chair and made her sit there. "Just sit down for a bit, I'll do the dough." He went to work, flattening the dough and putting them on the cups, putting weights on them. He turned to check on his partner. "This will only take a--"

There was a thump when Chareen fainted, spilling the weight balls on the floor. D.O. went down right away to help her up. Miss Victoria rushed to them as D.O. tried to carry her up. The girl was already coming to, and she was struggling. The more D.O. looked, the more he was convinced she was turning green.

"We need to take her to the Infirmary, now."

D.O. gave up on trying to lift her in his arms and made Chareen ride his back. He ran towards the infirmary, hearing soft moans of pain and ragged breathing from the girl on his back, their instructor at his heels.

"What happened?" Tiffany, the Nurse asked when D.O. laid the sick girl on one of the beds.

"She just collapsed," D.O. said. "Is she going to be okay?"

Tiffany went to attend to the girl after a hurried yes, and closed the curtains around her and the bed. The n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter