We Are One

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho was used to being the responsible one after leading eleven boys ever since they got to this place. Kris had promised to help, but it seemed like the tall guy just grew his height but was still stuck in puberty. A big evidence to that was the tallest member being sprawled on the floor, playing with Chanyeol and Chen, trying to get each other's snapback off.

"Anyone hungry?" he asked his brothers. They weren't actually brothers, but they had been together since they could remember, they were as good as a wolf pack. They had been together long before they even got to this world. "Shouldn't we order dinner?"

Every pair of eyes shot up to Suho at the mention of food. Eleven mouths launched into arguements about which food to order.

"C'mon guys," said Suho. "Decide on the food already, I'm hungry."

"I had bosam yesterday, I don't want to eat that again," cried Chanyeol, crossing his arms in front of him.

"Seasoned chicken," suggested Kai.

"I like that," Kris agreed.

"How many should we order?" Luhan asked.

"BUT I WANT BOSAM!" Chen was throwing a tantrum on their living room floor.

"Eat alone then, Hyung," Sehun told Chen.

They had been arguing like that for ten minutes and Suho was only getting hungrier by the second. He sat down next to Kyungsoo, who was the only one silent, after letting Baekhyun have a piece of his mind with a blow on the shoulder. He had voted for a spicy jjajangmyun, and he felt like he did his part and just sat there, amused at the others.

After ten more minutes, they did come up with the final list, and Suho called their usual restaurant to place their order.

"Suho-hyung," Sehun poked him on the shoulder. "I want to buy a chocolate bar. Let's go to the vending machine."

It was obvious that Sehun was asking for money to buy the chocolate bar, but Suho didn't mind. He went along, thinking of the sugar content of the junkfood Sehun wanted, considering going back to their house instead of Sehun getting a midnight sugar rush. The vending machine stood at the end of the main hallway just outside their apartment unit.

"Don't you feel cold?" Sehun asked out of the blue, shiverring as he said that.

"Now that you mentioned it," Suho thought. "Yeah, I am." The moment Sehun mentioned the weather, Suho felt a chill down his spine and involuntarily pulled his jacket closer.

"Xiumin-hyung come out now," Sehun said, stopping at his tracks and turning around to face the dark hallway. Silence followed. "He's not here?"

"Don't think so," Suho replied. He was the one who was most linked to Xiumin because of their Abilities.

Long before they came to Earth, they were living in an entirely different environment, in an entirely different planet. It was known to them as the EXO Planet, although they did not get to spend most of their lives there. That was because the twelve of them were believed to be the ones who would one day destroy their planet, and so they were imprisoned in the Twin Worlds. People in their planet used to have Abilities just like the twelve of them had, but that was three hundred millenia ago, and possessing them in their era seemed like an abomination, which was why they were captured. Suho was the first one to be captured, and he had to stay in the Twin Worlds alone for two long years before Kris came.

Suho had the Ability to control water. The Twin Worlds didn't have any of his element, and so he wasn't able to use his abilities for the whole time he was there, that he almost forgot he had it. Xiumin, who was his 'twin' and was thrown to the other half of the Prison, had the ability to use Frost. The two of them were supposed to work together--if Suho's miniscule memory of his history lessons served him right. They were supposed to complement each other's Abilities, which was exactly why they were separated.

The Twin Worlds were like two sides of one mirror--they could only see each other but never touch or hear each other.

"Maybe it's global warming changing the climate around here," he told Sehun.

"Why don't we bring Xiumin-hyung to the North Pole and refreeze those melting ice caps?" Sehun remarked. They both laughed at that. "I mean, sure, it's supposed to be cold up here in the north, but not this cold."

Global warming would be a more rational explanation, though, Suho thought. After all, that was what happened with their own Planet before it died. Suho knew all about that, because all they could do from the Twin Worlds was watch.

For Sehun, all this talk about global warming made him think about his original family. He could barely remember the time he last saw them, and he was worried that he was forgetting how they looked like. His eleven hyungs were the only ones he could consider as family now, because they had no way of going back to EXO Planet. Even if they had, there was no more planet to go back to.

"It's really not a normal weather, even for earth."

"We'll go back quickly, then," Suho told him.

When they got back, the television set was and Baekhyun and Chen were battling over who will hold the remote control even if they both wanted to watch the same program. Luhan was giving Xiumin a back massage. The others were nowhere to be found.

Sehun looked for Kai, wanting to give him the extra bar that came out the vending machine. The machine was too old that with one gush of "wind" or some pressure it produces extra goods, and Sehun was kind of in the mood to produce that wind. Wind was Sehun's element.

"Aren't we supposed to be sleeping right now?" Kai said, walking into Sehun's room that he was sharing with Suho.

"Yep," Sehun said as-a-matter-of-factly. "Who are we kidding? We don't really need to."

Sleeping was one of the things they learned in earth. There was none of that in their planet and they discovered the wonders of it. Sometimes, Sehun would feel as if he was awake and exploring places he had never been to before, or he was back at Exo Planet, alone at times or with another brother. But they never remembered it when Sehun woke up. He asked one earth-person about it, trying his best not to sound weird, and he learned it was called 'dreaming' and it only happened when you sleep.

Kai was one of the biggest fan of sleeping. So was Tao. Lay also slept a lot these past few days because he had been attending extra classes, as if he hadn't had enough.

"Give me that," Kai snatched the chocolate bar from Sehun's hands. "Nice."

"It's yours anyway," Sehun shrugged.

It became quiet for a few moments as they chewed on their chocolates. This is the only time Exo House was quiet: when they're eating. At least, most of the time.

 


*************

 


When Kai got to his and D.O.'s room, his Hyung was already sleeping, face down on the bed. They had joined their beds together to have more space and be closer to each other.

"The food is here," Kai told D.O., waking him up.

D.O. followed him out to the common room where the two parts of their dorm meet, the M-wing and the K-wing. Everybody was already there and Kai took his usual place beside Sehun.

"Chicken," Kai smiled. He loved eating chicken especially when he didn't have to pay for it. He wondered if they had chicken back in their former planet. If there was, he was sure he'd remember it at least.

"Who wants to go with me tomorrow?" Tao asked. "I'm going to tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter