Grrrr Tiger! Cinnamon Wine!

Torments In Powder Pink

_______________________________

"But I think I get a bit confused:

Am I seducing of being seduced?"

________________________________

 

 

 

He knew dance practise would be bad (it usually is), but he didn't quite expect what was about to happen.

~~~~

 

After the mornings events, Kyuhyun and Sungmin went to their rooms and got ready to go for their dance practice for their latest 'comeback'. It wasn't quite a 'comeback'; it just sounded good when they called it that. After getting prepared, sweat suits and towels at the ready, they met back up in the living room. On any normal day, they would commence conversations about whatever came up; any awkward feeling was brushed aside and overcome easily. Kyuhyun had a feeling that this wouldn't be so today.

 

Their bedrooms were opposite each other, not a convenient placement when both exiting at the same time. Today was one of those days, typically. Upon opening their doors (both at exactly the same time), their eyes met across that sun soaked hallway. They both had the appearance of a deer caught in the headlights. This lasted for about a second before their gaze moved to their feet and Sungmin hastily moved out of his doorway, closed his door and headed towards their living room. Kyuhyun followed behind. Together they stood in awkward silence, interspersed with random moments where their eyes met. When Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun, stood there looking so uncomfortable, he wanted to say something, but when he looked up at him it made it even harder for him. His eyes were so over powering. He had not choice but to back down, defeated, and look away. Sungmin didn't quite understand where this atmosphere came from.

 

Kyuhyun stood on that hard wooden floor, finding anything on his clothing to fiddle with. 'If only Sungmin would say something, I don't think I can speak first'. As if reading his mind, Sungmin opened his mouth to speak: “so you.......”

 

KNOCK. KNOCK.

 

Both gazes averted to the door.

 

Before either of them had chance to think, let alone answer the door, it flew open. Stood there presenting a full pose as if he hadn't even had to use an arm to knock or open the door was Choi Siwon.

 

A quick wink then a salute was provided, closely followed by: “Good morning boys. I hope the day finds you well”.

 

Abandoning his pose and mincing on every step, he entered the Kyuhyun/Sungmin abode. As he got closer to the two, he said: “Ready?”, not leaving them any time to answer before following up with: “Good. Lets go”. With this declaration, he clasped one of each of their hands (Sungmin's accepting left, Kyuhyun's reluctant right) and lead them towards the door walking backwords, grinning like a madman. Not a single break in eye contact was made; not even to blink. It almost seemed like he was looking at them both simultaneously.

 

A suggestion on 'lets skip' could be heard echoing in the halls. But who asked?

 

 

 

*

 

Dance practice followed the usual pattern: Dance, mess around, dance, mess around, ending with having to break Donghae and Eunhyuk up who were taking playing a bit too far.

 

“Donghae! Get off him!”, Siwon barked. “God sees everything you are doing”. He always did get very jealous of these two, but no ones too sure who its because of. Knowing him, he probably wants equal shares of both. Donghae got up and slumped away with his head down, Eunhyuk just sat up and wrapped his arms around his bent legs, sticking his bottom lip out.

 

Kyuhyun didn't feel particularly like joining in with the fun today, he just wanted to practice the dance and go back home where he could either play his Starcraft or curl up under his bed sheet and sleep..... Starcraft would probably be his choice. Today's practise had been so awkward, he couldn't help looking at Sungmin more than usual. He was just drawn to him. He made everything look so cute, and his face is so perfect........ aaaaand back to Earth; Kyuhyun's mind drifts so much. As he was toweling his brow, he was interrupted by a slow hand moving up his spine and finally resting on the back of his neck, combined with a low purr. This was joined by a velvety voice whispering: “oh Kyuhyun, you do get so sweaty....”. Turning his head swiftly, Kyuhyun's eyes met with Heechul's and, without a moments thought, gave him a stare so intense and evil that it caused Chullie to let go of his neck slightly. “Woah man. No need for that. I was only complimenting you on a wonderful feature. Don't be so uptight. Embrace the sweat.” With this, Kyuhyuns evil erupted so much that he let out a little growl. This made Heechul leap away, adding “Grrrrr tiger. That's what I like....” as he went, prancing like a cat on heat. He wouldn't allow him to have the final blow. Kyuhyun, exasperated by what just happened, put his hands over his face and let out a long, shallow sigh. 'Could today get any worse?' he thought. Protruding into his thoughts again like a cold wind on a warm day; or rather a ray of sunshine through slightly parted curtains, came another touch, but this time more tentative. A gentle one tap on his right shoulder. Feeling this Kyuhyun lowered his hands. 'That can't be Heechul again, there is nothing gentle about him'. Turning his head and looking down, his eyes met once again for the umpteenth time today with the warming eyes of Sungmin. As soon as this happened, Sungmin let out a little giggle, following with: “would you like to go for a drink? One of my noona friends took me to a really beautiful wine bar that I would like to show to you”. Kyuhyuns reply was a slow blink. Noticing this Sungmin panicked, mistaking it for unease due to his current sweaty state. “oh oh! Don't worry, I'll let you shower first. I need one too. We'll go after, no rush.” He followed this up with a big smile before spinning round on the spot and skipping away. Kyuhyun hadn't even considered how sweaty he was, he was shocked as the invitation. Sure it wasn't the first time he'd been invited out by him, he just wasn't expecting it today considering how awkward it had been earlier.

 

After he'd span, Sungmin's smile widened. He stayed like this all the way to the showers in the changing room.

 

Passing Eunhyuk and Donghae on their way to the shower together, both clad in only a towel tied precariously around their waists, Kyuhyun exited the shower area. 'Seems my timing is perfect' he thought. Finding his clothes, he quickly changed into a simple long-sleeved navy blue t-shirt and dark jeans, completed with a pair of black converse and a black coat. Hooking his bag onto his shoulder, he made his way out. Sungmin, patient as ever, was crouched on the floor next to the door, dressed in similar dark jeans, but paired with his favourite pink shirt and a white coat. He was reading a book titled 'Wines of the French Coast' with an intense look on his face. As if sensing Kyuhyun, he looked up; intense stare transforming into a friendly smile. “Ready?” he asked. Kyuhyun nodded. Standing up, he placed his book in his pink shoulder bag and signalled towards the door with his head before saying “lets go”. They exited the building together.

 

 

*

 

The wine bar was about a fifteen minute walk from the dance studio. It was indeed beautiful, with a tree actually growing in the middle of the room, complemented with small jars with multi-coloured lights glowing within them hanging from the branches. The only lights within the place came from the tree and the bar. Sungmin lead them to a booth where the tree's branches spread over the top, giving the effect of multi-coloured stars. This, paired with the scent of the outdoors, gave a very calming effect. “Make yourself comfortable, I will get us some wine”, Sungmin declared, placing his bag on the seat and removing his matching pink wallet from it. Kyuhyun sat down, watching Sungmin make his way to the bar. Taking a deep breath and looking up at he branches, he felt strangely at ease. He'd already made his mind up that he loved this place.

 

Sungmin returned with a bottle and two wine glasses. Setting them down he declared: “this wine is beautiful, it tastes really cinnamony. I'd never tasted cinnamon before, but after tasting this, I love it!”. He handed out both glasses then took a seat opposite Kyuhyun. Picking up the bottle, he signalled to Kyuhyun for him to pass his glass so he could fill it up. Delicately, he poured some beautiful cinnamon wine into his glass, then filled up his own. Politely he asked Kyuhyun to take the first sip saying: “please, try the wine”. Kyuhyun obeyed, bringing the glass up to his lips and taking a small sip - Sungmin watched intently for his reaction. He was right, it did have a strong cinnamon taste. In all honesty, he didn't like it: surprisingly he'd never liked cinnamon.

 

“How is it? What do you think?” Sungmin asked like an excited child.

 

“Very nice” was Kyuhyun's reply.

 

Clapping his hands and smiling wildly, Sungmin exclaimed “Oh! Wonderful!”

 

He quickly topped up Kyuhyuns glass saying: “have more!”

 

Kyuhyun smiled to himself, amused by Sungmin's excitement at him 'liking' the wine. He really does like to please.

 

 

*

 

 

Two bottles of wine later, Kyuhyun and Sungmin were now both sat on the same side of the table, Sungmin's elbow resting on the table and his head resting on his hand, looking sideways at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was slouched, looking at Sungmin.

 

“um, listen. About this morning.... I wasn't being weird you know. I'd had a bad dream, exasperated by the fact that I really hate mornings....”, Kyuhyun said.

 

Sungmin continued to look at Kyuhyun a little longer, blinking slowly, before saying: “I don't think you're weird....”

 

Kyuhyun just smiled and looked down.

 

“Things have been a little awkward between us recently it seems and I don't know why. I hope that after tonight, that can change. I really like you and I'm glad we're room mates. I don't want that to change. ” Sungmin said, seeming a little nervous as his eyes kept darting between Kyuhun's and the empty wine bottles on the table. That or he was contemplating another bottle of wine. The first theory was confirmed when he asked: “ready to go?” and, prompted by a nod of Kyuhyuns head, he grabbed his bag and stood up.

 

They both made their way to the door and when they reached it, Kyuhyun turned to admire the tree one last time, saying “that really is a beautiful tree” before exiting the building completely.

 

The way home was made in comfortable silence as the winter air circulated them, feeling surprisingly warmer than it should for the end of December.

 

When they reached their flat they both made their way to their rooms, pausing for a while stood on opposite sides of the hallway, to say their goodnights. “Thank you for taking me to that wine bar” Kyuhyun said with a smile.

 

“Any time. I'm so happy you liked it there.” Sungmin replied with an even bigger smile.

 

“Well.... I'll say goodnight then.”

 

“Me too. Goodnight.”

 

With this Kyuhyun span and turned the handle on his door. Before turning to his door, Sungmin seemed to hesitate a bit. This went unwitnessed and was quickly recovered as he turned to his own door and twisted his handle. Almost as if being awoken by the sound of Sungmin's door opening, Kyuhyun quickly said: “I don't want this to change either.” then entered his room and closed the door behind him.

 

Sungmin paused in his doorway and remained that way for a while.