Operation get Sungmin and Kyuhyun back together activated!

Torments In Powder Pink

 

 

 

 

“He said that and you didn't even try to change his mind?! Awwwwww Hyuk!” Donghae shouted to Eunhyuk in the desolate street.

 

Eunhyuk could see what he was getting at but shrugged his shoulders regardless. “There was no point.” He was playing it cool.

 

“NO POINT......” Donghae began only to have his voice over powered.

 

“You should have left it to me! I could have fixed it! Now what will my heart do?! I feel like you have bitten a chunk out of my soul Lee Hyukjae!” His voice rose with every word.”If I die, it is on your shoulders. I hope you're happy with yourself.” Siwon folded his arms and pulled them with force tight to his chest, twisting his head to the side as if he couldn't bare looking at Eunhyuk.

 

“Oh stop being so melodramatic,” Eunhyuk shook his head.

 

“He's right, he could have done a better job than you!” This was the first time that Donghae had properly opposed something Eunhyuk had done, and to actually agree with something Siwon said. The world had turned backwards. They were both stood on one side, Eunhyuk on the other like two teams in a battle.

 

“You can stop it too,” he pointed at Donghae who was staring daggers at him. “Do you really have that little faith in me? You've known me long enough to know that I wouldn't give up that easily.”

 

Siwon and Donghae's faces dropped and they looked at each other before simultaneously looking at Eunhyuk. “What?!” They both shouted.

 

“Come on, you think so little of me. I'm just letting Sungmin think he has control, when in reality he doesn't. I have a plan.” He narrowed his eyes. “He's a puppet to me and even more so to his own feelings.” A cheeky smile had over taken and the two men could hear the sincerity in his voice and almost taste the plot that was about to unfold.

 

Intrigue took over and Donghae enquired further. “What do you mean to his own feelings?”

 

“That Sungmin loves him of course!” The sun caught the glint in his eye and lit up his face showing his smugness in bright technicolour.

 

Siwon threw his flailing body towards Eunhyuk and knelt down before him. “Oh Eunhyuk, you're so cool. I knew all along that you wouldn't leave me to die like this. I knew it.” He circled his arms around Eunhyuk's legs and hugged on tight like a bear cub onto it's mother's leg.

 

“You liar, you had no faith in me at all..... but thank you anyway, I am pretty cool aren't I?”

 

“You are! I love you!” Siwon shuffled his body up – while keeping hold – to embrace him fully. His elation manifested itself as a boa constrictor, squeezing the air out of Eunhyuk's lungs.

 

Donghae had moved forwards slightly. He wanted to believe Eunhyuk but he didn't want to get his hopes up. He'd been happy the first time Sungmin and Kyuhyun had made up and it was dashed as quickly as it had begun. This time he wouldn't let himself get hopeful, especially after what Eunhyuk told them Sungmin had said. If he was as adamant as he seemed from his words, then this would be no easy battle. But Eunhyuk had his ways and unique in them he could be and often was.

 

“What is your plan?” Donghae asked, eyes wide and expectant of a miracle plan.

 

Eunhyuk twisted in Siwon's grasp so that he could face Donghae fully, Siwon now hugging onto his side.

 

“Ah well, it would be better if I tell you. It does involve you after all........”

 

 

 

~~

 

 

Kyuhyun didn't know what time he woke up the next day, neither did he know what time he went to sleep. He seemed to be laying awake for so long that he felt he hadn't slept. His dream had been a continuation of his wakefulness, his mind not letting up and allowing him the solace of sleep. Still fully dressed from the night before he shuffled his body in lethargic movements to the bathroom. He had to do something no matter how hard his mind and body joined forces to stop him. When all cleaned up, he had a simple breakfast of cereal and strong coffee then forced himself to go out. He had no where in particular to go, but it was better than the suffocating silence of his apartment. Outside he could listen to birds singing and people talking as they idled their time away in the park or shopping.

 

Schedules didn't start until the next week. Today was Friday. Not long to wait until he had a distraction that would pass his time quickly and wear him out so that he had no choice but to sleep. The next couple of day passed so slowly that time seemed to be moving backwards.

 

On Monday, bright and early, there was a loud knock on the front door of Kyuhyun and Sungmin's shared apartment. Kyuhyun had been up hours before the morning call, ready and over zealous. He answered before the second knock could resound, startling Eunhyuk who had his hand raised to knock again. Behind him was Donghae, looking over Eunhyuk's shoulder with sympathetic eyes.

 

“Good morning Kyu. How's things?” Eunhyuk asked, entering with long strides that emphasised he was uninvited, followed by Donghae who shuffled as quick as his legs would allow him.

 

“Morning Eunhyuk, Donghae,” he nodded to both of them. “I guess things are okay.”

 

“Great!” Eunhyuk said a little too over happy. “And where is Sungmin?” Part one of operation get Sungmin and Kyuhyun back together: act-like-everything-is-okay, initiated. Donghae's eyes seemed to widen in shock at the mention of Sungmin's name. Kyuhyun replied with a quick lift of his shoulders.

 

“You don't know? Well then let's look.” He shook Donghae from his shoulder and strode over to Sungmin's door. Without permission, Kyuhyun's body stepped backwards, stopping when this back hit the sofa. Donghae watched him with his head slightly bowed. He couldn't believe how brash Eunhyuk was being. He made quick steps to Kyuhyun and stopped beside him, also resting his back against the sofa.

 

After Eunhyuk had knocked a second time he spoke into the room through hands that were cupped to the door. “Sungmin? It's time to go. Are you ready?” When there was no reply he tried the handle which, to his surprise, opened the door. Based on previous events, he'd expected the door to be locked. Without wasting another moment he stepped into the room and cast a sweeping glance across the empty room. Stepping out he turned towards the waiting men.

“He's not here,” before he'd finished he was already recovering his phone and dialling Siwon's number. After two rings he answered. “Siwon? Yes good morning Siwon. Yes it is a beautiful day. Listen! Is Sungmin there? Oh he is. Okay then, great. See you soon..... do I have to? Fine....... Mwah.” He grimaced and hung up. “Sungmin is there already” he looked between the two then settled on Kyuhyun. “Did you hear him go out Kyu?” talkative Kyuhyun replied with a shake of his head.

 

“Maybe he went while you were asleep?” Donghae eventually spoke.

 

Shaking his head but resigning to the fact that this was the only option, well the only one he'd want to accept, he elaborated on Donghae's theory. “I've been awake for a few hours and it's only eight now. He must have gone really early.”

 

“Why would he not want to ride with us?” Eunhyuk asked, feigning ignorance and making Donghae cringe. He knew this was the plan but he couldn't help but feel uncomfortable at Eunhyuk's words.

 

Kyuhyun looked to him incredulously then blanked out. “Isn't it clear, he doesn't want to see me.”

 

“He doesn't want to see you?” Eunhyuk twisted Kyuhyun's matter of fact statement into a question which made Donghae nearly double up in tension.

 

“That's what he said Hyuk,” Donghae changed the subject. “Lets go before we're late.” He held onto Eunhyuk's arm and stirred him from the room. He'd never get over this.

 

The whole journey, Kyuhyun had no desire to speak and so didn't, opting to stare out of the window instead. At the studio Eunhyuk got out of the car first in a fury, followed by a timid Donghae and a stoic Kyuhyun. Under the circumstances, he felt calm. The schedule for today was to discuss new songs with the manager. When they reached the conference room where the discussion would take place, Eunhyuk held Donghae back and smiled at Kyuhyun to enter first. He paused facing the door for a few still moments then pushed it open.

 

Alone in the corridor, Eunhyuk weighed down on Donghae with a questioning stare. He didn't speak at all. Was he expecting Donghae to do all the talking? Donghae began to fidget, the weight of the stare becoming almost unbearable and when Eunhyuk finally spoke, some was lifted, only to be replaced with another weight. “We've gone over this. This is how we're going to act! Stop being so timid.” Eunhyuk spoke quietly but with force. “You're ruining everything.”

 

“I-I'm sorry, I thought I could do it, I just feel so bad for Kyuhyun. I can't stand to act like nothing is wrong.” Donghae attempted to defend his case.

 

“Do you think this is easy for me?You just need to keep thinking that this is for the good of Kyuhyun.” Eunhyuk placed a hand on either of Donghae's shoulders. “If we act like nothing is wrong it'll take the emphasis off them. It'll make Kyuhyun feel better. The last thing he needs is us crying over him and mourning the break up.”

 

As Eunhyuk was saying the final few words his eyes were widening, a look mirrored by Donghae who was thinking exactly the same thing. “SIWON!” They both shouted, turning on their heels and flinging themselves through the door. They scanned the room, their eyes instantly settling on the object of their search. Said man was currently sat next to Kyuhyun half way down the long table, a non-too-conspicuous arm looped around him, whispering inaudible words into his ear while Kyuhyun sat tense and uncomfortable. Admittedly Siwon was just acting in a way which was typically Siwon and Eunhyuk and Donghae had overlooked telling him the plan but it was a set-back none the less. Not only that, he was making it obvious to everyone that something had happened. Most people knew that Sungmin and Kyuhyun were together but not everyone knew that they had now split up. For now the plan was to let those who knew they were together work it out for themselves and to keep those who didn't know in blissful ignorance.

 

Sungmin was sat at the far end with Ryeowook and Yesung. Ryeowook was trying to engage Sungmin in conversation but, as expected, it was proving to be difficult. Sungmin's general answers consisted of “yes” or “no” or just head movements. He didn't want to be there and he didn't want to speak idly with people.

 

Heechul was several seats away from Sungmin, not lifting his head but smirking at his phone that he was ferociously typing away at. The correct phrase for the way he looked was that of the cat who got the cream, emphasis on the cat part.

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae's seats of choice were two empty ones on the other side of Siwon. Eunhyuk took the one next to Siwon and promptly kicked him under the table earning him a hurt look.

 

“What was that for?” Siwon asked, earning a few looks.

 

Leaning in, Eunhyuk signalled with a curl of his finger for Siwon to lean his head to the side. “Stop making it so obvious with Kyuhyun,” Eunhyuk ordered, bringing his lips to Siwon's ear to prevent anyone overhearing. “If you're all over him people will know there's something wrong.”

 

Siwon brought his head away , once again displaying a hurt expression. “But I can't help it,” he informed just above a whisper. “Just look at him.” Siwon always was a er for Kyuhyun.

 

“Try, please.”


Siwon paused in reluctance before dropping his arms from around Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was relieved and relaxed his shoulders making Siwon sigh as he looked to Eunhyuk with sad eyes rivalling those of a puppy.

 

Sungmin's resolve was strong, not once did he look at Kyuhyun. Less could be said for Kyuhyun who stole several glances at him. There was no way he could be in the same room as him and not look at him. Even when the meeting began and all eyes were focused upon the manager, Kyuhyun couldn't help his wondering eyes. Sungmin was zoned out but not to the feel of Kyuhyun's eyes as they grazed his skin and there was no denying the feeling that surged up from the pit of his stomach to his chest. He forced it down with relentless defiance but there were always strands that eluded him.

 

As the meeting concluded everyone collected their bags to move straight to the recording studio where they would talk to composers about the music. It was a lengthy and time consuming process. As in the conference room, Kyuhyun and Sungmin stayed apart, each accompanied by several others.

 

When they returned home, Kyuhyun and Sungmin travelled in separate cars, both arriving at their apartment at different times, the first one ensuring they were already tucked away in their room before the other arrived. And this was how the next week passed: them avoiding each other by leaving separately, keeping their distance, then arriving home separately. A lonesome routine. When in the apartment together the only sign they had that the other was still there was the quiet shuffling that could be heard through the thin walls, the absence of which indicated it was okay to go out. As the days passed Sungmin stayed the same; his feelings towards Kyuhyun neither softening or hardening. Kyuhyun on the other hand found his feelings to be callousing, building a hard surface which blocked the underlying feelings. When he thought of Sungmin he felt neither sad or angry, nor did he feel the crackling embers of love and want that had previously clouded his mind. He was somewhat numb and Sungmin's hard shell was the cause. Kyuhyun's mind was reacting to the way he was being treat by developing a similar response.

 

By two weeks, all the songs for the new album were recorded and they had begun practising the dance for their up and coming single. Although no news had been released regarding their new album, dance practise began immediately as there was so much to do. To say that the group were ready for it was an overstatement. The rift between Sungmin and Kyuhyun was visible to most who didn't know on the very first meeting due to the fact that they were usually inseparable. The group were so tightly knit that any slight changes were instantly visible.

 

Everyone was in the dance hall, ready to go, but held up by Heechul who was taking his time as dance was his least favourite thing. He eventually strolled in half an hour after the time he should have been there. Seeing Sungmin sat near the door, he sauntered towards him, eyeing him up and down with his menacing smirk and sitting down beside him. Leaning forward he let his eyes travel over the faces of the group, smiling as he saw Kyuhyun sat alone at the far end of the room. Everything was working just fine.

 

Since it was only their first practice, the plan was just to watch the choreographer and learn a few basic steps; nothing too heavy to get them back into the swing. Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin less that day and Sungmin virtually never looked at him. Eunhyuk and Donghae continued their routine of not speaking about the break up, sticking closely to Kyuhyun. Siwon too stuck close to Kyuhyun, looking between him and Sungmin often while giving them both the puppy dog eyes but never actually saying what was on his mind. Ryeowook and Yesung stayed closely with Sungmin. Ryeowook had asked Sungmin quietly what had happened between him and Kyuhyun on their first meeting and he hand answered briefly that they had finished. Ryeowook asked no further questions, Yesung too, assessing that it would only make the situation more stressful.

 

The next couple of days consisted of this: dance dance dance. It was on the third round of it that Sungmin came face to face with Kyuhyun. In the dance they had been put next to each other, rather awkward for both of them; a feeling which the rest of the group could sense. Kyuhyun never found dance practise easy, the current circumstance making it much harder for him. There was a turn in the dance which most of the group did but Kyuhyun turned the wrong way, accidentally colliding straight into Sungmin who was moving in the direction Kyuhyun had been heading in. The force knocked Sungmin backwards and Kyuhyun wavered slightly on the spot. Kyuhyun was stunned and a couple of other members slowed in their moves, feeling as though they themselves had been hit but Sungmin continued, picking up exactly where he'd left off as if it had never happened. Then everyone followed suit.

 

By the end, Leeteuk had worked himself up into a panic, muttering to himself, his hands shaking as he packed his belongings away ready to leave the dance studio. That was when Eunhyuk and Donghae pounced. They began with a long draw out “hyuuuuuuuuuuuung,” perfectly synchronised as was the EunHae fashion then knelt down beside him. When he turned to them he was so worked up that his eyes were wide.
 

“Eunhyuk, Donghae. What is it?” He asked in an almost nervous tone.

 

“We were wondering if........” They began.

 

“Wait! Tell me what has happened between Sungmin and Kyuhyun first!” Leeteuk cut them off and demanded.

 

“Sungmin and Kyuhyun? What about them?” They played dumb.

 

“Don't be like that with me, there's definitely something wrong and you know what it is. That's why you stay with Kyuhyun.” He turned his body around fully facing the two of them. He wasn't asking, he was demanding that they tell him, and what Teukie wants he usually gets.

 

Donghae drooped his head and Eunhyuk took over the role of telling him. “Okay okay. They split up.”

 

Those three words were all it took to knock Leeteuk's jaw onto the floor. “I knew it..... I just didn't want to believe it. Why? Is it to do with the schedules in China?” He looked between the two expectantly. They nodded in response. “I can't believe it,” he gasped.

 

“It's really awful but we have a plan,” Eunhyuk spoke up, twisting the conversation back round to their initial reason for sparking the conversation. “We can't stand to see them apart and they're obviously both miserable about it, so we were wondering if we could have a party?”

 

“A party? How will that help?” Leeteuk didn't like being in the dark.

 

“We have a plan to get them back together and we thought a party would be the best setting. We could say it's to celebrate the new album. Pleeeeeeease?”

 

Leeteuk thought it through and could see no reason why. “Okay then, but only if you tell me this plan.”

 

The two men grinned widely at Teukie then began to relay their plan to him.

 

Saturday night was the time set for the party. That morning they had a quick session of dance practise to get through then they were free until Monday morning. Everyone was in the dance studio, even Heechul, except Eunhyuk and Donghae. They were never late. Everyone was sat around waiting, twiddling their thumbs and playing with loose thread on their clothes when the door flung open and Eunhyuk burst in shouting. “I can't believe you'd think that!” He didn't hold the door open and it was half closed when Donghae forcefully pushed it open again and stormed in behind.

 

“Are you serious?” he shouted back. Everyone in the room watched on in surprise at these two arguing.

 

Eunhyuk twisted round to Donghae, a furious look on his face. “Yeah I'm serious, are you serious? Thinking that of me. Of course it's not true.”

 

“But you.......” Donghae's anger was dissipating into confusion.” We......”

 

We nothing,” Eunhyuk cut in, taking a step forward. “There is no we. There is nothing.” He emphasised the last word then stalked away, sitting at the far end of the room away from anyone. Donghae too sat in an empty spot, bringing his knees up and lowering his face onto them to avoid looking at Eunhyuk. If he did he wouldn't be able to suppress his smile. Phase two of operation get Sungmin and Kyuhyun back together, activated.

 

For the whole practise that morning, emphasis was taken off Sungmin and Kyuhyun by the new couple currently in the throws of a tiff. Even Sungmin and Kyuhyun were enthralled themselves. Siwon, who was once again left in the dark, was near the point of a complete mental and physical breakdown. On several occasions, he had almost abandoned the dance to pull the two together but every time he looked at them he couldn't control the pangs of sadness in his chest. He couldn't handle any sort of angst within the group and these were proving to be a trying few weeks.

 

At the end of practise, everyone began filtering out of the room until the only ones left were Eunhyuk and Donghae who purposefully took their time. Ryeowook and Yesung walked out slowly, considering talking to the two but opting not to on account of being tired of trying to reason with battling couples. They were only just through the door when they changed their minds and walked back in. Mere seconds had passed and the two men were already in each other arms.

 

That was quick,” Ryeowook shouted in surprise.

 

Startled, Donghae lifted his head from Eunhyuk's shoulder and Eunhyuk looked towards the door.

 

Ah we might as well tell you. We aren't really fighting. It's all part of our plan..........”

 

 

~~

 

 

It was an hour before the party and Sungmin had resolved that he wasn't going. He really didn't feel up to it and the thought of having to make conversation was making him feel ill. Eunhyuk had sensed this and warned Ryeowook who knew what he was getting at. It was only six but Sungmin had curled up in his bed with a book, exhausted from the mornings practise, intent on sleep.

 

Kyuhyun didn't particularly feel like going himself but was going just for something to do to get out of the suffocating apartment. He was on his way back to his room after showering when someone knocked on the door. Expecting it to be Eunhyuk and Donghae, he opened the door and began saying with a huff: “What do you wan........ Ryeowook?”

 

Hi Kyuhyun, I'm here to see Sungmin,” he said with a smile. Kyuhyun stood aside and let him in. Kyuhyun left him to it and went to his room to finish getting ready.

 

Sungmin,” Ryeowook tapped on Sungmin's door. “It's Ryeowook, can I come in?” Sungmin didn't answer but he walked in anyway.

 

Why aren't you getting ready?” He exclaimed when his eyes rested on Sungmin's snug form beneath the bed sheets.


“I'm not going,” Sungmin said bluntly, mildly annoyed that he just barged in.

 

You are, come on,” Ryeowook said adamantly as he pulled the bed sheets back and grabbed for Sungmin's hands. Sungmin tried to resist but Ryeowook was too fast, holding onto his wrists and pulling him upright. Then he began cycling through his clothes. “Hmmmmmm what to wear....... How about these?” he pulled out a dark grey shirt and black jeans.

 

I said I'm not going,” Sungmin responded flatly.


“You are,” Ryeowook was having none of it. “Yes, I think these will look nice. Put them on, I won't look.” He put his hands to his eyes and turned around. Sungmin sat still for a few moments then sighed, beginning to change his clothes. Damn, how could Ryeowook do this?!

 

“Done,” Sungmin informed.

 

“I knew those would look nice,” Ryeowook beamed walking towards him and attacking him with cologne. “Now for your hair.” Ryeowook brushed Sungmin's hair and applied hairspray to hold it in place then beamed down at him again. “All done, you look handsome.”

 

“Ryeowook, I really don't want to.......” Sungmin gave it one last try.

 

“Sungmin no. I don't want to hear it.” He raised his finger at Sungmin. “Now Yesung is waiting outside and we have twenty minutes left. Lets go.” He set off the room first, knocking on Kyuhyun's door before Sungmin came out. Kyuhyun opened the door.

 

“Yesung is downstairs waiting. Are you coming with us?” Ryeowook asked.

 

Kyuhyun mulled over the word 'us' then nodded his head. “Let me just get my things.” When Kyuhyun came back out of his room Ryeowook and Sungmin – head bowed – were waiting near the door ready to go. The car ride was a long, silent one.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next chapter will probably be the last one *cries*.......... I need a hug.

This was going to be the final chapter but I just kept writing...... and I'm probably just avoiding ending it..... Hopefully everyone will be happy with the end!

 

As always, thank you to readers and subscribers!! I really really appreciate it!!

 

XO