Not this time.

Torments In Powder Pink

 

 

A few days later when it hit Siwon that Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi were still sharing a room – and only Jesus know what Zhou Mi could be trying to do to him – Siwon dreamed up a scheme to prevent this. Creeping into their room in the middle of the night after Kyuhyun and Sungmin had made up, Siwon began sobbing loud enough to wake the two up. And wake up they did. When they asked him what was wrong, he just cried harder and threw himself onto Kyuhyun.

 

“Kyuhyun, I had a nightmare again....... I need you to protect me.....” He frantically spoke out between his sobs.

 

When Kyuhyun began to question him, Siwon cut him of. “Zhou Mi would you mind if I stayed here. When I have nightmares, Kyuhyun is the only one who can calm me down.”

 

Kyuhyun began to protest this but then decided he was too tired so just rolled over and went back to sleep.

 

Siwon began to climb under the covers before waiting for a reply, the darkness hiding his sneaky smile. When he cuddled up to Kyuhyun he just let him be, he'd ask him in the morning what he was creating all the drama for. In the morning, Donghae and Ryeowook provided false eye-witness accounts to Siwon's terror and Kyuhyun's comfort. They didn't work on Zhou Mi in the slightest, in fact they only increased his disbelief. He'd had his suspicions from the first moment Siwon said he was afraid. As well as this, he could see straight through Siwon's act of fancying him. He was such an over-actor that it was painful to watch. So they were plotting against him and trying to disrupt his plans? He would let them think he was oblivious then hit them with a tornado sure to destroy everything.

 

For the rest of the scheduled shows for Super Junior M's China promotions, Zhou Mi behaved himself. In fact, not only did he not flirt with Kyuhyun, but he'd even gone so far as to sit away from him, usually sitting at least two people away from him. If he could know how red Heechul was becoming in fury, he would think twice about this. In truth, even if he'd wanted to sit near him, he wouldn't have been able to because Siwon was practically glued to his side. Since their talk, Siwon had been next to him when ever they were together. It wasn't because he actually liked him – oh no! - he was just putting in his best effort to make Zhou Mi stay away, and this was the best plan he could think of. After the first show, Siwon had made it his mission to resolve the situation, some rejected plans being: giving Zhou Mi laxatives before the show so they could get into place before he got there, or performing a y dance for him – which Siwon was certain Zhou Mi wouldn't be able to resist – while everyone took their positions.

 

When Ryeowook found him meditating in the stair-well, Siwon pounced on him to get his much needed advice because he thought each idea was as good as the next, making it near on impossible for him to decide. Ryeowook listened, getting more and more amused with each one. When Siwon suggested trying to seduce Zhou Mi, Ryeowook's face lit up. Partially because it was the most doable/humane and partly because it would cause the most hilarity and laughs, Ryewook told him he must do that plan. It would be fun watching Zhou Mi squirm as he gets crushed by Siwon's erted and over the top advances. Because he trusted Ryeowook like a mother, Siwon agreed and put his plan into place at the first possible moment. He still performed his y dance though cause he thought this was one of his better ideas.

 

Zhou Mi's tornado came on the final show. After spending all but the first schedule staying away from Kyuhyun, on the final one he decided that he wasn't going to do that. He had thought long and hard on nights he couldn't sleep because of Siwon's sleep giggling and glomping, planning carefully what he would do. This plan needed to hit them hard.

 

Kyuhyun never did talk to Zhou Mi about Sungmin. Since he had seen Siwon flirting with Zhou Mi, he foolishly thought he was in the clear. Sungmin had too seen this and it had set his mind at rest somewhat, but he still had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that couldn't be dissolved by the countless sweet texts from Kyuhyun.

 

They were all rejoicing when the day of their final schedule came. They would be going home the next day and were all over-joyed. All except Zhou Mi.

 

Donghae had been extremely sprightly and hyper, dancing around their changing room while the stylists were trying to get them all ready for the show. One stylist was close to getting a rope and tying him up but he eventually calmed and allowed them to do his hair, but shouting at regular intervals that it was nearly time to see Eunhyuk. If that wasn't making it obvious that they were a couple, nothing would. He was so happy that he didn't care.

 

Kyuhyun felt quite strange on that day. He was excited to go home to see Sungmin and make everything up to him but he couldn't prevent the strange feeling that was growing in him. It felt like the pit of his stomach was filling up with small pebbles, increasing in intervals throughout the morning.

 

The plan for today's schedule was the usual: a performance and an interview during which they would ask the same questions. When they were all ready, they made their way to the studio. Just like all the other days, Zhou Mi stayed away from Kyuhyun, keeping up his act and lulling him and the others into a false sense of security.

 

Like all the other shows, Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Yesung watched with baited breath, expecting for something to happen between Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi any moment.

 

For the first half of the show, nothing happened. They performed their song and the audience were on their feet jumping and screaming. When they took their seats they were then set on by the hosts who asked the same questions: What is the album title? Will you be releasing another song from the album? How are the other members? When another expected question came, Kyuhyun's shoulders pushed upwards, concertinaing his neck to brace himself for the reply.

 

“So, we hate to ask this but the fans love it. You are all paired together as couples, but who are the main ones?”

 

During the previous shows, Zhou Mi had stayed completely silent during this question. Heechul was currently on the edge of his seat willing Zhou Mi to say something, cursing and threatening all sorts of punishments if he didn't.

 

Donghae spoke first, talking rather enthusiastically about the pairing of him and Eunhyuk, hoping that would placate the hosts and make them move on. They didn't so Ryeowook informed them of the Yesung/Ryewook pairing, feeding them a little bit more. While they were talking, they didn't notice Zhou Mi moving around to Kyuhyun's side, nor did they notice the arm that s around him and pulled him in close. Sungmin did though. The hosts did also.

 

“Ahhhhhhh Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun, this was mentioned on an earlier show wasn't it? Tell us more.” they beamed enthusiastically and over the top.

 

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak but was quickly stopped by a finger pressing against his parted lips.

 

“Shhhhhh Kyuhyun, I'll tell them everything.” He smiled at Kyuhyun slyly then moved his eyes across Donghae, Ryeowook and the bubbling Siwon before turning back to the hosts. “Me and Kyuhyun spoke about this last night......” Kyuhyun was struggling in his hold now. “Kyuhyun it's all right, I'm telling them........ Kyuhyun and I are together.”

 

Simultaneously, thirteen mouths dropped to the floor. All of Super Junior were in absolute shock, that is, all except Zhou Mi and Heechul, both of whom had disgustingly smug grins plastered to their smug faces.

 

“At last....” Heechul uttered in his dark sinister cave of an apartment.

 

Kyuhyun was finding it hard to pull his bottom jaw up from the floor as he just looked at Zhou Mi incredulously. He couldn't believe what he'd just heard. Zhou Mi looked back at him with a quiet confidence that illuminated levels of smugness and confidence. He was playing him and doing it well.

 

After seconds of silence a host spoke: “Is this true Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun was about speak but was stopped dead by a harsh tug of his shirt then poisonous feel of cold, thin lips upon his own. Those weren't the lips he wanted to feel, they were different in every way. The room seemed to spin around quickly, as Zhou Mi him into the centre of his tornado. He couldn't move; he couldn't do anything. In the background he could hear shouting but the words were lost on him. All was dark and unwelcoming.

 

He came too with the release of pressure upon his lips. When he opened his eyes his vision was over taken by the face of Zhou Mi, then when he moved all he could see were the faces of the hosts and his band-mates. Their eyes were on him and the combined feelings behind them were a mixture of shock, anger and hurt.

 

Zhou Mi was holding onto his arm still and when he didn't pull away, he felt him being forcibly pulled away by someone. It was Siwon.
 

“How dare you?!” Siwon bellowed. “How dare you do that?!” But it was useless, the damage was done.

 

 

 

**

 

Sungmin had been waiting for that. He was expecting it and had braced for the impact. The instant it had happened Eunhyuk had thrown his arms around him and pulled him in to shield him. He himself had been expecting something. The way that Zhou Mi had been so distant only hinted to him that he was planning something big, and when it didn't happen in the earlier shows, he had been expecting it on the last show. But a kiss?! He did not expect that! Yesung quickly turned off the television, ready to ignore any protests from Sungmin like last time, but there were none. He sat dawn at the other side of Sungmin and his head that was pulled tight into Eunhyuk's shoulder. Sungmin didn't stir for a while.

 

 

 

**

 

 

The show continued but the mood was sullen and clouded. The hosts tried to alleviate some of the tension but it was useless; the show was ruined. Kyuhyun didn't speak much, Donghae and Ryeowook looked sad with a twinge of anger whereas Siwon looked ready to blow someone up. Zhou Mi had been grinning ever since the kiss, clearly pleased with himself. The others were all stunned except Hankyung who seemed confused, stealing glances at Kyuhyun every now and then.

 

Donghae's heart was doing somersaults in anticipation of what would happen after show. From the way he had reacted previously, it was likely that Sungmin would not recover from this one.

 

The rest of the show seemed to drag and when it finally ended everyone released a long held breath. Just before they all got back to the changing room, Siwon pulled Zhou Mi away from the group, cornering him in the hallway.

 

“What in devils name was that? Why did you kiss him?” Siwon was full blown angry, about ready to go hulk and throw Zhou Mi through a window. Reeling it in a bit he tried to mask it and continue his act of fancying him. “What about me?”

 

Zhou Mi had been looking to the side in defiance but now turned to look at Siwon, the smug smile still on his face. “I know you don't really like me, you can drop the act now.” His smile widened as he rolled his eyes.

 

Siwon had to use all his strength to restrain the angry monster inside of him from slapping the smile from Zhou Mi's face. His insides were bubbling and he lifted his balled up hands, punching the wall at the side of Zhou Mi and stalking away before he did something he would regret. He prided himself on not being a violent person but facing Zhou Mi made all his guards disintegrate.

 

As soon as the moment was opportune, Donghae took himself away where no one could hear and rang Eunhyuk. It took a couple of tries and by the time he answered, Donghae's heart was trying to jump through his mouth.

 

“Eunhyuk? Eunhyuk what's happening? Why didn't you answer?” Donghae asked frantically.

 

“Shhhhhh calm down, I didn't answer because I was with Sungmin. I'm alone now.” Eunhyuk tried to speak as soothingly as possible.

 

“What's happening?” Donghae spoke as if he couldn't believe Eunhyuk hadn't told him already.

 

“Nothing really.” Eunhyuk answered.

 

“Nothing?! How can nothing be happening?” He was speaking accusingly.

 

“Donghae calm down. I mean that nothing has happened. Sungmin has neither said or done anything.”

 

Donghae was breathing heavily down the phone. “Is he okay?”

 

Eunhyuk paused and when he spoke the worry could be heard in his voice. “I don't think so.....”

 

“Eunhyuk what do we do?” Donghae sounded hopeless. In the background he could hear Yesung shouting Sungmin's name.

“Sorry Donghae, I have to go. I'll ring you later. Bye.” He hung up before waiting for Donghae's reply.

 

Yesung sounded frantic and that really didn't set Donghae's mind at rest. He sat down on the closest chair and dropped his face into his hands. His thoughts swam in all different directions. Breaking him from his reverie minutes later was the loud bang of the door being thrown open so forcefully that it hit the wall and bounced off. Everyone stopped what they were doing and Donghae lifted his head to Siwon as he came storming into the room. His face was read and a vein was bulging on his forehead. When he spotted Donghae he went straight to him. Ryeowook followed him and they all huddled together at the far side of the room.

 

It was Donghae who spoke first: “We need to leave now, I can't stand to be here any longer.”

 

Anger was stifling Siwon's voice so he just nodded his head.

 

Ryeowook, the only calm head out of the three spoke and the other two look at him as if looking to a mother. “We don't have any more schedules so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll talk to manager hyung and try to sway him.”

 

“Thanks Ryewook,” Donghae patted him on the back. Looking round the room and not finding what he was looking for, he turned back to Ryeowook. “Where's Kyuhyun?”

 

“As soon as we came in he got his phone from his bag and left. I tried shouting him but he ignored me,” Ryeowook informed. Seeing the worry in the two men's eyes he added, “I'll try to find him.” When he stepped away Siwon threw himself into Donghae's idle arms, bending his knees so that he could bury his face into his neck. To everyone else who didn't know what was happening the act looked crazy.

 

Ryeowook walked the corridors quickly, dipping his head into every room where the door would open. Kyuhyun was no where to be found. At the end of the corridor was a bathroom, a public place where it was possible Kyuhyun would be. Ryeowook quickened his pace and when he reached the door, he could hear Kyuhyun's voice.

 

“Come on, please answer.” His voice was tear tinged and frantic.

 

Pressing his palms flat against the door Ryeowook began to push it gently. When it was open enough he dipped his head in. “Kyuhyun?” He called out to the figure stood near the far wall with his back to the door and a phone to his ear. “Kyuhyun?”

 

Hearing the soft voice calling his name Kyuhyun turned around. His eyes were wide and tears lined the bottom lid threatening to fall. Seeing it was Ryeowook his eyes widened even further and he began walking towards him, the hand holding his phone extended towards him.

 

“He won't answer.” His voice was heart-breakingly desperate and his bottom lip quivered slightly.

Ryeowook stepped fully into the room and walked quickly towards Kyuhyun, meeting him halfway, taking the phone from him and grabbing a hold of his shaking hand. “Oh Kyuhyun. How many times have you tried?” He asked.

 

“A lot. Maybe fifteen. It just rings and rings.” Ryeowook could hear the tears chocking Kyuhyun's words. Instinctively he pulled the taller man into a hug, trying his best to rap his arms over the top of Kyuhyun's so that he could hold him. Kyuhyun felt all feeling rush from him and he melted into the comfort.

 

 

**

 

 

“Sit down.” Eunhyuk didn't ask he commanded.

 

“I won't sit down. I can't sit down.” Sungmin bit back through gritted teeth. Sungmin's stoic stupor had melted, giving way to a restless rage.

 

“You need to sit down. We need to talk about this.” Eunhyuk tried again keeping his tone as calm as possible under the circumstances. He needed to keep this under control if there was any hope of salvaging the relationship this time. The odds weren't in his favour.

 

“What the hell is there to talk about?” Sungmin demanded.

 

“Sungmin calm down,” Yesung tried but it was ignored.


Moving closer to Sungmin Eunhyuk tried to break through to him. “About Kyuhyun, about what happened.”

 

With a laugh bordering on manic, Sungmin replied: “We had this conversation last time. You're just like a broken record. I don't want to hear it.”

 

“Well then obviously you need to hear it again.” Eunhyuk stepped closer. “Just like before, it was all an act. Just like before, it meant nothing.”

 

“It meant something. I didn't fully believe it before but I gave him the benefit of the doubt........ Not this time.”

 

The whole time Sungmin's phone had been ringing. “Aren't you going to answer your phone?” Eunhyuk asked.

 

“Not this time,” was the simple definite reply.

 

Before anyone could stop him he was at the door stepping into his shoes. Eunhyuk tried to stop him from leaving but Yesung prevented him. “There's no use, just let him go.” He stepped through the open door and pulled it closed with a bang.

 

The walk back to his apartment was done in a daze of anger and frustration and when he was back he went straight to his room, locked the door behind him and collapsed onto his bed. His thoughts were buzzing about and bouncing off the walls of his skull so quickly that they were incoherent. All he could feel was anger. Anger knocked him out and he was asleep within minutes.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Wow it's been longer since I last updated than I thought. Sorry. And the update is rubbish, the second half is definitely worse than the first :(

I've been busy with life and writing other fics....... Also I kind of felt a bit fed up with this fic so couldn't bring myself to write it so I started a new fic........

 

Anyway. I really like the new feature where I can reply directly to comments, that was the one thing I actually like about LJ (I hate posting on there!). But now it's here and it's groovy!! Give me comments to reply to?? *hides in a bush*

 

Thank you for reading, as always I appreciate it greatly!! *bear hugs*