Strawberry Lattes and Sneaking Hyungs

Torments In Powder Pink

 

As the night ticked over into a new day, Sungmin lay in bed contemplating everything that had happened that evening. He and Kyuhyun were going to give this whole relationship thing a go. The thought made him feel simultaneously excited and utterly terrified. The only other relationship he'd ever been in was when he was in high school and, if truth be told, it wasn't exactly a relationship, more like they went on a few dates then gave up. And it was a girl...... so this whole situation with Kyuhyun was almost entirely new for him. But he obviously felt something for him, and Kyuhyun talked sense, he was right that they may as well give it a try. Just thinking about it made Sungmin cheeks rouge.

 

Kyuhyun – in his room – felt much the same, but he was more on the excited side. He was entirely overwhelmed that Sungmin agreed. He, unlike Sungmin, had been in several relationships both during high school and in the time before he joined the group, but non lasting a very long time. Just quick flings, never with any strong feelings. This negated nothing though, he still felt nervous as hell about the whole situation.

 

 

*

 

 

Sungmin's alarm clock abruptly woke him from his sleep at seven am. He wasn't doing anything in particular today, but he wanted to make sure he was up early enough to have a shower and make himself look presentable before Kyuhyun woke. Dragging himself sleepily out of his comfy bed, he gathered his things and made his way to the bathroom, quietly so as not to wake the other.

 

All showered, he got changed, which proved to be a far more difficult task than anticipated. Deciding on some dark blue skinny jeans he started to try on tops. First he tried a plain white t-shirt, but it was too tight. Then he tried a blue one, but that one was too big. Huffing in frustration he pulled it off and threw it to the ground. Opting for a shirt, he tried on a light grey one. Luckily it fit just right so another rage was unnecessary. Then he tidied his hair – smoothing it all over to the right side – then headed out to the kitchen to make coffee.

 

Coffee half way done, Kyuhyun emerged. He'd clearly put much less effort in than Sungmin as he was sporting the bed-head, pyjama look. When he saw Sungmin, he furiously attempted to straight his hair, running his fingers through it to work out any knots. Then he slowly stared to move towards him, taking in his form as the cloths he wore fitted to his physique perfectly. Sungmin – who was oblivious to his presence – almost knocked the two cups of coffee he was making of the counter and he felt two arms lace around his stomach.

 

Good morning,” Kyuhyun whispered softly as he pressed his head down onto Sungmin's shoulder.

 

G-good morning..... you scared me,” he replied, shaken and nervous at the close proximity.

 

Letting out a little giggle, Kyuhyun apologised: “Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I think it was the shirt.....” he finished by placing a timid kiss gently onto his shoulder.

 

KYU!” was the shocked response.

 

It is the shirt.......” he quickly said before being pushed away by the significantly redder man. Maybe the shirt was the right choice.......

 

Go sit down you fool, I've made you a cup of coffee.”

 

Kyu turned away laughing and made his way over to the sofa which he dropped himself onto with a thud. Sungmin was right behind with the coffees.

 

Make sure you let it cool down first before you pick it up this time,” Kyuhyun teased, giggling. He felt like a giddy school-girl this morning; it was getting progressively harder for him to hold in his giggles.

 

Oh I will. Not having another episode like that again. But don't tease me...... I was nervous.......” replied Sungmin.

 

Sungmin sat down next to Kyuhyun, but shuffled himself close to the opposite end so that he wasn't right next to him. This didn't go unnoticed so, as a counteract, Kyuhyun moved up the sofa so he was a little bit closer to him. Then they both sat still, their hands in their laps, unsure of what to do next.

 

so......” they both said in unison, letting out a nervous laugh at the same time too. Then they were silent, but it was peaceful.

 

After a few minutes of this, Kyuhyun spoke: “Ah! You're free today right? There's a new coffee shop that's opened that I'd really like to go to. Would you like to go?”

 

Yeah, of course. Sounds nice. I wonder if they'll have any strawberry flavoured drinks......”

 

Maybe they will” he replied with a smile.

 

 

*

 

Are you ready?” Asked Kyuhyun through Sungmin's bedroom door. He'd gone to grab a jacket and his shoes but had been in his room for fifteen minutes. “Why would it take this long?”

 

Promptly the door opened, revealing Sungmin wearing a dark green blazer-style jacket and black shoes. Kyuhyun's eyes widened and mouth dropped as he looked him up and down.

 

What?!” bit Sungmin.

 

Nothing. You look really nice and all...... but we are only going to a coffee shop,” he informed, biting his lip slightly.

 

Cheeks flushing a little, Sungmin quickly replied: “I know, I always dress like this.”

 

Knowing full well that was a lie – he's lived with him for several years now – Kyuhyun just decided to nod, considering it a compliment that he wanted to dress up for him. Kyuhyun had made no special effort: just black jeans, a red t-shirt and grey jacket.

 

After you,” Kyuhyun said while opening the door. They both exited and headed for the coffee shop. When out on the pavement, Sungmin stood nervously looking down at his twiddling fingers.

 

What's wrong?” Kyuhyun asked him bemusedly.

 

The reply was the of a hand towards him.

 

You want me to hold it?”

 

Sungmin nodded. Kyuhyun took it. First he just gently touched it, his fingers over his palm , then he twisted his hand so that their fingers were laced.

 

I thought you'd be too nervous just yet to hold my hand,” he commented, curious about what had brought it on.

 

ummmm well.... that's what you're supposed to do isn't it? Hold hands with your boy...... your boyfriend,” cheeks reddening at the last part.

 

...... I guess you're right....” a gentle smile forming at the innocent comment. “Its nice,” a soft squeeze of his hand following for emphasis.

 

Walking side by side – hand in hand – they walked in the direction of the coffee shop. Both so entranced, they didn't notice that they were being followed the entire way by two sneaky souls. Eunhyuk and Donghae had received word from the unsuspecting Kyuhyun that they were going out and promptly decided that they would observe – stalk – what happened. If truth be told, they were just fluff-seekers. They were both stood behind a tree watching when Sungmin offered his hand to Kyuhyun. Eunhyuk – who currently had possession of the binoculars they had brought along – started squealing and jumping up and down, followed by Donghae shouting: “What?! What?!” while simultaneously trying to wrestle the binoculars out of Eunhyuk's vice like grip.

 

Oh my God! That was the sweetest thing I've ever seen!” he declared while still looking through the binoculars, trying to hold Donghae back.

 

What?! What is? What happened?!” he asked, jumping up and down now in joint frustration and excitement.

 

Minnie Hyung just gave his hand to Kyuhyunnie to hold! It was sooooooo sweet!”

 

Awwwwwwwww really? So we really were successful yesterday!” an ecstatic Donghae shouted.

 

I knew we would be! Just needed to give a gentle push! But now they're on the move, so lets get going or we'll lose 'em”.

 

Keeping a safe distance, they continued to stalk.

 

When the coffee shop was reached they proplt went in, standing and taking in the surroundings for a few seconds before looking at the drinks menu.

 

Yay! They have a strawberry latte!” Shouted sungmin excitedly, practically jumping up and down on the spot.

 

I'm guessing you want that then. Hmmmmm I think I'll have a cinnamon latte,” he announced then walked to the counter to give the order to girl with a welcoming smile.

 

Drinks made and smelling delicious, they found a table to sit at.

 

It's lovely in here. How did you hear about it?” enquired Sungmin.

 

Teukie told me about it, you know how he loves his coffee.”

 

Sungmin nodded while taking a big drink of his latte. “mmmmmmm this is delicious! Try it!” he announced, offering the cup to Kyuhyun who took a sip willingly.

 

It is nice,” he agreed, then taking a sip of his own before offering it to Sungmin. “Mine's good too.”

 

mmmmmm you're right. I love cinnamon! I'll get that one next time!”

 

They were smiling at each other until Kyuhyun was distracted by the bell attached to the door that rang to signal someone entering. His jaw almost dropped through the floor when he saw who it was. Eunhyuk and Donghae had just come sauntering through the door, looking more than pleased with themselves.

 

What is it?” Sungmin asked, looking in the direction that Kyuhyun was. “What are they doing here?”

 

I'm pretty sure they're here to be nosy. I told Eunhyuk we were coming here today.” Kyuhyun informed.

 

Drinks ordered and received, Eunhyuk and Donghae sat at a table as far from the others as possible, not even acknowledging them.

 

Those two are ridiculous.”

 

Trying to ignore them, Sungmin and Kyuhyun continued talking, but it was really bothering Kyuhyun. He kept hearing them giggling and every time, he'd look over at them and see them quickly turn their heads from him and Sungmin, pretending they hadn't been watching. After a couple of occurrences of this, Kyuhyun had had enough.

 

Yah! You're not invisible, I know your spying on us,” he shouted at them.

 

Turning to look at him with an oblivious look on their faces, they both said in unison: “Kyuhyun ah, Sungmin hyung!! How long have you two been here?!”

 

Yah! Don't you even try that! There's no way you could've missed us,” he shouted.

 

Faces contorting in forced confusion, Eunhyuk replied: “I don't know what you're talking about.”

 

Frustrated, Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin's hand and pulled him up, taking him out of the coffee shop. As they were going through the door, he heard Donghae gasp and comment on how manly and handsome he was being.

 

Those two are imbeciles!” Kyuhyun fumed, clearly angry. He hadn't stopped dragging Sungmin and they were almost half way home now.

 

Wrist starting to hurt, Sungmin tried to pull his arm form Kyuhyun. “Calm down will you! You're really hurting my arm!”

 

Stopping as if just realising what he was doing, he released Sungmin's arm. “Sorry,” he muttered.

 

It's okay,” he replied. “Don't let them bother you. If you think about it, its sweet that they wanted to see us,” he offered as an attempt to cheer him up, nudging him on the arm.

 

I guess you're right,” Kyuhyun gave in.

 

Taking his hand – softly this time – they continued on their way home.

 

 

*

 

 

When they got back, it was pretty much time for tea, so they ordered a pizza, neither of them wanting to cook. Before they knew it, time had ticked round to twelve O'clock.

 

Wow, look at the time. I probably should go to sleep. I have schedule tomorrow.” Sungmin announced.

 

Sounding disappointed, Kyuhyun replied: “I guess you're right.”

 

Getting up and stretching, Sungmin made his way to his bedroom; Kyuhyun following behind dragging his feet. Stopping in front of his door, they both stood looking at the floor, nerves coming out of nowhere to take over them.

 

So.... Goodnight,” Sungmin said at an almost whisper.

 

Goodnight Sungmin,” was the reply.

 

That would be the moment they'd both turn and go into their rooms but there was something hanging in the air stopping them from moving. Their eyes remained on the floor a little longer before Kyuhyun looked up and at Sungmin.

 

Um.....” he muttered, reaching his hand out and Sungmin's cheek before planting a gentle, lingering kiss on it. When he pulled away Sungmin was blushing.

 

Night,” they both said in unison before quickly escaping into their rooms. Both of them grinned like fools as soon as they were safe behind their doors.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

This chapter certainly isnt the best I've ever written :/ I'm just not  too sure where I want to take the story from here. Thats probably why it took so long to update too :/

 

But anyway, thank you all for reaidng this far :D I really really appreciate it!!

 

xoxo