Plottings and Slowdances

Torments In Powder Pink

 

 

Kyuhyun stopped dead in the bathroom doorway, his feet shuffling from embarrassment as he was face to face with a topless Sungmin. The latter was equally as embarrassed. Not knowing quite where to look, his eyes darted about the man.

 

“I....I'm sorry. I didn't realise you were in here.......” Kyuhyun stuttered, lifting up his hand to wipe imaginary dust from his face, trying to disguise his oncoming blush.

 

Feeling utterly exposed, Sungmin grabbed his for the nearest thing that he could use to cover up. It happened to be his strawberry patterned towel face towel. Panicking, he attempted to cover himself the best he could. The manner that he did it was almost comical. With it being a face towel, it was only small so he held it up high enough to just cover over his s, sacrificing the exposure of his belly button. A hand at each corner holding it with his fingertips, his elbow splayed out to the side. There really was no use.

 

The only thing it did do was earn a laugh from Kyuhyun. Finding the image before him ridiculous but at the same time cute, he doubled over in laughter, his body pulsing as waves of laughter coursed through him.

 

Sungmin, seeing the effect his entirely serious display had had on the man before him, started to realise actually how ridiculous he must have looked. With a slow rumble like a motorbike starting up, he started to laugh too, towel still in place.

 

As his laughter subsided, Sungmin scraped up the traces of his dignity and shouted: “Ya Kyuhyun! Go away! I need to get a shower!”

 

“I'm.... going....” Kyuhyun replied in between laughs before for leaving Sungmin to it, closing the door as he went.

 

It was Eunhyuk's birthday that day and they were throwing him a surprise party to celebrate. It was all Donghae's idea because he like to treat him. Teukie had been more than happy to make all of the arrangements. They had to be there by eight to prepare as Donghae would be bringing Eunhyuk at half past. It was currently seven fifteen and Kyuhyun still hadn't showered. He was supposed to be getting one before Sungmin but he had gotten distracted playing Starcraft and Sungmin having gotten bored of waiting for him, had taken the first shower. Hence the awkward moment in the bathroom.

 

When Sungmin was done, it was half past. Kyuhyun practically flew into the shower, almost slipping on the floor as it was wet. It was the quickest shower he had ever had. Not caring if Sungmin was about, just wanting to get ready as quick as possible so that they weren't late, Kyuhyun walked from the bathroom to his bedroom (through the living room) with just a towel wrapped around his lower half, his hear dripping torturous drops of water onto his goose-pimpled skin. Due to his hurry, he didn't notice that Sungmin was present. He was sat on the sofa drying his hair with a hair-dryer. He also didn't notice that Sungmin's jaw was now on the floor.

 

 

The time had just ticked over to eight o'clock as Sungmin and Kyuhyun climbed into the car. Siwon Shindong had been in the car waiting impatiently for them.

 

“We're gonna be late!” Announced Sungmin frantically. “If you didn't play on that god-damn game so much......”

 

“Hey! Don't bring Starcraft into this. You should have gotten in the shower earlier!” Kyuhyun defended.

 

“You were supposed to be having the first shower. We organized this!”

 

Watching them bemusedly, Shindong interrupted: “guys, guys, we're on our way so it doesn't matter.” Starting to laugh he added: “You sound like an old married couple.”

 

That stopped them. They both froze in their glares and synchronously turned their heads to face Shindong.

 

Shindong, who's laughing had subsided as soon as he got the double glare attahc, spoke again in an attempt to quell the anger.

 

“Calm down, I was only joking.”

 

A blush was rising once again on Sungmin's cheek, which he quickly coved by looking out of the window for the rest of the journey.

 

 

They arrived at the location of the party at twenty past eight; just in time. Seeing them walking through the door, Teukie threw his arms up in the air in happiness and practically danced towards them. Reaching them, his tone stiffened as he spoke:

 

“You're late,” he said in a dead-pan tone before throwing up his arms and pulling them all into a hug. “Better late than never!” he shouted.

 

Then his phone beeped, an indication that he had received a text message. It was from Donghae. They were on their way.

 

“THEY'RE COMING!”

 

The room was suddenly in chaos, everyone running around finding things to hide behind, a couple of fights nearly breaking out when several people wanted to hide in the same place. Everyone hidden, they waited in silence.

 

When the door creaked open, everyone jumped out, a chorus of “surprise” ringing through the room. The look on Eunhyuk's face was priceless. He had simultaneously mastered the surprised/happy/about to cry look. Biting at his lips in an attempt to hold in the tears was a failure as the beads started to form and roll down his cheeks at a speed that was almost frightening. Donghae, who had been stood next to him the whole time found it quite funny but still attempted to stop the tears by hugging him tightly. Eunhyuk was too much in shock to hug back.

 

“Th-thank y-you so m-much,” he managed to push out between sobs and sniffles.

 

He wasn't quite prepared for the onslaught of cuddles that he began to receive, people coming from all angles to hug him. At one point he thought he was going to suffocate from all the bodies pressed up tight against him. Donghae, who was holding on tightly to Eunhyuk's arm didn't mind at first, but became more and more jealous with every hug. Some he even took upon himself to separate if they were lasting too long. Siwon, who had been waiting for the kerfuffle to calm, approached Eunhyuk last for a cuddle.

 

“Saving the best for laugh,” he announced as he strutted towards him, a sultry pout forming on his lips.

 

Donghae, knowing what Siwon was like and not fully trusting him attempted to block him by hugging Eunhyuk himself but it was futile. Siwon wanted to give him a birthday hug and wouldn't be stopped by anything. Getting up to them, he quickly and efficiently removed Donghae, pealing him off and moving him away by lifting him under his armpits and placing him down behind him. The ease of it left Donghae stunned. They he made his move on Eunhyuk.

 

“That man needs to learn to share,” Siwon spoke seductively. Wrapping his arms around him, he pulled Eunhyuk into a close, tight hug, bending slightly and resting his face on his shoulder. Bringing up his right arm, he placed his hand on the back of Eunhyuk's head, smooshing his face into his shoulder. He didn't let go until he felt he'd given him enough love; so a very long time, placing sloppy kissed on his cheek at regular intervals. Donghae just watched on in stunned silence. The extent of his amorous actions frightened people sometimes.

 

The night passed by with eating, drinking and dancing. Despite having to spend a lot of the night fighting off Siwon's advances, Eunhyuk was really enjoying himself.

 

As with most parties, the last couple of songs before it ended were slow ones, leaving everyone to wind down with a gentle slow dance. As soon as they started, Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other and smirked an evil-we're-plotting smile. Seeking out Kyuhyun and Sungmin who had sat down at a table with their drinks to relax, Eunhyuk and Donghae stood before them, their evil smiles replaced with angel like ones.

 

Putting on his best cutesy voice, Eunhyuk spoke: “Sungminnie hyung, Kyuhyunie, would you do something for me?”

 

“What is it?” Sungmin asked, completely taken in by the cute act.

 

“Since it is my birthday – and I would really love it – would you two have a slow dance,” he asked, adding a gentle sway to his smile. “Pleeeeeeeease? Just one,” he added when he saw the two men start to shuffle uncomfortably.

 

“I don't know about that.....” Sungmin started, only to be interrupted.

 

“Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?” repeated Eunhyuk.

 

Attempting to convince them, Donghae joined in: “But Ryeowook and Yesung are and Kangin and Teukie.”

 

“But...... we don't want anyone to know we're together.......” Kyuhyun said with a whisper.

 

“But it's obvious you two are together,” Siwon burst out of nowhere, his stalking skill rising to a whole other level. “You're sat right next to each other!”

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun almost exploded in shock at what Siwon had said, wondering if they were really that obvious, before they heard the second part which made them realise that he had taken 'together' literally.

 

“Dance men, it is his birthday. And what my lovely Eunhyuk wants, my lovely Eunhyuk gets!” he announced, sauntering over to the two men sat dumbstruck and pulling them up from their seats. Eunhyuk and Donghae just watched on amused that Siwon was doing all the work for them, happy they they were going to get what they wanted.

 

Siwon continued to drag the two men until they had reached the middle of the dance floor. By now, they had formed a crowd of on-lookers who were curious as to why Siwon was dragging them. Stopping dead, Siwon swung them both round so that they were stood a foot apart, looking very uncomfortable in that situation.

 

“Well you might as well now,” he said with a one-sided smirk. When neither moved, he started to applied a gentle pressure onto both of their backs, pushing them together.

 

Frustration reaching boiling point, Kyuhyun let out an angry shout: “Stop pushing me! I can do it myself!”

 

Before Sungmin – or even Siwon for that matter – had chance to react, Kyuhyun had reached out both his arms and pulled Sungmin strongly towards him, pressing his body flush against his own by putting his hands on his lower back. Sungmin's face was a picture of shock for the first few seconds that preceded before he realised what had happened, relaxing into the gentle hold and looping his arms up and round Kyuhyuns neck.

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae practically started bouncing up and down on the spot, letting out muffled screams and chanting “KyuMin” together quietly.

 

Timidly, Kyuhyun looked down as Sungmin who, at the same time, had started to move his head to look up at him. When their eyes met they smiled at each other. A soft blush was spread over Sungmin's cheeks as he started to gently nibble on his bottom lip through nerves. This was a bad move as Kyuhyun found himself transfixed, the added closeness of their bodies not helping one bit. Carefully Sungmin moved his hands so that his fingers were laced on the back of Kyuhyun's neck, slowly his hair with his thumbs. His hands were cold but it was relaxing to Kyuhyun, counteracting the heat that was coursing though him.

 

 

 

The two men had seemed to spark off some sort of love bomb as almost everyone who had been watching them had suddenly become amorous, grabbed the nearest person to them and beginning to slow dance. Eunhyuk and Donghae were amongst these but, so as not to lose view of Kyuhyun and Sungmin, had moved closer, tilting both their heads to face them. Leeteuk and Kangin had stopped dancing to watch the two men with proud smiles. On the other hand Heechul was staring at them vicously, his eyes possessing a serpentine look that could kill, invisible steam flying out of his ears. He clearly was not amused.

 

In their own dream world Sungmin and Kyuhyun were two enthralled by each other to notice anything. As if it was the most natural thing in the world, their bodies continued to sway perfectly in sync, letting the gentle rhythm of the music guide them.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The updates for this are probably going to be very slow because I'm very busy with uni work at the moment :/.

It's nice to write something that isn't soul-destroyingly boring though! Makes me feel less inclined to explode.....

 

Anyway, thank you for continuing to read!!

 

XO