He is nothing to me.

Torments In Powder Pink

 

 

 

Sungmin sat on the sofa after hanging up on Kyuhyun, still refusing to have any contact with him. After turning off his phone, he put it in his jeans pocket and ignored all pleas from Eunhyuk to switch it back on. Eunhyuk had tried several times and on the final attempt, he lost all self control. Throwing himself through the air, Eunhyuk landed on top of Sungmin on the sofa, grabbing his wrists and pinning his arms with surprising ease. Sungmin struggled a bit but under the current circumstances he felt like he had no fight in him. Taking a hold of both wrists in one hand with an adrenaline induced strength, Eunhyuk s his arms down and delved into the right pocket of Sungmin's jeans, recovering the phone and instantly switching it back on.

 

“No! No! Stop it!” Sungmin started bucking his hips in an attempt to get Eunhyuk off him and gain his freedom.

 

“Sungmin stop being a big baby. You need to have your phone switched on and if he rings again, you must talk to him!” Eunhyuk bellowed, gritting his teeth in frustration. The possible break up of KyuMin was doing nothing for his nerves. He was unmoved by Sungmin's bucking, remaining straddling his hips with a hand holding his wrists.

 

“I. Don't. Want. To.” The venom could be heard on Sungmin's tongue. “You can't make me.”

 

Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes on Sungmin before speaking again. “Is that a challenge?”

 

“No, its a statement.” There was a look in Sungmin's eyes, a look connoting to murder, a look not to be taken lightly.

 

As much as Eunhyuk wanted to hold him down and force him to speak to Kyuhyun, the look in Sungmin's eyes unnerved him somewhat. Climbing off him he threw the phone down onto the sofa beside him.

“Fine then, but when all of this falls apart from a stupid misinterpretation on your part – and it will - don't come crying to me.” He widened his eyes to look Sungmin full in the face and add emphasis to his words. “I mean it.” Then turning he stalked out of the room.

 

Sungmin sat silent for a few seconds before once again switching his phone off. Right at that moment, he felt stubborn enough to deny that he would react the way Eunhyuk had suggested. Run crying? What a load of rubbish.

 

In the seclusion of the bathroom, Eunhyuk hurriedly pulled out his own phone and dialled the familiar number of Donghae again. The voice that answered held the same emotion that was currently tormenting Eunhyuk himself.


“Eunhyuk? What's happening?” Donghae's frantic voice implored, questioning him before he even had chance to say hello.

 

“Sungmin's being stubborn, he really is acting like a big baby. I don't know what we are gonna do. Have you seen Kyuhyun at all?” Eunhyuk answered then started his own questioning.

 

“Yes I have. He seemed pretty oblivious so I explained things to him then told him he had to ring Sungmin. So what happened? How did it go?”

 

“How did it go?” Eunhyuk released a little laugh. “He hung up on him.”

 

“Kyuhyun did?” Donghae was incredulous, no quite grasping what Eunhyuk was meaning.


“No! Sungmin did!”

 

Nodding Donghae replied: “Ah well that makes more sense. Why did he hang up, what did Kyuhyun say?”

 

“He didn't have chance to say anything. I spoke to him for a bit then when I passed the phone to Sungmin he hung up straight away then turned his phone off.”

 

“He didn't even listen to what he had to say??”

“No I think him hanging up straight away makes that obvious.” Eunhyuk snapped, unable to control himself under the stress of the situation. “This is no good.”

 

“I know. I'm worried..... What should we do?” Donghae sought Eunhyuk for the wisdom to solve the problem.

 

“Well as I see it we have two options. We could either leave him to cool off or convince him to talk to Kyuhyun. What do you think?” Eunhyuk explained.

 

Donghae took a moment to think before answering. “I think you should try talking to him again, get Yesung to as well.”
 

“I think you're right, we need to act fast before anything else happens.” Eunhyuk agreed. “I'll get to it. I will ring you soon. By Hae and don't worry.”
 

“Good luck. Bye bye.”

Eunhyuk hung up the phone and gathered his bearings before stalking out of the room again.

 

 

~~

 

 

Donghae had just placed his phone on the bedside table and his body on his bed when a knock came to his door.

 

“Come in,” he shouted figuring I would be one of his band mates and he was proved right as Kyuhyun walked in, his head hanging low.

 

“Kyuhyun?” Donghae spoke his name as a question, concerned over the angle of his neck.


“Hello Hyung.” it was clear from his voice – and how he referred to Donghae as Hyung - that he was feeling sorry for himself. “Sungmin hung......”

 

“I know,” Donghae cut through to make the conversation quicker. “Eunhyuk has just phoned me and told me all about it. What are you going to do about it?”

 

“What do you mean? What can I do?” He threw his arms up in emphasis. “I tried to phone him and some use that did. How else can I get him to talk to me cause, in case you've forgotten, we're in China!” He was suddenly starting to fell heavy so sat on the bed next to Donghae to take the weight from his feet. “I'm stuck.”

 

“The only thing you can do is to keep trying to ring him. Even if he doesn't answer – which he probably won't – at least he'll know you're persistent.” It was strange how Donghae suddenly felt like he knew all the answers after he'd spoken to Eunhyuk. He built up his confidence no end.

 

“He should know by now that I'm persistent..... its hardly a hidden fact about me.....” Kyuhyun responded. He would certainly be persistent with Sungmin, he couldn't let it end over something so stupid.

Donghae laughed before responding. “You're right..... Also, you need to talk to Zhou Mi, put him in his place. Tell him about Sungmin if you have to, just make him stay away from you. If he says anything else, Sungmin will likely be even worse.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded his head. Donghae was right. He knew he needed to act straight away. His first attempt had failed but he would make sure his next one didn't. He was going to make this better.

 

Standing up he set off from the room, waving goodbye to Donghae over his shoulder. Donghae lifted his hand to his chest feeling his fanboy heart swell with pride.

 

 

~~

 

 

“Sungmiiiiiiiiiin.” Eunhyuk sat at the side of Sungmin on the sofa again and shook his arm. “You can't keep this up forever. You need to talk to him. You've probably scared him sick by not answering your phone because - knowing him – he'll have been ringing none stop since the first time.”

 

There was a momentary flicker of remorse in Sungmin's eyes but it was quickly dashed away. “I don't care.”

 

“You do! You do! I saw I in your eyes.”

 

“Saw what in my eyes? You're off your head.”
 

“Oh Sungmin just stop being a baby and speak to him. Give him the chance to explain. You owe him that much at least.”

 

“I owe him nothing. I didn't tell him to do what he did.” Sungmin was angry now.

 

“What did he do? It was all Zhou Mi!” Eunhyuk was bubbling too.

 

Sungmin paused for a moment in thought before defending his case. “Exactly, he didn't do anything. He didn't deny it.”

 

“That means nothing! I don't know how many times we need to go over this! Let him explain everything, you'll feel much better.”

 

“I don't want to hear his explanation.” Sungmin said bluntly. He really was a stubborn child.

 

Trying to convince Sungmin was like trying to like your own elbow: pointless, so Eunhyuk decided to try coming in at a different angle.

 

“Fine then, you win, let it all fall to bits. You might as well let Kyuhyun know now that its over, why wait?” He turned round to face away from Sungmin. “Go ahead, do it, put him out of his misery.”

 

Sungmin stopped any movement and stared dead ahead. What Eunhyuk had just said had shocked him. In all honesty, he'd felt too angry to even consider that fully and hearing it put so bluntly surprised him. A sickly feeling of panic was beginning to bubble in his stomach at the thought and in that moment he wanted to be with Kyuhyun, so much so that it was bringing tears to his eyes.

 

Eunhyuk was playing the act of not being interested, facing away from Sungmin but really he had been watching him out of his peripheral the whole time. He had seen the instant change in his face, it was clear as day..... it was the exact reaction he had wanted.

 

“Sungmin?” He spoke gently, the words instantly releasing the tears from Sungmin's eyes. Seeing them Eunhyuk s his arm around him and pulled his head onto his shoulder. “Don't cry. You know what you have to do now. Juts turn your phone on and when he rings, speak to him.”

 

Eunhyuk's words were soothing but there was still some reluctance holding him back. Sungmin didn't reach for his phone so Eunhyuk decided to push him again; only gentler this time. “Want me to do it for you?” He was already reaching as his asked and when Sungmin nodded slowly, He grabbed it from the coffee table and hurriedly turned it on. Honestly his hands couldn't move fast enough. He only prayed that Kyuhyun would stay persistent. And his prayers came true cause as soon as the phone had fully booted up, it rang. Sungmin visibly jumped, using his shaking hands to take the phone from Eunhyuk when it was offered to him. Eunhyuk smiled on the inside but kept a stoic countenance.

 

 

Upon accepting the call the voice on the other end instantly spoke in surprised but tender tones. “Sungmin?”

 

Kyuhyun, on attempting to contact Sungmin again, had felt confident that he would answer. He had even planned out everything he would say to him but now that he actually had answered, Kyuhyun's planned conversation had dissipated, the words dripping from his lips before he had chance to say them. He just ran with the first thing that popped into his head. “I've tried to call you lots of times.” Several moments passed in which there was no reply so Kyuhyun spoke again. “Sungmin, are you there?”

 

Several more strangled moments passed before Sungmin awoke from his stupor, the tenderness in his voice making him still want to be with him. “Yes. I'm here K-Kyuhyun.”

 

“Good. Are you okay?”

 

“What do you think?” a bite began to appear in Sungmin's voice.

 

Reacting to this Kyuhyun replied: “I guess your not.”

 

Sungmin could feel his anger building again at stupidity of Kyuhyun's replies – or what he deemed as stupid.

“You guess I'm not?! What the hell do you want Kyuhyun?”

 

Eunhyuk, who was still next to Sungmin, cringed at his words.

 

Kyuhyun thought over his words carefully, shocked by Sungmin sudden snap. But was he really? Surely he should have been more shocked that he even answered. “I want to make this okay. I want to make you okay.”

 

“And how do you plan to do that?” Sungmin spat back instantly. At that moment he deemed everything Kyuhyun said as ridiculous.

 

“By explaining everything. There is nothing between Zhou Mi and I.”

 

“It looked pretty real to me,” was Sungmin's bitter reply.

 

“You of all people should know it was fake.”

 

“Why didn't you deny it if its fake? Were you afraid of hurting his feelings?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun could feel his own anger rising now at the confirmation that Sungmin actually suspected him to be cheating on him. “Because we were on a live show and it what the fans want to see. You know this. It meant nothing, everyone is like that.”

 

“It wasn't nothing to me......” the hurt was clear in his voice.

 

“Sungmin. Listen to me: I'm with you and only you. I love you and – surprise surprise – only you.”

 

Sungmin paused, the words he had just heard hitting him a kick to the stomach. “K-Kyuh-hyun.....”

 

The volume on the phone was loud enough that Eunhyuk could hear everything Kyuhyun was saying, making him nod in agreement to most of the things he had said. The final words almost sent him in to a full-blown fanboy fit. How could that guy be so cute and adorable and yet such a evil bully? Eunhyuk was amazed.

 

“Just please believe me Sungmin. I swear there is nothing between Zhou Mi and I and he will never say anything like he did again, I'll make sure of it!” Kyuhyun was winning, saying more to build his case. “Do you believe me?”

 

Sungmin was shaking his head slightly but was promptly stopped by a swift push from Eunhyuk.

 

“Please believe me,” Kyuhyun begged.


“I-I do.”

 

The release of Kyuhyun's heart could be heard over the phone. “Oh Sungmin! I swear I will keep my word. I love you.”

 

“I lo...... goodbye Kyuhyun, I'm going now.” Sungmin promptly hung up the phone, purposefully not looking at Eunhyuk who was gaping at him. How Sungmin could ruin a moment as sweet as that he didn't know.

 

 

Kyuhyun was sat on his bed, breathing steadily to regain a normal heart rhythm after the onslaught of emotions that had hit him.

 

 

~~

 

Donghae was pacing his room, impatient to hear from Eunhyuk. When his phone eventually beeped indicating a text he nearly jumped through the ceiling.

 

 

They've talked!! Kyuhyun has managed to convince him – somewhat – that

there is nothing between him and Zhou Mi. Sungmin is still tender but its a

start. You need to make sure Zhou Mi stays away from him!! xx

 

 

Donghae's face evolved into a large smile. Siwon, who was back in the room again, saw this and threw himself from the bed.

 

“What? What is it?” In swift strides he walked to Donghae, grabbed him by the arms and shook him violently. “Tell me man!” He was demanding as if Donghae had refused but in actual fact he just hadn't given him chance to answer.

 

“T- hey've t-talked, t-things a-are o-ok-kay.”

 

Siwon pulled Donghae towards him, holing him flush against his body while shouting: “Yes! Happiness in upon me once again!”

 

Forcing himself free, Donghae added: “Woah woah, we're not out of danger yet. There is still Zhou Mi to contend with. If he does it again Sungmin will likely not recover so easily.”

 

Narrowing his eyes, his wide smile transformed into a grin. “Leave him to me.”

 

 

~~

 

 

“I've just heard him talking to Sungmin on the phone hyung.” Zhou Mi spoke quietly into his mobile phone on an ominous deserted staircase.

 

Heechul shifted in his seat – sitting for so long in a stiff, high-backed chair can really make your legs go to sleep. “And?” He replied.

 

“Sungmin must have been upset with him because he was explaining everything to him. He said that there was nothing between me and him. I think Sungmin believed him.”

 

“And what are you going to do about it?” Heechul growled, his voice sharp and cutting.

 

“I-I don't know..... what should I do?”

 

Heechul laughed. “Are you really that much of an imbecile? Think, you can do it.” He was mocking him, pushing it further by making a ticking sound with his tongue.

 

“I... I.... Should I continue flirting with him during schedules?” Heechul frightened him.

 

“Good boy, I knew you could do it. Now go, what the hell are you doing talking to me?!” He finished by hanging up.

 

Zhou Mi jumped on the spot a few times before going back. When in the room, Kyuhyun was already in bed and evidently asleep, but little did he know that Kyuhyun was just acting. He just really didn't want to talk to him. Not feeling tired himself, Zhou Mi decided to go down to the lobby for a drink, calling in on the other members on the way. Neither Hankyung or Henry wanted to go so he knocked on Donghae's room.

 

“Come in!”

 

Walking in he asked if anyone wanted to go to the lobby for a drink. Siwon, who was in the middle of the room with, pushed Donghae to the side winking at him.

 

“I will!” He said with a hint of humour in his voice. In graceful movements he swagged from the room following Zhou Mi.

 

In the lobby, they both bought drinks and found a quiet table to sit at. Siwon chose to sit facing him, his narrowed eyes never leaving his face, staring at him as if he could see straight through him. Zhou Mi was uncomfortable to say the least.

 

In low silky tones, Siwon had the first words: “Zhou Mi, I'm glad that we could have this time together, it's rare that we have any time together. Alone.”

 

Zhou Mi nodded his head and was about to speak but Siwon cut him off.

“I mean, this is nice isn't it. Just you and me, all on our own. It's cosy.” His eyes were still narrowed, his lips pouting and Zhou Mi could see now that he was trying to seduce him.

 

“Yes its nice,” what else could he say? He felt extremely uncomfortable.

 

“Look, lets cut to the chase, I know how you feel about Sungmin and I want you to know that there is no use. He is in love with Sungmin..... This being known, why don't you move onto better things,” he finished with a wink.

 

Was this man for real?

 

“Siwon, listen, I don't like y.....”

 

“No Zhou Mi, I know what you;re going to say and you're going to say and I feel I must inform you that you are incorrect.” He slid his chair around the table to get closer to Zhou Mi. “Of course you like me.”

 

Zhou Mi couldn't believe what he was hearing.

 

When Siwon was as close to Siwon as he could get, he narrowed his eyes even further and spoke lower. “Stay away from Kyuhyun.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi all :D :D

Sorry if the story seems to be moving slowly in the past few chapter. I was going to write more on this one but, since I haven't updated in a while, I will leave it here. I haven't been negelcting this by the way, I have been on holiday.

I feel quite sad its going to be ending soon. Its my first one :(. I feel like i should just continue it forever but it might become tedious..........

aaaaaanyway, thank you to readers, commenters and new subscribes. I am so thankful to all of you!! You make me smile :D