Rational advice for raging anxieties.

Torments In Powder Pink

 

 

 

“I love you.”

 

Sungmin stopped his repetitive hand up and down Kyuhyun, holding it still in the middle of his back before pulling it away and hovering it over his skin an inch away. He was sat on the edge of the bed with Kyuhyun knelt on the floor in between his legs.


“You l-love me?” His voice trembled from shock of hearing those three words.

 

Kyuhyun held on just as tightly to Sungmin after feeling his hand move away, worried he'd try to pull his whole body away. With tentative words he answered softly: “I....I do.”

 

Kyuhyun was right in his expectation because Sungmin did try to pull away. “But..... but you can't love me already......”

 

Shocked by Sungmin's statement, Kyuhyun pulled away himself but keeping his arms locked around Sungmin's back. He wasn't going to run away this time before he could explain. When Sungmin was confronted with Kyuhyun's questioning expression, accompanied with the feel of arms holding him tightly in place, he began to shuffle, trying to pull his body further away from Kyuhyun.

 

“Oh no you don't,” Kyuhyun interjected, tilting his head down to look into Sungmin's face which he was currently trying to bury it into his own chest. “I'm not just saying it, if that's what you think.”

 

Sungmin paused, giving Kyuhyun the opportunity to place his hand under Sungmin's chin and lift his head up. “I mean it,” he said confidently.

 

Sungmin had been refusing to look into his eyes, scanning everywhere on his face but when Kyuhyun said that, he joined his eyes with Kyuhyun's briefly.

 

“I mean it,” Kyuhyun said even more confidently, emphasising with a tip of his head. Sungmin just looked away again, allowing himself to be enveloped once again by Kyuhyun's strong arms. He was still currently topless so Sungmin couldn't help the blush that rose to his cheeks at the feel of his soft skin.

 

“I mean it,” Kyuhyun repeated again, this time at a whisper.

 

Slowly Sungmin moved his arms around to wrap around Kyuhyun again, his fingers grazing over his skin tenderly as they moved around to the centre of his back and overlapping. They stayed in each other's embrace for several minutes before Kyuhyun made a move. Keeping his arms laced around Sungmin, he began to stand up slowly, leaning over and pushing Sungmin downwards towards the bed. He encouraged him to shuffle up the bed by pushing him slightly, shuffling his own body up with him. When their heads reached the pillow they laid side by side, arms around each other, Sungmin pulled flush against Kyuhyun's chest. And like that they were both lulled him into a sleep as deep as a well,but for Sungmin, this didn't come straight away.

 

When eventually asleep, Sungmin dreamt of the car accident that left Kyuhyun scarred. He woke up several hours after going to sleep in a mad panic, feeling the need to find Kyuhyun to check he was okay. It wasn't until he had gotten over his initial mania that he realised that he was in the arms of the man he wanted to seek. Craning his head back, he looked up into Kyuhyun's face - still and peaceful from sleep – looking at him tentatively, panicking that it might not actually be him. When confirmed it was actually Kyuhyun, Sungmin heaved a large sigh and nestled his head back into his chest, closing his eyes in seek of sleep again.

 

 

~~

 

“Yoo hoo. Boys. Anyone here.”

 

Siwon let himself into the dorm and tip-toed around, looking around corners in search of the two men like a hunting dog. Then he remembered the previous morning and, stopping in his tracks, he swivelled to face the bedroom doors. Raising his shibrows he began his movements towards the doors.

 

“Are you both still in bed?” he asked, pressing his ear against the door to Sungmin's room. On hearing no sound, he swung it open quickly then promptly closed it again, furrowing his eyebrows. Then he pressed his ear to Kyuhyun's door, the sound of the two men's heavy sleep breathing reaching his ears. Grinning as his hunt proved successful, Siwon reached up his hand and loudly knocked on the door.

 

“Rise and shine sleepy heads,” his sing-song voice sounded. “It is a beautiful morning. I'm waiting for you so come out decent. I'll make coffee.”

 

Kyuhyun woke first, releasing an arm from around Sungmin and stretching it upwards, his back arching and pushing his stomach into Sungmin. When his body relaxed again, he looked down to Sungmin who was looking up at him with sleepy eyes.

 

“Who was that?” Sungmin asked in a voice croaky from sleep.

 

Kyuhyun had recognised the silky voice as Siwon's and had told Sungmin so.

 

“Siwon? How does he keep managing to get it even though the door is looked?” Really this was the question on both of their lips, voiced by Sungmin.

 

Truly flabbergasted himself, Kyuhyun answered: “beats me, he's a weird one Siwon. I don't put anything past him any more.”

 

Sungmin giggled, stretching his body then relaxing back into Kyuhyun's hold.

 

“Yoohoo! Don't keep me waiting.” Siwon spoke through the door in a sing song tone once again.

 

Both laughing now, they sat climbed out of bed. Kyuhyun, who had forgotten he was topless quickly turned away from Sungmin, grabbing a t-shirt quickly and placing it over himself. Sungmin blushed slightly, remembering the night before. Brushing the thoughts away he exited the room, Kyuhyun following behind, beaming down at the smaller man.

 

Rounding the corner they nearly collided with Siwon who managed to prevent it by springing back with reflexes matching those of a ninja. “ooooo that was close, luckily my ninja stealth is always activated and ready” he commented, walking towards them and pulling them both into a tight three-way bear hug. “Good morning,” he added, planting a kiss on both of their heads in turn.

 

“Siiiiiwon,” Sungmin extended his name as a sort of aegyo beration.

 

Letting them go he beamed at them. “I've made coffee. Come.” Taking them both by the hand, he lead the way to the kitchen table where five cups were prepared with fresh hot coffee, steam dancing up into the air.

 

“Five cups?” Kyuhyun asked confused, scanning the cups. “I think you've over-counted.”

 

 

“Oh Kyuhyun, you look so cute when you have just woke up,” Siwon declared, squeezing his left cheek. “On the contrary, there are just enough cups.”

 

Seconds later, the front door opened and the levitating heads of Donghae and Eunhyuk appeared around the corner, large smiles adorned, joined soon after by their bodies.

 

“Morning all,” they chanted in unison. Then narrowing their eyes on Siwon whilst sitting down, Eunhyuk said accusatory: “you were supposed to wait for us. Why did you rush off?”

 

Blinking slowly, arms folded, he answered matter-of-factly: “I couldn't wait any more for you both to be done with your faffing. I wanted to see our lovely KyuMin.”

 

Hearing his final words Sungmin and Kyuhyun turned to him with equal levels of shock on their faces. “KYUMIN?!” They shouted in unison.

 

Siwon jumped to face them, clutching at his chest, face contorted in exaggerated fear as if he were about to be berated for mis-behaving. “That's what them two call you,” he clarified, pointing to two snickering men, both looking very pleased with themselves. “Is that wrong? Should it be SungHyun?”

 

“No!” Kyuhyun shot the suggestion down almost too quickly, scowling at Eunhyuk and Donghae who were full blown laughing now, making the kind of sound you'd make if you tried to laugh with a plunger over your face, pumping away. “It's just that this whole pairing name is a bit childish in my opinion.”

 

This stopped the mischief-makers laughing as they both stopped dead, angry gazes pointed towards Kyuhyun. “What's wrong with pairing names?” Donghae asked.

 

“Oh I'm sorry, EunHae,” Kyuhyun snickered, not moved at all by the two men's threatening glances.

 

“What?! EunHae?!” Siwon bust into life again, eyeing the men incredulously. “What's this all about?”

 

“Never mind Siwon. We'll tell you when you're older.” Eunhyuk mocked, patting him on the head.

 

“But I am old enough,” Siwon bounced on his seat, displaying the start of a temper tantrum, earning giggles all round. “No one tells me anything.” Crossing his arms, he stuck out his bottom lip as far as it would go.

 

“Anyway, stop with the names,” Kyuhyun said forcefully.

 

“I..... I like it,” Sungmin voiced out of nowhere, earning confused stares all round.

 

“You do?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Yeah I do. It's cute. KyuMin..... It rolls off your tongue nicely.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, smiling down at the smaller man whilst snaking his arm around his shoulder. He was lost in the moment but was brought abruptly back down to Earth by a synchronised, girlish 'awwwwwwww' emitting from before them. It was of course Eunhyuk and Donghae, but this time it was joined by Siwon who brought the pitch down a level.

 

In reaction, Kyuhyun moved his arms away quickly, but allowing his fingertips to against Sungmin's back. He was annoyed that they couldn't do anything even remotely sweet without having screaming fanboys awwing at them.

 

“You three are so annoying,” he cursed. “I'm sure all this fanboying isn't healthy.”

 

“You'd be surprised,” Eunhyuk replied with a gummy smile.

 

Kyuhyun just shook his head again. Then he remembered something that he had wanted to ask Siwon.

 

“Oh yeah! How did you get in this morning?”

 

Sipping on his coffee in a way that might have pertained to seductive if it wasn't performed by Siwon, he replied coolly. “I have my ways boys. I have my ways.” Then he pointed his gaze upwards quickly before continuing to sip his coffee.

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun were more confused than they had been to begin with.

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

When everyone finally left, Sungmin busied himself cleaning up the discarded cups. For some reason he had felt suddenly awkward after they had gone, leaving him alone with Kyuhyun once again. He kept thinking about what Kyuhyun had said to him that night. Then he thought about the dream he had had. It was so vivid and real, like he was living that day all over again. He remembered how he had felt that day. He was utterly heartbroken, but back then it was purely out of friendship. The feeling he felt now was heartbreak on a higher level. He had loved him them, but it was love created by friendship. He loves him now, but is it the same?

 

Kyuhyun had said that he loves him, but how exactly did he mean. For him to be saying it whilst in a relationship, and at such an intimate time, he must mean it in a sense deeper than friendship because they are beyond friendship now.

 

But how did he himself feel?

 

He needed advice, but who to ask? He couldn't ask Eunhyuk, Donghae or Siwon as their fanboying would reach dangerous levels if they heard what Kyuhyun had said, rendering their ramblings incoherent to human ears. Heechul was definitely out of the question too as he would probably murder one of them. Teukie or Kangin were options, but they would play the mother/father role. Sure they would be clear and straight-talking, but Sungmin somehow felt uneasy telling them about it.

 

In a way, since he had never had a boyfriend – or even girlfriend for that matter – growing up, he felt like he had missed out on the opportunity to be fluffy and talk to friends about relationships and crushes. He wanted someone who he could do this with. Open a bottle of wine and talk about relationships. But who he would choose was a difficult decision.

 

Sungmin was deep in thought, stood with his hands immersed in hot soapy water when his phone sounded on the table, bring him back to his senses. He dried his hands and reached for his phone, flicking it open and reading the text message he had just received.

 

 

'Sungmin! Hope you are okay! Kyuhyun too! I was worried about you guys last night. Hope whatever it was is resolved! Love Ryeowook and Yesung x'

 

 

Ryeowook! That was it. He was the right person to talk to about his. He could have a 'girly' chat whilst still keeping it serious. After his sudden realisation, Sungmin quickly started typing out a message to Ryeowook.

 

'Hi Ryeowook. Things are okay, don't worry. But..... I was wondering if you are free? Thought we could meet up. I have something I really need to talk to you about. X”

 

The reply was prompt.

 

'Sure Sungmin. Where? Yesung is out at the moment if you'd maybe like to come around here? X'

 

Sungmin was on his way to his bedroom while typing his reply.

 

'Sure. I'll come round now. Thanks x'

 

'No problem. See you soon x'

 

 

Sungmin dressed himself, explained to Kyuhyun that he was going out, then promptly made his way to Ryeowook's. He felt apprehensive about talking to him about it, but he practically knew they were together and if anyone could help him, it was Ryeowook. He was light-hearted and easy-going but serious enough to talk about this kind of thing. Also he was rather feminine, so talking about love and other mushy topics suited to him down to the ground. Breathing deeply, Sungmin planned through how he was going to word his quandaries. Maybe he should just blurt it out and let Ryeowook interpret it as he likes. On the other hand, maybe he should explain more, talking about his reaction and how he feels about it. In all honesty, Sungmin knew there was no use in planning it too rigidly because things never go to plan.

 

When he arrived, Sungmin entered the building and took his time walking up the stairs. At Ryeowook's door, he knocked twice and waited for Ryeowook to open it. He was only waiting a few seconds before the door swung open revealing a gleeful Ryewook whose face was only visible for a few seconds before Sungmin's vision was disturbed by a mass of golden brown hair swinging into his face as he was glomped rather unexpectedly.

 

“Sungmin! You're here. How are you?” He asked joyfully, pulling him into his apartment with a tug of his arm.

 

“Hi Ryeowook. I'm okay thank you, and how are you?” Sungmin replied, falling down onto the awaiting sofa.

 

Dropping down next to him, Ryeowook quickly answered. “Oh I'm good. So what do you want to talk to me about? Is it anything to do with last night? I've been burning with curiosity since we talked in the bathroom.”

 

Shuffling, Sungmin answered, hedging around the question to be perfectly honest. “Well...... it is about last night..... but not exactly about the same thing that we talked about.”

 

“Something else? Is it about Kyu though?”

 

“....... yeah.”

 

Ryeowook had now turned to face Sungmin fully, bring his legs up onto the sofa and crossing them, then grabbing a pillow and hugging it tightly to himself. “And?”

 

“He said that........ Ryeowook who confessed their love first out of you and Yesung?” Sungmin chickened out and directed the questioning away from himself.

 

“What? Me and Yesung?” He was confused as to why the focus was suddenly on him. “I don't see why you want to know, but it was Yesu-WAIT! Did Kyuhyun tell you that he loves you?” The penny dropped and Ryeowook was now bouncing up and down, grabbing at Sungmin's shoulders and pulling him around to face him. “He did didn't he?”

 

Staring at him, eyes wide and stunned, Sungmin bit the bullet and nodded. Ryeowook's thoughts on the confession were evidently excitement and happiness judging by the throaty scream that was released from his beaming lips.

 

“Sungminnieeeeeeeeeee!” He squealed. “Oh my God, this is awesome. How did it happen? Was it all romantic? Did you say it back?”

 

When the only reply Ryeowook got back was a swift head drop from Sungmin, he understood. “You didn't?! Why? Don't you love him?”

 

He was trying to tilt his head low enough so that he could see into Sungmin's face, but was stopped when Sungmin lifted his head and stared into Ryeowook's eyes that were only inches away from his own. He could see the tears in Sungmin's eyes that were forming a glassy layer over his irises.

 

“You don't do you?” Ryeowook repeated his question in a gentle tone.

 

Sungmin faced Ryeowook for a several seconds, his eyes quickly alternating between his eyes and the wall at the side of them. “I..... I don't know. It all just happened too quickly.” His thoughts voiced, Sungmin's dropped his head into his hands and began to cry silent tears.

 

“Shhhhhhhhh.” Ryeowook pulled Sungmin up with a hand on each shoulder and pulled him to him. Instantly Sungmin rested his head on Ryeowook's shoulder and clutched at his upper arms.

 

“It's not surprising that you're confused if it came out of nowhere. You just need time to adjust, then you will know how you feel.” Ryeowook moved from fanboy, to concerned to understanding mother-like-figure in a heartbeat, proving to Sungmin that he was definitely the right person to talk to about this.

 

“I care a lot about him, I really do, I just feel so stunned and confused. I know I love him as a friend, but I don't know if its any more than that,” Sungmin gave voice to his thoughts again. “And I questioned him when he said it.”

 

“Sungmin, it's perfectly normal. They may only be a mere three words, but they are massive in what they symbolize.”

 

Sungmin agreed, but it only added to his other fear. “I'm just worried now that Kyuhyun will assume that my silence means I don't love him.”

 

his hair, Ryeowook replied reassuringly: “Don't even consider that. You and I both know how persistent Kyuhyun is. Do you think he would allow that to put him off? If he thought you didn't love him, he would do his damnedest to make you.”

 

Sungmin let a low chuckle emit from his lips, squeezing onto Ryeowook's arms before pulling away. “I guess you're right. Thank you.”

 

“Don't mention it.” Ryeowook smiled. “Just remember that you aren't forced into feeling anything. When the time is right, you'll know. Don't force yourself into saying anything that you aren't completely sure about. In the end you'd just end up hurting you both.”

 

Nodding his head, Sungmin enquired with a sideways look: “When did you get so wise Wookie?”

 

Winking, he replied: “I always have been, just haven't had the opportunity to show it.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Let me know how this is going cause I honestly have no idea.......

 

Also, thank you for commenting, it inspires me to write more :D