Surprise

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "Kris? This looks like the same hotel." I mumbled sleepily, unbuckling my seatbelt and stretching. I looked up at the hotel Kris had pulled up in front of, remembering it clearly from the trip to Santa Cruz we had taken last year with Suho. 
    "Because it is, silly. I thought it would be fun to come back here." Kris smiled, tapping the end of my nose and sliding out of the car. He grabbed our suitcases and walked towards the glass doors, me trailing sleepily after him. 
    "Reservations for Wu." Kris said quietly to the woman behind the front desk, handing me our room keys and motioning for me to follow him. 
    "We're in room 229." I said, guiding Kris down the long halls and smiling when I recognized the familiar room. "You booked the same room too?"
    "You didn't want something bigger, right? This is okay?" Kris said, setting our bags down. I grinned, hugging him tightly and nodding. 
    "This is perfect!" I exclaimed. Kris smiled down at me, kissing my forehead and pulling me out to the hallway. 
    "Good! We'll have plenty of time to enjoy the room; right now we have to make our 6:00 dinner reservations." Kris smiled, tugging me along to the car. I climbed back into the front seat, smiling as I looked around at the downtown buildings at night. The same gold lights from last time were strung up, and I grinned as I looked around. 
    "Where are we going for dinner?" I asked. Kris shook his head, smiling to himself and holding my hand gently on his knee. 
    "It's a surprise." Kris smiled. I pouted slightly but soon resumed looking around at all the festive shops. Kris parked the car smoothly in front of a small restaurant, and I smiled as I got out of the car.
    "This is where you got me drunk!" I smiled, holding his hand and making my way inside. Kris nodded and chuckled, our hands swinging between us gently. 
    "I'm hoping to make different memories tonight, but you are right." Kris said, his eyes crinkling cutely as he flashed a white half-moon smile. 
    Kris lead me to a table for two, thanking the waiter when he brought menus for us. We both ordered and then relaxed, enjoying the candlelight and soft spanish music from the bar in the other room. Kris clasped my hand over the tabletop, his thumb smoothing gently over my skin. 
    "So, I have plans for tomorrow." Kris started, his eyes twinkling mysteriously over the table at me. 
    "Oh?" I murmured, using my free hand to slowly grab a tortilla chip and munch it quietly. Kris nodded, a faint blush coloring his cheeks as he swallowed nervously. 
    "Yeah. I booked us a hot air balloon ride, over the beach." Kris said. My eyes widened and I stuttered, feeling just as nervous as he looked. 
    "Uh, hot air ballon?" I squeaked. Kris nodded, looking more concerned than nervous when he looked at me. 
    "Are you alright? You're kind of pale." Kris said, reaching out to feel my forehead. I nodded, worrying my teeth over my bottom lip. 
    "So...I'm kind of...scared of heights?" I admitted after a few seconds of Kris staring at me. Panic and then understanding slowly spread over Kris' face, and he squeezed my hand reassuringly. 
    "That's fine! Don't worry about it, I'll just find something else." Kris smiled at me, still looking slightly nervous.
    "Really? I'm so sorry..." I said apologetically. Kris waved me off, pressing his lips to my knuckles and smiling at me. 
    "Don't apologize. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable at all." Kris murmured, sitting back when the waiter brought our dinner. 
    "Are you sure this won't mess up your plans too much?" I asked, taking a big bite of carnitas. 
    "I'm sure. Why don't we go walking on the beach together?" Kris said, his eyes brightening when he thought of the plan. 
    "I think you're the only person I would enjoy walking on a beach with." I grinned, my eyes slipping into crescents. 
    "That's comforting." Kris murmured. I chuckled, tilting my head to the side and reaching out to thumb a piece of tortilla away from his lips. 
    "It is?" I said, raising my eyebrows and the tiny piece of food off my thumb. Kris' eyes twinkled devilishly, and he nodded. 
    "You'll never cheat on me." Kris laughed. I glared at him in mock-indignation, then leaned over the table to grab his shirt collar and pull his lips to mine. 
    "I will never cheat on you, stupid. I like you too much, haven't you noticed?" I mumbled, my nose touching his. Kris chuckled contentedly, his hands cradling my jaw and pulling me in for a sweeter, gentler kiss. 
    "Good." Kris smiled, pulling back to take a sip of coke and slouch against the back of the booth. He crossed his arms and his black shirt rode up slightly around his waist, revealing a narrow strip of perfect skin. 
    I knew how it felt to run my hands over that strip of skin. 
    The thought hit me suddenly, and it forced a slow sultry smile onto my lips. I crossed my arms too, looking up when the waiter brought the bill. She smiled at Kris and I genially, setting down the bill and swishing away. 
    "Ready for ice cream and shopping?" Kris asked. I nodded excitedly, grinning and standing. 
    "I'm just gonna wash my hands." I said, stepping past Kris and into the hallway to the bathroom. 
    I washed up quickly, coming back out into the restaurant and smiling when I saw Kris waiting by the door. I walked to him, linking our hands together and letting him lead me out into the crisp night air. 
    "Ice cream or shopping first?" Kris asked. I thought for a moment, then smiled and bounced happily. 
    "Ice cream!" I grinned, tugging on his hand and pulling him down the street. Kris smiled affectionately behind me, letting himself be dragged down to the nearest shop. 
    Over the course of the next few hours, I pulled Kris into various stores and bought various things. We were walking back to the car when we came across a store that was almost empty. 
    "Kris! It's a bubble tea store!" I said excitedly. He nodded, sleepy and exhausted from carrying a multitude of bags. "Come on, let's get you something to drink."
    I parked Kris at one of the tables with the bags, smiling when he rested his forehead on the table and started snoring. I ordered us each a drink and some food, setting them down on the table and snuggling in next to Kris. 
    He immediately brightened at the physical contact, leaning into my side and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I threw one of my legs over his lap and buried my head in the hollow of his shoulder, holding the straw of his bubble tea next to his lips. 
    "How much more shopping are you planning on doing?" Kris mumbled tiredly. I laughed, setting his cup down. 
    "None. Let's get back to the room and sleep, okay?" I suggested. Kris nodded, standing up and smiling at me when I grabbed all the bags. 
    "Come on, let's go." I said, pushing him towards the door. Kris and I walked along the streets, avoiding the occasional homeless person and hurrying quickly to the car. 
    "Son of a !" Kris exclaimed, suddenly wide awake. I frowned, looking over and narrowing my eyes when I saw the driver's side window was broken. 
    "Is anything missing?" I asked. Kris shook his head, opening the door to carefully brush pieces of glass off the seat. He hissed softly and I grabbed his hand, looking at the blood that welled up on his palm. 
    "Be careful. Why would someone break a window and not take anything?" I asked, pulling a piece of glass out of skin and watching it heal itself. 
    "For fun? Maybe they just didn't see anything they wanted." Kris sighed, getting into the driver's seat.
    I got into the other side, closing my door firmly and holding his free hand in mine. Kris pulled out of his parking space, looking down at me. 
    "Remind me to never park there again." Kris said, his hair ruffled by the wind coming in from the broken window. 
    "What are we going to do about the window?" I asked. Kris shrugged, reaching his hand out and pressing it against the frame of the window. 
    There was a small flash of light and the window reappeared, whole and unharmed. My eyes widened and even Kris looked surprised, swerving a little before remembering what he was doing.
    "Since when can you heal other things?!" I asked, excited. Kris shrugged and pulled into the parking garage of the hotel.  
    "I don't know but it's pretty cool." Kris smiled, turning off the car. I nodded, following him into the room and into bed. 


    "Taozi." I grumbled at Kris' voice, flapping my hand sleepily at his fingers crawling up my spine. He absentmindedly traced my spine and then my ribs, burying his face into my back. 
    "Taozi. It's two in the afternoon. Aren't we supposed to be walking on the beach?" Kris murmured, his words muffled by my back. 
    "Probably." I admitted, turning around and smiling when Kris' fingers skimmed under my shirt and across my skin. He bent down, trailing light pecks down my cheeks and jaw. 
    "Come on, baby." Kris encouraged, lightly on the sensitive skin under my ear. I leaned into his touch, arching my head back so he could kiss down my neck. 
    "Shower first?" I bargained. I could feel Kris' lips shape a smile against my skin, and he nodded. 
    "Yes, sir." Kris laughed. He tightened his arms around me, heaving me up and carrying me into the bathroom with a chuckle. 
    Kris started the shower and pulled off his pajama top, wrestling with mine. The apples of his cheeks were flushed and his hair stuck up in random directions, only growing messier when I ran my hands through it. He smiled sleepily, blinking down at me with his familiar honey gaze. 
    Kris turned and I ran my fingers through his hair again, catching my fingers in his thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter