Protecting Him

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "Tao, come back. You're not going anywhere dressed like that." I groaned when Kris' voice stopped me from opening the hotel door. I looked down at my black skinny jeans and tank top with a shrug, deciding I was appropriately clothed. 
    "What's wrong with this?" I asked, smiling when Kris tugged on my wrist and pulled me back towards my suitcase. 
    "Well, there's this thing called a jacket I've heard of." A smile tugged at the right side of Kris' mouth as he wrapped my black hoodie around my shoulders. 
    "It's not that cold." I protested, looking outside at the foggy skies. Cloudy weather was common in Santa Cruz, and I was used to it by now. 
    "Tao. Sweatshirt. Now." Kris said firmly, nodding to me. I sighed and put my arms and head through the sleeves obediently, smiling when Kris held up my hands and slid fingerless gloves over them gently. 
    "Kris, you're being ridiculous!" I laughed, scrunching my nose when he tugged a beanie over my head. 
    "And I won't be taking care of you if you get sick, so ha!" Kris smiled, tapping my nose before stepping towards the door. 
    "Wait, where are your gloves?" I called, twining my clothed fingers through his bare ones. Kris gave me a mischievous smile as he closed the door behind us. 
    "Guess I'll just have to hold your hand all day to stay warm." Kris laughed, slipping the room key into his wallet and pocketing it. 
    "Whoa, where'd you get all that money?!" I exclaimed, looking him up and down with wide eyes. "Do you have a secret pimp?"
    "What? No!" Kris laughed, shaking his head. "Suho gave me something for shopping." I nodded, pressing the button for the elevator and smiling. 
    "Uh huh. I'll find your sugar daddy eventually." I teased. 
    "Oh hush." Kris muttered, reaching out and knocking my head back gently. I pushed him back and Kris laughed, pushing me. 
    "You push like a girl!" Kris chuckled. I glared at him and stepped forward, reaching out to push him before Kris caught my hands and kissed me instead. 
    "You cheated." I pouted when he pulled back. Kris smiled and we got into the elevator, leaving me to lean against Kris and look up at him. 
    "Where are we going today?" I asked, letting Kris lead me out of the hotel to walk along the street. 
    "Well, you promised me a walk on the beach first." Kris started, pointing out to the slip of grey ocean that was visible at the end of the street. I nodded, smiling when his arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer. 
    "Then we'll go shopping and I thought we could stop for coffee at a charming little place Suho recommended." Kris smiled, making me giggle when he said charming. 
    "Stop laughing." Kris pouted briefly before continuing. "Then, we'll go back to the hotel and try out the hot tub, then go to dinner."
    "Dinner?" I said, biting my lip hopefully. "Where?"
    "Well..." Kris said, puffing out his cheeks in mock-thought and giving me a lop-sided smile. "I heard of this little place, but I don't know if you know it. It's the Seaside."
    "Oh my god, Kris!" I exclaimed, pulling him to a stop. "Are you serious?!"
    "Yeah, why?" Kris laughed, giving me an amused smile as I shrieked. 
    "That is the most exclusive restaurant in town! I've been dying to go there!" I bounced in place, clapping my hands until Kris wrapped me in a hug. 
    "Would you stop shouting?" Kris asked me in an amused whisper. I giggled and buried my face in his chest, squealing softly.
    "Thank you." I said, looking up at him with a large grin. Kris nodded, smiling and wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me forward. I tipped my head up and gave him an expectant look, puckering my lips. Kris chuckled and kissed me, hugging me closer and rubbing his hand against my bicep warmly.  
    Kris and I were quiet for a few minutes, enjoying the ocean breezes, until we stepped onto the sand. The wind blew my bangs back off my face and toyed with Kris' silver locks, whipping my beanie back slightly. 
    "The ocean's really pretty here." Kris smiled, looking out at the crashing waves. His hand was tangled in mine and his dark eyes scanned the shoreline. 
    "Beautiful. You should see it at night, with all the stars." I said. We started to walk along the water, carrying our shoes and socks and letting the water splash over our feet. 
    "We'll have to come back after dinner." Kris said. I nodded and he bent down in front of me suddenly. 
    "What are you doing?" I laughed. 
    "Come on, get on my back." Kris said, looking over his shoulder with a smile. I sighed and leaned forward, giggling when he straightened up with a small laugh.
    "So, which shop do you want to visit first?" Kris called back to me, walking along the waves unhurriedly. I shrugged, leaning back and enjoying the clean smell of the ocean.
    "Wherever our feet take us." I smiled. 
    "Sounds good to me." Kris laughed, speeding up until he was jogging along the waves, yelling happily with me as we shouted to the sky. 
    Kris finally slowed, panting as he walked slowly towards the shops next to the beach. I got off his back and leaned into him, chuckling as I reached up and ruffled his hair. Kris scrunched his nose, catching my wrist with his hand and pressing a kiss to the pulse point there. I smirked when I eyed the hickey on his own wrist, and Kris thumped my forehead softly. 
    "Owie." I pouted at him, rubbing my forehead and flouncing away dramatically. I stepped into a shop and smiled when I heard Kris hurrying after me, sinking back into him when he hugged me from behind. 
    "Look around, see if you find anything." Kris smiled, letting me go. I nodded, walking forward to look around the little beach shop. 
    I wandered over to some leather jackets, inspecting them carefully and feeling the material appreciatively. When there was nothing that caught my eye in particular, I tugged Kris out of the shop. We wandered along the streets with our hands clasped, talking easily as we walked into the shops that looked interesting. 
    "Tao, let's go in here!" Kris said suddenly, looking up in awe at a small art gallery. I chuckled at him before letting him pull me inside, watching as he immediately walked towards a large red painting. 
    "Tao, this is based off Edgar Allen Poe!" Kris whispered excitedly. I hummed, looking at the black raven on the red canvas, and the little sections of poetry painted onto the background. 
    "You have an eye for art." I turned, watching a tall thin man step from a back room. He nodded towards Kris, and Kris smiled at him. 
    "Thank you. Tell me, how much is this piece?" Kris asked. The artist frowned, tilting his head towards the canvas. 
    "This is a replica, the original is not for sale. I'd place this piece at...$600." The artist said. Kris nodded with a small smile, looking back at me. 
    "Ready to go?" Kris asked. "Thank you." He said to the artist, before walking with me out of the shop. 
    "You really wanted it, huh?" I asked as we walked along. Kris paused to pet a large dog walking by before shrugging. 
    "I have everything I need right here." Kris smiled, twining his hands through mine. I smiled and kept walking, stopping in front of the coffee shop Kris mentioned earlier. 
    "Let's go inside." Kris said, motioning for me to go first. I walked carefully up the narrow, steep steps to the second level coffee shop. 
    Kris and I ordered our coffee and settled down on a comfortable couch. Kris wrapped his arm around me and relaxed, sipping his steaming mocha quietly. 
    "Taste good?" I asked. Kris hummed and kissed me, leaving with the chocolatey richness of coffee in my mouth. 
    "Tastes wonderful." Kris smiled, his lips demonstratively. I smiled and sipped my latte, resting my head in the crook of his shoulder. 
    Kris dozed off after a while—luckily I caught his coffee before he dumped it on the floor—and I smiled as I watched his face. He looked much younger when he was asleep, his lips full and pouty as he scrunched his nose in a dream. I sighed, snuggling further into his side and wondering what I did to deserve him. My eyes drooped close after a few minutes, the sleepy atmosphere of the warm coffee shop lulling me. 

    "Tao, wake up." I mumbled softly as I opened my eyes, smiling sleepily when Kris left a trail of warm kisses across my forehead. 
    "We need to get back to the hotel if we want to hit the hot tub." Kris said, standing up and pulling me to my feet gently. He tossed our empty cups and grabbed my hand, draping his arm over my shoulders. 
    We made our way along the quiet streets, Kris surprising me when he started humming a song. 
    "I've never heard you sing before." I smiled and Kris blushed. He shrugged softly, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand self-consciously. 
    "I like to sing." Kris admitted. I smiled to myself when I pictured what his rough, deep voice might sound like singing, and I shivered slightly. 
    "Cold?" Kris asked. I shook my head but he curled around me tighter, waving his hand until the automatic doors to the hotel opened. He pressed the button for the elevator once and tugged me inside. 
    We changed into our swim suits quickly and wrapped towels around our bodies, walking along the hallway to the spa on our floor. 
    "I think the pool is heated." I said, making Kris smile widely. 
    "I think the hot tub is heated, too." Kris smirked, making me hit his shoulder gently. He found the door to the spa and opened it, politely motioning for me to go first. 
    "Such a gentleman." I teased as I walked by, smirking when Kris smacked my in reply and let the door fall shut. 
    I walked out to the pool, smiling when I looked out. There was a massive glass skylight above the pool and the evening sky was visible, the sunset painted beautifully to the left. 
    "Whoa!" Kris exclaimed, looking out at the sky and casting his towel aside. 
    "Whoa." I echoed, staring at Kris' torso instead. I had seen it before, but I still loved looking at the hard curves and ridges of his washboard abs. 
    "Come on, silly boy." Kris smiled, pressing the button for the spa and sliding into the hot water with a moan. 
    "I'm not a silly boy." I retorted, trying to ignore the shivers that slid down my spine at Kris' moan. I stepped forward, putting one foot in the hot water with a hiss. 
    I sat down slowly, biting my lip when Kris sat down with the water up to his shoulders and let out another moan. His head was tipped back and the marks across his neck and collar looked absolutely sinful, the sunlight trickling in through the skylight. 
    "Feel good?" Kris asked, looking over at me. I nodded and he reached out, turning me around and spreading his large hands across my shoulder blades. 
    Kris pressed gently around my shoulder blades, kneading the muscles underneath tenderly. I sighed as he massaged my shoulders and spine, rolling my head forward so he could reach my neck. I shuddered when Kris placed his lips on the crook of my neck. His hands slid forward to skim across my waist as he kissed forward to my jaw. 
    I sighed when he nibbled on my ear, making me turn in the circle of his arms. I rested my hands on his chest and kissed him, sliding my arms up around his neck. Kris kissed me deeply, rolling his hips forward to grind our crotches together. I moaned and he rolled his body again, tipping his head back when I reached down and rubbed my palm against the bulge in the front of his swimsuit. 
    Kris reached forward, wrapping his hands around my with a growl and lifting me out onto the side of the hot tub. I squeaked in surprise and he gave a low y chuckle as he leaned over me. His dark eyes pierced mine as his hands tangled in my hair before skimming lower. He bent over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter