Random RaKe Drabble Date Thing...

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RYU'S POV

THE NIGHT KRIS AND SNAKE FOUGHT (where we last left off before the back story chapters)

    I could feel the bass thudding through the floor into my chest the second I stepped through the unlocked front door. The small carpeted hallway to the main ticket box was electric with music and I pushed through the second door, finding myself in the main rink area. 
    The music was so loud it hurt my jaw before I got used to it, dropping my backpack on one of the tables by the concession stand and walking to the rack of skates. I helped myself to a pair and then sat down on one of the tables by the edge of the rink, looking out at the smooth floor. 
    Snake was flying around the rink, totally unaware that I was there. I paused for a moment to watch him, remembering the nights I would come over to talk with him while he worked the snack stand. 
    Skating was as natural to him as breathing, his loose tank top flapping softly against his loose black jeans, shifting in the wind he was creating. I could see the muscles of his back and shoulders flexing as he used his arms to build up even more speed, sweat slicking a wet sheen to his skin. His hair was swept back and I could see the individual fading steaks of blue and green against the black. 
    Snake rounded the corner and slowed down when he saw me, straightening and gliding over to the edge of the rink. He was breathing hard, scrubbing his good hand through his hair and sending his tank top slipping to the side, revealing the inked skin across his ribs. He braced his hand against the padded rim and absorbed the impact of his arrival, resting his other elbow on the rim. 
    "Hey." Snake panted quietly. I finished lacing my skates and reached out, grasping softly at the padded gauze on his hand. He let me unwrap the tape and then pull the gauze away, the skin underneath mostly healed. 
    "Snake." I said, looking at him. There were so many things I needed to say—you have to go back to Kris and Tao; they weren't trying to hurt you; I need you to come home; I love you—but Snake just nodded. 
    "I know." Snake murmured, holding his other hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me into the rink, steadying me against him while I struggled to get used to my skates.
    Snake left me briefly to glide to the speaker station, changing the angry rock music to a more chill melody of drums and guitar. He looked back at me and held his hand out, signaling for me to wobble the few feet over to him and take it. 
    Snake pushed off and pulled me with him, steadying me and using his weight and speed to keep me from falling. It was peaceful, listening to the whoosh of his skates next to mine, the indie song that had come over the speakers adding the perfect mixture of wistfulness and love. We took easy laps together, settling into an easy rhythm, our skates moving in sync with each other. 
    We were just crossing the back wall when one of Snake's skates hooked mine, sending both of us tumbling over the ground. Snake pulled me tight to him, rolling a few times to absorb the impact and using his arms to keep me from hurting my spine. 
    When the room stopped spinning I began to laugh, finding myself sprawled out half on top of him, my arm slung lazily over his chest. Snake smiled a little at me, his arm still around my back and his chest heaving. My feet were too heavy in my skates and I kicked them a little bit in vain, finally relaxing and putting my head on Snake's chest. 
    I could hear his heartbeat slamming through his ribs and his fingertips were suddenly under my chin, tipping my head up. I looked up and smiled when he bent forward, his lips pecking mine once in a gentle liplock. He pulled back and then pecked again, his hands running over my cheeks.
    I braced one hand on his chest and pulled myself forward, our legs tangling together and his belt buckle pressing hard into my hip. Snake used his lips to nudge my lips apart, toying with them slowly and taking his time. The slim loops of metal that hugged his lip were cool against the heat of his mouth and the feeling was ecstasy, my hands slipping from his jaw to the juncture of his neck and shoulder, resting there. I could feel his muscles shifting under my palms, his head turning to the side while his tongue nudged against mine. 
    Snake pulled us both backwards in one fluid motion, resting his back against the padded wall and lightly running his fingers through my hair. I wrapped my legs around his waist, heat spreading through me when the kiss began to deepen. Snake paused briefly to yank his tank top over his head, tossing it away to reveal his inked skin. 
    I rested my palms over the top of his pectoral muscles, feeling them flex while I leaned forward to brush my lips against the top of his shoulder, tracing the edge of a dragon wing from the tattoo on his back. Snake shuddered and tilted his head back, his eyes closed and his cheeks flushed. His hands rested on the top of my hips and even the small gesture was so possessive and y I melted inside, connecting our lips again. 
    Snake nipped at my lower lip, his teeth sharp and his piercing unbelievably smooth afterward, gliding over the swollen flesh. My fingers paused briefly on the earring in his left ear, skimming the cool metal once before dipping down to pluck at his belt buckle. 
    I fiddled with the metal while Snake took the liberty to slip his hands under my shirt, skimming along my sides, flexing against the curve of my ribs. His hands slid around to hug my shoulder blades, and I knew he was skimming the smooth unmarked expanse of my spine. His own scarred back was a landscape of hills and valleys, and sometimes Snake would sit for hours and just along my skin, feeling the silkiness that contrasted his own so sharply. 
    I finally got his belt undone and slid it away, tired of feeling the metal dig into my skin. Snake gently tugged at my shirt, asking permission, and I raised my arms so he could cast it off. I leaned down afterwards, smiling when he nuzzled my nose first before pressing his lips back to mine. His hands reached up to cup my cheeks and I grasped one without thinking, tangling our fingers together. Snake gasped against my mouth and I drew back, looking down at the slightly swollen skin around his palm.
    "Did I hurt you?" I asked, my eyes wide. "I'm sorry—"    
    "I'm fine," Snake smiled, lazy and slow as he leaned forward again. I was still worried, breaking away to trace the tribal designs along his collarbones, watching my finger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter