Decisions

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: As for the chapter image~ There isn't as much ty Taoris in this chappie so I wanted to balance it out with a pic; I just found this pic and I'm in love with it; and this is for all my fellow byuntaes XP 

    I parked the massive black escalade in front of Ryu's school, stepping out of the driver's seat and closing the door firmly behind me. Kris got out of the passenger seat and Ryu got out of the back, Snake following him closely. 
    "You guys didn't all have to come." Ryu said, looking slightly embarrassed as we walked through the front gate with him. 
    "Nonsense. Someone's trying to bully you; they've got to know what they're up against." Kris said firmly.
    We walked into the main courtyard and my gaze fell upon a group of boys all wearing letter jackets, clustered on some of the outside tables. The quarterback was there and he shot Snake a nasty glare, one that was readily returned. The whole team was covered with bandages and bruises, and they all dropped their eyes to the ground when Kris joined Snake in glaring at them. 
    "I don't think they'll bother you anymore." I said, turning towards Ryu. He nodded, his hands stuffed in his pockets and his hair half in his eyes. 
    "Thanks, guys. I appreciate it," Ryu said, a small smile curling his lips. Snake opened his mouth to respond when a loud voice cut through the courtyard and made us turn. 
    "Ryu!" Ryu turned at his name as well, a wide smile splitting his face when a boy around his age jogged towards us. 
    The boy reminded me of a puppy, all clumsy feet and laughing eyes. He tumbled closer, pausing in front of Ryu and flashing a blindingly white smile at all of us. His skin was a rich honey color and his hair was light brown and curling, pure gold at the tips and cut short on the sides and longer on the top. He was a few inches taller Ryu, dressed in spotless blue jeans and a white t-shirt. 
    "Aki!" Ryu smiled back, looking up at the other boy. Aki's eyes were captivating, amber and gold and green swirled together, and he looked over at Kris and I with another blinding smile. 
    "You must be Mr. Wu." Aki smiled, shaking Kris' hand firmly and then turning to me. "And you must be his handsome hubby!"
    Aki shook my hand, his hand warm and strong but not overpowering in mine. There was a slender leather bracelet on one honey wrist, the only jewelry he was wearing. 
    "Nice to meet you, sir." Aki grinned, his eyes crinkling cutely. His name was Japanese and his eyes were slanted almonds, but his coloring was confusing me. 
    "My pleasure," I smiled, a little taken aback by his politeness and his constant energy. Aki nodded vigorously, reaching out to drape one muscled arm over Ryu's shoulders and lean against him.  
    "Aki and I were partnered for an English class, so he agreed to show me around." Ryu said, giving Aki a fond smile.     
    "That was so kind of you, Aki." Kris smiled. Aki shrugged with a modest smile, ruffling Ryu's hair and making a faint blush color Ryu's white skin. 
    One person who had been very quiet throughout this entire exchange was Snake, and I glanced at him now. He was glaring daggers at Aki, his hands clenched into fists at his sides and a muscle jumping in his jaw. He noticed me looking and his face immediately smoothed, his hands relaxing at his sides. 
    "Come on, we'll be late for class." Aki broke in suddenly, tugging Ryu along behind him and waving to me and Kris. "Nice meeting you!"
    "See you around, Aki." I smiled, chuckling slightly when I watched them walk off to class together. 
    "Alright, let's hurry. You have just enough time to drop me off before you go to work." Kris nudged me, and I nodded. 
    "I can take you home, Kris." Snake broke in. Kris looked surprised and Snake nodded reassuringly. 
    "I don't want to be too much trouble," Kris started. Snake shook his head, gesturing to the right. 
    "I live a few blocks that way; I can give you a ride home on my bike." Snake said. Kris raised one eyebrow and Snake corrected himself. "A motorcycle bike." 
    "Sounds good to me." Kris smiled, turning to go with Snake.
    "I'll get Ryu from school." I reminded him, walking towards the car and swinging inside. My chef's uniform was on the seat next to me and I pulled out slowly, watching for wayward teenagers and then driving quickly to work. 


    When I arrived to pick up Ryu, I was surprised to find Snake sitting with him. I got out of the car, walking up to the two of them and smiling. They were sitting close enough for their shoulders to brush, sharing a soda from the vending machine a few meters away. 
    "Do you have much homework?" Snake asked, his voice reaching me as I got a little closer. Ryu shook his head, tipping his head back and closing his eyes to take another sip from the can between them. I noticed Snake's eyes linger over his jawline and settled down next to them, Snake's eyes snapping towards me. 
    "No. Aki helped me with it during free period." Ryu said with a smile. Snake frowned a little, covering it with another swig of soda and then getting to his feet. 
    "Your ride's here. I'll get going." Snake said, waving to Ryu. 
    "Wait, Snake?" I started. He paused, turning back towards me with a small smile. 
    "Yeah?"
    "Kris and I are having a few friends over for dinner Friday night, just a casual get-together. Feel free to come; it starts at six." I smiled. Snake thought for a few moments, his hands in his pockets, and he gave a decisive nod and smile. 
    "I'll be there. Thanks." Snake waved, turning around and walking down the street towards his house. 
    "Come on, let's go," I prompted Ryu. He was looking down at his phone, texting someone quickly before looking up and nodding. There was a shy smile on his face and Snake paused a few meters ahead of us to check his phone, a small knowing smile upturning my lips. 
    "How was your day?" I asked, getting into the car with him. Ryu recounted the bullying-free events of his day, and talked about the progress he and Aki made with their project. 
    "He's so cool; his mom is Japanese but his dad is mixed-raced African and English." Ryu said excitedly. I nodded, my questions finally answered, and listened to him talk. 
    We finally pulled into the house and I turned off the engine, walking up to the house and instructing Ryu to change into his workout gear. 
    We drilled in the basement for several hours and then he worked on his homework while I made dinner. Kris was working on his computer and paused briefly to kiss me, his hands stained with pen ink. 
    "Luhan and Xiumin can come Friday, and Suho says he thinks he and Yixing can make it." Kris said. I nodded, grabbing a cookie from the plate next to him and biting into it. 
    "I invited Snake." I said. Kris nodded and smiled, looking up towards me with his signature puppy eyes. 
    "When's dinner?" Kris whined. I chuckled, gesturing to the pile of cookies next to him. 
    "Haven't you already spoiled your dinner?" I asked. Kris shook his head stubbornly and I laughed, kissing the tip of his nose and then the graceful curves of his cheekbones. He closed his eyes and I kissed just underneath his eyebrows, the tiny hairs tickling my nose. 
    "Hey, I'm hungry!" Ryu protested loudly from somewhere behind me and I turned slightly, my arms still draped over Kris' shoulders. I opened my mouth to say something and cut myself off when Kris grasped the back of my neck with his fingertips and pressed a gentle kiss to my jaw.
    I tilted my head back further and Kris kissed sweetly down my throat, nuzzling into my collarbones, his breath fanning over my skin. My fingers combed through his hair out of habit and I kissed his forehead, loving the feel of him in my arms. 
    "Aren't you guys, like, legally responsible for me? If I starve it's your fault!" Ryu said loudly. I sighed, pulling back slightly and looking down at Kris. He gave me a 'what can we do' look and shrugged, and I sighed. 
    "Alright, I'll get food." I said. I turned to go and Kris caught at my wrist, pressing a gentle kiss to the pulse point there and then running his teeth over it ever so slightly. 
    "We'll make up for it later." Kris smiled, a dark flicker in his smile that made me shiver in anticipation. 
    "Oh, gross." Ryu remarked from the kitchen and I lunged for him playfully, chuckling when he jerked back with a squeak and raced for the tv room. 
    I finished up dinner and we ate, checking over Ryu's homework afterwards and then taking respective showers. I was exhausted by the time I was lying next to Kris, and he curled himself around me like he did when we first met, his leg thrown over my hips and his arms pulling my back tightly to his chest. 
    "What'd you think of Aki today?" I asked. Kris' breath panted out by my ear when he sighed, his chin moving to rest above my head.
    "It'll be good for Ryu to be around someone who's so bright." Kris said. I nodded in agreement, sinking back into the curve of his hips. 
    "Sweet dreams." I said quietly, smiling softly when Kris laid a gentle kiss on the shell of my ear. 
    "I love you, Peach." Kris murmured, his arms wrapping tightly around me and cocooning me in warmth and security. 
    "Love you, too."

    I stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist and listening to the loud sounds coming from Ryu's room. He was playing punk rock over his speakers and I could feel the beats in my chest, drying off quickly and pulling on a pair of sweatpants. I left the towel draped across my wet shoulders, knocking softly on his closed door and then ducking inside. 
    "Ryu? Can you turn it down a bit?" I asked. He looked up, sitting on his bed with a notebook on his lap, scribbling down notes. Ryu nodded, reaching out and turning the volume down quietly, and I turned to go. 
    "Tao?" Ryu said softly, making me turn back towards him and close the door. 
    "What is it?" I asked. There was a puzzled crease between his eyes and he frowned slightly, hesitating. 
    "I don't know..." Ryu started. I sat down next to him and he closed his notebook, playing with his hands. 
    "What's wrong?" I prompted quietly, leaning into his shoulder. Ryu sighed, looking up towards me and biting his lip. 
    "I don't know what to do. Have you ever...have you ever liked someone so much, but you were afraid to tell them because they might

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter