Teaser

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAO'S POV

    I was too hot. I shifted in bed, squirming under the heavy weight across my torso. I opened my eyes to find Kris' arm and one of his wings thrown across my chest, his leg draped across my hips, and felt the sweat pooling in the small of my back. 
    "Kris?" I said, glancing at the clock next to me. It was 5:30 am, and cold dawn light was struggling to reach in through the window. He moaned, his arm and leg tightening to pull me even closer to him. 
    "Kris, I can't breathe. Let me up." I said, poking his cheek. I slowly wormed out from
under his limbs, throwing the covers away from my body and tumbling out of bed. 
    Kris whined in his sleep and reached out for me, pouting. I rested a palm on his forehead, pulling my hand back when I felt how hot he was. His face was pale and there were two spots of red on his cheekbones, his hair spiked with sweat. 
    "Are you sick?" I asked, reaching out to shake his shoulder. Kris batted my hand away with the tip of one wing, a firm flick that left an unexpected sting from the force. 
    I drew my hand back with a wince, looking at the shallow cut that stretched along the top of my hand. The claw on the end of his wing had accidentally caught my skin, and blood ran down in a thin stream to pause and collect at my fingertips. 
    I sighed and walked out of the bedroom to the medical/linen closet, opening the doors and looking at the shelf of neatly labeled brown baskets. I located the basket labeled Cuts, Scrapes, and Bruises, and then the one labeled Cold and Flu.
    I paused to duck into Ryu's loft, looking around at the empty bed and shrugging. I hadn't really expected him to come home last night; I hoped he had found Snake safely. I still couldn't believe the story he had told me last night, all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter