Last Day

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "Oh ." I groaned, rolling over in bed and straightening out on my back. I had sore muscles I didn't even know existed, and I flexed my thighs with a small whimper. 
    Kris was stretched out on his stomach next to me, his forearm slung over my bare waist, and he raised his head sleepily. It occurred to me he must have carried me upstairs to bed after we both fell asleep on the couch, and his arm drew back slightly to rest his palm just over my navel. 
    "It's funny, you said the same thing last night." Kris smirked a little and I hit his head, gasping as my shoulders gave a protesting ache. 
    "You be nice." I warned, and Kris fingertips drew contrite circles on my stomach. I shivered and felt my muscles flex involuntarily under my skin, following his fingertips. I checked the bedside clock briefly and felt a small amount of surprise at the time—1:00 pm.
    "Are you warm enough?" Kris asked, drawing the coverlet up to my chest from being tangled around my waist. 
    "Thanks." I murmured sleepily, smiling a little. Kris sighed, pulling me even closer until I fit snugly against his bare side. 
    His arm draped around my waist and his fingers splayed on my ribs, hugging the curve the muscles made under my skin. I could feel his fingers resting easily in the spaces between the bones and his fingers flexed slightly, massaging the muscle gently. Kris laid his head on my chest, humming softly, and my heart warmed with the trust in the simple action. My hand came up, carefully through his hair and then dropping down to trace the love bites on the junctures of his shoulders. 
    Kris began to snore quietly, his head and arm sinking into me when they relaxed. I smiled, tracing my ring absentmindedly with my finger, and realized just how sticky my skin felt. I was weighed down with dried sweat and I grimaced a little, feeling my tangled hair.
    I slowly slid out from under him, hushing him when his eyes blinked open and he made a sleepy noise of confusion. 
    I stood and stretched slowly, the morning air coming in from the window cold on my bare legs. It was only a short jog to the bathroom but I still shivered, closing the bathroom door and dancing on the cold tile floor to keep from touching it too long with my feet. 
    I started up the shower, watching droplets of steaming water bounce off my open palm when I stretched out my arm to check the temperature. Stepping under the spray, I tilted my head back and ran my hands luxuriously through my hair. The water filtered down and my hands followed it, smoothing over my neck and then across my chest. 
    The steam covered glass door swung open slowly and Kris was on the other side, smiling sleepily at me and stepping in next to me. I made room for him in the spacious shower, turning on the second shower head for him to use. 
    Kris closed his own eyes and tilted his head back like I had done, little rivulets of water dribbling down his sculpted torso. I took a thick palmful of shampoo and lathered it through my hair, little bits of foam tickling down my back when they were swept away by the water. 
    I finished washing the shampoo out, turning around to pick up the bottle of conditioner, and let out a pleased moan when there were sudden hands on my lower back, massaging the muscles and kneading out the knots. I straightened up, loosening my muscles and tipping my head forward to let Kris work on my neck. 
    His hands tripped up my spine and across my shoulder blades, finding the tight spots between muscles and working them free gently. The massage combined with the hot water sent me into a haze, reaching out to brace my palms on the shower wall in front of me and lean forward. Kris rubbed over my shoulders before his hands trailed down to my waist and fit over my hips. His fingers worked in soothing circles and he pressed a gentle kiss on the nape of my neck, right over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter