His Last Chance of Happiness

He May Be the One

I open the door cautiously.  “Yong Hwa oppa…” I greet him.

He walks in without saying a word. 

He sits on the couch and awaits me to sit down as well before speaking.  “I’ve thought over some things the last couple of days and I wanted to talk to you about it. “

“Yeh, oppa…” I say, awaiting his next words.

“I...” he says before he becomes silent.

 “Oppa, I know what happened has upset you.  I am quite shocked myself…. And I know how much I have wronged you…” I say as I stand up.  He looks at me with wide I eyes.  I take a big breath and fall to my knees.  “Please forgive me, oppa.” I bow.

He quickly grabs my arm and pulls me up to the couch.  “You don’t have to do this,” he tells me.

We delve into a soundless state.

“Do you really like him that much?” he finally asks.

I look at his face in total shock.  I can see the pain in his face. “Yes,” I answer honestly.

He looks away as he reaches for my hand.  He holds on to it tightly.  “I wish it wasn’t like this.  For so long, I had hoped that as long as I could keep you two apart.  Maybe…just maybe… I would have a chance.  How did I let you become so precious to me?”

“Oppa…” I say before letting my head fall to my hands as begin to cry. “Mian-hae oppa…mian-hae…”

We fall silent again…

He finally decides to put his arm around my shoulder.  I quickly hug him.  “Oppa..” I begin to sob again.  I can feel him become weaker.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”