I've Been Spotted

He May Be the One

“That food was great!” Ha Ha says, “what’s next?”

“Maybe we can go surfing?” recommended Lee Lo.  As they are about to leave the host stops him and whispers something in his ear.  “Um, on second thought, I think I’ll have to find you guys at the beach. I got some business to take care of.”

Kim Hyun Joong and Toa Ha Ha look at each other in confusion. “Okay,” Kim Hyun Joong says as they both walk away.

“Where is she?”  he asks.

“Come this way,” says the host.  He leads him to the section previously reserved for Mor Ri.

“Um, why am I being brought here? I swear I saw her leave…” he asks.

“One moment please,” the host says before he leaves.

Lee Lo sits.  He waits only a few seconds before he is on his feet again. “Mor Ri,” he says.

The host walks in. I walk in behind him. “Lee Lo oppa…” I say with a weak smile.

“It has been a very long time,” he says as he embraces me, “I almost started feel as if I would never see you again.”

“Of course that would never be the case…” I tell him

“What brings you to finally come forth?” he asks.

“You knew didn’t you? That I was here…why didn’t you tell him?” I ask him.

“Oh my, why the sudden need to be so suspicious?” he asks me in return, “I simply want to keep the identity of my dear friend a secret. We are still friends, are we not?”

“But why? Hyun Joong Op….Kim Hyun Joong-ssi is your best friend.  Why are you doing this for me?” I ask.

“Like I asked before, are we not friends too? Not only that but wouldn’t that make me less of a man if I were to confess a lady’s secret?” he asks.

I take in what he says and then answer, “Gamsahabnida, oppa. I didn’t mean to be so suspicious of you…I know that I have to face him eventually but right now… I am just trying to prepare myself.”

“I understand,” he tells me, “now my sweet Mor Ri I need to back to my dongsaengs.”

We say our good byes and he leaves the room. ‘Hopefully, he keeps his word.’ I think to myself.