Just Us

He May Be the One

He carries a huge bag of groceries into my house.  “May I use your kitchen?” he asks.

“Yeh,” I reply.  “Are you should you don’t want me to help?”

He puts the groceries on the table and grabs my hand.  He gently pulls me to a chair.  “All you have to do is sit there and watch me prepare,” he tells me.

“Like this?” I ask him as I attempt to show him some aegyo.

He smiles. “Yes, just like that.” He kisses me.

He begins to prepare dinner.  I eventually get up to help him because he eventually makes a mess out of kimchi.  Impossible, but he did it.  I wouldn’t have him any other way though.

“Yah! We are going to have ramyeon for dinner?” I question him as he pulls out the packets of ramen out of his bag.

He smiles cutely. “It’s my specialty.”

I nod my head in disbelief and then smile.  ‘He has not changed…’

We finally sit down to eat.

“Mmm, I haven’t had your ramyeon in a very long time,” I say as I start eating.

“Maybe now you can have it more often,” he tells me.

I look at him and nod shyly. “Yeh…” I say embarrassed.

We then become quite as we eat.

“Mor Ri, I have a question for you,” he suddenly says.

“Yeh?”

“When are you going to tell Jung Yong Hwa?”

I nearly cough up my ramen. “Yong Hwa oppa?....”

He cringes a bit.  “Yeh, I know you would be totally against me asking you to stop seeing him, but I do want him to know as soon as possible that you are my woman,” he bluntly says.

“Oppa..”

“What? He shouldn’t know?”

“Ani-yo op-… oppa we barely got back together.  Why do you want me to do this so quickly?”

“Because!” he shouts.

“Because the thought of him makes my blood boil,” he finally admits.

“I will tell him when the time comes.  I won’t keep this a secret from him.  But I think you need to understand that he is an oppa to me, not the same kind of oppa you are, but still an oppa.”

“How long will that take?”

“Oppa!”

“Alright, alright. I’ll wait.  But promise me it won’t take you too long.”

We become quiet again.

We finish eating a put away the dishes.

“Shall we watch a movie?” he asks.  “I brought a new one.”
“Okay.”

I sit on the couch as he puts on the movie. ‘This did not turn out good,’ I think to myself.

He sits down next to me and stares into my eyes.  He puts his arm around me and pulls me towards him. It was as if he could read that I was unhappy.

“Mian-hae, Mor Ri” he says.

I take a moment to think before replying in a whisper, “I’m okay.” I give in and cuddle next to him as we watch the movie.

I see him to the door. “Are you sure you are going to be alright? You don’t need me to call someone?” I ask him.

“Ani, I already have a van waiting for me outside,” he says as he opens the door.  He kisses me before taking a step out.  “Oh, I almost forgot.”

“What?” I ask.

He looks at me.  “I didn’t tell you what my wish is. I did win today’s soccer game.”

“What is your wish?”

He puts his arms around me and looks me in the eyes. “I want you to be with me forever,” he confesses.

My eyes widen.  I look down in embarrassment before replying, “Okay…”

He gently grabs me by the chin and moves my face to look at his. “Promise?”

I nod.

He kisses me passionately.a