Forever's First Date

He May Be the One

I wake up in the morning feeling a slight headache.  I go into the bathroom to take some painkillers.  ‘What happened last night?’ I ask myself.  As I finish washing my face, I look at the mirror. ‘My face is swollen.’  My mind immediately plays the events of the previous night. 

I smile.

I then hear my cell phone in the other room.  I quickly finish what I am doing and go look at my phone.

Good morning, Mor Ri. Did you sleep well?

It’s Kim Hyun Joong.  I smile before replying. Good morning. Yeh, I slept well.

Good, shall we spend the day together?

My smile brightens. Yeh

I’ll be picking you up soon.  Don’t eat. I’m planning on having the whole day with you.

I reply.  Okay. I quickly get dressed.

He picks me up and we go to a local diner.  “I didn’t have much time to plan so I hope this is okay,” he tells me.

“Gwenchana, oppa.  I go here a lot. It’s one of my favorite places,” I say as I try to reassure him with a smile.  ‘I can’t believe this is happening?’ I think to myself.

The waitress comes by to take our order. “Hello, what would you guys like today?” she asks.

I shift my position to answer her properly knowing that Kim Hyun Joong would have a difficult time giving her our order due to his lack of English skills.

“Can we have a….this….and this…please?” Kim Hyun Joong answers in English.

“Okay, would you guys like anything to drink?”

“Coppee…two Coppee please,” he answers again.

“Okay, your order will be ready soon,” she says as she grabs the menus and leaves.

I look at him surprised.

He looks at me and smiles.  “I’m going to try to learn English better.  I feel that in order to be a complete man for you, I need to learn the language.”

I begin to blush. “Ani-yo, oppa.  I don’t mind doing these kind of things.”

“Well, how else am I going to speak to your family then when the time comes?”

I stare at him. Shocked at his words.  I smile nervously.

The issue is no longer discussed, we simply eat breakfast and sit in total silence.  Enjoying our own company.   Blissfully.

Our next location is a local school.

“What are we doing here?” I ask.

“I’ve asked to borrow the school for the day,” he replied, “remember the time we had with the kids at the beach? I felt like we should rekindle the feeling of our youth.  Unfortunately, because today is not a school day, we are only able to play alone.”  He holds my hand and we walk through the school.  We make it to the soccer field.  He then picks up a bag that was on the floor and looks through it.  He retrieves sporting clothes.  “Here, go change into these,” he tells me.  “The girls’ restroom should be there,” he says as he points to a building.

I quickly do as he says.

I meet him at him at the soccer field.  He is dressed in his soccer attire.  Soccer ball on his hands.  “Shall we play one on one?” he asks.

“Will you be upset if I win?” I ask as I take the ball from him.

“Ani-yo, but just to make this a bit more entertaining, why don’t we make a bet.  Whoever wins gets a wish?” he asks as he smiles deviously.

“Okay,” I agree. “Yah! It can’t be anything dirty though.”

His eyes widen before letting out a good laugh. “Alright, alright.  Deal.”

We begin playing.  It was a perfect game. We played just like the couples you’d see in the movies.  He’d tease me. I’d .  He would find any reason to hold me and I’d give him many reasons to do so.  We were happy.  Nothing in the world matter as long as we were together. 

The sun starts going down when we decide to stop playing.  We took breaks throughout the game to drink water and have a snack, but for the most part we didn’t mind playing all day.  That place was our little escape.

“Shall I take you home now?” he asks.

I frown.  “I thought we were going to spend the whole day together?”

He smiles. “You really want that, huh?”

I nod shyly.

“Okay, no problem. I wasn’t going to just leave you anyways,” he says as he smiles mischievously.

“Oppa!” I yell. “Why didn’t you say that in the first place…”

“I was going to prepare a meal for you.  We haven’t eaten all day,” he says as he puts his arm around my shoulder and leads me to the front of the school.

“Oh?”

“I’ve gotten better at preparing meals.  I hope to impress you,” he says as he opens the door to the van for me.

I get in.  “I hope so,” I tease.

He reaches over and puts my seat belt for me.  “I need you to be safe.”

“Gamsahabnida, oppa,” I say while blushing.

He kisses me on the cheek.  “Ka-ja?”