Fate

He May Be the One

The clock strikes 10.  It’s the morning once again.  “I guess it’s time to get out of my room,” I say to myself.  I change my clothes and get ready. I take my time doing so. Dreading what is to come. ‘I need to face him once again.’

I move to the door. “I’m ready,” I try to tell myself, “I can do this.”  I slightly open the door and peak through the crack.  His door is closed.  ‘Maybe he already left,’ I try to convince myself. I start to walk out, locking the door behind me.  I take a big breath and make my way through the hall. 

Before I can turn to the stairs, however, I am stopped by a familiar voice. “Mor Ri?” the voice says.

I turn around slowly. It’s Toa Ha Ha.

“Ha Ha oppa…”

“Mor Ri! NO WAY!” His face brightens and he gives me a huge hug.  “I can’t believe you are here!” he says before he turns silent for a split second. “OMO! Just wait until hyung finds out! He is going to be so happy. I should go get him right…”

“No!” I half yell.

He looks at me shocked and confused.  He then recollects himself and realizes the situation.  “Oh…right…you don’t want to see hyung, huh?” he asks with a sad tone.

“Ani-yo. I have already seen him,” I tell him.

His eyes widen. “You have? When?!” he asks.

“Not so many days ago..”

He gives off a perplexed look before his face brightens again. “Ohhh, is this why he decided he wants to stay here longer.  I always thought it was because of that beautiful woman.”

I look at him confused. 

His expression then changes into total shock.  “YOU!  Did you go to the ball and dance with hyung at the masquerade ball?”

I thought back at that time.  The first night I was here.  The few moments of bliss I felt before I realized I was dancing with the man I was running away from all this time.  I miss that time.

“Yes, that was me,” I finally admit.

Ha Ha smiles brightly. “Fate! It was fate!”

“Oppa please. I don’t want him knowing you saw me here. Although he knows I am here, I feel as if I still need time to recollect my thoughts.”

“Understood. I won’t say anything. But don’t be a stranger. HaHa oppa is still a friend. You can’t continue ignoring me anymore.”

I smile. “I won’t. Maybe we can go play somewhere sometime before we both have to go back.”

“Yes we will!” He smiles back at me. “Promise?”

“Promise.”