Airplane

He May Be the One

“Do you really need to go so soon?” Kang Minhyuk asks as he lays my luggage into the van.

“Yeah, it’s about time,” I reply.

It has been a month since the time I went to JeJu Island.  I have not seen Kim Hyun Joong since then.  I don’t know if that is a good thing or not, but at this point, I’m not afraid anymore.  Jung Yong Hwa was upset at first, almost depressed at one point, after hearing that I was going to the States.  He, however, soon recovered.  Maybe it was because he soon came to realize that the farther I am, the farther I am to Kim Hyun Joong. That was a sacrifice he was willing to make.  I really don’t know his motive, but I am just glad he is fine now.  He even promised that he would visit often.

“Okay, here are the rest of your things,” Jung Yong Hwa says as he puts the last bit of bags in the van, “are you sure you don’t want us to go with you?”

“No, it’s fine. You guys are busy.  Vivi will be at the airport to help get my things ready to go on the plane.  She still has some things to do here in Korea before she goes back, however, so I’ll be going first.  I can just sleep on the plane,” I explain.

Everyone gives me a hug before I get into the driver’s seat of the van.  Jung Yong Hwa stops me from closing the door and quickly gives me a kiss on the cheek. “Be safe,” he says.

“Okay…” I reply.  I shut the door and leave to the airport.

I arrive at the airport early.  I decide to go to the waiting room.  I walk over to the window and gaze at the scenery.  I look at the people walking below me.  ‘Hopefully, they are having a good day…’ I think to myself.

“Mor Ri?”

“Yes?” I look over to my side without thinking.

It’s Kim Hyun Joong with his people. 

He lowers the sunglasses he is wearing in order to get a better view. “It is you.”  He walks over to me.  “Where are you going?” he asks.

“…I am going back home to the States,” I tell him.

His eyes widen.  “To visit?” he asks.

“….that…and I am planning on doing other activities…” I confess.

“….So when are you planning on coming back?” he asks.

“I don’t know.  I have much to do there….”

He holds me in an embrace. 

“What are you doing?!” I yelp.  I compose myself. “What if people see us?” I whisper.

“Don’t go. Stay here,” he pleads.

“I can’t.  I have people who are waiting for me…” I tell him.

After holding me for a minute, he finally let’s go of me.  “I’ll go visit you as soon as I can,” he says firmly.

“You don’t have to. Besides you don’t even like the States, your English isn’t that great.”

“It doesn’t matter.  I have been away from you for too long.”

I blush. 

He looks at his watch.  “I need to go,” he tells me, “give me your phone.”

I give him my phone without thinking.

He dials a number.  His number. “There, now I have your number.” He hands me my phone.  “I’ll call you later.” He leaves.