The Morning After

He May Be the One

I wake up to the morning shine. “Ugh….” I say as the memories of the day before go through my mind like a movie. ‘Was I being too paranoid? Could it have been really him?’ “Ugh!” I say as I stand up. “Well, it’s not like anything is going to change if I just stay on my bed the whole day…”   I get changed and head out. 

“Mor Ri!” I hear as I am about to turn the corner. My heart stops. “Mor Ri!” I hear again.  I look around frantically. “It’s me!”I finally spot the person that has been saying my name.  It is the hotel owner. “Please come to the lobby with me,” he says while he escorts me down stairs.  I walk with him in relief.

“Man, I am sooo hung over!” Toa Ha Ha proclaims as he proceeds to enter the hallway.

“Hmm can you please not talk so loud,” Tim Lee Lo asks, “you are not the only one with a head ache.”

“Sorry…hey! Hyung Hyun  Joong how are you?” Ha Ha asks.

“Ugh, maybe I also drank too much,” he replies.

“Well, let’s go eat breakfast. Maybe a little food will make us feel better,” Ha Ha says, “who knows? Maybe we will find your new lady friend.” Ha Ha gives a sinister smile.

“I don’t think so,” Hyung Joong replies, “I didn’t get the chance to get her name. Let alone I wouldn’t know how she looks like…I only saw her eyes.”

“Shouldn’t the eyes be enough?” Lee Lo questions.

“Huh?” Hyun Joong replies in confusion.

“Nevermind. Let’s go have breakfast,” Lee Lo says as he pushes the two men away.

“I wanted to give you a formal apology for what I did yesterday,” the hotel owner says to me, “I know it’s very small but I made you a very special breakfast for you.”

“Gamsahabnida. You don’t have to worry. I am fine,” I tell him.

“Please accept my apologies. If it makes you feel any better, I had a horrible night. The Mrs. made me sleep on the couch. I hate the couch,” the hotel owner confesses.

“I accept your apology and I am willing to talk to your wife later. Please don’t be worried,” I say.

“Gamsahabnida.  Really, gamsahabnida. Please enjoy the food. You know where the dining section is…just tell them your name and they will you to your special room,” he says cheerfully.

“Thank you,” I say as I am about to leave.

“Wait!” he says as he stops me, “…would it be…would it be too much to ask if I were to ask you to stay for the remainder of your vacation. I know you know who is here now and of course I do not want to pressure you in any way but…I just hope..”

“I will be staying. I know what you are about to say. I decided that I cannot run away anymore. I must confront him sooner or later,” I tell him. 

He shakes his head. I walk off to eat breakfast.