My Savior

He May Be the One

‘It can’t be!  It just can’t be!’ I think to myself while we take a taxi to another hotel.  We sit quietly.

“How did you know where I was?” I finally asked.

“I…I traveled here for work and while on break I went to the market and I overheard someone who works here talk about you…” he answered.  He paused and proceeded on talking, “I wasn’t going to come… but then …something inside me… I don’t know what it was but…I had to come and…I heard he was there and heard he was going to the same ball as you…and …then I saw him…I somehow knew who he was even with the mask…I knew who you were even with the mask…I was going to leave but… I saw him approaching you. I couldn’t let him have you…”

Hearing his words.  I was speechless. ‘Why? I thought we agreed that what we had was toxic? I…I knew you still had feelings for me but…has it really been that hard on you?’

“I’m staying here for the night. I won’t bother you any more than I need to. I’m sorry. I’ll have the driver drop me off and you can go back…” he tells me.

“Why don’t we eat together first.  The party made me hungry. Then I’ll go back,” I finally say.

“okay…” he replies.

‘I’m so sorry,’ I think to myself.