The Escape

He May Be the One

I look through the eye piece on the door to see who it is. ‘Otoke, it’s Minhyuk Oppa….otoke…’  I look around and decide to wait.

“Noona! Are you here?” he questions.

I freeze. I try my hardest not to make a sound.

“Noona! I know you are in there….” he claims.

I hold my breath even harder. 

He pauses.  “Well, maybe Vivi got to her before I did.” He walks away.

‘Phew, good.’ I think to myself in relieve. I wait a couple minutes before I decide to gently open the door.  I look around and notice that their door is slightly cracked. I think to myself, ‘should I go for it anyways.’

…..

….

Time passes by.

….

‘I’m going to do it.’

….

….

I tip toe my way to the door, while making sure that I make no noise. ‘Alright, I think I can do this’.  As I make my way almost pass the door I hear my name.

“What should we do about Mor Ri noona?” Minhyuk says while looking and Jong Hyun.

‘What are they talking about?’ I ask myself.  I look bend down and look through the little crack.

“The best thing we can do is wait until she comes back,” says Jong Hyun.

“Yeah, then we can ask her what is going.” Jong Shin says.

I watch them.

Minhyuk starts pacing.

“Ugh, I just know how this is going to turn out.  She will say that nothing is going on and that it has nothing to do with her.  But we all know that ….that is not the case.  She still….”

“Don’t say it! Kim Minhyuk!” Jong Hyun demands while interrupting Minhyuk.

‘I still…what?...Are they still….no it can’t be…do they?....do they still think that I love Kim Hyung Joong Op…’

“UGH!” Minhyuk groans as he sits next to his hyung and dongsaeng.

Silence.  I stand there for what seems like forever until finally a phone breaks their silence.

“It’s hyung. He is coming back and wants to know if we have eaten yet.” Jong Hyun says.

“Aeygo…otoke, otoke…what should we do about hyung? He is hurting all over and yet he is still thinking about us…” Minhyuk says.

They all fall into silence again and with that I walk away.

‘They can’t still be worrying about me.  Have I been so naïve? I thought I was doing a good job making them worry less. Now what should I do?’ As I am thinking I realize that I am already outside.  I start walking to the local park. ‘If this were the case, if I was already over it. Why am I here? Why did I run away? I should have just talked to them.’  I stop. ‘Am I really over it?’